Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2015, 20:13   #61

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Nice comprehensive review. I am confused between baleno and figo as baleno overall package is very good. Enthusiasts please help me out. I also want to know whether figo gets auto dimming IVRM. I am eagerly waiting for Baleno review. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th November 2015 at 13:55. Reason: plz > please. Please refrain from using SMS lingo while posting on the forums. Thanks!
Old 15th November 2015, 12:04   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorboat2992 View Post
Nice comprehensive review. I am confused between baleno and figo as baleno overall package is very good. Enthusiasts plz help me out. I also want to know whether figo gets auto dimming IVRM. I am eagerly waiting for Baleno review. Thanks in advance.
It should be Baleno if space and size is your primary requirement. If petrol, the Baleno 1.2 holds a slight edge over Figo. If diesel and want superior drivability and engine performance, then Figo is a better bet. The Figo is also cheaper by 50K as of now which would increase once Suzuki hikes Baleno prices in near future.
Both offer almost same set of features and should not be the factor to decide the car.
Old 15th November 2015, 13:27   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Nice comprehensive review. I am confused between baleno and figo as baleno overall package is very good. Enthusiasts plz help me out. I also want to know whether figo gets auto dimming IVRM. I am eagerly waiting for Baleno review. Thanks in advance.
Baleno offers good space & Comfort compared to Figo and its ICE is good with new Apple car play. But when it comes to driving dynamics it cant stand near the Figo and also found that the Baleno's braking is not that great & also the Steering was very light. Diesel one is too noisy and it may irritate you on the drive!

Last edited by Johnnny : 15th November 2015 at 13:34.
Johnnny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 17:35   #64
BHPian

Quote:
As stated above, if looking for Petrol, than Baleno it is and if Diesel is your requirement, than Figo makes a better choice.
Old 15th November 2015, 20:28   #65

Suggest me the best type upgrade for the new figo. Does tyre upgrade make the warranty void in any way? I have heard that tyre upgradation causes ABS to not function properly. Is it true? Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Thanks guys.
Those are 15" wheels with 195/55 Conti Max Contact 5 tyres
How much did you get for exchanging the stock tyres? Can you please elaborate on that aspect?

Quote:
Suggest me the best type upgrade for the new figo. Does tyre upgrade make the warranty void in any way? I have heard that tyre upgradation causes ABS to not function properly. Is it true? Thanks in advance

How much did you get for exchanging the stock tyres? Can you please elaborate on that aspect?
You must have exchanged your manufacturer provided tyres with R15. I want to know how much did you get for exchanging your manufacturer provided tyres.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th November 2015 at 13:56. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 15th November 2015, 22:35   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You must have exchanged your manufacturer provided tyres with R15. I want to know how much did you get for exchanging your manufacturer provided tyres.

I had got MRF's as OE Tyres for which i got paid INR 2900/Tyre as a buy back deal.
Old 16th November 2015, 00:13   #67
BANNED

It seems Ford has updated the rear headrests to adjustable ones, nice addition, I think they are listening to what people have to say.

Link (Post # 120) -

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...-review-8.html

Last edited by Torquedo : 16th November 2015 at 00:15. Reason: Provided the Post #.
Torquedo is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 16:33   #68
BHPian

Hi, has anyone gone in for anti rust underbody coating ? Does it really help or is it just a sham at dealerships ? Just took delivery of my Figo and wondering :-) !
Old 16th November 2015, 19:40   #69
BHPian

Unbiased and a comprehensive review . Not only its detailed to every bolt ,its also gives a fair idea of pros and cons compared to its old model of FIGO and other segment competitors. Well its saddening to see hydraulic steering loosing its presence of late in modern cars which is against the favors of an enthusiast. However this car makes a decent package for a person who would like to think options other than Maruti ,Tata or Hyundai.
Old 17th November 2015, 15:41   #70
BHPian

I already own a Figo petrol and was looking forward to upgrade to the new Ford Figo diesel. The change from HPS to EPS and tyres put me down.
I doubt any car manufacturer will come out with a HPS in this class in the near future. Cars nowadays cater to the mass markets and not to the enthusiasts.

PS: the only reason I am looking for a change is for power and fuel efficiency. Rest, I am satisfied with what I have.
Open for suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtox View Post
Hi, has anyone gone in for anti rust underbody coating ? Does it really help or is it just a sham at dealerships ? Just took delivery of my Figo and wondering :-) !
It does help if done properly. As a matter of fact, people staying in Bangalore don't get to see the actual results/effects of underbody coating. The ones from the coastal region will be able to compare and throw some more light here

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd November 2015 at 22:30. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit you existing post within the 30 minute window, to add contents to it.
Old 18th November 2015, 12:45   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
It seems Ford has updated the rear headrests to adjustable ones, nice addition,
Yes, the news seems correct. Here is some more pics on same http://goo.gl/CEXmZ4
Old 18th November 2015, 18:16   #72
Senior - BHPian

Took a test drive of the Figo Diesel yesterday at Satyam Ford, GB Road.

I had driven the earlier Figo and the main difference is the "super light" EPS.

Also, the clutch felt light and when driving, I never connected to the car.
I was a Ford owner earlier(with the Ikon) and somehow never felt that I am driving a Ford car at all with the Figo.

The dynamics of the legendary Ford is lost and the pleasure of driving was missing.

The car from the inside looked decent though and most potential buyers will not have a cause of complaint.

The OEM HU pumped good music and the bass was controlled.
Though the speakers cracked upon increasing the volume.

The Tacho is a small unit and red lining enthusiasts will miss the larger tacho.

Also, the up shift green arrow is a useless feature. Would have made more sense had Ford included the warning light for no seatbelts.

Overall, the car is a more miss than hit for me.
I felt completely disconnected with the drive and could not relate to the Ford of yore!!!

Quote:
Nice comprehensive review. I am confused between baleno and figo as baleno overall package is very good. Enthusiasts please help me out. I also want to know whether figo gets auto dimming IVRM. I am eagerly waiting for Baleno review. Thanks in advance.
Hi

The Ford Figo even in the top Titanium Plus trim does not get the auto dimming IRVM option.

The ORVMs are electrically operated and retractable though.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 18th November 2015 at 23:39. Reason: merging posts. Kindly use the edit option when replying within 30minutes. Thanks.
Old 18th November 2015, 22:42   #73
BANNED

The Deal couldn't get any sweeter, just saw on the Ford India Home Page, the following are being offered -

1) Free Insurance.
2) Exchange Bonus.

Haggling can take the following off as well -

1) Third Year Warranty.
2) Logistics Charges
3) Basic Kit.

Link -

http://www.india.ford.com/cars/newfigo

All Ford Offers -

https://www.india.ford.com/offers

Advertise Ford, Advertise !! Maruti Morons even advertise Pillows on a Special Edition.

Last edited by Torquedo : 18th November 2015 at 22:53. Reason: Added Link for all the offers.
Torquedo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 00:46   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
The Deal couldn't get any sweeter, just saw on the Ford India Home Page, the following are being offered -
These offers are for Aspire and Ecosport ( old stock, I presume) only. Figo hatch is still not included. There's a high chance that we would be getting offers on Figo as well from next month.

Last edited by ampere : 19th November 2015 at 07:54. Reason: Edited quoted post.
Old 19th November 2015, 05:23   #75
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtox View Post
Figo hatch is still not included.
dtox, did you even bother to open these links ??

This offer is indeed on the New Figo and valid for the bookings made on or before 30th Nov and the amount paid in full on or before 30th Nov.

Additionally, as in the case of Aspire, these discounts are not applicable for all the variants, my hunch says, for Aspire, it'll be Trend and beyond and for Figo, Titanium and T+.
Torquedo is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks