Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2018, 12:39   #646

Re: Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

They will be putting white cars into production today. I know this because I have ordered a white one last week and I am in talks with the FCA India sales head.
My colleague has ordered a black one along with me and his car is ready to be dispatched. They are just waiting for white one to be produced so that both the cars can be despatched together. We have told them to deliver both our cars on the same day.
Turboaddict is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th September 2018, 11:15   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboaddict View Post
They will be putting white cars into production today. I know this because I have ordered a white one last week and I am in talks with the FCA India sales head.
My colleague has ordered a black one along with me and his car is ready to be dispatched. They are just waiting for white one to be produced so that both the cars can be despatched together. We have told them to deliver both our cars on the same day.
Do you mind sharing the on-road cost for the car in Bangalore? You can send me a PM if you don't want to disclose it over the forum.
Old 11th September 2018, 11:50   #648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiXTriX2004 View Post
Do you mind sharing the on-road cost for the car in Bangalore? You can send me a PM if you don't want to disclose it over the forum.
Believe there is a cash discount of close to 70K for the Punto EVo. Not sure on the Abarth though, guessing it would be slightly more.
Old 11th September 2018, 16:27   #649

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiXTriX2004 View Post
Looks like i do not have an option to send you a private message.
Old 9th October 2018, 12:52   #650
BHPian

Is it still worth getting the Abarth. I read some news about FCA pulling the plug on the fiat brand in India. Will maintenance/parts availability be an issue in that case.

Last edited by nirvanaguy19 : 9th October 2018 at 13:04.
Old 13th October 2018, 01:07   #651
Senior - BHPian

Update

At 46,xxx km my car now gets a Pipercross universal air-intake, fitted by N1 Racing. Having driven for nearly 2000km after the installation, I can say that the initial throttle response is sharper now and the car feels more eager on tap. There isn't however, any difference in the way it builds revs and, even though I haven't timed/dynoed it, I don't think there would be any gain in terms of BHP. What's nice though is the induction sound - you can hear a deep growl at half or full throttle inputs (high load conditions), followed by a 'Pssssshhhhh' on lift-off. That sound is quite similar to that of a blow-off valve and it is really addictive!
Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img_20181008_1326331.jpg
Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img_20181008_1326421.jpg

In other news, just got back from a 1,600 km road trip and the car performed flawlessly. Tanked it up 3 times, and it returned 9kpl, 11.2kpl and wait for it, 17kpl! All three were highway runs with the second tank-full having a 50% mix of Goa city traffic. I know many here will frown on seeing the mention of efficiency figures, but it's just for reference
Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img_20181012_212251_hht1.jpg

And did I mention, about the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres that my car is running on? More about them in the relevant thread (Michelin Pilot Sport 4 officially launched in India!).
S2!!! is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 15:25   #652
BANNED

Hello Everyone! This is my first post in Team-BHP. I just bought the Abarth Punto on Oct 10 2018. My God just loved it. Pure analog driving experience this side of Rs 10L. Found the perfect seating position, excellent feelsome gear shifting. I will share my review shortly. Since the car is black I have given it for 3M Paint Protection film (PPF) Venture shield for the full car. Except the bonnet and the side mirrors which is 3M Pro PPF. Will be shortly giving the car to Opticoat for ceramic coating later once this PPF is completed. Excellent dealer experience from KHT Prime Bengaluru. Abarth Punto is still in production but you gotta place your order and then they will prep it.
Wolverine2087 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 17:01   #653
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
At 46,xxx km my car now gets a Pipercross universal air-intake, fitted by N1 Racing.
Nice

Did you not consider their Superchips UK remap ? I believe they have both Stage 1 and Stage 2 for Abarth Punto.
Old 20th October 2018, 17:29   #654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update

At 46,xxx km my car now gets a Pipercross universal air-intake, fitted by N1 Racing.
Sorry if i missed your previous posts, but any other mods done?

And is the pipercross oil based or just foam?

My tjet has a bmc panel and wolf remap done on it. so more news about more mods.

Friend has an Abarth with the same bmc panel but with remap and exhaust done from code6 and my god is that thing a beast
Old 28th October 2018, 16:06   #655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Nice

Did you not consider their Superchips UK remap ? I believe they have both Stage 1 and Stage 2 for Abarth Punto.
Going one step at a time. Next mod in line are either better springs or dampers or both :P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Sorry if i missed your previous posts, but any other mods done?

And is the pipercross oil based or just foam?

My tjet has a bmc panel and wolf remap done on it. so more news about more mods.

Friend has an Abarth with the same bmc panel but with remap and exhaust done from code6 and my god is that thing a beast
Only the filter for now. It is just foam filter.

Happened to do a rolling (in-gear) drag with another Abarth with a Wolf remap and that car really impressed me in the Map 2 setting (on regular fuel). It left the stock car behind by a good 2 car lengths.

However performance isn't the priority right now, handling is...next mod in a few months

Last edited by S2!!! : 28th October 2018 at 16:08.
S2!!! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 16:15   #656
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Going one step at a time. Next mod in line are either better springs or dampers or both :P.

Only the filter for now. It is just foam filter.

Happened to do a rolling (in-gear) drag with another Abarth with a Wolf remap and that car really impressed me in the Map 2 setting (on regular fuel). It left the stock car behind by a good 2 car lengths.

However performance isn't the priority right now, handling is...next mod in a few months
Maybe it is the pictures but I noticed that the air intake is sitting inside the engine bay, is this the stock location?

If not try to get this near the grill for some cooler and denser air.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 16:23   #657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Maybe it is the pictures but I noticed that the air intake is sitting inside the engine bay, is this the stock location?

If not try to get this near the grill for some cooler and denser air.
And yes, it is the stock location.

Near the grill would have been an ideal location, as even as of now, there is a perceptible difference in the way the car performs at night and in the hot afternoons. I'm sure cooler air would make it perform much better, however to change its locations some modifications would be required due to the tight engine bay, hence have left it as is.
Old 28th October 2018, 17:14   #658
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, it being a turbo and I believe it is running a remap so it's worth the effort to figure out a better air intake plumbing. I hope the remap has checks in place to ensure the turbo runs within permissible temp.

I think Fiat has a habit of doing this, the multijet sitting in Ciaz also keeps the air intake inside the engine bay even though there is plenty of wiggle room.
Old 15th November 2018, 08:34   #659
Senior - BHPian

Taken the plunge and booked a black one. Will replace my silver Punto Evo VGT when it gets delivered next week.

Awaiting the black raven. Because, you live only once, and in this world, everything happens for a reason.
sidindica is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 08:54   #660
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Taken the plunge and booked a black one. Will replace my silver Punto Evo VGT when it gets delivered next week.

Awaiting the black raven. Because, you live only once, and in this world, everything happens for a reason.
Congratulations brother. Expecting another mindblowing review of the Black Raven.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 15th November 2018 at 09:23.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks