Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2016, 17:13   #286
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Thinking loud - Do you face issue when trying to reverse from stand still (after parking)? If so, I would advise you to engage first gear and move forward a bit and then engage the reverse gear. This mostly ensures the slotting.
Agree with you mate. I got this tip from one of the professional driver while waiting at customer lounge for delivery and this works like a charm.
nilpat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 20:10   #287
BHPian

I did a 800 km run in last two days. Drive involved highway commute, hill ascend/descend, slow traffic and AC was on full time. I could squeeze 20.3 kmpl and I was not driving with utmost discipline, so i am very sure I can squeeze more if I plan my gear changes well and judicious with A pedal inputs.
Overall, i am very much impressed with car. I own a Brio as well and I am in comparison mode.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-12716377_10154092638762044_1852204271416253839_o.jpg  

Thilak29 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 22:11   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I did a 800 km run in last two days. Drive involved highway commute, hill ascend/descend, slow traffic and AC was on full time. I could squeeze 20.3 kmpl.....
Overall, i am very much impressed with car....
Yes! you can certainly extract higher mileage numbers from the Figo. My own experience with the Figo has been more than satisfactory (10,500 KM crossed so far with a mileage of 21.9KMPL). And the figure for the last 4,000KM is 23.2!! I have used the Full Tank to Full Tank method. 90%of my driving is on 20-30ft wide decent two-way roads connecting towns/cities. And it's not as if my sole focus was only on mileage. There have been instances of spirited driving at regular intervals
And yes, all throughout, I've driven with the AC in auto mode (23-24 degrees)

Last edited by espraveen : 15th February 2016 at 22:32. Reason: Additional related point
espraveen is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 10:03   #289
BHPian

Got my Figo delivered on Friday last week. Loving every bit of it, after the Linea (in the background in 3rd pic) which has quite a bit of turbo lag this feels very spirited to drive. Tires were upgraded to Bridgestone Potenza G3 195/55R15 and wheels upgraded to Momo Revenge 15 inches.

Tyre and wheel upgrade brings very perceptible improvements in the drive.

Keeping a close eye on doors for the rattling noises as mentioned in this thread, but I also have another issue, I am not very sure of the parking sensors which were installed by the dealer, unlike the ecosport there is no graphic display on the central MID and also the audible warnings are very perplexing with the beep intensity getting high and low without any object in the background. Only when the car is just about 12-15 inches away from the obstacle does the beep turns into a constant sound. Can anyone throw some light on how their parking sensors work?

Some customary pictures, please forgive me for the poor quality my photography skills are pathetic
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-20160212_180721.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-20160212_180847.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-20160213_072716.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-20160213_072737.jpg  

Speedshift is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 10:45   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedshift View Post
.....rattling noises as mentioned in this thread, but I also have another issue..Can anyone throw some light on how their parking sensors work?
I have not heard any rattling noises yet, may be need to wait for a month

Is that rear bumper black spot a rear camera ? I opted for the Ford 12k rear camera with centre mirror display (stock mirror is replaced) and it does not have any beeps. Its very clean day or night, with box marking display of Green, Yellow and Red. Stopping at the Yellow line is a perfect 6 inch gap to majority of things behind. Although Figo is not a big car, rear visibility is very poor at tight spots, specially at night. I find the camera a better choice than sensors.
shajufx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 11:15   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I have not heard any rattling noises yet, may be need to wait for a month
Is that rear bumper black spot a rear camera ?

Yes that the reverse cam, dealer installed 12k one. Quite steeply priced if you ask me, will implement your yellow line rule next time. Its jus that the reverse sensors in my Linea are much more user friendly, will post a pic soon of that.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th February 2016 at 12:19. Reason: Fixing quotes.
Old 16th February 2016, 11:27   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
..dealer installed 12k one. Quite steeply priced if you ask me..
Yes, the same thing is available on Ebay and Amazon for less than half the price, but I didn't want to mess up the warranty on a new car.

Your reply puts me to new questions, please bear with me. Did it come with the other sensors seen on the bumper ? Mine was just the camera and the internal mirror, nothing else. Paid 12k too. Here is a picture to give you an idea on what type it is (as I don't have a pic of the car after it was fitted). Its positioned above the number plate in the same angle as in the pic.

Ford Figo : Official Review-cam.png
shajufx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 11:56   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Your reply puts me to new questions
The sensors were installed for another 3k. A separate fitment altogether. The camera is bumper drilled and not like the one you have posted. The SA told me that the camera which protrudes outside has the risk of being vandalized and therefore they no longer offer that one. The only option available at the time of my purchase was bumper drilled camera.
Old 16th February 2016, 12:05   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...the camera which protrudes outside has the risk of being vandalized and therefore they no longer offer that one. The only option available at the time of my purchase was bumper drilled camera.
Mine was installed just last week and its a perfect fit below the bumper fold above the number plate. Thanks to the new design, same camera on the old Figo would have been a mismatch. Mine is a white Figo, otherwise its almost like a hidden camera
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 12:07   #295
BHPian

Quote:
... Tires were upgraded to Bridgestone Potenza G3 195/55R15 and wheels upgraded to Momo Revenge 15 inches.

Any idea if the tyre upgradation will void the warranty of certain parts like suspension / steering?

Figo definitely begs for larger wheels, but the warranty could be a major concern while upgrading.
Old 16th February 2016, 12:15   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Any idea if the tyre upgradation will void the warranty of certain parts like suspension / steering?
As per the SA it will void the warranty but it mostly depends upon how your terms are with the ASC guys, try and make a few friends when you visit them for your regular service and it will help you when you need their assistance. The upgraded size is the default size in the Figos which are exported overseas.
Old 17th February 2016, 08:57   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Got my Figo delivered on Friday last week. Loving every bit of it, after the Linea (in the background in 3rd pic) which has quite a bit of turbo lag this feels very spirited to drive. Tires were upgraded to Bridgestone Potenza G3 195/55R15 and wheels upgraded to Momo Revenge 15 inches.
Congratulations on your new Figo!! It does feel like a turbo-lag-free car to me as well. Even I haven't noticed any lag so far in my Figo 1.5TDCi. I could only upgrade to 185/65R14 Michelin EnergyXM2 (I've stuck to 14''-only-stock-alloys!) but even that has brought about a significant difference in how it feels to drive the car. Your upgradation to 195/55/R15 Bridgestone/Momos must have made a big difference!!
Wish you loads of happy miles
espraveen is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 10:31   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
Wish you loads of happy miles
Thanks a lot for the kind words. The ride has improved a lot. Although the potenzas are not the best choice for comfort as its a bit on the noisy side being a directional tyre but the grip levels are great.
Speedshift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 12:18   #299
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Heard that Ford has appointed Manasarovar as another dealer in Chennai. The opening of the showroom and ASC will be very soon. Presently Manasarovar is the authorized dealer for Honda two wheelers.
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2016, 17:07   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I did a 800 km run in last two days. Drive involved highway commute, hill ascend/descend, slow traffic and AC was on full time. I could squeeze 20.3 kmpl and I was not driving with utmost discipline, so i am very sure I can squeeze more if I plan my gear changes well and judicious with A pedal inputs.
Overall, i am very much impressed with car. I own a Brio as well and I am in comparison mode.
Congrats on the Car.. Did you buy the car from BLR ? How much was the OTR and was there any discounts offered ? I am also looking forward to the top spec.

Thanks.
Shiv_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks