Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2016, 11:21   #421
Team-BHP Support

Re: Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT145 View Post
"Braking is respectable but not in the same league as the Honda Jazz", that statment is a totally misleading one in a real world scenario. I have never been on a Jazz, but from my experince Honda City's braking power is miles behind Abarth, so not expecting Jazz to be a winner here at any means. :(
When we drove the Jazz last year, we had mentioned that the brakes are super sharp and can catch you out. What you are not getting is overall braking is superior in the Abarth but the control under braking and knowing how much grip is available is better in the Jazz. Braking in a straight line is not the same as braking before a corner and for a chicane.

Aditya Patel explained this pretty well in the video.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th May 2016, 13:10   #422
BHPian

Just watched the Overdrive shootout on CNBC.

You have to remember that Aditya is reviewing it from a racing drivers perspective; turn in, weight transfer, etc. and most of the comments are centered around how the cars behave in the turns. It's nice a balanced review, but since it's so track focused don't really know how much of it is relavant for mortals like us. Ideally they should have had all the cars on the same set of tyres to get a fairer reading on chassis dynamics.
keroo1099 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2016, 14:11   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
What you are not getting is overall braking is superior in the Abarth but the control under braking and knowing how much grip is available is better in the Jazz.
See that's all I'm pointing here. If overall braking is superiour in Abarth then definitely their statement is misleading, it gives wrong idea to normal people as long as they are not specifying the conditions. Those people who watch the video may understand the conditions where they conclude such a statment but those who read the article it's not. Maybe they could have said it like "Braking is respectable but not in the same league as the Honda Jazz when it comes to corners" or maybe something sensible.
Old 30th May 2016, 09:02   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_lukose View Post
And dear owners. How are your cars behaving long term ? Any niggles or issues with service experiences ?

I've had my car for 2.5 months and it has no issues at all. My car has less than 800 kms on the odometer so there is no need for me to visit the service station yet. The first service which is a mere formal inspection is due at 5000 kms or 6 months (which would be in the first week of October as there is no chance of me reaching 5000 before that). Though there are times when im in traffic that i miss my GT TSI, the Abarth just seems to be getting faster each and every week as i slowly add more kilometers on her odometer. Theres no better feeling than having the power of 145 horses in a small hatchback especially when you take her out on a Sunday when the roads in my town have very few vehicles plying on them. Thats when you realize what a special machine the Scorpion really is
chase_nt is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 11:57   #425
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img20160620wa0012.jpg

Dr.Naren is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 13:37   #426
BHPian

shetty_rohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 15:07   #427
Distinguished - BHPian

Punto Abarth performed better with 97 octane petrol. The difference was very prominent.

http://www.cartoq.com/watch-the-fiat...n-a-drag-race/
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 10:01   #428
BANNED

The fiat dealer in gurgaon has shut shop. There is no fiat dealer in gurgaon now. With diesel prices going up and consumer focus shifting to petrol, fiat' sole source of revenue, it's MJD engines, are getting less profitable. I don't know for how long will fiat survive in India.
But on the positive side, fiat has been in the same condition for as long as, it has been in India, and people worrying all the time that now it will shut shop, now it will shut shop. But, somehow fiat continues to linger on. I don't know how they manage to keep going on. Probably, the mother company want it to stay in India and is writing off its losses.

Last edited by chaudh2s : 23rd June 2016 at 10:03.
chaudh2s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 09:26   #429
Distinguished - BHPian

Abarth Punto remapped by Kiirus produces 175 hp and 240 nm.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHGtyz8jWLe/
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img20160627wa0000.jpg  

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 27th June 2016 at 09:28.
Dr.Naren is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 00:42   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
That's a picture from our recent Abarth meet in Bangalore. I've driven the remapped car and there's a noticeable difference in 3rd, 4th and 5th gears. It pulls more effortlessly and the engine seems a little smoother than my car's. It is supposedly the same 180hp map that is used in the cars abroad.
Suraj25 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 07:22   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHGtyz8jWLe/
The gearbox will go for a toss soon as it is only rated for 206Nm of torque and is at its limit from factory. The Punto Abarth abroad doesn't come with the sad five speeder we get in india.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 29th June 2016 at 07:24.
Old 29th June 2016, 12:01   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
The gearbox will go for a toss soon as it is only rated for 206Nm of torque and is at its limit from factory. The Punto Abarth abroad doesn't come with the sad five speeder we get in india.
Don't worry about the gearbox, it's the same found in Punto 90 hp, Linea, t-jet and people have got it remapped and haven't faced gearbox issues. The clutch might die earlier, but that's it.

The torque figures remain around 240 NM only when people get their Linea/ Punto 90 HP remapped. Maybe because the peak torque isn't used all the time?

Last edited by Waspune : 29th June 2016 at 12:10.
Old 11th July 2016, 22:04   #433
BHPian

Looks like Abarth Punto has got a price cut (according to their website). Due to the stupid 4% increase in excise duty in the budget, the Abarth's price was hiked to 10.23L. This had pushed the OTR up by ~90k in states like Karnataka. FIAT has now brought the price down to 9.99L, which will bring the price back close to pre-budget levels. Good move
theredliner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 21:53   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Looks like Abarth Punto has got a price cut (according to their website). Due to the stupid 4% increase in excise duty in the budget, the Abarth's price was hiked to 10.23L. This had pushed the OTR up by ~90k in states like Karnataka. FIAT has now brought the price down to 9.99L, which will bring the price back close to pre-budget levels. Good move
Looks like this was yet another blunder by them.

The latest update on the site shows the price as Rs.10,30,596/- So they've increased the price, not decrease it

I'm sure they had enough margins at 9.95L to maintain that price for a while.

It is better to buy a Figo Titanium+ for full 3.6L less and get some upgrades (no offence to owners).
Old 19th July 2016, 00:53   #435

The website does mention discounts all across but not on the Abarth versions. I had a couple of queries:

* Does it make sense to slightly postpone the purchase decision for the Abarth in the hope that there might be more discounts in the near future?

* Will the touchscreen infotainment system on the newly launched Powertech trims have a discernible impact on the sound quality vs the stock system in the Abarth? In which case, will it make sense to replace it in the Abarth as a negotiated freebie or even at an additional cost? Given that it is an OEM system, compatibility issues should be non-existent.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks