Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2018, 10:58   #661
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
At 46,xxx km my car now gets a Pipercross universal air-intake, fitted by N1 Racing.
As a past Linea T Jet owner, I can say that anything that helps this engine breathe better can make a day and night difference to the performance of the motor.

The trouble with the set up you have or even stock, is that the stock IC is hopeless. FM Keroo's tests indicate that air temperature is rising after the IC stage!

Is there a way you point the filter down below and near the wheel well? Yes; you 'll end up getting more dust there, access will be difficult but heat intake should be less and there is a gap at the bottom to let cooler air in.
Old 19th November 2018, 11:01   #662
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Taken the plunge and booked a black one. Will replace my silver Punto Evo VGT when it gets delivered next week.

Awaiting the black raven. Because, you live only once, and in this world, everything happens for a reason.
And won't this be your third Punto. From Grande Punto -> Punto Evo -> Abarth Punto.

Congrats!

Are you exchanging the Evo with the dealer? Any good prices were offered?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2018, 15:02   #663
BHPian

This is my first post on this forum! Please pardon if my post isn't fit for this thread.

I have booked a Black Abarth Punto with Landmark Jeep in Gurgaon last month as huge discounts were running at that time. Waiting for the delivery.

However, in the back of my mind, I am a little worried about its GC as most of my driving would be on the highways (NH and SH both) with atleast 4 people and some luggage onboard. I am not sure what the laden GC of Punto Abarth will come down to. Does anyone have any idea on this?

Also, can anyone please confirm if Avventura or UC Abarth is still in production or not? I asked the dealer and they said they have a 2016 UC Abarth available and UC/Avventura Abarth are no more being produced. Is it true?

On a separate note, in worst case if I cancel my booking, are they liable to refund me the complete booking amount as they hinted previously that they won't refund the booking amount if I choose otherwise. I have paid 10k as the booking amount.
Old 21st November 2018, 22:14   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehacker View Post

I have booked a Black Abarth Punto with Landmark Jeep in Gurgaon last month as huge discounts were running at that time. Waiting for the delivery.

Congratulations on booking the beast. I was recently in Goa and a black Abarth overtook my car and within seconds I lost it. It has some power. Haven't driven it but have been glued to all the posts with interest. I am sure GC by itself should not be a deterrent.

I am curious to know the on road price and expected time of drivers. I am unable to send you any personal messages, hence, this post.
Old 21st November 2018, 23:14   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpanda View Post
Congratulations on booking the beast. I was recently in Goa and a black Abarth overtook my car and within seconds I lost it. It has some power. Haven't driven it but have been glued to all the posts with interest. I am sure GC by itself should not be a deterrent.

I am curious to know the on road price and expected time of drivers. I am unable to send you any personal messages, hence, this post.
Thanks. Unladen GC of Punto Abarth is not a big concern to me. Its the laden GC that worries me. I did a pan India trip on my (now sold) Skoda Rapid last year with 5 people and luggage onboard. It had 168mm of GC (Rapid Limited Edition). And I was stressed out during my entire journey as it was scraping big bumps very easily.

I am not sure what the laden GC of a Punto Abarth comes down to. 155mm is unladen GC if I understand correctly. Can anybody please correct me if it is otherwise?

Dealers were (and probably still are) offering discounts of more than a lakh on the ex-showroom price for the Punto/UC/Avventura Abarth.
Old 24th November 2018, 16:56   #666
BHPian

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

Quote:

I am not sure what the laden GC of a Punto Abarth comes down to. 155mm is unladen GC if I understand correctly. Can anybody please correct me if it is otherwise?

The unladen GC of Abarth isn't 155 mm. It's around 165-170 mm. 155 mm is the laden GC.
My Punto evo sports 90 hp sits lower than the stock abarth after putting the eibach lowering springs.
In other words there won't be any GC issues with the Abarth. Don't just go by the numbers. Have a few friends who have the Abarth.

The suspension characteristics, wheelbase also play a huge role in making a car scrape, rather than just the GC.

Last edited by Waspune : 24th November 2018 at 16:57.
Waspune is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2018, 14:20   #667
Senior - BHPian

Car is here and the following things have been added:

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-46983611_2265100560190883_7798313196690866176_n.jpg
  • Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs
  • LED headlamps, fog lamps, parking lights and number plate lights (plug n Play)
  • Bonalume short throw shifter
  • Continental MC5 205/55 r16 tyres
  • Linea full elbow rest with fabric top change to match the Punto seats (black)
  • Handles blacked out (dechromed)

More as I clock down the kms.

Last edited by sidindica : 28th November 2018 at 14:22.
sidindica is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 28th November 2018, 14:56   #668
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1822971
  • LED headlamps, fog lamps, parking lights and number plate lights (plug n Play)

Congratulations Man! Looking forward to another awesome ownership thread from you.
Old 28th November 2018, 15:42   #669
BANNED

Quote:
Taken the plunge and booked a black one. Will replace my silver Punto Evo VGT when it gets delivered next week.

Awaiting the black raven. Because, you live only once, and in this world, everything happens for a reason.
Congratulations buddy. yes, we live only once and you are living it the right way.
Old 28th November 2018, 21:07   #670
Distinguished - BHPian

Wolf Moto has built India's first Stage 3 Abarth Punto .

The car is running with lot of mods. I will list down only performance mods.

1. Wolf Moto Stage 3 ECU map ( Switchable maps for different Octane ratings )
2. Exhaust & Intake Mods
3. Airtec Intercooler
4. TD04 Mitsubishi Turbo
5. Bosch 380 CC Injectors
6. AFR , EGT & Boost Gauges

Few of my friends have driven this car and said its just mental after 3000 RPM. This Video should explain it, wheel spin till 3rd gear .

The car was also put on Dyno. Posting a video of the run.

The numbers were mind blowing 245HP / 370 NM. This was done on 97 octane fuel and high boost map. As per Rajiv, they reduced the power later as this map needs very good fuel and too sensitive. The car should be doing 190 HP ( 91 Octane - Low boost map ) , 217 HP ( 97 Octane ) and 226 HP ( 99 Octane ) now.

Dyno graph of 245 HP run
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img20181128wa0049.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 09:44   #671
Distinguished - BHPian

Abarth Punto : Wolf Stage 3
Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-fb_img_1543464717897.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/50770643628...4469586605061/
Dr.Naren is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 20:22   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on that man! Can you share the OTR price and discounts offered to you?

Quote:
Congrats on your latest acquisition mate . Though I've been contemplating Abarth Punto over past 2 years, few things held me up and thanks to your post I've made up my mind. Can you please share the OTR price?

Given the latest news of Fiat's decision to discontinue Linea and Punto in India, how hard can we negotiate for discounts?

I request fellow BHPians to give your valuable inputs on this. Thank you!
Old 29th November 2018, 23:30   #673
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1822971

Looks great. Congratulations !
May I know, what each of the upgrades you have mentioned costed you? I am also planning to upgrade a few things in my Abarth.
I want to upgrade particularly following, for now:
1. LED headlamps
2. Michelin P3ST 205/55/R16
3. Linea full elbow rest with fabric top change to match the Punto seats (black)
Is the elbow rest a standard accessory from Fiat? And how much does it cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Congratulations on that man! Can you share the OTR price and discounts offered to you?

Congrats on your latest acquisition mate . Though I've been contemplating Abarth Punto over past 2 years, few things held me up and thanks to your post I've made up my mind. Can you please share the OTR price?

Given the latest news of Fiat's decision to discontinue Linea and Punto in India, how hard can we negotiate for discounts?

I request fellow BHPians to give your valuable inputs on this. Thank you!
You can easily get around 1.8L discount on the ex-showroom for Abarth Punto. You can try to negotiate further. In my opinion, this is the bargain of the century.

I was kind of in the same boat as you, as I have been trying to buy this vehicle since March, 2017. But instead received cold shoulder from the KHT Fiat, Bangalore multiple times which always held me back as it raised doubts about A.S.S. as well. In March this year, I even completed the booking formalities but KHT refused to take any advance for the booking saying they will confirm in a few days. That never happened!
I moved to NCR recently, and thought of trying to buy an Abarth here. The response I got here was much much better than KHT and so I immediately booked one.

I have changed the colour of the car in my booking. I originally booked a Hip Hop Black one, but now I have changed it to Pearl White. There are now 3 Pearl White and around 40 Hip Hop Black Abarths available in stock, all 2018 manufactured.

Last edited by bblost : 29th November 2018 at 23:40. Reason: Deleted extra smiley. No more than 2 per post. Thanks.
thehacker is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th November 2018, 01:13   #674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
The car is running with lot of mods.
A bit excess if you ask me. I doubt if even Fiat have ever managed to wring this engine so much. What will be the reliability curve of this engine at such high boost pressures?

I am also wondering how the transmission and drive train components will survive. Braking should have been upgraded as well along with the rest, considering they have gone to such extremes on power output.

Those numbers are seriously mind boggling for such an old engine design. Clearly the IC and much larger turbo that helps here.
Old 30th November 2018, 08:35   #675
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
A bit excess if you ask me. I doubt if even Fiat have ever managed to wring this engine so much. What will be the reliability curve of this engine at such high boost pressures?
TD04 setup for 1.4 TJET is not a new thing. Many famous tuning houses in Europe have been doing this since years.

Quote:
I am also wondering how the transmission and drive train components will survive. Braking should have been upgraded as well along with the rest, considering they have gone to such extremes on power output.
The car is running with few more mods than what I had listed. It also has LSD .

Also not to forget, Wolf has switchable maps. Power is 190 HP in 91 Octane low boost map.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 30th November 2018 at 09:03.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks