Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2020, 11:19   #1426
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
I am facing a gear lever issue with my Figo 1.5D. There was a significant noise when I was slotting out of third gear when driving. After that, there, which resembled a plastic part breaking in a snap, is no problem with slotting in and out of all the gears except the third. While trying to slot in to the third, I am not able to find the slot and I have to feel around a few seconds to find it. I will either be leaving the car in the workshop at the place of work or drive down tonight to my native 200kms away.

The odo is at 88500kms. Had anyone else faced a similar issue with their car?
Yes, faced the same issue at around 95k kms. Most likely its because of water, cause that's what triggered mine, wading through water filled roads.

Don't panic. Most likely a clutch wire adjustment along with lubricating the shift linkages will solve the issue. Both of which can be done at the Ford workshop and will take less than an hour.
bhphog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2020, 14:51   #1427
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
Yes, faced the same issue at around 95k kms. Most likely its because of water, cause that's what triggered mine, wading through water filled roads.

Don't panic. Most likely a clutch wire adjustment along with lubricating the shift linkages will solve the issue. Both of which can be done at the Ford workshop and will take less than an hour.
Thanks for this comforting reply. I have dropped my car at an FNG. The mechanic there too had said that it is an issue related to 'a bush' or 'a connecting rod' and that he will be rectifying it by today evening.

Did the issue in your car start suddenly with a significantly loud noise of some plastic thing giving away?

UPDATE

The problem has been traced to a "gear rod assembly spring" having got cut.

The FNG mechanic say that the whole assembly needs to be changed. The cost of the part is expected to be around 5k.

He also said that this issue is cropping up in many other Figos having similar mileage(~1L kms).

Can anyone shed more info on this?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-img20200229wa0055.jpg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd March 2020 at 14:40. Reason: back to back posts merged.
Old 10th March 2020, 11:41   #1428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
Thanks for this comforting reply. I have dropped my car at an FNG. The mechanic there too had said that it is an issue related to 'a bush' or 'a connecting rod' and that he will be rectifying it by today evening.

Did the issue in your car start suddenly with a significantly loud noise of some plastic thing giving away?

UPDATE

The problem has been traced to a "gear rod assembly spring" having got cut.

The FNG mechanic say that the whole assembly needs to be changed. The cost of the part is expected to be around 5k.

He also said that this issue is cropping up in many other Figos having similar mileage(~1L kms).

Can anyone shed more info on this?
Suggest you take it to a Ford ASC. Chances are it could be compensated under warranty.
Even if it isn't, 1L kms is too less to not trust a official dealership.
bhphog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 10:20   #1429
BANNED

The problem got resolved on saturday at a Ford ASC under the supervision of the trusty FNG mechanic. The gear rod transmission assembly was changed. The total cost came to 3.7k. I am glad to have the car running again.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-20200316_083707948.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-20200316_083734105.jpg  

Last edited by BlackPearl : 16th March 2020 at 11:53. Reason: Edited. Thanks.
COMMUTER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2020, 21:29   #1430
BHPian

Hello Esteemed T-Bhpians,

Hope everyone is safe and healthy. Crazy time to be alive.

Concerning a 2016 Figo 1.5 Tdci -
So, just yesterday, I washed my car which was in its self isolation since 23rd March, and took her for a little spin.

At first everything felt fine, but post that a check engine light was shown and car lost all power post 2k rpm. The engine didn't die but there was no acceleration, it felt like the turbo didn't kick in.

I switched on and off the car but the issue still remains.

There are a few pending repairs on the car,
1. Both the driving belts - Drive belt and Engine timing belts
2. Suspension Bushings
3. Clutch not replaced in over 1.2lakh kms.

Considering everything above, any idea what could be wrong?
I point it down to the clutch issue but the rev range issue doesn't justify that.

I want to order the Clutch repair kit so it can fitted post lockdown asap, but apparently Ford India isn't taking any requests whatsoever.

Thank You everyone - Please stay safe and stay isolated. This too, shall pass.
Old 23rd April 2020, 06:55   #1431
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, don't miss this awesome DIY by BHPian Aafaq on the cabin filter replacement - link (DIY: Ford Figo cabin filter replacement).
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th May 2020, 17:51   #1432
BHPian

Hello All,

Our Figo Diesel Trend is just above 4 years old now covered about 40,XXX kms.
The battery has started to lose its charge holding capacity. It was not apparent before the Covid lockdown because the car was used almost everyday and it used to start fine. However, during the lockdown, we started noticing starting problems. Twice I was stranded at supermarkets where the car wouldn't start and we had to have the car pushed to start.
I want to get the battery changed now preferably to Amaron HiLife Flo 45Ah battery. But when I checked with Ford ASC, they told me that Ford recommends only their own battery as it has the correct rating. He says other batteries have higher rating (what does rating mean here anyway?) and that will void the electrical warranty (which I'm not bothered of as the car is already out of warranty).
Asking everyone here, is it true that other batteries like Amaron are incompatible with the car? Or can I go ahead and get the battery replaced?

I know the parameters I should be looking for are the Voltage and Capacity. I think the Ford branded battery is 29Ah and Amaron is 45Ah. Isn't a higher capacity battery more beneficial? Is there something else to be considered before making the purchase?

Appreciate any help.
Thanks.

Last edited by arijitkanrar : 27th May 2020 at 17:52. Reason: added more info
Old 27th May 2020, 18:10   #1433
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijitkanrar View Post
Hello All,
I know the parameters I should be looking for are the Voltage and Capacity. I think the Ford branded battery is 29Ah and Amaron is 45Ah. Isn't a higher capacity battery more beneficial? Is there something else to be considered before making the purchase?
Wow, 29Ah only!? 45Ah sounds about right & go ahead and replace with the Amaron battery. Authorized centers are of course brainwashed to recite the same lines from their rule-books about using only authorized spares etc. We know how that works, so let them be.
In theory - larger battery = it takes longer to recharge since it holds more charge & that means alternator will be supplying that much more for the battery. as long as the current drawn is in limits - its no difference at all. Even with fully charged battery, the alternator always spins with the engine and its not like it gets much rest.

Just that when a battery under-charges, it draws more current to recharge & that theoretically means more work for the alternator. Regardless - the alternator will die of old age much before the larger battery has any significant impact as such. One thing to check would be - to ensure that the Amaron 45Ah battery actually fits in your battery plate & holding bracket. I think it would - but check before you pay for it.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2020, 17:55   #1434
BHPian

Hello all,
We have a 1.5 petrol autobox and yesterday we sent it for service and service advisor said there is a "transmission housing recall" on ford figo automatic. any one else have gotten any such intimation ? This was informed during our 40k service
Thanks
Old 8th August 2020, 23:33   #1435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post

Part numbers and prices:

Front suspension strut LH: G1B518K001AA - Rs 1768
Front suspension strut RH: G1B518045AA - Rs 1768
Front suspension spring: G1BZ5310A (old part number G1B55310AB) - Rs 687 each
Rear suspension spring: G1BZ5560A (old part number G1B55560AA) - Rs 613 each

All the above prices are including taxes. The rear struts on the normal and 'S' variants are the same. So you'll not need to change it. The total expense of the parts will be Rs 6136. You will be able to order and procure these parts from the Ford authorized parts outlets in your respective cities. There are noticeable changes in handling with just swapping the springs alone.
Were you able to compare all the suspension parts of a normal Figo and Figo S? So if one buys a normal Figo and replaces it with the given parts then at Rs. 6136 he shall have a Figo S like handling? If true then this makes so much more sense. Buy the Figo Blu, wrap those ugly cheap looking blu inserts, change these parts, get those tacky stickers off and you have an excellant drivers car with good features. Pocket friendly pocket rocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Note: There are more differences between the normal variants and the 'S' than just the suspension setup. These part numbers usually show up as that of the Freestyle in the online parts catalog that the parts outlet have.
Can you detail more on the differences between normal variants and the Figo S? Apart from visual differences)
Old 9th August 2020, 22:40   #1436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Were you able to compare all the suspension parts of a normal Figo and Figo S? So if one buys a normal Figo and replaces it with the given parts then at Rs. 6136 he shall have a Figo S like handling? If true then this makes so much more sense. Buy the Figo Blu, wrap those ugly cheap looking blu inserts, change these parts, get those tacky stickers off and you have an excellant drivers car with good features. Pocket friendly pocket rocket.

Can you detail more on the differences between normal variants and the Figo S? Apart from visual differences)
As per the differences are concerned, the only other major difference is the rear sway bar which is a two part setup priced at about 4500/-
bhphog is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 13:47   #1437

Hi all,

I am in the market for a used Petrol AT car, My question is, should i go ahead looking for Figo actively as it was sold in very less numbers, and should i be worried about parts and service after Fords collaboration with Mahindra.

A light on the matter from you will greatly help this Noob.

thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 01:20   #1438
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppenwolf1978 View Post
Hi all,

I am in the market for a used Petrol AT car, My question is, should i go ahead looking for Figo actively as it was sold in very less numbers
As much as I like the Figo, the DCT gearbox itself is not trouble free especially in our conditions.
If it were the manual, or the diesel it would get my vote anyday!
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 08:22   #1439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppenwolf1978 View Post
I am in the market for a used Petrol AT car, My question is, should i go ahead looking for Figo actively as it was sold in very less numbers, and should i be worried about parts and service after Fords collaboration with Mahindra.
Ford AT will be a good choice if you are ok with lower FE and to an extent of certain unreliability. I would rather suggest you wait till Kia reveals the pricing for Sonet. It will definitely need you to stretch your budget but the car is livable for another decade. Figo in just a year has already started to look old. Apart from Ecosport, Ford cars do not age well. If your ownership is going to be short (3 years or so) then you can very well go for Figo AT. Under warranty so you should have peace of mind. It hardly sells, so it would be a steal deal if you can negotiate well.

If AT is not a must have then go for the Diesel Freestyle. Even though your running is not high, once you own a Ford or VW diesel you bound to go for drives just for Fun

Last edited by VWAllstar : 12th August 2020 at 08:32.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 14:08   #1440

Hello friends, I own a 2016 Figo 1.5 TDCI. After having driven for 60000 Kms over 4 years I am finally thinking about upsizing my wheels. I've shortlisted a set of Freestyle alloy wheels. But I'm confused about the tire size. Originally I was going for 195 55 R15(Michelin XM2), but in the service centre I saw a set of 195 65 r15. Now I'm confused should I go for 195 65 R15. Would the thicker side wall of 65 mean a more plush ride than 55? Is the 195 65 R15 size compatible for upgrade?

Also friends those who have upsized to 195 55 R15, what is your feedback regarding same.

Thank You,
Dr.S.Sen.

Most Viewed