Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2016, 21:46   #736
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
Can anyone share a link to the ownership review of the Ford Figo petrol. I am getting very detailed reviews of the diesel one(which no doubt is the better car) but nothing for the petrol.
Yes, the petrol Figo review is hard to find, but BHPians Samaspire & skanchan95 have an Petrol Aspire & Petrol Figo Respectively since last 1 year. They can give inputs on that front. I suggest you to PM them & get the opinion.

Here is the ownership report of Figo Petrol by BHPian skanchan95

Link

Last edited by CarguyNish : 6th November 2016 at 21:53.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2016, 21:54   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone share a link to the ownership review of the Ford Figo petrol. I am getting very detailed reviews of the diesel one(which no doubt is the better car) but nothing for the petrol.
Need a detailed review to choose between the swift/brio and figo. The Figo looks fresh amongst the three, but not sure on the performance/mileage/driveability of the petrol unit.
There are no specific reviews for Figo petrol unit, but you can find mention of it in the Aspire official review with a section on its performance. Since its the same engine, it applies to Figo petrol too.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...al-review.html (Ford Aspire : Official Review)
jphukan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2016, 22:29   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Need a detailed review to choose between the swift/brio and figo. The Figo looks fresh amongst the three, but not sure on the performance/mileage/driveability of the petrol unit.
Are you looking at the 1.2 or the 1.5 DCT? I purchased the Figo DCT in August and so far have done approx 4500 kms and quite happy living with it till now. I apologize about not having done any detailed review on TBHP purely because of lack of time (and also the extremely tedious method of uploading pictures in TBHP posts) but if you have specific question I'll gladly be able to answer them.

To start with I can safely say that the Figo (petrol or diesel) is far better built a car and has a better balance of ride quality, handling, and maintenance costs than the Swift or Brio. My personal yet unbiased and honest opinion.
haldar_siliguri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2016, 23:27   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri View Post
To start with I can safely say that the Figo (petrol or diesel) is far better built a car and has a better balance of ride quality, handling, and maintenance costs than the Swift or Brio. My personal yet unbiased and honest opinion.
I own a Swift petrol and my parents have a Figo 1.2 petrol, so have driven both. But I would say Swift rides and handles just as good as Figo, if not better. Would not comment on maintenance costs as both cars are pretty new. However Swift petrol is extremely agile, gears slot well and one can really enjoy it both on the arrow straight roads as well as ghats. Figo on the other hand, is for very sedate driving, can hold high speeds but takes time and effort to reach there and is a pain in the ghats and while overtaking.
jphukan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 13:23   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri View Post
Are you looking at the 1.2 or the 1.5 DCT?
I am looking at the 1.2 manual one.

Thank you all for the Aspire threads. It helped to get a vibe, would have preferred a Figo petrol 1.2 review though, even though they have the same engine on-road manners may not be the same.(case in point Dzire and Swift)

Would check if I can get a test ride. Thanks all.
Old 7th November 2016, 14:54   #741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphukan View Post
However Swift petrol is extremely agile, gears slot well and one can really enjoy it both on the arrow straight roads as well as ghats. Figo on the other hand, is for very sedate driving, can hold high speeds but takes time and effort to reach there and is a pain in the ghats and while overtaking.
Not all true as far as my Aspire is concerned.
It is also very agile, gears slot well and I love driving it through the ghats. If you work the gears properly it can get to high speeds in no time, and can overtake easily on the ghats - but you will lose out on mileage (which may not be the case with Swift). With sedate driving, you will get very good mileage.

- Sam
Old 7th November 2016, 15:30   #742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thank you all for the Aspire threads. It helped to get a vibe, would have preferred a Figo petrol 1.2 review though, even though they have the same engine on-road manners may not be the same.(case in point Dzire and Swift)

I just test drove the 1.2 Petrol Figo on Saturday. The 1.2 Petrol is very refined unit and it keeps the cabin very very quite. Even the AC is very good on it. Overall a good car.
The only thing I found lacking was the power delivery. Test driven with 4 on board and AC, when I pressed it hard, it wasn't accelerating the way I expected it to.
It is perfect for sedate driving.
Old 7th November 2016, 19:06   #743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I own a Figo 1.2 Titanium+ and I have compiled my ownership report here on team-bhp:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-titanium.html

It is better to take a TD to see how the car behaves.
skanchan95 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 08:47   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphukan View Post
I own a Swift petrol and my parents have a Figo 1.2 petrol, so have driven both. But I would say Swift rides and handles just as good as Figo, if not better. Would not comment on maintenance costs as both cars are pretty new. However Swift petrol is extremely agile, gears slot well and one can really enjoy it both on the arrow straight roads as well as ghats. Figo on the other hand, is for very sedate driving, can hold high speeds but takes time and effort to reach there and is a pain in the ghats and while overtaking.
I agree with you the Swift is a very agile car and rides very well too. However the 1.5 DCT Figo has much more power on tap than the 1.2 Figo and it is for me, a breeze to drive in the ghats. The gearbox shifts are funny in D I agree, but if you slot it in S and do it yourself, the 110 horses really come alive, even though the engine starts screaming a bit too early for me especially in gears 1 and 2.

The best part about the 1.5 IMO is that it does in gear accelerations quite well than most of the competition, particularly between 80-120kph. And the car feels extremely planted at high speeds, even while taking the ghat curves that most other hatchbacks and SUVs seem to slow down for.
haldar_siliguri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2016, 11:29   #745
BHPian

I bought a White Titanium Figo Diesel, this Dhanteras, i.e 28th Oct, 2016.
The car is still in its run in period with 1700 km on the odo.
Avg- 21.5 km/l.

Would be glad if anyone could answer these questions,
1. Does the 'ECONO' or Economy mode only show a shift up indicator? There have been times when the car has made me believe that this mode alters with my throttle input as well? Is this true?
2. I have the Titanium Diesel and it has the Perimeter alarm. I am unable to figure out how that works. Please shed some light.

P.S. - This is my first ever post on this forum. I couldn't be any happier and thankful to the moderators for providing me with the membership. Thanks a ton!
bhphog is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2016, 14:08   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
I bought a White Titanium Figo Diesel, this Dhanteras, i.e 28th Oct, 2016.....
1. Does the 'ECONO' or Economy mode only show a shift up indicator? There have been times when the car has made me believe that this mode alters with my throttle input as well? Is this true?
2. I have the Titanium Diesel and it has the Perimeter alarm. I am unable to figure out how that works. Please shed some light....
Congratulations!!!

I have the White Figo TDCi Titanium as well

Yes! the 'Econo' mode shows only the 'up-shift' indicator!
And, like you've observed, I have also seen the upshift indicator adjust according to the throttle inputs (ECU adjusting to our driving styles I guess), but the differences are quite subtle in my opinion.

With respect to the perimeter alarm, even I have doubts about its practical use. I am planning to request for a demonstration of it during my next service centre visit!!

Wish you loads of happy miles!
espraveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2016, 14:52   #747
BHPian

Quote:

Would be glad if anyone could answer these questions,

P.S. - This is my first ever post on this forum. I couldn't be any happier and thankful to the moderators for providing me with the membership. Thanks a ton!
I don't think the upshift indicator/ economy mode does anything to the throttle response. All it does is to tell you to upshift at a specific rpm, can't exactly remember but it's around 1400 or 1500 rpm.
Old 12th November 2016, 15:00   #748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2. I have the Titanium Diesel and it has the Perimeter alarm. I am unable to figure out how that works. Please shed some light.
Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
With respect to the perimeter alarm, even I have doubts about its practical use. I am planning to request for a demonstration of it during my next service centre visit!!
Congrats to us! Even my white Figo Titanium diesel came home last week.

About the perimeter alarm, if we central lock and someone opens the door lock from inside, say by breaking the glass (or for checking purpose, let someone stay inside or keep the windows open), the car honks intermitently. And if the engine is started somehow, the car honks continuously after some 1 min. This is what my SA told. The former I have checked but not the later.
thoma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2016, 17:10   #749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats and wish you many happy & safe miles with your Figo.

The Economy mode only activates the gear up shift indicator to maximize fuel economy. As far as I know and having noticed the same in my Figo so far, it has no effect on the throttle input.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 12th November 2016 at 17:11.
Old 12th November 2016, 22:00   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
I don't think the upshift indicator/ economy mode does anything to the throttle response. All it does is to tell you to upshift at a specific rpm, can't exactly remember but it's around 1400 or 1500 rpm.
Thanks for the clarification.
True. The exact rpm at which the car tells one to upshift is non variable as well, what I mean to say is the upshift indicator isn't adaptive of one's driving style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Congrats to us! Even my white Figo Titanium diesel came home last week.
Congratulations.
How is the run-in of the engine going on? I have been following the recommendations of Team-BHP for the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
About the perimeter alarm, if we central lock and someone opens the door lock from inside, say by breaking the glass (or for checking purpose, let someone stay inside or keep the windows open), the car honks intermitently. And if the engine is started somehow, the car honks continuously after some 1 min. This is what my SA told. The former I have checked but not the later.
Thanks for the info.
The first part about the opening of door from inside is what I figured of the perimeter alarm myself. Don't know about the second.

I was expecting this perimeter alarm to be an actual "PERIMETER" alarm like sounding the alarm if and when the car detects a person or some activity in its perimeter. That would have been awesome, Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Congrats and wish you many happy & safe miles with your Figo.

The Economy mode only activates the gear up shift indicator to maximise fuel economy. As far as I know and having noticed the same in my Figo so far, it has no effect on the throttle input.
Thanks.
Yes, I figured the same thing as well.
How many km's has your car done?
bhphog is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks