Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2017, 15:56   #1066
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Spotted this Figo facelift at a Pune dealership. These cars had come for ARAI testing / certification. Only the headlights and bumper appear to be different. The rest of the car and even the interiors looked the same.
Did you happen to see the new Ford Endeavour facelift along with this?
My friend here in Bangalore caught both of them while waiting in torrential rain here near a toll booth. Both were camouflaged.

I am waiting for the facelifted Endy, hence the question.
Old 21st October 2017, 16:31   #1067
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
I got my first paid service done recently at 19840 kms. Engine oil, oil filter, air filter and ac filters were changed. I also got wheel balancing and alignment done. My LHS ORVM back cover had a huge scratch so got that painted. The SA informed me that a minor clunking noise could be heard when they tested the car over bad roads. I was not aware of any such noise as i mostly drive on good roads so went on a test drive with the SA. The noise although minor was clearly audible on pothole riddled roads while the car ran normally on well paved roads. Anyways, the service center wrongly diagnosed the sway bar bushing to be at fault which I had to pay for. The problem still persisted and after a few more hours hours of checking bushings, tie-rods and joints ultimately my LHS strut was found to be at fault and replaced under warranty. The service took 9 hours and set me back 6300 including alignment and around 400 for sway bar bushing and 500 for the ORVM painting.
Thanks for your input & providing details about your cars service, my Figo too got serviced (3rd) recently & here's the report;

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4291213
Old 24th October 2017, 18:09   #1068
BHPian

Hi there. My 2015 ford figo 1.5 TDCi trend had started showing the airbag warning lamp. The airbag light doesnt go off. Anybody can tell me what can be the reason ?
Thanks in advance.
shourya_lahiri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 18:15   #1069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shourya_lahiri View Post
Hi there. My 2015 ford figo 1.5 TDCi trend had started showing the airbag warning lamp. The airbag light doesnt go off. Anybody can tell me what can be the reason ?
First thing that comes to mind if there are any after market accessories is a blown fuse. If not it could be a damaged wire causing the light to come on. Take it to the service center at the earliest and get it checked!
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 18:25   #1070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
First thing that comes to mind if there are any after market accessories is a blown fuse. If not it could be a damaged wire causing the light to come on. Take it to the service center at the earliest and get it checked!
Absolutely zero aftermarket accessories. Is there a chance the battery had gone weak?
Old 24th October 2017, 18:30   #1071
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks in advance.
With the airbag in question, I would head straight to Ford ASC and get a diagnostic scan done. This shall point out the broad areas to check and sort accordingly.

A weak battery should not result in this error.

Regards,
Saket.
Old 24th October 2017, 18:44   #1072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely zero aftermarket accessories. Is there a chance the battery had gone weak?
Not ideally a weak battery. It should increase the cranking time but it should not pop up an airbag error symbol. Head to the ASC at the earliest and get a scan done. It will point out the issue!
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 19:00   #1073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
With the airbag in question, I would head straight to Ford ASC and get a diagnostic scan done. This shall point out the broad areas to check and sort accordingly.

Regards,
Saket.
Definitely. The first thing I’ll do tomorrow.

Quote:
Not ideally a weak battery. It should increase the cranking time but it should not pop up an airbag error symbol. Head to the ASC at the earliest and get a scan done. It will point out the issue!
Thats what I’ll do first thing tomorrow. But the car is fairly new. Wonder why such troubles are popping up. And i have so mich fun driving it that i am like bound to take care of it

Last edited by GTO : 24th October 2017 at 23:08. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 25th October 2017, 09:43   #1074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks in advance.
Quite possible that it could be a rat bite. Some wire could be shorting somewhere or the airbag wire has gotten disconnected somehow. Go to Ford right now
Old 25th October 2017, 13:06   #1075
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:

Regards,
Saket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Quite possible that it could be a rat bite. Some wire could be shorting somewhere or the airbag wire has gotten disconnected somehow. Go to Ford right now

Guys just bck from the FASS. The restraint control module has developed a fault. Why, how, still too early to comment. Will keep updating.
Regards
shourya_lahiri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 14:25   #1076
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys just bck from the FASS. The restraint control module has developed a fault. Why, how, still too early to comment. Will keep updating.
Regards
The diagnostic scan must have thrown the error code and possible causes. Do you have any details of it?
Old 25th October 2017, 16:02   #1077
BHPian

Hi, I saw on Quora that folks are asking ways to increase gc of aspire, and even a cousin said that with 4 adults onboard the car scraps big bumps. Does Figo also face similar issues?
Old 25th October 2017, 18:00   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Hi, I saw on Quora that folks are asking ways to increase gc of aspire, and even a cousin said that with 4 adults onboard the car scraps big bumps. Does Figo also face similar issues?
I have driven my Figo 20k kms, some of them on very bad pothole riddled roads and never once has the car scraped even with 5 on board. Although the suspension is on the softer side yet 174mm GC is more than adequate. I have however scraped the flexible rubber lining that's attached below the front bumper on a couple of occasions while descending on steep declines.
Old 25th October 2017, 18:01   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
The diagnostic scan must have thrown the error code and possible causes. Do you have any details of it?
They came up with this after the diagnostic scan itself. That the module has a fault. As per them, the will go step by step with the troubleshooting over ‘hotline’ with their head office. Since the car is in warranty.
Since then I did not get any update. Probably by tomorrow will get a heads up.
shourya_lahiri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 19:45   #1080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since then I did not get any update. Probably by tomorrow will get a heads up.
There were issues with the earlier batch of Figo/Aspires with the restraint control module for air bags. This could be a case of that as well. There was a recall sometime ago for this too. Not sure if you checked your VIN to see if you fall in the recall category.

Most Viewed