Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2016, 23:39   #391
BHPian

Re: Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCJ View Post
I am also planning to get the infotainment system from Virtue. Can you please provide some details regarding the rear view camera installed by you which fits in the number plate lamp housing?
Hi! My accessories guy managed to dig it out - SN Car Decors, Hyderabad 93480 93490 - not sure if this really helps - but maybe he can give you the part number or other details that may helps you source.

Also, I would advise against the Virtue India Android HU - it is quite buggy and is more trouble than it is worth IMO. You might want to see if he still has the Win CE based system in stock - it doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but is more stable. My two cents.
Old 23rd April 2016, 13:45   #392
BHPian

I was going through the new price of Abarth Punto. It is 10.23L in Delhi.
Out of that it attracts a whopping 31% as excise (27% + 4% added in 2016 budget)
If the car attracted same excise as 1.2l petrols, it would have taken a hit of just 13% (12% + 1% added in 2016 budget)
That would have made the price 8.82L which is lesser than GT TSI (8.97L) which undergoes same excise duty.

It is the stupid policies brought in by the previous govt. which are continued by the current govt. which are killing any chances of enthusiast cars taking off in India.

The govt. wants people to stay away from diesel cars, yet they allow excise duty exemption till 1.5l for diesels and only 1.2l for petrols. The 1.2l petrols are neither fuel efficient nor powerful making them unattractive, forcing enthusiasts to buy the dirty diesels.

If someone in Bengaluru wants to buy an Abarth Punto, the on road price is a whopping 12.63L. Out of that whopping 4.4L goes to the govt(2.4L to central, 2L to state as road tax for pothole filled roads)
theredliner is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 02:30   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post

It is the stupid policies brought in by the previous govt. which are continued by the current govt. which are killing any chances of enthusiast cars taking off in India.

If someone in Bengaluru wants to buy an Abarth Punto, the on road price is a whopping 12.63L. Out of that whopping 4.4L goes to the govt(2.4L to central, 2L to state as road tax for pothole filled roads)

For govt, it's an easy way of making money. According to them those who buy cars are affluent enough to shell out additional taxes no matter how much illegitimate they may sound. AFA Kar road taxes are concerned I would compare it to a goose laying golden eggs; minimal investment , high returns. I would be happy to pay a premium provided they serve a premium but then it is like the govt is telling us " go cry to your mama baby" .
Old 6th May 2016, 12:21   #394
BHPian

A couple of pics of my Abarth taken by my semi-pro photographer buddy, thought I'd share as they look quite nice, if I say so myself! Or, as another friend said: "Kya aBarth hai!"
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-abarth_02.jpg  

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-abarth_01.jpg  

splitinfinitive is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 15:50   #395
Senior - BHPian

Finally driven Abarth yesterday (that too with a modified end can one - 15K job).

Can't put any perfect word to explain the feel. Definitely in my wish-list for next upgrade. Hope Fiat provides an AVN for Abarth. The current available touch-screen navigation (OEM accessory) don't have Blue & Me incorporated. Hope they provide something with Here Maps.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 7th May 2016, 03:47   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Finally driven Abarth yesterday (that too with a modified end can one - 15K job).

Can't put any perfect word to explain the feel. Definitely in my wish-list for next upgrade. Hope Fiat provides an AVN for Abarth. The current available touch-screen navigation (OEM accessory) don't have Blue & Me incorporated. Hope they provide something with Here Maps.

Cheers!

Vinu
The Abarth Punto is powered by Uconnect and not Blue and me AFAIK which finally offers Bluetooth streaming. The AVN touch screen that came with Punto Sportivo and Linea Elegance is powered by blue and me. Have also heard that from June onwards the top end variants (read Emotion) of Punto, Avvy and Linea would be equipped with the AVN touch screen.

How was your experience with the Abarth BTW? You can take few lines to narrate it

Last edited by Waspune : 7th May 2016 at 03:49.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 23:57   #397
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

She's home finally. Expect an ownership thread soon and pictures as well.

Dad brought her from Pune just couple of hrs ago and is highly impressed by her road manners. This is after driving a Punto 1.2 for the last 6+ years.

Initial impressions:
-Feature spec is impressive coming from a base Punto model.
-Climate control AC is a chiller
-powwwweeerrrrrrr
-clutch is lighter and smoother in operation than our old Punto
-powwwweeerrrrrrr
-lights are powerful, the fog lamps are quite well set(throw, beam and colour)

One word descriptions for the foll
Overtaking - Effortless
Engine - Phenomenal
Ride - Impressive
Acceleration till 2k rpm - Adequate
Acceleration post 2k rpm - Insane
Braking - remarkable

All these factors should be considered after knowing the fact that we had a Punto for the last 6+ years. Hence its like a second home to us. Seating position is easy to find, long clutch throw is a habit, and basically it's like running our old Punto on a new motor - albeit a more powerful one.

Last edited by blackwasp : 7th May 2016 at 23:58.
blackwasp is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 00:22   #398
BHPian

Congrats Blackwasp on your beast. Looking forward to loads of pics
Does the Abarth has different lights/fog lamps when compared to the normal Punto Evo?

Last edited by Waspune : 8th May 2016 at 00:23.
Old 8th May 2016, 00:31   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
Congrats Blackwasp on your beast. Looking forward to loads of pics
Does the Abarth has different lights/fog lamps when compared to the normal Punto Evo?

Not sure about the different lights, but coming from Grande Punto, with no fog lamps, these are definitely better ! But compared to some other small hatches that I've driven, Abarth's Fog lamps stood out. The usual low/high beam lights have same throw as our Older Punto, so nothing different there.
Old 8th May 2016, 02:14   #400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How was your experience with the Abarth BTW? You can take few lines to narrate it
First of all, I have to swim against the flow here. I drive a Beat Petrol, Figo Ver 1 Petrol and now a Kwid too. Abarth was like a second home for me. Just got in, adjusted the seat and drove off. No ergonomics issues, no gear shift issues (I didn't got what the rubbery feel people say here), Steering was perfect for my liking (I always keep the seats a bit far from steering), Clutch was super light (but long - which was adapted within seconds) and AC was a chiller.

If I close my eyes I can still feel the insane acceleration which put a grin still . Throughout 1st to 4th gear just push the A pedal the car surges and pin you to the seats.

Steering felt a tad lighter than Grande Punto but still best in the business. Brakes need a special mention and liked the exhaust note from the modified end can too.

Test drive was mainly in City roads so handling part was not that special. I will be taking another test drive shortly.

They had sold 17 Abarths till date. Cars are readily available in both colours. Test-drive car had clocked 11124 KMs.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 8th May 2016, 16:56   #401
BHPian

@myavu: You mean 17 Abarths in April, right ? The Abarth is way more fun on the highways like any other Fiat.
Old 8th May 2016, 19:03   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
First of all, I have to swim against the flow here. I drive a Beat Petrol, Figo Ver 1 Petrol and now a Kwid too. Abarth was like a second home for me. Just got in, adjusted the seat and drove off. No ergonomics issues, no gear shift issues (I didn't got what the rubbery feel people say here), Steering was perfect for my liking (I always keep the seats a bit far from steering), Clutch was super light (but long - which was adapted within seconds) and AC was a chiller.

If I close my eyes I can still feel the insane acceleration which put a grin still . Throughout 1st to 4th gear just push the A pedal the car surges and pin you to the seats.

Steering felt a tad lighter than Grande Punto but still best in the business. Brakes need a special mention and liked the exhaust note from the modified end can too.

Test drive was mainly in City roads so handling part was not that special. I will be taking another test drive shortly.

They had sold 17 Abarths till date. Cars are readily available in both colours. Test-drive car had clocked 11124 KMs.

Cheers!

Vinu
Congrats on the car bro, BTW did you take delivery from Hyson Kochi? I still remember the test-drive on the container road. The car just felt awesome. Congratulations again!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th May 2016 at 19:24. Reason: u > you. No SMS lingo while posting on the forums please. Thanks!
Old 9th May 2016, 00:06   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@myavu: You mean 17 Abarths in April, right ?
It's a new showroom, so it might not be of April sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRPAI View Post
BTW did you take delivery from Hyson Kochi?
No, it was Pinnacle Fiat.

Cheers!
Old 14th May 2016, 09:29   #404
Distinguished - BHPian

For markets like Brazil, Fiat will discontinue the Punto and Linea by end 2016. India plans unknown yet.

The Punto will be replaced by the Next Gen Punto due in 2017.

Quote:
Launched in 2007 the Punto has nine years in the market, and in 2012 has undergone a Visual changes gaining new bumper and refurbished. The hatch will be overridden by the derived model X6H Project which will be produced in Betim (MG).
Linea will make way for the Sedan code named X6S.
The Linea after a 8 year of product life cycle with face lift versions in 2014 was never a bestseller in Brazil.
Quote:
The sedan was never a bestseller, will leave the scene with the arrival of the new sedan derived from the Project which will be manufactured in Argentina X6S.
http://www.autossegredos.com.br/2016...-doblo-furgao/

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th May 2016 at 09:31.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 20:49   #405
Team-BHP Support

http://m.overdrive.in/reviews/afford...-punto-abarth/

Overdrive track test of the Punto Abarth.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks