Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2023, 13:09   #1561
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilck View Post
Nope, I did not. The only recent work I got done was 3 months ago when I refilled the AC gas at a 3rd party service center (Bosch)
You would have to replace the wiring harness no doubt.
The reason for the burn is the overload on the entire system requiring it to draw more power than usual.

Now, why the system is overloaded is a cause for concern and without its solution, replacing the wiring harness would only be a short term measure.

As you are based out of Bangalore, please visit Engineering Exponent.
bhphog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 14:43   #1562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
You would have to replace the wiring harness no doubt…
Thanks for the reply, I’ll reach out to engineering exponent.
nikhilck is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2023, 03:58   #1563
BHPian

Have any of the fellow pre-facelift Figo (2016) owners found an aftermarket headunit that supports carplay and android auto? if yes, can you please provide details of headunit and where you purchased it? Thanks!
TN07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 17:38   #1564

Hi All,

I own a 2015 1.5L TDCI Ford Figo (Diesel), a used car which clocked 80,000 kms when I bought in 2021 from Spinny.
Used it for 2 years now and the current reading is 90,000 kms.
While I don't have any major issues with the car, once in a while I feel the left A pillar vibrating. Apart from this, from a driving comfort perspective, I'm not liking it too much as it's tiring me out when we go for slightly longer drives. Low seating position, longer clutch travel, harder gear shift etc. So, we're in search of a new and safer car as we want to do highway drives. I want to pass the Figo onto my parents as they don't have a car and need one as they're growing older. Their usage is minimal. The reason I chose to retain the Figo is the impression that got created for me by multiple people that vehicles from Ford/Honda/Toyota have a longer engine life and will not have any major issues in their lifetime.
Coming back to the current dilemma, I've got a couple of annual services done for this Figo from GoMechanic. In my recent service, the workshop came up with a long list of spare parts which need to be changed. Attached is the list. While I wanted to get the service done from a Ford service center, I couldn't do it owing to my laziness and the SC's lack of appointments. My question now is how can I validate if these items in the list need to be replaced? Should I approach the service center for a validation? I'm not sure if they'll be honest either with their assessment. What's the best way out!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-img20231016wa0020.jpg  

Old 16th October 2023, 19:50   #1565
BHPian

First of all find a good FNG mechanic. You should not visit this service center after this price list.

I will tell you all the details of my car's work.
1 & 2 - engine mounting costs 1790 and 2790rs.
3- Ford genuine costs 8000rs but it was not available so had to buy a third party at 10800rs.
4- Front shock absorbers genuine costs 2800rs for a pair and not 8800rs.
5 - must cost around the same as front but hardly needs replacement.
6 - Genuine arms cost 2800rs for a pair.
7 - Link rod is 850 aftermarket.
8 - Don't know what this is.
9- Get Bosch brake pads for 850rs.
10- Should cost 300-450rs since Maruti overcharged me 1200rs for my brezza but after looking at the work done I arrived at the cost for the same.
11- No need whatever they meant by this.
12- get it done since you are feeling some vibrations.
13- I paid 2100 rs labor including alignment for all of the above mentioned parts.

If you hear loud noises in each and every pothole then suspension needs to be changed. And Validation can only be done after getting it checked from a trusted mechanic in front of you. He will tell you what all needs to be replaced. Ask me if you have any more questions.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-screenshot_20230903194133243_com.whatsapp2.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-img20230817wa0012.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-img20230817wa0011.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-img20230817wa0010.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-img20230817wa0009.jpg  

shikh_oberoi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2023, 15:08   #1566
BHPian

As her 8th young year starts, I thought of sharing this with fellow enthusiasts.
The NGT loom hovers over head, but she will find her ultimate solace as a track only car.

My true companion that I will never part with, ever.

16 States
1.80L Kms

12 Motorsport Events
9 Podiums
5 Outright Wins

Only complaint with her is that there is no absolute worthy successor to her.
No car can change my life she has done.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-img20231023wa0005.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-screenshot_2023102314390749_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a42.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-screenshot_2023102314370507_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a42.jpg  

bhphog is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2023, 15:25   #1567
BHPian

Quote:
Only complaint with her is that there is no absolute worthy successor to her.
It is not her fault that there is no able replacement / successor of her. That's infact her telling you not to part ways ever

Congratulations on a superb ownership & achievements and hope you continue to have fun with Figo!
VWAllstar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2023, 15:41   #1568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
It is not her fault that there is no able replacement / successor of her. That's infact her telling you not to part ways ever

Congratulations on a superb ownership & achievements and hope you continue to have fun with Figo!
Hahah absolutely, never parting ways with her.

Thanks a lot, truly enjoyable ownership experience till date.
Old 15th November 2023, 19:30   #1569
BHPian

Hello fellow BHPians,

My brother's Figo is making this noise when the car is in accessory/on position and also when the engine is on. We are in a hill station and need to return home tomorrow - 4 hours journey.

Can Someone tell what the noise is and if it is safe to continue our journey back home?

Attaching the link -

Old 7th April 2024, 18:36   #1570
BHPian

Quote:
The error code was P2598. Its is related to the turbocharger control solenoid valve. Is the fault MAF coneector the cause for this?

Any help would be gladly appreciated.
How did you get this resolved? I've got the same error code after my vehicle's battery drained and i had to get a jump start.
Any help is appreciated.
Old 7th April 2024, 20:28   #1571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aston_martyr View Post
How did you get this resolved? I've got the same error code after my vehicle's battery drained and i had to get a jump start.
Any help is appreciated.
Hey,
Yeah, it was a peculiar issue.

However, after diagnosing multiple parts including running a brand-new turbo for a while, the issue was diagnosed as a faulty turbo actuator.

Essentially, A turbo actuator, also known as a wastegate actuator, is a pressure relief valve that controls the boost output of a turbo. It's a simple piece of equipment that consists of a diaphragm and a spring. The spring holds the wastegate shut until the boost pressure reaches a certain level, then opens, allowing the gas to escape and reducing the boost pressure.

The spring in my actuator was faulty and not operating well therefore reducing boost and thus power. It was hesitant to open and shut the wastegate at certain rpms.

I am not sure what went wrong for the spring to get messed up but since the replacement, I haven't had any issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks