Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2019, 20:59   #796
BHPian

Re: Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
As per Arun_joise on the Jeep Compass official thread, there were Abarth Puntos available at PPS Jeep on Hosur Road.

Do give them a call and check out. I might pass that way tomorrow and will try and check it out for you. Will update the tread if there is any availability.

Great, thanks a lot. I will try calling all dealerships tomorrow.
Old 11th March 2019, 22:48   #797
BHPian

Speak to the SA Harish at KHT Prime. They have a test drive vehicle. He confirmed that there is an offer as well.
Mar21 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 08:41   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar21 View Post
Speak to the SA Harish at KHT Prime. They have a test drive vehicle. He confirmed that there is an offer as well.

Is this at Domlur IRR KHT Prime?
Old 12th March 2019, 09:25   #799
BHPian

Yes, that is correct. They don't have vehicles in stock, will order from fiat. But have a TD vehicle. The white one ,older model.
Old 12th March 2019, 16:59   #800
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Great, thanks a lot. I will try calling all dealerships tomorrow.

Checked out PPS motors on Hosur Road. They can source an Abarth Punto for you from the plant. SA mentioned that around 2 lakhs discount could be worked out.

Speak to Bharath and quote my name.
+91 79-97988780
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 17:43   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Folks, i have finally decided to bite the bullet and book the Abarth Punto. I hope i am not too late for the party. Does anyone in bangalore know if there is still stock and discounts? I signed up on the website but planning to visit the dealerships this week.

Incidentally, i was at Jeep Showroom on Sunday at 100ft road, Domlur IRR and there was no sign of any fiats. It was all Jeep. Will drop in there this week but any headsup, tips will be really useful
Hello Naveen,

I am not so sure you are late for the party because the production of Abarth Punto is not officially stopped. I think the same is the case with Linea TJet. Only diesels are probably on their way out due to BS 6 compliance.

Regards
Bharath
bharath79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 23:05   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Checked out PPS motors on Hosur Road. They can source an Abarth Punto for you from the plant. SA mentioned that around 2 lakhs discount could be worked out.

Speak to Bharath and quote my name.
+91 79-97988780

Thanks Arjun. Will contact Bharath. I am also in contact with one Shivu from Yeswantpur Fiat Showroom. I had inquired about the Jeep there earlier with the same person. He said he will check and let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post
Hello Naveen,

I am not so sure you are late for the party because the production of Abarth Punto is not officially stopped. I think the same is the case with Linea TJet. Only diesels are probably on their way out due to BS 6 compliance.

Regards
Bharath

Sure Bharath. I see only 23 Abarth Puntos were shipped in Feb 19 and none in Jan 19 or Dec 18. So was not sure if Abarth Punto is also stopped. Anyway, speaking to couple of Fiat Dealers this week. Will know the correct picture by next week.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 17th March 2019 at 06:49. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 16th March 2019, 22:19   #803
BHPian

Quote:
...none in Jan 19 or Dec 18.
That's not actually true. I booked my car in Dec 18 and took delivery in Jan 19.

My car along with another back Abarth purchased by a friend from Hyderabad were shipped in Jan 19.

Also, there were few others who took deliveries in Jan.

Last edited by Pferdestarke : 16th March 2019 at 22:23.
Old 16th March 2019, 23:13   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
That's not actually true. I booked my car in Dec 18 and took delivery in Jan 19.

My car along with another back Abarth purchased by a friend from Hyderabad were shipped in Jan 19.

Also, there were few others who took deliveries in Jan.
My reference for the sales number was Feb 2019 sales numbers:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4555314 (February 2019 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis)

The car might have been transferred to the dealer either in Oct 18 or Nov 18. Either way, looking at the Vin number, we can figure out when the cars were manufactured.

Can you post some pictures of the interior of your car? Curious to know how the touch screen looks. Or you can point me to your initial ownership thread if you have created one.

Quick update on my search:

Test drove today. Loved it. The acceleration is awesome. The torque steer is real! However, my wife didn't like the car. She was sitting at the back and complained of lack of under thigh support. Also, as per her, the quality of the interior is similar to that of an indica

Anyway, we will do one more test drive where she will sit upfront, which is where she would spend most of the time if we do decide to buy.

As per Yeswantpur dealer, all cars are 2019 and there are no discounts.

KHT prime domlur said flat 1.8L discount even for 2019 model.
Hosur road folks are a lot more receptive for negotiation. 2L discount was upfront but they were willing to go up further. This i think were the last 4 remaining 2018 models in stock. I will wait it out for more.

The search is getting especially tricky because there are Jeep Compass parked in the same dealership and my wife and daughter always get drawn today it and tend to compare Punto Vs Compass (not fair at all)
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-feb.jpg  

Last edited by suhaas307 : 16th March 2019 at 23:44. Reason: Spacing and formatting
naveenvenkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2019, 23:28   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Hosur road folks are a lot more receptive for negotiation. 2L discount was upfront but they were willing to go up further. This i think were the last 4 remaining 2018 models in stock.
Hi Naveen, do you know if Hosur road dealer has stock of Linea TJet? If yes, what's the discounts on it
Old 17th March 2019, 00:10   #806
BHPian

Quote:
The car might have been transferred to the dealer either in Oct 18 or Nov 18.
My car was manufactured in Oct 18 and was allotted to dealer/me only when full payment was done i.e., in first week of Jan 19.

I'll post the pic of touch screen AVN tomorrow.
Old 17th March 2019, 16:38   #807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redCherry View Post
Hi Naveen, do you know if Hosur road dealer has stock of Linea TJet? If yes, what's the discounts on it

I didn't ask for TJet since i am only looking for Punto Abarth. May be you can call them and inquire.
Old 20th March 2019, 19:06   #808
BHPian

Quote:

I'll post the pic of touch screen AVN tomorrow.
MY car is in showroom for delivery, it came dead on arrival(the AVN). Ordered a replacement with FCA plant, so much for PDI

One of my friend in Bangalore also had the same issue with his AVN, white blank screen. Looks like a batch of faulty AVNs.
Old 21st March 2019, 11:36   #809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
MY car is in showroom for delivery, it came dead on arrival(the AVN). Ordered a replacement with FCA plant
That's a bit dispiriting to have a broken thing in a brand new car.

Don't expect it to be replaced anytime soon given the current state of parts distribution owing to warehouse shifting.

I'm yet to get the reverse cam which was promised to be installed by mid January.
Old 21st March 2019, 18:00   #810
BHPian

Quote:

I'm yet to get the reverse cam which was promised to be installed by mid January.
It must be third party, reverse cam doesn't come from FCA. That's what my service advisor said. They don't have any accessories stocked up or mechanics to Install 3rd party stuff.

Most Viewed