Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2019, 18:11   #721
BHPian

Re: Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpanda View Post
Thanks. The car has arrived. I am scheduled to take delivery sometime next week.

I have also been informed that the spare is same scorpion alloy. It is also coming with the touchscreen which was not there in earlier models.
That's great news mate! What's the final OTR you're paying? The touchscreen AVN system was added long back, around mid 2016 I guess.
Old 17th January 2019, 18:35   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
That's great news mate! What's the final OTR you're paying? The touchscreen AVN system was added long back, around mid 2016 I guess.

Ok. Thanks for the information. Then the scorpion alloy spare is the recent addition. Total OTR is 8.75L.
jbpanda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 19:07   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Mate, the Abarth is going for 8.6-8.7 lakhs OTR with included accessories like mudflats, cover and reverse cam. These are Sept - Nov 2018 make with 5 alloy wheels. This is the deal few people got in Pune (5+ booked with 2 full payments). At that price, you simply can't beat it. Even if you spend 1L on it every year (owing to "poor reliability") its the bargain of the year!
Can you share details of the showroom/sales person if you have the information. Also, any idea if these discounts are available in Mumbai?

Last edited by greenoval : 17th January 2019 at 19:08.
Old 17th January 2019, 19:12   #724
BHPian

Thanks everyone for the replies, and feels good to know that I am not the only one who is both enamoured by and tad worried about the prospect of bringing one home.

Going to TD the abarth and the JTPs in the coming weeks.

Good to hear about the discounts !! that is a really good deal. How i wish i had spent more time with mom buying veggies, learning to bargain hard.

Even more pleased to hear about the FNG capabilities in Bombay/Bangalore.

Cheers!
Marzi
Old 17th January 2019, 19:53   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Mate, the Abarth is going for 8.6-8.7 lakhs OTR with included accessories like mudflats, cover and reverse cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpanda View Post
...Total OTR is 8.75L.
Looks like the discounts are getting better day by day. Now, I feel like a credulous dolt for not doing proper homework.

I should've inquired more people before finalizing the deal blindly at 9.3L or should've waited for a fortnight.

Also, tax invoice of my car mentions net price as 7.6L. Is it usual or am I missing something?
Old 17th January 2019, 20:22   #726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
I should've inquired more people before finalizing the deal blindly at 9.3L or should've waited for a fortnight.
While you can squeeze out some more discount, the 8.7L deal is from Gurgaon where the taxes are lesser than Vijayawada I guess which would be the reason for the higher on-road price for you.
Old 17th January 2019, 22:52   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar21 View Post

Going to TD the abarth and the JTPs in the coming weeks.

Cheers!

Marzi
Though the JTP twins are great in their own right but with the kind of discounts Abarth currently has, it makes no sense to go for the JTP.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th January 2019 at 11:56. Reason: Formatting quoted post
Old 18th January 2019, 12:00   #728
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
Though the JTP twins are great in their own right but with the kind of discounts Abarth currently has, it makes no sense to go for the JTP.
At that discounted price, the Abarth certainly does make sense over pretty much any other performance oriented hatchback at the moment.

However, for those who are not hands-on with their cars and have concerns over the future of the brand in the Country, and general after-sales support / parts-support, the Tiago JTP still makes sense.
suhaas307 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2019, 15:37   #729
BHPian

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

However, for those who are not hands-on with their cars and have concerns over the future of the brand in the Country, and general after-sales support / parts-support, the Tiago JTP still makes sense.

There is another way to look at. The Abarth is a Punto at the end of the day which has been in the market for more than a decade. In other words, this is the best version of the Punto in which majority of the glitches have been sorted which makes it a reliable product and a lot of FNGs are there that know the Punto in and out. It is a proven product around the world. We have been hearing about Fiat leaving country for more than 2 years now but I believe FCA has other plans.

Also, anyone going for a JTP is a manual transmission enthusiast by heart who overlooks practicality/convenience in front of sheer fun behind the wheel for whom the Abarth would become an even better bet! It beats the JTP twins hands down in every front by a mile be it acceleration, braking, top speed, handling.

Following are at ONR price for these cars in Pune :
1) Tiago JTP : 7.6 Lacs
2) Abarth : 8.6 Lacs
3) Tigor JTP : ~ 9 lacs

My point is: Someone who is ready to plonk 9 big ones in JTP is inherently not a risk-averse person. So for him Abarth would definitively give much more value for his buck!

Last edited by Waspune : 18th January 2019 at 15:45.
Waspune is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2019, 18:18   #730
BHPian

I was on the lookout for a pertrol hatchback as a second car. Most of my drives will be between on Ooty ghat roads. With all the attractive offers shared by the members, I asked for a quote from the Fiat dealer in Coimbatore. They have given an On Road Price of 9.3 lakhs. I told them dealers in other cities are quoting OTR 8.6 Lakhs. They come back to say OTR means 'On Temporary Registration', which does not include Road Taxes. Does this sound right or am I missing something?
Old 18th January 2019, 18:46   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazeer_ahamed View Post
They come back to say OTR means 'On Temporary Registration', which does not include Road Taxes. Does this sound right or am I missing something?
Whoever said this, is either terribly misinformed or trying to take you for a ride.

OTR stands for "On The Road Price" which comes inclusive of road tax, registration be it temporary or permanent.

Even by his explanation, that shall cover the road tax too as TR can't be done without paying road tax.
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2019, 19:31   #732
BHPian

Quote:
I was on the lookout for a pertrol hatchback as a second car. Most of my drives will be between on Ooty ghat roads. With all the attractive offers shared by the members, I asked for a quote from the Fiat dealer in Coimbatore. They have given an On Road Price of 9.3 lakhs. I told them dealers in other cities are quoting OTR 8.6 Lakhs. They come back to say OTR means 'On Temporary Registration', which does not include Road Taxes. Does this sound right or am I missing something?
He is playing with you. A temporary registered car would cost you around 7.6 lakhs. Add the road tax and that is your on road price.
Waspune is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2019, 20:37   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
He is playing with you. A temporary registered car would cost you around 7.6 lakhs. Add the road tax and that is your on road price.
Thanks for your information. The break down given to me is as follows;

Ex-show room price - 9,82,639
Add Insurance - 40,459
Add Basic Acc + Fastag - 5100
Total - 10,28,195
Less discount of 1,88,000 - 8,40,195

Adding Taxes etc., on road price quoted was 9,28,341.

If any of the member, who has taken delivery recently, can share the cost breakdown, it will be helpful for me to negotiate with them further. Thanks.
nazeer_ahamed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 00:12   #734

Why is the sudden surge in discounts being offered? Is it because they are finally dropping the curtains on this hot hatch or it is because there is a minor revival in the pipeline? Whatever it is, these prices are mouth watering on top of decently VFM package. Well, has anyone enquired for a deal at KHT Bangalore? I test drove Abarth Punto at KHT couple of weeks back and it is a serious contender for me.

If anyone considering taking a deal from KHT Bangalore, would you be able to tag me along? Maybe we can do it together to strike a better deal? IMO, a 2-3 month old vehicle should not be an issue.
revvy_bhala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 07:11   #735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tafe Access in Coimbatore are thugs when it comes to sales. I know them since the 90s. Don't give in to them. Their monopoly over decades is the root cause of their callousness. OTR is "On The Road".

If you have decided on the Abarth, check out dealers in other cities. If you don't mind Tata, check out if the JTP is available at SRT Motors on Avinashi Road.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed