Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2022, 12:37   #1516
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Sounds like a small fan running. Have you upgraded your headlights?
No I'm still on the stock headlights. Turns out it is an issue with a part of the AC called the "Kinematic Gear", I have no experience whatsoever with that, I got it off from a popular Malayalam Vlogger who also has an Aspire diesel (Vandipranthan), he says the SC guys said it's not rare in Aspires and then changed the part under warranty.

This is the video incase you understand Malayalam

Last edited by SaiSW : 23rd April 2022 at 12:42.
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 11:39   #1517
BHPian

Does anyone here clean the car by removing parts? I got both bumpers removed for some work and noticed that a lot of dirt gets accumulated inside.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-img20220513wa0003.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-img20220513wa0001.jpg  

VWAllstar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 12:14   #1518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Does anyone here clean the car by removing parts? I got both bumpers removed for some work and noticed that a lot of dirt gets accumulated inside.
I did this once in the early stages of my ownership. Feels great, but its too much work. Now regular wash also feels tedious.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 22:31   #1519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
I did this once in the early stages of my ownership. Feels great, but its too much work. Now regular wash also feels tedious.
Thats so true with most. Earlier I use to get my cars washed at a dedicated car cleaning center once in 2 weeks. Since last 3 months, its just the basic daily cleaning by the society caretaker.
I got the exposed parts cleaned and what a striking difference it makes. Look at the pics, especially post the ones posted in the earlier post.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-img20220516wa0002.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-img20220516wa0001.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-img20220516wa0000.jpg  

Last edited by VWAllstar : 16th May 2022 at 22:51.
VWAllstar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 16:46   #1520
BHPian

Dolled her up!
Shoes coming soon!
What do you peeps think?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-img20220521232549-1.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-img20220521200519-1.jpg  

bhphog is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 02:52   #1521
BANNED

I did a horn swap in my Figo 1.5 Tdci. I was running Bosch Europas and Roots Megasonics without issues as most of my running was by night. Recently, My long drives have started involving a few hours of day driving too and I noticed the car running hotter. This led me to remove the Europas and Megasonics since they were infront of the intercooler.

After fumbling around with the Hella supertones(which were mounted where the OEM Minda HN09s initially were), I decided to install the Air horns which won't obstruct the air flow.

It was a refreshing DIY (Power Horns!).

The performance had been what I expected them to be. Since they both had different pipe lengths leading to difference in frequencies of output, they sound decent in unison, as opposed to the Hella single pipe sounding by itself, which was like a loud ice cream vendor.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-img_20220529_184715_202.jpg  

COMMUTER is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 10:41   #1522
BHPian

Hi Team,

I hope all clan members are doing well!

I have been running MTS springs on my Figo Tdci 2016, body roll still seems to be a significant issue. The lateral body roll is now contained but the sideway roll isn't.

Looking to get the shocks upgraded.
Looked around but then not sure which performance struts to go for. Suggestions are needed here, team.

Secondly, what parts from the Figo S could be retrofitted to the normal Tdci, to improve handling. (except the struts which are my last option in case I don't find compatible aftermarket performance struts)
I understand the Figo S came with an anti-roll bar. Could someone please help me with the part number?

Lastly, planning to finally upgrade wheels to MOMOs. What size are you guys running? 15" seems to be a on the lower side, how are 16"s doing for you? Also, 6.5J or 7J?

As always, grateful for all of your suggestions. Thanks.
bhphog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 12:17   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
Hi Team,

I hope all clan members are doing well!

I have been running MTS springs on my Figo Tdci 2016, body roll still seems to be a significant issue. The lateral body roll is now contained but the sideway roll isn't.

Looking to get the shocks upgraded.
Looked around but then not sure which performance struts to go for. Suggestions are needed here, team.

Secondly, what parts from the Figo S could be retrofitted to the normal Tdci, to improve handling. (except the struts which are my last option in case I don't find compatible aftermarket performance struts)
I understand the Figo S came with an anti-roll bar. Could someone please help me with the part number?

Lastly, planning to finally upgrade wheels to MOMOs. What size are you guys running? 15" seems to be a on the lower side, how are 16"s doing for you? Also, 6.5J or 7J?

As always, grateful for all of your suggestions. Thanks.
I have Figo S spring installed on my car in Mar 2022. It has made a huge difference. Part ID for all suspension and ARB is there in this thread. To avoid repetition I will be happy to watsapp you(kindly DM me your number). It used to be a see saw on the Noida elevated road but that thing is atleast 80% controlled now.

I was on 195 55 R15 from day 1 until 52k (Mar 2022). I had a hard time finding a good replacement tyre in that size. Moved to R14 and its been much more comfortable now. Even if you are fine with the harsh ride, try to research about how common that tyre size is. I know one does not replace tyres that frequently but its indeed a pain to not find options in the tyre size you want to. I would recommend not to go upto 16 inch.
saurabh041086 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 14:50   #1524
BHPian

Hi all, just an update from my side. My Figo has just hit 95k kms and the original shocks are not behaving well so having them replaced soon. When I switched to 195/60-R15s out of the showroom i was worried about the effect on the suspension but I'm glad I took that risk. Everything's holding up well.

The original clutch oddly seems to be holding up as well considering my driving style. This is not my daily driver but is used 95% on highways which is probably why.

The service experience with Ford has been supreme and has been very cheap to maintain. Was looking to replace this 2 years ago but the lockdown hit and since then, I have been looking for a worthy upgrade upto a 25L stretched budget but can't seem to settle on anything.

So all I can do is keep having fun until that happens
DeadCenter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 10:56   #1525
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Hello everyone,

I am getting this ABS light on the instrument cluster since today morning. It stays on at all times. Has anyone else faced this issue? What's the diagnosis?

Ford Figo : Official Review-20220907_093409.jpg

Also, the outside door handle of my rear right door is not working. The door doesn't open upon pulling the handle. How much does the replacement cost?

I have taken extended warranty for the 6th year and prima facie, it seems that these would be covered within the warranty. If someone is interested, Ford is now offering up to 7 years of ownership for all its relatively newly launched cars. I guess with their departure, extended warranty would help to bring in some revenue for Ford India and more importantly, will ensure that the customers stick to Ford authorised service centres for a fairly long time.
Old 7th September 2022, 12:21   #1526
BHPian

@AYP- it's good that it will be replaced under warranty, but for all others who have a jammed door just spray a good amount of wd40 and it will be good as new. This method was useful for me as well.

(start at 2:30)

No idea about the ABS sensor though.
shikh_oberoi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 15:58   #1527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
I am getting this ABS light on the instrument cluster since today morning.

Also, the outside door handle of my rear right door is not working. The door doesn't open upon pulling the handle. How much does the replacement cost?
May be silly suggestions, but have you tried checking the level of brake oil? Back in the day my M800 used to show the parking light illuminated when the brake oil was low.
Similary, any chance you might have left the child lock on for the rear door?
shipnil is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 20:25   #1528
BHPian

Quick update:

My 2016 Figo 1.5 Tdci just turned 7. She is now over 1.63L kms driven across 15 States and has 6 podium finishes in various AutoCross events.

Various modifications to improve her performance, handling and personality have been done over the years. She now puts out close to 140hp and 350Nm of torque.

As per the last autocross , she is about 4 second slower than a 911 and M2 comp.
Second in <2500cc open category only because I started my runs in that category after 5pm when the track temprature cooled drastically which is not ideal for semi-slicks

She now runs on Lenso' and MRF semi slicks.

Fibre bonnet and boot are next in line.

Will post onboard videos soon!
Cheers!

P.S. - That's not me in the picture ��
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-img_20221030_153941.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-fb_img_1667331226231.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-fb_img_1667331083489.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-img_20221030_161644.jpg  

Last edited by bhphog : 3rd November 2022 at 20:30.
bhphog is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 15:29   #1529
BHPian

I am facing clutch judder issues on my figo 2016 TDCI. It happens only when taking off in first gear in early mornings or when starting after a few hours. The problem does not occur during gear changes. The problem completely goes away after running 4-5 kms and I can take off normally when stuck in traffic. I face this problem everyday when going to work in the morning and again when coming back in the evening. The speed of the car is increasing proportionally to rpm and clutch pedal operation is smooth. Coolant , engine oil and brake oil levels are normal. The car has run 85000 kms. But then my earlier car ran 150000 kms with orignal clutch before I sold it. What could be the issue?
bullrun87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 16:50   #1530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
I am facing clutch judder issues on my figo 2016 TDCI.
Can you describe the exact behaviour you experience? Is it clutch or you are feeling excessive vibrations when taking off from standstill?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks