Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2019, 04:13   #781
BHPian

I smell something fishy , even I was told 5-10 cars available I made ex-showroom price and after 2 days they are coming back saying no car in plant. It's totally frustrating. I am feeling like a small kid who has not got his promised toy. No mood to work in office all day sulking. My friend who is my partner in crime is also very sad hearing to this. He had a similar situation when he bought a POLO GT TDI 1.6 as his was the last car in the plant. But he pulled the right strings to get hold of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar21 View Post
Msvg,

Has kht confirmed your booking?

My dealer came back today saying that 2018 stock has run out and only 2019 stock is available without any discount.
My sales guy at the dealership is suggesting to leave the money at the dealership and wait till next batch get manufactured and comes in for sale that's sometime later March 3rd week. He's also not confirming the discount. I am asking for a commitment on the price though.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 1st March 2019 at 04:55. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Please use the EDIT / QUOTE+ functions to address your reply.
Old 1st March 2019, 07:52   #782
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvg View Post
He's also not confirming the discount. I am asking for a commitment on the price though.
It is better to post a query on FCA's twitter or FB account to ask about Abarth production. This should hopefully get you a response.

I won't leave money at the dealer. Getting it back will be a headache considering the dealer has zero ties with FCA when it comes to customer-dealer financial transactions.

Check with Vecto too. Those guys a lot more transparent in providing visibility on production and cars in Stock.

At 9.8lac, I won't call it a great deal. It does seem others have got the car for a lower price. Unless you are getting a car produced in 2019. I won't pay 10lacs for a 2018 car. Bargain hard. If they don't budge, head to the closest Ford outlet and get your hands on the upcoming Figo TDCi face lift.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 1st March 2019 at 08:00.
Old 1st March 2019, 08:02   #783
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvg View Post
I smell something fishy , even I was told 5-10 cars available I made ex-showroom price and after 2 days they are coming back saying no car in plant. It's totally frustrating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
It is better to post a query on FCA's twitter or FB account to ask about Abarth production. This should hopefully get you a response.
Your dealers claim of 10-15 cars available was true until a couple of weeks back. But a massive group buy has happened in TN which now results in zero stock as he says. Either your dealer din't check the current stock when taking your money or he did it on purpose to sell you a 2019 one. But I suspect the former.

I can share more on the group buy as and when I get updates. So those planning on booking an abarth do make sure on the available stock before paying up!
Old 1st March 2019, 17:46   #784
Senior - BHPian

Completed 4,000 kms with the Black Raven yesterday. With the remap, in gear acceleration is brutal, and mid range is devastating. Plus, city driveability is a breeze. In a nutshell, its what the car should have been.

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img-62.jpg

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img-61.jpg
sidindica is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 11:07   #785
BHPian

So, the latest update - the deal for March is the same as the deal for Feb and is applicable for the MY2019 stock as well. 2L on OTR.

They (Fiat/dealer) do know a thing or two about creating multiple twists and turns in the tale. Three different updates on the offer (Zero, something in between and 2L) in a span of three days.

But as they say in any good story, all's well that ends well.

Hoping that this chapter (of booking the car) ends on Tuesday/Wednesday (post the long weekend) with a confirmed allocation (and no more skipped heart beats)

Cheers.
Mar21 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 21:22   #786
Senior - BHPian

A friend shot this preview video of my car, do have a look. Will share another video shortly.
sidindica is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 09:07   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazeer_ahamed View Post
While I was trying to contact Marvel Fiat, Erode, for Abarth quotation, I got a lead of 2016 pre-owned Abarth in Erode, which has run 18,000KMS and in good condition. I'm quite new to this forum and I'm not sure if I can mention the price here. Now I'm in a dilemma whether to go for a new or pre-owned one.
I finally decided to get the pre-owned White Abarth. Its a 2016 March Model.

The first owner has done the 2nd Free Service at 8382Kms on 02-01-2017 and after that the car has run another 10,000KMS till date. The 3rd service is due on 30,000KMS / 24 months from the date of purchase and the 4th service on 45,000KMS / 36 months from the date of purchase. The first owner has skipped the 3rd and 4th service.

After my purchase, with the odometer below 19,000KMS, I'm planning to take the car to Fiat Service Centre. Should I ask the service center to do a general check up and replace fluids / wearables wherever necessary OR do 3rd and 4th service together. Your inputs will be highly appreciated.
Old 4th March 2019, 15:19   #788
BHPian

Quote:
Add back the 1.8l or 2L And you get the on road. Basically the offer is not valid on 2019 stock.
I booked an Abarth Punto on 23rd Feb and paid 90% of OTR on 25th Feb, got the VIN today and also the car is being shipped from the plant today.

I was surprised to know that my car is Jan 2019 manufactured after decoding the VIN. It ends as ADZ (A-JAN, DZ-2019).

I thought the production stopped by 2018 last few months itself.

Guys on the fence should hurry and grab this offer as long as it prevails. Looks like they were manufacturing them Abarths till January 2019.

Happy revving
Old 4th March 2019, 15:22   #789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So, the latest update - the deal for March is the same as the deal for Feb and is applicable for the MY2019 stock as well. 2L on OTR.

Cheers.
Which dealer is this? Also, what is the final on road price after the discount?

Looks like a good deal, given that the car is manufactured in 2019.
Old 5th March 2019, 13:52   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
I booked an Abarth Punto on 23rd Feb and paid 90% of OTR on 25th Feb, got the VIN today and also the car is being shipped from the plant today.

I was surprised to know that my car is Jan 2019 manufactured after decoding the VIN. It ends as ADZ (A-JAN, DZ-2019).

I thought the production stopped by 2018 last few months itself.

Guys on the fence should hurry and grab this offer as long as it prevails. Looks like they were manufacturing them Abarths till January 2019.

Happy revving
Hello,

I am not too sure the production is actually stopping. Maybe the diesels may stop but the petrol motors (No BS6 restriction!!!) may continue to get manufactured.

Anyway a great car!!! Hope those buying it have a great time.

Thanks & Regards
Bharath
Old 5th March 2019, 16:38   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Which dealer is this? Also, what is the final on road price after the discount?

Looks like a good deal, given that the car is manufactured in 2019.
OTR - 8.58 (without insurance)
Dealer - Bombay, landmark
Old 5th March 2019, 16:49   #792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by me@fiat View Post
got the tyres upgraded to Conti MC5 205/55/R16 on day one.
Could you share how much you paid for the swap?

Also, could you share the rationale of choosing the Conti MC5 over the Michelin St3 primacy or the Yokohamas?
Old 6th March 2019, 17:52   #793
h14
BHPian

It is 10 Abarth Punto's and one Linea 125s getting delivered today by SRT FCA!

Wonderful to see these monsters together. Fiat's don't die!

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img20190306wa0048.jpg

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img20190306wa0049.jpg

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img20190306wa0066.jpg

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img20190306wa0071.jpg

Last edited by h14 : 6th March 2019 at 18:17. Reason: Added video
h14 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 20:26   #794
BHPian

Folks, i have finally decided to bite the bullet and book the Abarth Punto. I hope i am not too late for the party. Does anyone in bangalore know if there is still stock and discounts? I signed up on the website but planning to visit the dealerships this week.

Incidentally, i was at Jeep Showroom on Sunday at 100ft road, Domlur IRR and there was no sign of any fiats. It was all Jeep. Will drop in there this week but any headsup, tips will be really useful
Old 11th March 2019, 20:50   #795
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Incidentally, i was at Jeep Showroom on Sunday at 100ft road, Domlur IRR and there was no sign of any fiats. It was all Jeep. Will drop in there this week but any headsup, tips will be really useful

As per Arun_joise on the Jeep Compass official thread, there were Abarth Puntos available at PPS Jeep on Hosur Road.

Do give them a call and check out. I might pass that way tomorrow and will try and check it out for you. Will update the tread if there is any availability.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks