Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2016, 21:09   #286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Well, she looks like somebody undressed her!

...With the stripes gone now, the only way people will know that it's an Abarth is when you leave behind.

None taken sir! I was a actually looking for an understated look. Initial plan was to get rid of all the red and go full black but I like the look now so I'll stick to this for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Brilliant Suraj, I give a Biiig Thumbs up for this buddy...

...actually lot more of this now.

Thanks mate! More pictures coming up in a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Black is always classy!! (and a PITA to maintain - yours truly is learning it the hard way with a Tuxedo Black Figo )

Nonetheless, awesome steed you got there! Happy revving!

Thank you! I agree with you 100%, black is a super hard colour to maintain. Every small scratch is super visible :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
It looks absolutely gorgeous with the stripes removed !

Thanks sir!
Old 15th January 2016, 21:14   #287
BHPian

Re: Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
Removed the stripes and got the tail lamps slightly smoked.
Awesome ! Looks superb without those cheap decales. Just a personal suggestion, try those red lines on the front and rear bumper same as that of the one FIAT showcased at BIC. I guess it will give a more complete look with more continuity for red on the black.
GT145 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 21:29   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Removed the stripes and got the tail lamps slightly smoked.
Looks awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT145 View Post
Just a personal suggestion, try those red lines on the front and rear bumper same as that of the one FIAT showcased at BIC.
+100 to this suggestion. The car they showcased at BIC had the just right amount of graphics and I personally felt that single red line on the grill is a classy touch.

If I were you, I will lose that red fog light housing also, and will make them black - and to add the contrast, will add that single red line on the grill.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 00:24   #289
BHPian

Hi,

My friend is keen on booking an Abarth Punto. But according to the Fiat website there are no Abarth dealers in Mumbai. What does one have to do to TD or book the Abarth Punto in Mumbai ?

Last edited by ampere : 20th January 2016 at 07:49. Reason: Formatted post;
Old 19th January 2016, 12:01   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Removed the stripes and got the tail lamps slightly smoked. This is how she looks now:
Suraj .. this looks absolutely classic now, with just the amount of red linings to accentuate the contrast!

For folks who like their vehicle plain and simple, this would be good primer to follow.
deepv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 12:29   #291
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Removed the stripes and got the tail lamps slightly smoked. This is how she looks now:
Now this reminds me of 'The car' movie (released in 1970s I guess) where the black car goes on a killing spree and terrorises people.
Seems as though your Black car is telling "WHO'S NEXT?"

I personally would go further and remove those red fog lamp surrounds.
However the Smoking of the tail lamps is not gelling well with IMO. Smoking suits the Grande Punto tail lamps better IMO.
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 12:34   #292
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrariwell View Post
Hi my friend is keen on booking an abarth punto but according to the fiat website there are no abarth dealers in mumbai what does one have to do to TD or book the abarth punto in mumbai ?
In fact there is no Fiat dealer, let alone Abarth, in Mumbai. Your friend will have to travel to Pune just to get a feel of Abarth.
Old 19th January 2016, 12:38   #293
BHPian

The car looks great now without the decals, that's how it should have come out in the first place IMHO. I would love to do the red portions into carbon fiber wrap on the car and it will look more drool.
invincible7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 19:17   #294
Senior - BHPian

Suraj25,

The car looks hot now. Please wrap / paint the remaining red bits (mirror housings and fog lamp surroundings) as well in gloss black / carbon fiber finish.

Moreover, why not clean up the rear and do away with the Punto emblem as well?

Wish there was a way to address that odd tail-pipe end though. Sticks out.

A few inches lower, and she should have an awesome stance!

PS: Agree with hemanth.anand on the tail lamps though. They look better without the smoked effect.
Viju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 23:39   #295
BHPian

Thanks for the complements and suggestions guys!

As I said earlier, I tried to get the red housings wrapped black but failed cause its hard to wrap the housings when attached to the bumper. I need to figure out a way to remove the housings without breaking them

The Punto badge will come out soon. I'm also planning to change the muffler to get a slight exhaust growl so the exhaust tips will be replaced by a twin circular unit(not one on each side) during muffler change. I'm just waiting for some advice on how the sound will change and whether its safe for the engine and turbo.
Suraj25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 07:39   #296
BHPian

Quote:
I'm also planning to change the muffler to get a slight exhaust growl so the exhaust tips will be replaced by a twin circular unit(not one on each side) during muffler change.
Muffler upgrades usually won't effect the performance (even if they do, that would be very teensy). They are all about deadening the sound waves. You can check some dual tipped Magnaflow performance mufflers here.

Note: I'm not related to the company mentioned through link neither am I trying to promote the same. Posted it just to help you choose.

Cheers!
Old 20th January 2016, 09:47   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hey Suraj, got one more request rather than a suggestion buddy:

Ownership Review

I am sure you have at least started planning for one, if not started compiling, but please do if you have not started either
Old 20th January 2016, 19:38   #298
BHPian

Quote:

As I said earlier, I tried to get the red housings wrapped black but failed cause its hard to wrap the housings when attached to the bumper. I need to figure out a way to remove the housings without breaking them

The Punto badge will come out soon. I'm also planning to change the muffler to get a slight exhaust growl so the exhaust tips will be replaced by a twin circular unit(not one on each side) during muffler change. I'm just waiting for some advice on how the sound will change and whether its safe for the engine and turbo.
I suggest you use plasti dip for the red housings. No need to get them removed at all. It will hardly take 30 min for the whole job.
d3mon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 21:55   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
I suggest you use plasti dip for the red housings. No need to get them removed at all. It will hardly take 30 min for the whole job.
+1 to that. Plasti dipping them is a good option. The subtle red strip on the front grill would be a nice statement of it's power.
Old 22nd January 2016, 07:34   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Muffler upgrades usually won't effect the performance (even if they do, that would be very teensy). They are all about deadening the sound waves. You can check some dual tipped Magnaflow performance mufflers here.

These exhausts look amazing but they're just too expensive for me! It'll take me months to save up this kinda money :P
So thought of going to a reputed garage like Raj Hingorani's and getting one from there. These guys do full systems from header-muffler for about 10k so the muffler alone will work out very cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey Suraj, got one more request rather than a suggestion buddy:

Ownership Review

I am sure you have at least started planning for one, if not started compiling, but please do if you have not started either

Never thought of making one buddy, but now you're making me think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
+1 to that. Plasti dipping them is a good option. The subtle red strip on the front grill would be a nice statement of it's power.

Why did I not think of this! I'll try to get my hands on plasti dip as soon as possible. But I don't know for how long it can hold and how easy it is to remove later.

Most Viewed