Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2016, 12:52   #376
YCJ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase_nt View Post
. Having driven my GT TSI all the way to Vijaywada last Sunday to negotiate the discounts offered for the Abarth and having driven my new Abarth back to Visakhapatnam all the way from Vijaywada (390 km highway drive) just 5 days later, i am going to be brutally honest and say that i feel that the GT TSI is a lot better than the Abarth.
I am hearing this for the first time from anyone and I am really surprised to hear that you liked the GT more. Eagerly waiting for your review now to know what exactly do you think is better in the GT.
Old 12th March 2016, 18:04   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCJ View Post
I am hearing this for the first time from anyone and I am really surprised to hear that you liked the GT more. Eagerly waiting for your review now to know what exactly do you think is better in the GT.

Indeed, would be very interested to hear your thoughts on why you think the GT is better as am contemplating the Abarth Punto. Please provide a detailed comparison.
Old 14th March 2016, 19:05   #378
BHPian

Re: Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Indeed, would be very interested to hear your thoughts on why you think the GT is better as am contemplating the Abarth Punto. Please provide a detailed comparison.
I am in the process of compiling my review. It should be on team bhp by next week if not earlier. In the meantime here's a pic of my Abarth

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-201603131571.jpg
chase_nt is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 21:19   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

In the meantime here's a pic of my Abarth
Awesome pick chase_nt and as I have posted earlier, you not only follow your heart, you are one of those few ones who gets to live it

Looking forward for your ownership report, but that picture of your AB gives a very new meaning to the phrase:

In Your Face !!
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 00:14   #380
BHPian

Quote:
I am in the process of compiling my review.
Waiting for it. I'm in UK and won't be home before May so my review is stuck. I have pretty much written mostly what I wanted to share but don't have pics. The one pic that I can share right now is this.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img20160218wa0000.jpg  

firstguri is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 21:18   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
what speakers are provided with the stock Abarth Punto and Avventura. During the TD the fiat guy told me it has harman kardon speakers.
Harmon Kardon? Please. I changed the speakers on day 2 of my ownership. The front door speakers are 6" IC's and the rear door are 5" IC's. Both are some no-name Polish manufacture. And I can tell you this - they are terrible: tinny, with no low-range to speak of.

You will definitely want to change the speakers. Personally, I've changed the front door speakers, also installed sound damping material in the front doors, disconnected the rear door speakers, and installed the rear speakers on the parcel shelf.
Old 19th March 2016, 12:55   #382
YCJ
BHPian

One thing I have noticed in some reviews of the Abarth Punto, the headlights appear to be having white illumination. Are these white bulbs standard or are these available as an accessory?
I asked about this in Fiat Caffe here in Pune but obviously they didn't have any clue about it.
I am seriously considering the Abarth and hence if these are available as an accessory I would be interested.
And one more thing, any idea regarding the launch of the Matte Grey shade showcased at BIC?
Old 20th March 2016, 11:29   #383
BHPian

Abbie's Trip to Goa!

Well, I'm just giving a brief review after driving to Goa and back, with some pics (on the way)

Bad points:
Slight wind noise coming from the left side after 100 kmph
Very faint rattle coming from the driver's side door
Felt that it kind of ran out at steam at very high revs on fifth gear
Very physical to drive (may not be a bad thing)

Good points:
We parked it next to a Jaguar XF on the highway and some people were taking Abbie's pics
12.1 display average, calculated 11, so that's not so bad
Very, very fast (scary) on third, fourth gears
I agree to the 'point and shoot' description in the review
I did not find ergonomics a big issue: could drive for long distances wearing platforms
Converted my SO into an Abbite

More things:
Since my husband is a bit more comfort oriented (city driving), plus he read on a FIAT site that someone put Michelin Primacy 3STs, we put them on but they have surprisingly good grip and competent cornering (although they feel squishy). But we found that the car now (sort-of) has best of both worlds: Quiet, relaxed, plush (almost luxurious) ride for cruising, as well as high speed composure and good cornering grip and lowish roll (although can be much, much better with less squishy tyres). They do cause wheel spin from time to time though especially in second gear (Could be my footwear). The suspension contributes very significantly to the all-round performance.

He was seriously thinking we made a mistake given the small noise issues, and I've never seen his practicality take back-seat, but this time he did not let me drive back ever since we left the hotel in Goa, and I had to steal the key at Kolhapur's Mac dhaba.

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-dsc_0112.jpg  

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-dsc_0290.jpg  

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-dsc_0346.jpg  

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-pic1.jpg  

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-pic2.jpg  

Last edited by .anshuman : 20th March 2016 at 12:23. Reason: See note in the post
nehaagg is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 08:00   #384
Senior - BHPian

I drove the Abarth Punto last week. It was a very short TD on congested roads, so couldn't feel the engine much. I loved the low end torque of the T-Jet though.

And Hyson (the dealer here) got a 2015 black and white Punto in stock. They quoted 10.5 Lakhs OTR even without any haggling. So, a prospective great deal for anyone looking at the car.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 10:47   #385
BHPian

Re: Fiat suspends the production of Abarth Punto, Avventura.

Fiat has temporarily suspended the production of their performance - oriented products, Abarth Punto and Abarth Avventura to increase the production of the upcoming Jeep C - SUV. Production is expected to be continued later.

Source: https://www.rushlane.com/fiat-abarth...-12192926.html.
Old 3rd April 2016, 13:33   #386
Senior - BHPian

Good news. Booked Abarth Punto from Pune. After eagerly reading through the reviews, contacting Fiat at auto expo, and much deliberation due to no dealership in Mumbai it was just one TD that convinced us!!

Deal will get finalised in a week or two as we have also opted to exchange our old Punto. May her legacy continue in Abarth.
blackwasp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 18:24   #387
BHPian

Quote:
So far in the entire state of AP, mine is just the second Abarth that is on the road.
And today I've seen the third one in AP and apparently the first Abarth Punto in Vijayawada. Thought of meeting the guy but he seems to be in a rush and sped away.
Old 11th April 2016, 12:11   #388
YCJ
BHPian

Brought my Hip Hop Black Abarth Punto home on the occasion of Gudi Padwa!
Got it from Kolhapur since the dealer there offered a good deal.
Have covered about 400 kms till now and I have loved every bit of those 400 kms.
Drove it to Pune from Kolhapur immediately after taking delivery.
YCJ is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 12:28   #389
BHPian

Re: Fiat suspends the production of Abarth Punto, Avventura.

Congrats to all the owners. Have lakhs of happy km. You all managed to get it in the pre-budget prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo_GotBhp View Post
Fiat has temporarily suspended the production of their performance - oriented products, Abarth Punto and Abarth Avventura to increase the production of the upcoming Jeep C - SUV. Production is expected to be continued later.

Source: https://www.rushlane.com/fiat-abarth...-12192926.html.
I think the suspension could be due to the fact that there may be a small revision in the feature list, now that it has crossed 10L ex-showroom and they can add a few features without worrying about maintaining a price bracket. The new price is 10.23L Ex-Showroom.

PS Now get that 6 speed M32 or use MS' 6 speed gearbox from S-Cross, will ya? And 6 airbags & ESP please. (Not that I'll be able to afford it though)

Last edited by theredliner : 11th April 2016 at 12:34.
Old 20th April 2016, 19:58   #390
YCJ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitinfinitive;
[*] I also installed a rear camera (managed to get hold of one that comes in the same housing as the rear number plate light – no holes in the bumper!)

I am also planning to get the infotainment system from Virtue.
Can you please provide some details regarding the rear view camera installed by you which fits in the number plate lamp housing?
I could not find it anywhere, hence please guide me in getting it installed in my Abarth as well!
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by SDP : 14th December 2016 at 10:10. Reason: fixed broken quote

Most Viewed