Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2019, 21:21   #1291
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
I am running just the Figo S springs and 15" alloy set up and can feel a good difference compared to the stock Figo setup.
Thank you for this. I'm definitely going to get the Figo S springs for my car. The 30k service will be due next month and I'll get it done then, along with the honeycomb grill.

I'm on 15" tires but the suspension is still too soft for my liking.
Old 15th April 2019, 22:39   #1292
BHPian

Quote:
I had posted the details in an earlier post here (Ford Figo : Official Review). It is indeed a direct fit and there is a good difference in running this set up. I am running just the Figo S springs and 15" alloy set up and can feel a good difference compared to the stock Figo setup.
Probably why my car the rear is stiffer. Compared to the figo s setup ie.running the same as the normal figo in the rear rides better than my figo. I was thinking of getting the anti roll bar too, but since there is barely any bodyroll i might just skip it. How much stiffer would you say the springs and dampers are compared to the normal figo?
Old 16th April 2019, 21:43   #1293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Thanks for sharing - does this also mean that Freestyle can have the same modifications and be brought close to what the Figo S was? My mind says it can be - still checking in case anyone has moved in this direction.
As per the part number, it looks like the Figo S parts are similar to Freestyle or rather vice versa. Not too sure on this though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
Thank you for this. I'm definitely going to get the Figo S springs for my car. The 30k service will be due next month and I'll get it done then, along with the honeycomb grill. I'm on 15" tires but the suspension is still too soft for my liking.
This was exactly the reason why i changed the springs on my car. The suspension was too soft and body roll was also higher compared to the current set up with the Figo S springs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTROD View Post
How much stiffer would you say the springs and dampers are compared to the normal figo?
I have just changed the springs and not the struts yet. More than stiffness I would say that the car is very good at isolating bad roads and not shaking the entire cabin now. Earlier, on stock springs, if the front left entered a pot hole, I could feel it very much on the driver side as well. Now it stays isolated to the front left only and I can hardly feel the pot hole on the driver side. Same feedback from the passengers in the front as well as the back seat. Braking is better as well since the nose dive has also reduced. Since I am on 15" alloys, the GC has remained almost the same and though the springs are changed, there is not much lowering in the car that is seen. With the struts also replaced on my friends car (front only), it is certainly lowered compared to my car (his feedback). I have not yet got to drive his car but he is mighty impressed with the car. Going over bad or bumpy roads actually feels better on this set up compared to stock set up mainly due to the isolation of the bumpiness to a certain side which is going over the bad portion of the road. Hope this helps.
abhinav.s is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 22:31   #1294
BHPian

Quote:
As per the part number, it looks like the Figo S parts are similar to Freestyle or rather vice versa. Not too sure on this though!

This was exactly the reason why i changed the springs on my car. The suspension was too soft and body roll was also higher compared to the current set up with the Figo S springs.

I have just changed the springs and not the struts yet. More than stiffness I would say that the car is very good at isolating bad roads and not shaking the entire cabin now. Earlier, on stock springs, if the front left entered a pot hole, I could feel it very much on the driver side as well. Now it stays isolated to the front left only and I can hardly feel the pot hole on the driver side. Same feedback from the passengers in the front as well as the back seat. Braking is better as well since the nose dive has also reduced. Since I am on 15" alloys, the GC has remained almost the same and though the springs are changed, there is not much lowering in the car that is seen. With the struts also replaced on my friends car (front only), it is certainly lowered compared to my car (his feedback). I have not yet got to drive his car but he is mighty impressed with the car. Going over bad or bumpy roads actually feels better on this set up compared to stock set up mainly due to the isolation of the bumpiness to a certain side which is going over the bad portion of the road. Hope this helps.
Certainly this seems to be more user friendly. Mine is completely opposite. You are aware of the road surface very much. Eibachs are designed in a different way compared with the OE springs I guess. There is no nose dive. The car always stays as flat as it can. Yes the shocks do travel inside the car but it might sound crazy but doing 160/170 car stays flat. I guess we cant have both
HOTROD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 15:49   #1295
BHPian

Has anybody ventured to replace the transmission oil? Ford claims it lasts a lifetime!
Old 25th April 2019, 16:13   #1296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Has anybody ventured to replace the transmission oil? Ford claims it lasts a lifetime!
I guess if the manufacturer has mentioned that there is no need to replace the transmission oil, it need not be tried. I remember back in 2010, Chevy Spark also came with a transmission oil that lasts a lifetime. So it is possible that the oil can take the abuse thrown it!
Old 13th May 2019, 10:48   #1297
BHPian

Requesting guidance:

The low beam filament on the left side of our Figo has fused out.
I have purchased a set of Osram Laser Night Breaker Blisters and when I tried to fit them, I found that the H4 connector to the bulb to be very very difficult to pull out.
I tried with as much force I thought should be reasonable but the connector just does not come out. Also doesn't help that the connector has extremely sharp edges and I've bruised my fingers trying so hard. I'm not sure I should be applying more force in case I break something.
I referred to the manual and it just says disconnect the connector.
Ford Figo : Official Review-ford_figo_buld_removal.png

I assume when they say disconnect the connector, they mean to just pull it out? I'm not aware of any other ways to disconnect a H4 connector! Thats how it has been on my motorcycle and I've done that many times. But here it doesn't come out at all.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? How do I get the connector out? I'd be very happy if someone can give some advice. Any help anyone?

I don't want to take the car to a service center for something so trivial.
The nearest Ford service center is quite far from my place.
Old 13th May 2019, 11:51   #1298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijitkanrar View Post
Requesting guidance:

The low beam filament on the left side of our Figo has fused out.
I have purchased a set of Osram Laser Night Breaker Blisters and when I tried to fit them, I found that the H4 connector to the bulb to be very very difficult to pull out.
Yes, it is a bit difficult to pull out, but that is the right way. You will need to apply some extra force and be careful not to snap the thin wires to the connector.
If you have some WD40, apply a bit and try. It will eventually come free.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 12:42   #1299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Yes, it is a bit difficult to pull out, but that is the right way. You will need to apply some extra force and be careful not to snap the thin wires to the connector.
If you have some WD40, apply a bit and try. It will eventually come free.
Thanks tharian! Glad to know I'm not doing anything wrong.
Yes the wires of the connector are my worry too. One of the reasons I'm not applying too much force. I tried to wiggle it free but no use at all.

I have WD40 with me. Will try to use it. Hopefully WD40 will not damage the rubber dust cover? I have a long nozzle so I can spray it precisely to avoid other parts but not precise enough to avoid the dust cover.
Old 13th May 2019, 13:42   #1300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijitkanrar View Post
Thanks tharian! Glad to know I'm not doing anything wrong.
Yes the wires of the connector are my worry too. One of the reasons I'm not applying too much force. I tried to wiggle it free but no use at all.

I have WD40 with me. Will try to use it. Hopefully WD40 will not damage the rubber dust cover? I have a long nozzle so I can spray it precisely to avoid other parts but not precise enough to avoid the dust cover.
It won't damage the dust cover. Apply a bit at the socket joint and leave it for a while before trying.
Old 28th May 2019, 02:22   #1301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Afaik, the transmission fluid is replaced when you go for a clutch replacement. So on an average, you'll go 70-80k kms before getting the clutch changed (and fluid replaced). My EcoSports trans fluid was changed with the clutch at 30k kms under warranty.
Old 1st June 2019, 11:25   #1302
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I beg your pardon, in case the answer to my question already exists somewhere in the forum, as I could not find one.

A friend of mine has just booked the Figo Petrol (not going for the Diesel for some reasons even though he would have loved to) in Coimbatore. However, he is a little concerned about the real world mileage of the car. Though the Sales guy claims 15 kmpl for the new dragon series 3 cylinder 1.2L engine as against the outgoing 4 cylinder 1.2 L one's 12 kmpl in the city.

If anyone owns one here, let me know the mileage that you are getting in the city and on the highway. Thanks in anticipation.
Old 29th June 2019, 11:55   #1303
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello,

Anyone running 195/60 R15 tyres on their Figo ?
Old 29th June 2019, 18:23   #1304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinmoy_s View Post
Hi Guys,
I beg your pardon, in case the answer to my question already exists somewhere in the forum, as I could not find one.

A friend of mine has just booked the Figo Petrol (not going for the Diesel for some reasons even though he would have loved to) in Coimbatore. However, he is a little concerned about the real world mileage of the car. Though the Sales guy claims 15 kmpl for the new dragon series 3 cylinder 1.2L engine as against the outgoing 4 cylinder 1.2 L one's 12 kmpl in the city.

If anyone owns one here, let me know the mileage that you are getting in the city and on the highway. Thanks in anticipation.
Real world mileage hovers between 11.5 to 13 kmpl within city
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2019, 09:56   #1305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Hello,

Anyone running 195/60 R15 tyres on their Figo ?
AbhinavS does on his Figo. Not sure his side profile is 55 or 60.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post4610233 (Wheel Alignment & Balancing)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks