Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2016, 07:54   #361
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Hi!
Following is the fuel economy summary for my Figo TDCi Titanium so far from the date of purchase:

Date Range NOV 1,2015 — APR 8,2016
(6 months)
Fuel Economy (avg) 22.31 KM/L
Fuel Economy (min) 18.83 KM/L
Fuel Economy (max) 24.37 KM/L
Distance Driven 15141 kilometers
(2523 per month)

Method used :Tankful to tankful

Fuel economy average shown on MID :23.5 KM/L

Driving conditions: I use it mostly for my daily office commute on 2 lane 30' decent roads (connecting towns) with AC on (23-24 degrees) 100% of the time. About 50KM per week of driving in city traffic is also there in between(that's a fraction in the whole scheme of things of course!!). Driving style is neither sedate nor spirited(tends to move towards spirited occasionally )

Last edited by espraveen : 9th April 2016 at 08:01.
espraveen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 10:55   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
Hi!
Following is the fuel economy summary for my Figo TDCi Titanium so far from the date of purchase:

Date Range NOV 1,2015 — APR 8,2016
(6 months)
Fuel Economy (avg) 22.31 KM/L
Fuel Economy (min) 18.83 KM/L
Fuel Economy (max) 24.37 KM/L
Distance Driven 15141 kilometers
(2523 per month)

Method used :Tankful to tankful

Fuel economy average shown on MID :23.5 KM/L

Driving conditions: I use it mostly for my daily office commute on 2 lane 30' decent roads (connecting towns) with AC on (23-24 degrees) 100% of the time. About 50KM per week of driving in city traffic is also there in between(that's a fraction in the whole scheme of things of course!!). Driving style is neither sedate nor spirited(tends to move towards spirited occasionally )
Dear espraveen,

That is impressive!
Just my curiosity - why do you drive 100 km per day?
I am assuming that you are not running a taxi! So, the curiosity..

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 15:15   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear espraveen,

That is impressive!
Just my curiosity - why do you drive 100 km per day?
I am assuming that you are not running a taxi! So, the curiosity..

Girish Mahajan
My daily office commute is 110KM. Hence the distance
espraveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 10:57   #364
BHPian

Got the first check up done. Though the showroom accessory IRVM reverse cam is priced very steep, got it fitted during the check up so that the warranty is not void. But post the check up, I am facing battery drain issues. Even after stopping the car at night after a drive, morning the car barely manages to crank. Wondering if the battery was drained by leaving some equipment ON during the check up (car was there for 2 days) or if the cam wiring was not proper causing battery charge to drain. Spoke to SA and he has asked me to take the car back to them and they will sort the issue.

Did anyone else face battery drain problem after fitting the reverse cam from showroom?

Last edited by ajaypjayaraj : 13th April 2016 at 11:08.
Old 13th April 2016, 13:22   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post

Did anyone else face battery drain problem after fitting the reverse cam from showroom?
We fixed the IRVM reverse cam for the Ford Ecosport we got (From Ford Calicut) last month. Have not noticed a battery drain issue.

Agree it is quite expensive.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 09:02   #366
BHPian

Went to the dealer service centre yesterday for an unresolved complaint since the date of purchase. A clicking noise comes from the driver side door when driving over slightly rough roads. Two free services have gone by and the service people kept telling me they needed time to work on this issue exclusively. So I checked in the car exclusively for that yesterday. This time they said they have worked on the door settings and should be fine now. Have covered about 60KM after that but on smooth 6 lane national highway. So, can't really say if the issue has been resolved or not. Another 2-3days of monitoring is needed I think!!
Old 15th April 2016, 17:28   #367
BHPian

Hi New Figo Owners,

Has anyone fitted below accessories specially on Oxford White One ?
I would like to go for it and want to see how does it look in real world ?
Please post pictures if you have these already

Roof Rails
Body Side Protection Moulding (Black)

For reference see below URL: http://www.india.ford.com/cars/newfi...ories/exterior
Old 15th April 2016, 19:55   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilpat View Post
Please post pictures if you have these already..
Roof Rails
Body Side Protection Moulding (Black)..
TBHPian 'Speedshift' has a silver Figo (Silver is closest to White among all available colours) with the body side protection moulding. He's posted a picture on this thread as well (page 20 I think)
Old 18th April 2016, 13:35   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
TBHPian 'Speedshift' has a silver Figo (Silver is closest to White among all available colours) with the body side protection moulding. He's posted a picture on this thread as well (page 20 I think)
Thanks @espraveen; Yes just had it look at post by Speedshift -->http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...review-20.html

and not only it is in sync but also complimenting silver car. Will go for it by this month-end
Old 22nd April 2016, 10:05   #370
Team-BHP Support

Was trying to think of the reasons why the new Figo twins couldn't make an impression in the Indian market. Looks like it is not as well received compared to the outgoing model and sales have dropped from those levels. Ford also seems to have lost interest prematurely with them publicly announcing production cuts at the factory etc, thanks to the low sales of the Figo twins.

But why? I mean- it had everything better than the older version and was certainly at par with the competition. I personally can't figure out what exactly went wrong for Ford here.
Old 22nd April 2016, 10:16   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Was trying to think of the reasons why the new Figo twins couldn't make an impression in the Indian market. Looks like it is not as well received compared to the outgoing model and sales have dropped from those levels. Ford also seems to have lost interest prematurely with them publicly announcing production cuts at the factory etc, thanks to the low sales of the Figo twins.

But why? I mean- it had everything better than the older version and was certainly at par with the competition. I personally can't figure out what exactly went wrong for Ford here.
The Figo is indeed a very good car but suffers from heavy cost cutting. The ol gen Figo had good solid build. If they could have maintained the same level it could have been one of the best selling hatch in the market.
On top of that the lethargic approach by Ford to promote the product is what i feel the biggest cause. This is the same for Fiat, it seems they are very happy earning royalties selling engines.
Old 22nd April 2016, 10:17   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
....it had everything better than the older version and was certainly at par with the competition. I personally can't figure out what exactly went wrong for Ford here.
Even I am surprised at the same facts, being an ex Fiesta 1.6 owner and owning a present Figo petrol. I also see a post in the forum about a notification from the Ford HO to stop promoting Figo and Aspire until further notice. There seems to be a glitch (air-bags, fuel cut off etc.) somewhere. If we are not lucky, every car that's on the road could be recalled for a correction. We still do not know if it's a specific batch issue or the entire lot till date.

I am very happy with the overall design, comfort, feel of the new Figo (Petrol).
I am very UNHAPPY with the fuel consumption part. The max I got so far is 10.5 kmpl which is way below any other car in this segment. Fiesta used to give me 13 in city and 15 on highway (in spite of being a 1.6 engine). It has now crossed 1800 kms and ready to go for the 1st service within 10 days. Eagerly waiting
Old 22nd April 2016, 11:08   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Was trying to think of the reasons why the new Figo twins couldn't make an impression in the Indian market.

Absolutely! The same question baffles me a lot being an owner of 2015 Figo TDCi.

It ticks most of the boxes
  • Loaded with safety features
  • Spacious
  • Good looks
  • As well built as the competition; even if it is a common perception here, that it is a downgrade from old gen Figo but it is not competing with the old gen now, is it? With the current competition it is surely at par.
  • Most importantly has a gem of an engine which plasters a smile on your face each time you find an empty stretch of road. (talking about 1.5D obviously)
  • Drivability in city even in maddening bumper to bumper traffic
  • Cheaper or at par with competition
One thing that it lacks is a touchscreen infotainment system. Can it be a deciding factor though, I don't know?

On top of that, the service costs from Ford are also reduced (shared the approx. servicing costs for new gen Figo some months ago, which was put up as a big hoarding in the SC)

This looks like a perfect case study as to how good engineering, though important, does not guarantee a success for the product. It all boils down to sales and marketing!

Talking about sales experience, it was pretty smooth and clear here in Pune.
Old 22nd April 2016, 11:11   #374
BHPian

Quote:

Possible reasons that I could think of are -

1.Pathetic petrol engine. (with a comeback of petrols its important ford introduced something crackling than its lacklustre ti-vct)

2.Weaker build quality - its still better than all its rivals but its not to ford standards for which the ford enthusiasts stuck to the brand.

3.loss of the ford magic in the handling department - again its the best in the competition but not like a ford should be.

4.inadequate 175 section 14 inch tyres and ford's reluctance to allow installation of 15 inch wider rubber without affecting warranty.

5.Lack of flamboyant features that its rivals have as standard on top spec cars like, reverse parking sensors, reversing camera, push button start stop, keyless entry, etc.

6.Lack of features that a car launched in 2015 should have to impress the average indian buyer & that is expected to be available on the new gen swift and grand i10, which it is expected to rival across its shelf lifespan. Features including - touchscreen infotainment system with navigation, LEDs or DRLs.

7.Lack of the all important premium feel - small tyres, small alloys making it look like its on its toes as compared to say the swift. Even though a bigger car in actuality it doesn't look like it. Panel gaps, seat touching centre console on being pushed forward, small information cluster, slightly cramped footwell, moving plastics on power window operation,etc. Rob the car of a premium feel that the grand i10 & swift somehow manage to deliver better.

8.Perception of the average indian buyer that ford holds lower customer satisfaction than its rivals, which is true, source: http://india.jdpower.com/press-relea...x-dswami-study

9.Low resale value - though I wouldnt consider it a deterrent too much because the ford costs cheaper making it similar in average 5 year ownership costs and it would almost make up for the difference by delivering a lot more as a car.

10.Launch of the Baleno - Now I guess everyone including ford has ignored this but the Baleno costs only 50k more and the average indian buyer will go after the more flamboyant hatch because its more spacious, more fuel efficient and its a maruti.

But that said, I would personally shove all of these points in a bag because of one reason - 1.5 litre TDCI

I hope Ford doesn't take it off market or ruin any of its fun till the emi of my swift ends next year.
The AG 6167 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 11:14   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Absolutely! The same question baffles me a lot being an owner of 2015 Figo TDCi.
I think it's poor marketing efforts by Ford. New dashboard, amazing engine, great looks, it has everything in it's favour! To be honest even I wasnt aware of the USP before I went through reviews and compared the specs. Plus, I guess the experience at showroom is kind of dull. I did receive calls after the test drive, but still I liked the ambience at Nexa, MSIL, Mahindra more.

And they should offer ABS in lower variants.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks