Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2017, 12:14   #481
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post

Best of all, when we tried to visit RDC Fiat in Chennai Anna Nagar, to our dismay, the showroom was closed & what's horrific is there's a big sign board stating "Volkswagen coming soon..."
I believe that they are in a transition phase in getting their 'Fiat' showrooms converted to FCA ones, presumably at a different location.

They are not closed. Agree that the sales experience is very lethargic, largely though!
Old 31st January 2017, 14:00   #482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
I believe that they are in a transition phase in getting their 'Fiat' showrooms converted to FCA ones, presumably at a different location
Correct me if I'm wrong - I think end of 2014 is when the FCA was being formed & now its 2017 & still they're in transition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
They are not closed. Agree that the sales experience is very lethargic, largely though!
Agreed they're not closed; but, the way things appear now makes me think they will wind up; besides this will not be their first time.

Its disheartening to see a Fiat who has super competitive technical knowledge, makes wonderful products, but not staying competitive. Even if the looks are ignored, what a wonderful handling, the car literally not only stands to the word "build like a tank" but one can also get that immense feel of it

PS - What is it with these Italians? Benelli (Now a chinese), Aprillia, Ducati, Vespa, Fiat all of them are Italian origins, beauty in the make, excellent performance, but dull with sales, support & service.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 14:45   #483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong - I think end of 2014 is when the FCA was being formed & now its 2017 & still they're in transition?

Guess you had problems understanding my statement.

All Fiat showrooms are being converted to FCA ones, this is a branding change. All FCA brands would be sold under this umbrella.

That FCA was formed in end of 2014 goes above my head.
Old 31st January 2017, 17:27   #484
BHPian

Quote:

Best of all, when we tried to visit RDC Fiat in Chennai Anna Nagar, to our dismay, the showroom was closed & what's horrific is there's a big sign board stating "Volkswagen coming soon..."

I only get a perception that Fiat will wind up their operations in India soon; with this kind of message, how can we ever trust & buy one from Fiat?
RDC is shifting all their Operations to OMR and the Jeep showroom which was opened recently by them will sell Fiat as well. The Anna Nagar place was anyway quite small and right on a signal junction. VW already has a showroom next door and maybe they are just expanding their showroom by annexing this.

Anyway RDC is not winding up operations nor are Fiat. RDC is just shifting to the more happening OMR. This is the information i got from my friend who works for them when I went with him to test drive the Abarth in Nandanam(The Nandanam one will also be closed eventually and only the OMR dealership will remain operational it seems.)
jvm_1986 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 23:21   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
As we know, the Abarth did not set the charts on fire for Fiat in India. They gave us what we(the enthusiasts) wanted, but only a handful of us ended up buying the car. No car is perfect(kind of) and the Abarth Punto is far from it. Yes, it doesn't get parking sensors, fancy ICE, projector headlamps, DRLs, electric mirrors, et al. but it thoroughly fulfills what an enthusiast wants from a car- Driving pleasure. I'm not talking just about the power figures, the car is so much more than that. Drive her on the highway for some time and that's when you really begin to appreciate the car. I have taken on curves at speeds that I never imagined was possible! The brakes are another big plus and only thing you have to be worried about in an emergency braking situation, is the car that's about to rear end you. The handling, brakes and the outright power combined gives me more confidence to push it harder than my C250 and I'm not exaggerating. I have driven many nice cars in the past, but none of them have managed to plaster such a wide smile on my face. This car is a keeper.

Like a few older fast fiats that didn't sell too well, this car too is beginning to get a cult following. Now most Abarth owners are part of the Abarth Owners Club(AOC) which was started almost a year ago and has members from all over the country. We often meet for short drives and here are a few pictures.

Was sad to see the official thread for such a beautiful car almost dead, so made this post to liven it up a little and also to show that even though the car didn't sell like hot cakes, it surely brought some of us like minded enthusiasts together.
Thanks ever so much for adding this to the thread. I've been one of those dreaming about the Abarth and visiting this thread on a daily basis for vicarious pleasure.

Hypothetically, an Urban Cross with the Abarth Engine would also be eligible to be part of the club right?
I'm awaiting a pay hike so I can finally afford to buy one. As practical the GT TSI is for the city I'm still veering towards this for the sheer driving pleasure. Recently drove the new Figo TDCI for hundreds of kms all over the mangalore - udupi-malpe-kudremukha stretch in KA. Enjoyed the power immensely. But my mind still kept thinking about how awesome it would have been to be driving the Abarth powered UC
sultanofswing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 09:49   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Lovely pictures...It is an amazing sight to watch 4 of these together.

Without those tacky centre stripes, your car is the most beautiful among all the hot hatches in these photos.

I see some damage on the Avventura. I hope it didn't happen during one of these meets!

Thank you Hemanth!
About the Avventura, I don't think it did.. small damages like these are inevitable in the metros..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
I for one, believe you totally on that Suraj

Wish you many more mile munching in this 'TRUE BLUE' Black Scorpion.

+1 to Hemant.

Just a simple D.I.Y of getting rid of those centre stripes goes a long way in enhancing the already stupendous stance of the Abarth.

I can assure you that it looks just Stunning in person.

Thank you so much bro!
It was my first meet, had a lot of fun. Can't wait for the next one!

Quote:
Fiat is technically strong, they make awesome cars, but very weak with doing business & they refuse to learn from their mistakes either. This is my perception about Fiat.

I agree. Service is the only issue with fiat. Try and maintain a good relationship with the svc guys, they will make living with a fiat a lot easier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sultanofswing View Post
Thanks ever so much for adding this to the thread. I've been one of those dreaming about the Abarth and visiting this thread on a daily basis for vicarious pleasure.

Hypothetically, an Urban Cross with the Abarth Engine would also be eligible to be part of the club right?

Haha you're welcome. Will try and update the thread as frequently as possible. And yes, you will still be eligible with the tjet UC!
Trust me, there's nothing like driving one of these on winding roads.
Suraj25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 10:48   #487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvm_1986 View Post
Anyway RDC is not winding up operations nor are Fiat
CAI Fiat in Coimbatore, are they still operational? I heard they closed down & neither Fiat India website shows they're operating in CBE.

Quote:
I agree. Service is the only issue with fiat. Try and maintain a good relationship with the svc guys, they will make living with a fiat a lot easier
Agreed on the point of cajoling the SVC guys be it Fiat or even Maruti. But access to their ASC itself is a big question, especially I'm a person who believes in buying is one time affair but maintenance is for lifetime

Like I said above, I visit RDC Fiat like a kindergarten lad watching Häagen-Dazs!! And the kind of look my Wife gives whenever I say the word Fiat. And compare the kind of responses you get from Ford, Nexa, Hyundai, Tata, Nissan, Renault, Toyota & heck even VWi!!

Very very sad that Fiat does not want to take care of enthusiasts & ignoring their fans :(
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 17:51   #488

Quote:
Now most Abarth owners are part of the Abarth Owners Club(AOC) which was started almost a year ago and has members from all over the country. We often meet for short drives and here are a few pictures.

Can I join? I'm from Hyderabad and I own a black 2016 Abarth
Old 2nd February 2017, 18:53   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anirudhneni View Post
Can I join? I'm from Hyderabad and I own a black 2016 Abarth

Hi, I am not able to PM you. If you could mail me your number at surajnagaraj25@gmail.com it would be great!
Old 20th February 2017, 20:19   #490
BHPian

Hi, has anybody tried any remap on the Abarth Punto? Tune-O-Tronics or Wolf-Moto?
Old 21st February 2017, 09:46   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav21 View Post
Hi, has anybody tried any remap on the Abarth Punto? Tune-O-Tronics or Wolf-Moto?
Apart from a slight bump in torque, there will be limited scope to further tune this engine. At the tops, you maybe able to get to 160 horses or so.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 10:43   #492
Senior - BHPian

What should be a good price for a 2015 Abarth? The car is unregistered and is with dealer since a year and half. Its not a Demo vehicle and its at warehouse. As of now dealer is quoting me 10.7L but the same dealer sold 2016 Abarth at 10.2L without insurance.
Old 23rd February 2017, 11:00   #493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post

What should be a good price for a 2015 Abarth? The car is unregistered and is with dealer since a year and half. Its not a Demo vehicle and its at warehouse. As of now dealer is quoting me 10.7L but the same dealer sold 2016 Abarth at 10.2L without insurance.
Hey neoonwheels, I would not want to comment on "What Should be the Price...?", but surely can advise you to steer away from this buddy.

Personally, 1.5yrs of 'Inactive' state is a BIG RED FLAG.

Whichever way you look at this, you are better off plonking your funds on a more recent Abarth at the same or marginally more price.

Unless of course you are prepared to go through all the possible mental and financial hassles, should this turn out into a dead horse !!
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 11:18   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey neoonwheels, I would not want to comment on "What Should be the Price...?", but surely can advise you to steer away from this buddy.

Personally, 1.5yrs of 'Inactive' state is a BIG RED FLAG.

Whichever way you look at this, you are better off plonking your funds on a more recent Abarth at the same or marginally more price.

Unless of course you are prepared to go through all the possible mental and financial hassles, should this turn out into a dead horse !!
As I heard, there are only 60 odd (All white) Abarths left with FIAT. Production is stopped since some months now so its as good as out of production car now. I dont know whether it will resume or not. Will just go and see how much the dealer offers the car for. Wont put down money unless I see the car and thoroughly check it out.

Its with dealer as there was a very less demand for white Abarth and then people kept buying 2016 cars till recently. Thanks a lot for your advice
Old 25th February 2017, 10:56   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav21 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Apart from a slight bump in torque, there will be limited scope to further tune this engine. At the tops, you maybe able to get to 160 horses or so.

I have seen pictures over social media where KIIRUS remapped Abarth Punto's producing 170-180 BHP and 240 NM torque. Here is a link from this thread.
GT145 is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks