Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2019, 12:34   #1351
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
I am considering to purchase a Figo Titanium 1.2 Petrol but I have a query which the SAs could not answer satisfactorily today.

We tried the built in GPS navigation on it today, even though the directions were all correct but there was no sound in the navigation system for turn by turn directions.

My question is, was the voice navigation turned off? Or is the feature absent?

Because if it is absent, then we might as well never use it since it would require the driver to take their eyes off the road to check the directions.
audio most probably was muted. I have a freestyle which uses the same system and voice navigation is present.
hgps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 12:50   #1352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgps View Post
audio most probably was muted. I have a freestyle which uses the same system and voice navigation is present.
Thanks for your response.

I went to a different showroom yesterday and verified it myself. The SA with whom I spent over 2.5 hrs with on Saturday seems really incompetent.

I had even sent her this video to check and confirm if the voice navigation feature exists.

Still she kept confusing it with Voice Command and told me it was not present.
antz.bin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 13:24   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakumarkp View Post
Got my Figo 1.5D serviced over the weekend for the 30k KM's service. Other than the planned replacements like oil filter, fuel filter etc, my front brake pads, air filter, ac filter, engine mount replaced and wheel alignment/balancing was done.
Engine mount was replaced since there was excessive vibrations observed on steering and in general.

After engine mount replacement, gaadi is very very smooth. Hadn't realised the extend of the vibrations. Happy now.
Service done at Dhone Ford Manjari, Pune.
What was the exact amount for the mounts? All of them were changed or only one? Please share the bill if you can.
Even I am facing extra vibrations in my 1.5 aspire. I have documented the problem in the official review thread. The vibration causes the bonnet to shake and produce a humming kind of sound from the latch assembly. Also I can feel fine vibrations from the pedals as if a disc horn is attached at the other end of the pedals and can see the orvm shake a bit. Very annoying thing to experience in a 23k kms run car.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 23rd September 2019 at 13:25.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 13:51   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Can you please share the parts pricing break up?

Mainly how much was those engine mounting & brake pads?

By the way, 30k KM's feels little too early for both unless you are a really agressive driver & car saw a lot of broken roads I guess.
Breakpads - I was not surprised a lot. Bad roads + quite a bit of stop nd go traffic in my daily route might be the reason I think.
Engine mount - really surprised. I suspect that it's an issue with the part. Since, I have had issues with vibration for a while( from around 15-20k.. was not that excessive back then. )
Breakpads and labour cost around Rs 1600.
Engine mount was estimated to be around 3.5k inclusive of labour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
What was the exact amount for the mounts? All of them were changed or only one? Please share the bill if you can.
Even I am facing extra vibrations in my 1.5 aspire. I have documented the problem in the official review thread. The vibration causes the bonnet to shake and produce a humming kind of sound from the latch assembly. Also I can feel fine vibrations from the pedals as if a disc horn is attached at the other end of the pedals and can see the orvm shake a bit. Very annoying thing to experience in a 23k kms run car.
Do check it with a competent service advisor. I had these similar / same symptoms from around 15k KM's I believe.
It was not very profound but enough to be an irritant. Back then the major noise was from the right side headlamp and they re moved and fixed it back then. The sound was back after a while though.
Since they waived off the charges towards engine mount, I didn't pursue the matter further with them.
Engine mount was quouted as around 3.5k by advisor. The bill doesn't reflect the amount, so I don't have the exact figure with me.

The engine mount is a single part in the right side of the engine bay and not a set of some special bolts/nuts as i imagined earlier. Unfotunately i had to give the replaced part to the SA hence dont have a pic of the part.

Last edited by jayakumarkp : 23rd September 2019 at 14:07.
jayakumarkp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 14:04   #1355
Senior - BHPian

Surprising that engine mounts started giving trouble so early. Which year is your car as it may be related to a particular batch.

Thankfully on my 23k run Aspire which is a 2017 model, I haven't felt any excessive vibes, as of now.
tharian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 14:25   #1356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Surprising that engine mounts started giving trouble so early. Which year is your car as it may be related to a particular batch.
May be.
Mine is OCT 2016 make.
jayakumarkp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 15:33   #1357
BHPian

I don't think it's a batch issue since mine is Oct 17 make. Will take it to a bigger service station in some days. Folks at my local service centre say that I should take it to some competent place, since they work in a shared space with Mahindra and they cater to quick services only.
Old 23rd September 2019, 19:21   #1358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakumarkp View Post

The engine mount is a single part in the right side of the engine bay and not a set of some special bolts/nuts as i imagined earlier. Unfotunately i had to give the replaced part to the SA hence dont have a pic of the part.
Sorry, but there are actually 3 separate engine mounts in the Figo. It is not possible to attach the engine to the chassis on a single mount. In some cars, Figo included, there is one combined mount for the engine and transmission, along with two separate mounts only for the engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post

Thankfully on my 23k run Aspire which is a 2017 model, I haven't felt any excessive vibes, as of now.
I had a cracked engine mount, the drivers's side one (left if seen from the hood) at 29xxx kms. (09/16 Figo Tdci Titanium)

I was really furious and had a honest discussion with my Ford ASS, Ford India and after a lot of explaining and discussions, the mount was replaced by Ford India and warranty offered on the part for no cost whatsoever.

Generally, the mounts are comparatively weaker to say, a Skoda. I could be wrong, but thats my observation.
On the last 2 services, I was informed that my transmission mount is in a 'yellow' condition, and would need replacement soon.

Last edited by bhphog : 23rd September 2019 at 19:31.
bhphog is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2019, 00:59   #1359
BHPian

Sorry for the really weird post.

I currently have the stock alloys painted gloss black with 195mm width tyres on my '16 Figo Tdci.
I am looking for a minor change in the overall appeal of the vehicle.

Do you guys think getting the alloys painted white would suit the car?
Any photoshop experts, do help.

Thanks
bhphog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2019, 08:03   #1360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
Sorry for the really weird post.

I currently have the stock alloys painted gloss black with 195mm width tyres on my '16 Figo Tdci.
I am looking for a minor change in the overall appeal of the vehicle.

Do you guys think getting the alloys painted white would suit the car?
Any photoshop experts, do help.

Thanks
Share a photo of your car Mr. Jeetendra
I'll see what I can do.

Last edited by samaspire : 28th September 2019 at 08:06.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 15:08   #1361
BHPian

Hello Guys,

I am planning to install engine guard for my May 2017 Ford figo. Ford have engine under-shield as official accessory for new Aspire Link

When I checked with local SA in Pune, he stated that it can't be installed as there are no mounts present.

Should I try to get in installed from outside with custom mounts or try get engine guard fabricated ?
Old 1st October 2019, 15:29   #1362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who_are_you View Post
I am planning to install engine guard for my May 2017 Ford figo. Ford have engine under-shield as official accessory for new Aspire. When I checked with local SA in Pune, he stated that it can't be installed as there are no mounts present.
It can be fitted. Check with another service center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who_are_you View Post
Should I try to get in installed from outside with custom mounts or try get engine guard fabricated ?
No do not tinker with it if the car is under warranty. Better to get it done by the Ford Service center. Such accessories are not readily available and SA are just too lazy to take an additional job.
Old 1st October 2019, 15:42   #1363
BHPian

Hello All,

I am having a Ford Figo Titanium Petrol (Oxford White colour, 2019 model) variant registered in Electronic City RTO Bangalore South in the month of August 2019. It has run 451 kms only. I am planning to sell this car. Interested bhpians can PM please.

Thanks.
Old 1st October 2019, 15:44   #1364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
Hello All,

I am having a Ford Figo Titanium Petrol (Oxford White colour, 2019 model) variant registered in Electronic City RTO Bangalore South in the month of August 2019. It has run 451 kms only. I am planning to sell this car. Interested bhpians can PM please.

Thanks.
That is really quick. Few people take delivery of new cars with more KMs on the odo

You shall lose a lot of money mate. Any particular reason why you looking to sell the car?
Old 1st October 2019, 15:55   #1365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
That is really quick. Few people take delivery of new cars with more KMs on the odo

You shall lose a lot of money mate. Any particular reason why you looking to sell the car?
Probably this thread of his Won a ford figo (The Car Conundrum : Won a Ford Figo in a competition, keep it or sell it?) might be the reason. There would be no loss for him at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
Hello All,

Thanks.
Best would be to add it in the classifields section along with the details of your thread.

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 1st October 2019 at 15:57.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks