Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2016, 23:59   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post

Personally though, I would have even thought about getting rid of those red strips on the bonnet. But that's just me...

...You have probably "Silenced" all the Abarth Critics (including me) with a direct comparison with Vento buddy, on the ergonomics front.

Thanks mate! Well, removal of stripes is next on the list
About the ergonomics, what I mean is its either a hit or miss. I guess I was lucky cause I was able to find a nice position quick!
Suraj25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2016, 00:45   #272
BHPian

Re: Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
Had been to 3M today to get some parts vinyl wrapped.
Looks superb. I hope you get it wrapped perfectly to make it look even better. With all red decals removed, it would be a complete sleeper. It would be nice to give a rude shock to the proud owners of entry level luxury cars once in a while
Old 10th January 2016, 20:54   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Looks superb. I hope you get it wrapped perfectly to make it look even better. With all red decals removed, it would be a complete sleeper. It would be nice to give a rude shock to the proud owners of entry level luxury cars once in a while

Thank you! Haha yes it will be funny if that happens. The plan is to make all the housings black and keep only the Abarth decal on the side. Now I have to figure out how and where to get the housings removed.
Old 12th January 2016, 15:30   #274
BHPian

Quote:

Cons:
- Pathetic FE! I get around 7-8.5 kpl.
Well, I'm getting 10-11 consistently within city. Maybe Chandigarh is less congested. My car is now 6000 kms old but I was getting the same mileage in the beginning too. Also around 13 kmpl on the highways at 100-120 kmph and 10.5 kmpl at 140-160 kmph. Also just for fun, I'm sharing a pic. Don't read to much into it though. It was a 28kms, all downhill driving from Mount Abu!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img_20160103_124714712.jpg  

firstguri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 17:19   #275
BHPian

Hi.im a proud owner of white abarth and the car has done close to 4k kms.The steering falls to left slghtly and then the car automatically veers to left.I had already done alignment and still the problem persists, does anyone have any idea of what the problem could be ? This is the only niggle im facing and my internet knowledge says this is a common problem in punto.Ground clearence is more than sufficient and i have gone over some desi speed breakers with full load, but the car hasn't scrapped once.Totally an enthusiast car for enthusiasts at this price.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-image.jpeg  

nitninja is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 19:48   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitninja View Post
The steering falls to left slghtly and then the car automatically veers to left.I had already done alignment and still the problem persists, does anyone have any idea of what the problem could be ? This is the only niggle im facing and my internet knowledge says this is a common problem in punto.

Well I had the same problem. Took the car to dealership. They said the alignment and camber is out. They fixed that but the car was still veering a bit towards left at 70 plus speeds. Took it back to the service centre and this time they fixed it proper. So it's all ok now. But yeah, to think that a new car's alignment and camber is out is a little sad.
firstguri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 11:20   #277
BHPian

Experiencing niggles in a new car is depressing and it's time for fiat to take quality issues seriously.Can the car be serviced at any fiat svc or only at abarth specific svc ?
Old 13th January 2016, 12:21   #278

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Well I had the same problem. Took the car to dealership. They said the alignment and camber is out. They fixed that but the car was still veering a bit towards left at 70 plus speeds. Took it back to the service centre and this time they fixed it proper. So it's all ok now. But yeah, to think that a new car's alignment and camber is out is a little sad.
@fistguri, can you give me some details on what they did to fix the issue? My 90HP Punto has this left pull issue since day one. I've completed 5K kms recently and got the alignment done at the service center but still the issue persists. The car drives in a straight line for say 100-200 meters and then veers off towards the left
Old 14th January 2016, 17:54   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaze View Post
@fistguri, can you give me some details on what they did to fix the issue? My 90HP Punto has this left pull issue since day one. I've completed 5K kms recently and got the alignment done at the service center but still the issue persists. The car drives in a straight line for say 100-200 meters and then veers off towards the left
Well, they just had to align the wheels, twice! As for the camber, I don't know really but they did open up a few bolts. Anyway, my advice would be to go to a known tyre guy for alignment if your service centre isn't able to sort it out. The service centre's machine might be a cheap chinese one or they might need to be recalibrated or maybe the mechanics may not be proficient. Otherwise fixing misalignment shouldn't be as big a deal that it can't be fixed!
Old 14th January 2016, 18:15   #280

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Well, they just had to align the wheels, twice! As for the camber, I don't know really but they did open up a few bolts. Anyway, my advice would be to go to a known tyre guy for alignment if your service centre isn't able to sort it out. The service centre's machine might be a cheap chinese one or they might need to be recalibrated or maybe the mechanics may not be proficient. Otherwise fixing misalignment shouldn't be as big a deal that it can't be fixed!
Thanks firstguri. I did take it to my regular tyre guy (before taking it to the service center) but he wasn't able to fix the issue fully. I've been asked by the service center (Jay Vijay Motors) to get the car again for a proper checkup of the vehicle and tyres.
Old 14th January 2016, 22:41   #281
BHPian

Removed the stripes and got the tail lamps slightly smoked. This is how she looks now:

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img_2835.jpg

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img_2836.jpg

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img_2837.jpg

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img_2838.jpg

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img_2839.jpg

The smoked effect looks more prominent at night:

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img_2828.jpg

Edit- Why are the pictures rotated? Someone please help

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th January 2016 at 08:39. Reason: Images rotated and re-uploaded.
Suraj25 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 02:15   #282
BHPian

Well, she looks like somebody undressed her!
Anyway, I for one always liked the stripes. In fact I wish that at least the bonnet stripe was painted. No offence to you, but I want the car to shout out Abarth loud and the stripes do just that. Initially I thought the scorpion on top was not required but it seems ok to me now. With the stripes gone now, the only way people will know that it's an Abarth is when you leave behind.
firstguri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 07:47   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Removed the stripes and got the tail lamps slightly smoked. This is how she looks now:
Brilliant Suraj, I give a Biiig Thumbs up for this buddy

Honestly, I just love what you have done on the Abarth. Now the Fog lamp surround really looks an eye candy and has really transformed the looks of Abarth (for me).

I am not sure why the pics are appearing rotated, can you please reload more...actually lot more of this now.
Old 15th January 2016, 09:20   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Black is always classy!! (and a PITA to maintain - yours truly is learning it the hard way with a Tuxedo Black Figo )

I think you should have retained either the stripes or the scorpion at the top to have it distinguished more prominently as an Abarth!

Nonetheless, awesome steed you got there! Happy revving!
Old 15th January 2016, 14:18   #285
BHPian

Quote:

The smoked effect looks more prominent at night:

Edit- Why are the pictures rotated? Someone please help

It looks absolutely gorgeous with the stripes removed !

Last edited by suhaas307 : 20th January 2016 at 07:58. Reason: Shortened quoted post

Most Viewed