Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2020, 21:35   #1456
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
My Figo has a new issue now. The gears do not slot at first when the engine is turned on. The clutch was completely depressed so no issues there. On switching off the engine, the gears slot perfectly. Then second time, the gears slot properly. I believe it is only if the car is stationary for more than few hours then this issue surfaces. Spoke to few friends and they said, it may be an issue pertaining to pressure plate. However, my car is only at 14500 odd KMs. Will have to take it to Ford ASS again. Mumbai guys, please suggest a good FASS and preferably if you have made any SA a good friend So far use to take it to Bhavna Ford, Kalina and really not very impressed with their work.
Try greasing the gear linkages inside the box just behind the bumper on the front left side. My car doesn't have slotting issues, but it started feeling rubbery and made a squeaky sound when shifting around 20k kms. Once I greased the joints, it became smooth.
Clutch shouldn't be the issue, especially when the car hasn't run much.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 21:45   #1457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Try greasing the gear linkages inside the box just behind the bumper on the front left side. My car doesn't have slotting issues, but it started feeling rubbery and made a squeaky sound when shifting around 20k kms. Once I greased the joints, it became smooth.
Clutch shouldn't be the issue, especially when the car hasn't run much.
I took the car to an independent garage last week and they did exactly what you said. The gears work when in motion however only when it is parked overnight they don't slot at first. Have to switch off the engine and then slot it then again switch on the engine for them to start slotting again. Weird it may sound, however true.
Old 5th September 2020, 15:25   #1458

Ownership Update:
After 4 years of ownership and 60000 Kms I've finally upsized my wheels. Got a set of second hand freestyle rims in top notch condition for a steal. For tyres went with Yokohama s drives 195 55 R15. So far so good. Ride is not as stiff as was expecting(previously used Michelin xm2+ in stock size).
Also the car underwent a thorough service. I've replaced the following parts:
1. Front brake disc and pads.
2. Rear brake shoe.
2. Tie rods front suspension both sides.
3. Engine mount.
4. Front both side shock absorbers.
5. Battery replaced.
6. Also 60000km service including engine oil change, air filter, AC cabin fliter, diesel filter , brake oil change.
Also I replaced all the lug nuts. Ford lug nuts are absolutely worst quality.
Post these car feels as good as new. The car is much smoother now and stability has also increased.
So far it's been an awesome ownership experience.
PS: The logo lights are battery operated and stuck with 3M tape. These have no connection with car electricals. They work(on opening and closing of door) via a magnet with you attach to door sill. Bought it off Amazon.
Car looking branding after a thorough wash and some liquid wax.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-img_20200905_150232.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-img_20200905_150111.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-img_20200905_145711.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-img_20200905_151628.jpg  

@dr_figo is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 16:21   #1459
BHPian

Hello Guys,

After almost 4 years and 1.2lakh kms of having owned my 2016 Figo 1.5 Tdci all throughout my college, the first thing I did as soon as I took an employment opportunity, I decided to restore her and get her back of a factory fresh level along with a few other changes.

Not only is she my daily drive, but also my counterpart in motor sport and autocross events in Delhi. To her throne, she has 3 winner category trophies along with 2 runner-up trophies in events such as Maruti Suzuki AutoPrix, SpeedSprint 18, etc.

List of OEM part replacements (all done from Ford ASS)
  1. All Engine Mounts and Transmission Mount
  2. Timing Belt and associated pulleys
  3. Clutch
  4. All Turbo hoses and pipes including Intercooler hoses
  5. All 4 Suspensions
  6. Steering Rack
  7. Both Control Arms
  8. A Full Body Dent and Paint Repair along with both bumpers replaced from Ford

List of External Modifications:
  1. Tyre downgrade from Yoko S-Drive 195/60/14's to Yoko Earth -1 185/65/14's
  2. BMC Air Filter
  3. My favourite - Stage 1 EvoTech Motorsport Remap - Power bump of 30HP/75Nm -Lap47, Kerela

List of Future Mods in Pipeline:
  1. MOMO Alloys with a 16" 205mm setup
  2. Eibach Lowering Springs
  3. Intercooler Upgrade
  4. Engine Cooling Upgrade - Looking for something proven and Concrete

I need your help now in my pursuit, I recently chose to do a few top speed runs and the figures were insane post remap. However, the Coolant Temp at those speeds was worrying.

On normal daily driving, the Coolant Temp is at 85 degrees but during the WOT runs, the Temp was at 90-92 degrees. I understand that if the engine were overheating seriously, it would be indicated but I feel there is a lot of performance block because of this.

Is it normal? Or should I get the cooling system inspected.

Can someone confirm what is the reading of coolant temp that they are witnessing. It would really be super helpful.

Thanks, Drive Safe.

PS - This is a picture from an motorsport event in late 2018.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201013-4.09.48-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by bblost : 8th December 2020 at 12:13. Reason: fixed formatting issues. Too many line breaks.
bhphog is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 21:06   #1460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post

I need your help now in my pursuit, I recently chose to do a few top speed runs and the figures were insane post remap. However, the Coolant Temp at those speeds was worrying.

On normal daily driving, the Coolant Temp is at 85 degrees but during the WOT runs, the Temp was at 90-92 degrees. I understand that if the engine were overheating seriously, it would be indicated but I feel there is a lot of perfomance block because of this.

Is it normal? Or should I get the cooling system inspected.

Can someone confirm what is the reading of coolant temp that they are witnessing. It would really be super helpful. please
Yes, on a re-mapped engine when in high revs, the coolant temp will cross 90c. The only thing that can be done is, drive in lower revs after going WOT so the temperature drops and avoid keeping the temp above 90c for more than couple of minutes as it will affect some of the turbo seals due to the heat.
On my Aspire that is again a re-mapped car, normal driving sees 79-81c and high revs or WOT for less than a minute will spike the temperature to 93-94c.

The 1.5 Tdci is able to hit the double ton with some aggressive maps, but the risk is with over-heating.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 22:27   #1461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Yes, on a re-mapped engine when in high revs, the coolant temp will cross 90c. The only thing that can be done is, drive in lower revs after going WOT so the temperature drops and avoid keeping the temp above 90c for more than couple of minutes as it will affect some of the turbo seals due to the heat.
Firstly, Thanks for clearing a lot of doubts which were keeping me awake at night.

I wanted to get your opinion since you are well versed with the technicalities of the 1.5Tdci, How can we improve engine cooling? I mean maybe a bigger intercooler, or a re-routed coolant circuit.

I though of getting a few vents cut out in the bonnet in a angular way so as to cool the engine and not create much drag.

I'd really love to hear your take on this issue as I really want to get a Stage 2 Map as well but at the risk of reliability.
Old 14th October 2020, 10:53   #1462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Firstly, Thanks for clearing a lot of doubts which were keeping me awake at night.

I wanted to get your opinion since you are well versed with the technicalities of the 1.5Tdci, How can we improve engine cooling? I mean maybe a bigger intercooler, or a re-routed coolant circuit.

I though of getting a few vents cut out in the bonnet in a angular way so as to cool the engine and not create much drag.

I'd really love to hear your take on this issue as I really want to get a Stage 2 Map as well but at the risk of reliability.
Since you car has run over a lakh, you can get a complete clean up of the cooling system and the radiator to start off with. Radiator flush or removing the radiator to get it cleaned by a radiator mechanic.
Also, if you are not using synthetic engine oil, that will help in reducing heat as well.

Intercooler will help in feeding cooler air to the cylinders which will improve performance. For better cooling, you will have to look at a more efficient radiator and a radiator fan that kicks in earlier.
Making vents will helps in removing heat quicker, but I am not sure where exactly is the placement of the vents needs to be made for that.

All this if you are planning on track days and such.
If it is for normal driving and short bursts of high revs, I think the stock cooling system is enough.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by tharian : 14th October 2020 at 10:56.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 10:37   #1463
BHPian

Dear Bhpians,

I own a Freestyle 2018 Ambiente Diesel and l have this left pulling issue which pops up every now and then.

Previously, in 2019 December the service center guys were able to rectify it

During the current service, he said my tires have bulges and hence the issue. And it cannot be rectified unless the tires are changed

Upon probing to show me the bulges, he said they are minor ones and can be seen only during balancing

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and guidance on this issue !
Old 8th December 2020, 10:53   #1464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
Dear Bhpians,

I own a Freestyle 2018 Ambiente Diesel and l have this left pulling issue which pops up every now and then.Upon probing to show me the bulges, he said they are minor ones and can be seen only during balancing
If that is indeed the case, your best bet is to go to a well regarded wheel alignment and balancing center (outside the ASS) and get an analysis done. The machinery they have will typically figure out minute details relating to the tires and any issues with them. They would also be happy to share a detailed report on the same. You can thereafter take a call on the most appropriate course of action.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 10:39   #1465
BHPian

Has anyone on this thread purchased Ford's Anytime warranty for the Figo ? I own a 2016 Figo 1.5 DCT and extended warranty on my car ends this month end. I am considering purchasing Anytime warranty for the 6th year of ownership and have been speaking to my SA about it since early December 2020.

For one reason or the other the SA keeps dodging when it comes to the actual purchase of warranty. Hence looking to see if anyone here has been able to actually buy the Anytime warranty product from Ford so far.

Thanks.
ashenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 20:25   #1466
BHPian

Posting after years.

Did a Noida-Mumbai during Jan 2021 in my Figo titaniumTDCI. The mile cruncher has given me a lot of ARAI equivalent FEs in the last 5 yrs of ownership on a lot of highway trips.
But it was test of patience for not flooring the pedal in the entire trip (1450km approx) even once and running ~ 80kmph most of the trip without any cruise control. It reflected in FE achieved during the trip 30kmpl as per MID and ~ 29kmpl as tank to tank method(auto-cutoff) during first top-up on the route at Bharuch. First 1000+kms in a single fill (36l at the Bharuch top-up) otherwise traffic mostly acts as a spoilsport in most highway runs till date. Load 2 adults (with lots of parental love and 3 month wfh luggage with back seat half packed too apart from boot) and AC for 50-60% of the journey.

Not sure if the recent change in tyre has anything to do with it. Changed from noisy MRF 175/65 to Yoko earth 185/65 on stock r14 alloys at 51k on the Odo. The braking has improved as well as the noise in triple digit has reduced drastically after the upgrade.

Had missed the window of default upgrade from MRF to Apollo which Ford India did for lot of owners who complained about it during the first 2 services back in 2016. The service center guys did not inform though had mentioned about it during chat but wasn't marked as a complaint during the second service. Got to know only during the third service and then I was being asked to pay ~80% (since had done 30k already) for the new tyre cost which I didn't opt for.

Btw forgot to mention the onward journey Mumbai-Noida FE was ~25kmpl during Oct 2020 on the stock tyre primarily since have become a sedate driver post the hair started greying.
OT : Rather buying the beast (Safari) made me sedate driver as it couldn't be driven with agression considering first 2 gears were literally useless. But it was a joy to drive on highways and bad/no roads during the 10+ yrs of its ownership (prime reason for me to join this community and my handle).
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-screenshot_20210126104119__01.jpg  

Last edited by Safari_Sid : 21st February 2021 at 20:38. Reason: Picture upload attachment missed
Safari_Sid is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 17:26   #1467
BHPian

Hello Team,

I was driving to office today morning and felt a loss in power. Chalked that up to not driving her spirited these days.

But lo and behold, the check engine light comes on. I had my OBDII reader connected and checked the error which was as follows:

P2598 - Powertrain.

Looked up online and found its related to either Turbo or MAP sensors. Booked an appointment with Ford for tomorrow.

Does anybody have any idea as to what this exactly is? Has someone experienced this before?

Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 21:28   #1468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But lo and behold, the check engine light comes on. I had my OBDII reader connected and checked the error which was as follows:

P2598 - Powertrain.
Have you checked the engine bay to make sure no wires are cut? It could be due to wire cut or wires fraying over time, to some of these sensors that might cause the error. Rat bites??
Old 23rd March 2021, 21:29   #1469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Have you checked the engine bay to make sure no wires are cut? It could be due to wire cut or wires fraying over time, to some of these sensors that might cause the error. Rat bites??
I did check, it looks alright but I'm not very well versed with engineering so I don't really know.

I'll surely pass the suggestion to Ford, thanks.
Old 29th March 2021, 19:24   #1470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
For the old EcoSport, new Figo, Aspire and Freestyle, here's a post on Facebook who has installed it in his car. It's Idumbakumar who did this mod in his pre facelift EcoSport.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/ecospo...9421188127200/
Hope this might help all those who are on the fence for cruise control in the mentioned models.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks