Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2019, 13:24   #871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoSierra View Post
A Query to fellow petrol heads here.

I am in the market for a sub 10 lakh rupee car - mostly a hatchback. If things fall in place, the purchase should happen in the next 3-4 months. I am rooting for a pure driver's car and have the Tiago JTP on my list as well.

Considering the direction that Fiat is headed in India, is Abarth Punto still a good buy? (i.e if stocks still last and im hoping to)
Abarth Punto is not on sale anymore. This has been the case for 6 months now.

Please let me know otherwise.

Regards
Bharath
Old 6th December 2019, 11:45   #872

Re: Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

Hi everyone,

I am in process of buying a used abarth and have found the below options

1. 2016 Make - April regd - Hyderabad

- 44000 Km , 45K service done.
- Rear right and front right doors replaced and painted at 6k Kms
- Clutch and flywheel replaced at 18k Km's
- 6.8L Quoted

Visited and tested the vehicle once , and inspected visually twice.

Photos:

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20191125-13.19.42.jpeg

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20191206-00.05.09-1.jpeg

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20191206-00.05.09.jpeg

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20191206-00.05.10-1.jpeg

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20191206-00.05.10.jpeg

2. 2015 Nov Regd. - 27000 Kms - Goa

- Second owner.
- Last service done at 24k Km's.
- Replaced HEAT EXCHANGER in the last service.
- 2ND Free service 15000KM/ONE YEAR (WHICHEVER IS EARLIER) ; this was done on July 2017, nearly two years after the sale in November 2015.
- 6.5L Quoted

About to visit for verifying in person.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...at/Punto.html/

Since I reside in AP, the Hyderabad vehicle is feasible in that I don't have to re register and pay road tax. But I am OK to buy an out of state vehicle if it is well maintained. Here the Goa vehicle is just 27k Km's run which has put me in a confusion.

The only major issue observed in the service history of GA regd vehicle is the OIL HEAT EXCHANGER replaced. Would there be any major problems in the future related to this?

Below is the part that has been replaced. Any thoughts on this?

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-goa_1.jpg

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-goa_2.jpg

This is my first time buying a used car. So any inputs are welcome.

Thanks in Advance
snap2329 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 16:30   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snap2329 View Post

I feel both the cars quoted on a higher side considering they are almost 4-5yr old models. Ideally it should be between 5 to 5.75L
Suggest you to keep the search on, if not pick the nicer car preferably within Hyderabad as you will incur additional tax costs for out of state cars.
EuroMachine is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 15:00   #874
BHPian

Hello, My Punto Abarth has started making a squeaky sound while braking and I believe it comes from the front disc brakes. I have asked for brake pads from FASS Bangalore, and they have quoted me 8k with 1 month delivery. Can anyone help on where to source quality brake pads suitable for my Punto Abarth as I feel the pricing is exorbitant? I recently got 2 disc rotors and brake pads changed on my Polo, total bill came to only 5.7k.

Awaiting reply from anyone with knowledge on this subject.

Note from Support:

There were several spelling, punctuation and grammar errors in your post. Please proof-read posts before submitting. Using a spell-checker is advised.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 17th December 2019 at 16:19. Reason: Fixed typos & spelling.
Old 25th December 2019, 01:17   #875
BHPian

I started getting “check engine” warning on my abarth since today morning. I have not done anything unusual. Out of 10 times I started the car,between few hours of drive intervals, I got this warning 8 times. I have driven the car for 300kms with this warning and I did not notice any difference in performance. What could be the reasons for this warning light? Kindly help with your suggestions.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-29ab46d4d93f45329c7d2a8a34ff8792.jpeg  

Old 25th December 2019, 19:38   #876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazeer_ahamed View Post
What could be the reasons for this warning light? Kindly help with your suggestions.
Is it taking a longer crank than usual to start the engine? Any subtle increase in vibrations/engine noise?

A quick OBD scan would help you diagnose the problem.

If rodent infestation is prevalent at your place check the cam position sensor cables. Somehow rats like to chew on this sensor in T-Jets. Seen numerous cases including mine.
Pferdestarke is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 01:30   #877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Is it taking a longer crank than usual to start the engine? Any subtle increase in vibrations/engine noise?

A quick OBD scan would help you diagnose the problem.

If rodent infestation is prevalent at your place check the cam position sensor cables. Somehow rats like to chew on this sensor in T-Jets. Seen numerous cases including mine.

Thanks for your suggestions.

The engine starts on the first crank. There is no change in engine noise or vibrations. I have not faced rats problem so far and my area does not have them.

The only change I can remember is I filled normal petrol instead of Speed / Power petrol which I have been using from the beginning. On that particular day Bharat Petroleum did not have Speed petrol and I had to fill up with normal one as I was in a hurry and low fuel waring was coming.

I will wait for the next refill and take my abarth to the service centre for OBD scan, which is 50km from my place.
Old 27th December 2019, 14:23   #878

Quote:
Hi everyone,

This is my first time buying a used car. So any inputs are welcome.

Thanks in Advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroMachine View Post
I feel both the cars quoted on a higher side considering they are almost 4-5yr old models. Ideally it should be between 5 to 5.75L
Suggest you to keep the search on, if not pick the nicer car preferably within Hyderabad as you will incur additional tax costs for out of state cars.

Need another quick suggestion regarding the purchase.

Do I go with Abarth punto or Urban cross abarth registered in the same state?

I have received suggestions that replacing the suspension of urban cross to the Abarths' pretty much does the job.

Any valuable inputs or pointers regarding the validity would be welcome.
Old 27th December 2019, 22:26   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Do I go with Abarth punto or Urban cross abarth registered in the same state?
Abarth Punto is special in terms of the looks which translates into the attention on roads. Urban cross has a good amount of body roll compared to the Punto Abarth (sticks like a magnet in the corners). Plus the branding is what you will definitely miss in the Urban cross because its given a Fiat badge, seats, instrument cluster.

This machine ought to have that scorpion in front of you, behind and on the roof to remind what you are experiencing!

Urban cross is slightly eager in the lower range and spreads in a linear fashion whereas the Punto wakes up like a dragon post the surge and continues till you feel enough.

Probably the reasons why Punto is AN Abarth while an Urban cross is powered by Abarth..

Last edited by suhaas307 : 11th January 2020 at 11:52. Reason: Spacing
Old 27th December 2019, 22:54   #880

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroMachine View Post
Abarth Punto is special in terms of the looks which translates into the attention on roads. Urban cross has a good amount of body roll compared to the Punto Abarth (sticks like a magnet in the corners). Plus the branding is what you will definitely miss in the Urban cross because its given a Fiat badge, seats, instrument cluster.

This machine ought to have that scorpion in front of you, behind and on the roof to remind what you are experiencing!

Urban cross is slightly eager in the lower range and spreads in a linear fashion whereas the Punto wakes up like a dragon post the surge and continues till you feel enough.

Probably the reasons why Punto is AN Abarth while an Urban cross is powered by Abarth..
Thank you for the advice. Good points regarding seats and Instrument cluster. While I do accept the branding makes a difference, I was keen on getting a Black vehicle and remove the stickers as I love understated looks.

Regarding this particular query, I was looking more towards the driving aspects ( Dynamics and engine character) and the possibility of replacing the shocks to that of Abarths'.

If it is technically possible to get the same set on the urban cross., I would be considering it.

Anyways, I will personally drive those back to back and update.

@EuroMachine : Once again thank you very much for the valuable inputs.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 11th January 2020 at 11:53. Reason: Spacing in quoted post
Old 11th January 2020, 11:12   #881
BHPian

Quote:
If it is technically possible to get the same set on the urban cross., I would be considering it.
If you're okay with Urban Cross powered by Abarth, there's a red one for sale in Guntur which has clocked 18,000 kms and the asking price seems decent too.

DM me if you're interested.
Old 2nd February 2020, 20:57   #882
BHPian

Hi,

To all who have driven this rare car enough -
Is the 155 mm GC an issue when tackling the road humps we encounter in most part of Bangalore roads? Or is it manageable, compared to other hatch/sedans that have GC around 165-175 mm?
Old 2nd February 2020, 22:49   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redCherry View Post
Is the 155 mm GC an issue when tackling the road humps we encounter in most part of Bangalore roads? Or is it manageable, compared to other hatch/sedans that have GC around 165-175 mm?
Though the figure seems alarmingly low, the Abarth tackles humps and potholes well without scraping, thanks to the stiff suspension. But one must be careful when the car is loaded.
Pferdestarke is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 06:57   #884
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

To all who have driven this rare car enough -
I don't know about Bangalore, but in my 25K Km of driving, I have sraped the underbelly on only a couple of times. No damages. Most of my driving is in Mangalore which has its fair share of speed breakers and broken roads. The stiffer suspension helps. The effective GC is sufficient, provided a little caution is exercised.
cogWheel is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 11:53   #885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
68,000 km and no major underbody hits so far. There have been a few scrapes, but nothing too bad. Every service, the engine guard is opened up and kept on floor and every time, it was straight. In my old Punto, I had to straighten it out every once in a while.

Yes, even when loaded, haven't faced any problems. Infact, I would say the Abarth suspension is a very good balance of ride, handling and GC for Indian roads.
blackwasp is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks