Team-BHP - Maruti Baleno : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Baleno : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/171209-maruti-baleno-official-review-11.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKMahajan (Post 3869527)
Visited Nexa Pune on 13 Dec 2015 (Sunday) with wife for Baleno automatic.

Additional note:
Found one interesting thing - they did not have demo of automatic Baleno - AND they were confident that they would not get one even 4~5 months down!

Sir, considering you just got the Jazz CVT, were you there just to do a comparison or you are looking out for another AT? Apologies if you have already answered this in your ownership thread or elsewhere and I have missed it.

Amazed at the interest this car is generating. Seeing several on the road already. Followed one for 4-5 km yesterday. The rear looked ( for want of a better word) 'fat'. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj (Post 3870396)
Baleno spotted with Body Kit and Alloy rims from the Ciaz. Could be a dealer level special edition.

Source: IAB

This definitely looks much better than the stock mags on the Baleno.cpics:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj (Post 3870629)
Sir, considering you just got the Jazz CVT, were you there just to do a comparison or you are looking out for another AT? Apologies if you have already answered this in your ownership thread or elsewhere and I have missed it.

Amazed at the interest this car is generating. Seeing several on the road already. Followed one for 4-5 km yesterday. The rear looked ( for want of a better word) 'fat'. :)

Dear Rajeevraj,

Good Question!

I know - whenever a teacher says 'that' it means that the teacher is not sure of the answer! Ha Ha Ha Ha...

Anyway, I have an answer to your 'good question'! I am now looking to replace my other car! I have a WagonR which will complete 5 years in March/April 2016. It has done barely 20,000+ km. It is in top condition. But, it is proving hard for my wife to alternate between the Jazz CVT and the WagonR MT. I am able to switch easily - but she has issues!

So, I am actually serious about buying a good automatic for my wife.

Let us see how this works out.

To me, on paper, the Baleno is VFM. Another good option is the TUV. In that case, I would have to use the TUV more often and let her use the Jazz more often. No issues with me!

It would have been even easier, if either of these two had AT in the top models!

I am hoping (fingers crossed) that the top end AT versions will come by the time I decide to take the plunge.

I also have the option of going in for a second Jazz! Hmm.. tricky - very tricky!

Girish Mahajan

A member of Maruti Suzuki Baleno 2015 group on Facebook has posted this pic of the Momo Revenge alloys on the Baleno.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-12341450_908473435913133_7168430860785548603_n.jpg

It has really changed the looks of the car. I would love to get those rims when I get my Baleno :D

I checked the website of the dealer and these wheels are quoted at Rs.8500 per piece. Any idea how much would the OEM alloys (without tyres) fetch in case one replaced them on the day of delivery?

Also can any owner of the Baleno (Zeta/Alpha) provide the specs of the alloys if possible?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRK (Post 3871071)

Also can any owner of the Baleno (Zeta/Alpha) provide the specs of the alloys if possible?

The specs are 195/55 R16 for the zeta and alpha variant. I am hunting for the alloys too! Also, one of the dealers in bangalore quoted 2.5-3K per wheel for buy back.

Quote:

A member of Maruti Suzuki Baleno 2015 group on Facebook has posted this pic of the Momo Revenge alloys on the Baleno.

Attachment 1450785

It has really changed the looks of the car. I would love to get those rims when I get my Baleno :D

I checked the website of the dealer and these wheels are quoted at Rs.8500 per piece. Any idea how much would the OEM alloys (without tyres) fetch in case one replaced them on the day of delivery?

This is a pic from BK Tyres Lajpat Nagar Delhi's Facebook page. Jitesh Kapoor the owner does an amazing job with the cars. These are Momo Wheels, heres a another image from his collection

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik (Post 3871396)
The specs are 195/55 R16 for the zeta and alpha variant. I am hunting for the alloys too! Also, one of the dealers in bangalore quoted 2.5-3K per wheel for buy back.

The specs that you have shared are of the tyres.
I was inquiring about details such as PCD, Offset, Width,etc.

Is that 3K price just for the alloys?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik_kapur (Post 3871704)
This is a pic from BK Tyres Lajpat Nagar Delhi's Facebook page. Jitesh Kapoor the owner does an amazing job with the cars. These are Momo Wheels, heres a another image from his collection

Thanks for the pic. I have booked a white one and this gives an idea how good the car would look with the Momo wheels.

Hi,

First let me thank the moderators for approving my membership request. I have been a guest on the group for a long time now and finally decided to take the plunge.

And secondly, exceptional review that covered every aspect of the car in detail. I would not have got this much information about the car from anywhere else. I have booked the Delta 1.2 and awaiting delivery. Hopefully, within the next few days it would be delivered since it is allotted and on the way from the factory.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzuki san (Post 3870078)
3. The passengers at the back were complaining about the hardness of the head rests and also that they were too big. The same goes for the front seat head rest, the top of which angles forward and shorter passengers found this very uncomfortable as even in the fully lowered position it was pushing against the top of their heads.
4. By the end of the drive, the rear seat passengers were also complaining of aching knees as there is insufficient under thigh support on the rear seat. One of the passengers was on the verge of getting physically sick!

Hello SS,

A nice write-up giving important insights:thumbs up
Just wanted to know few things.
-- I understand that you had passengers in the back seat for this short trip. Did the rear of the car sag? Was it substantial?

-- How's the space for 3 people at the back. Would they be comfortable if the trip is a long one.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by autospeaker (Post 3872090)
Hello SS,

A nice write-up giving important insights:thumbs up
Just wanted to know few things.
-- I understand that you had passengers in the back seat for this short trip. Did the rear of the car sag? Was it substantial?

-- How's the space for 3 people at the back. Would they be comfortable if the trip is a long one.

Cheers

Hi Autospeaker,

Actually it turned out to be quite a long trip.
We left Andheri (W), Bombay at 07:30 hrs and returned at 23:00 hrs due to unbelievable traffic. Also my speed was restricted to 80 Kmph as we were running in the car.
Yes! We did make quite a few short stops (30 to 40 minutes) and one long stop in Poona for an hour and a half for lunch / visit to a friend's house.
I had two passengers in the back seat (did not sit there myself) and honestly I did not look for or notice any "sag". We did not touch any speed breakers if that's of any help.
3 normal sized people (say 70 Kgs) would be comfortable in the back (depends how long the trip is) but if one of them were, shall we say "healthy", then I have my doubts. The reason I say this is because one of my passengers (male) was quite large (approx 95 - 100 Kgs), the second passenger (female) was normal (approx 55 - 60 Kgs) and there was only space for a child in between them. I suggest you take the 3 people who you intend to take on the trip with you to the showroom when you go for a test drive.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
SS

I happenned to visit Kalyani Nexa in Bangalore 2 consecutive days and observed that they were delivering a car on the second day, which I saw on display on the first day. On enquiry, their reaction seems to be like : that is quite normal.

Even though that was not my car, I think the car to be delivered should not be displayed in the showroom for prospective customers to checkout. I have seen it being displayed in other showrooms, but the car would be locked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunsh!nes (Post 3870624)

I see only i20 as a strong competition but owing to higher costs of ownership compared to Maruti's, Hyundai may take a beating (dont want to debate about this, but have heard few Hyundai owners complain of expensive ownership concerns amongst my circle who own both brands).

Are Hyundai service costs really steep as compared to a Maruti? I own a 2007 Alto so if anyone can enlighten me about the service costs for Swift/Swift Dzire Vs the Elite I20 that would be really helpful.

Also the spare wheel in the Baleno is a 15 inch rim when compared to the other 4 wheels which are 16 inch (talking about the top variant). Will this not impair driveability when faced with a puncture? Guess the spare wheel is only for the purpose of taking the car to the nearest puncture repair shop:D. I have checked with the Elite I20 and the steel rims are of the same size as the rest of the 4 wheels. I guess this is the case with the other manufacturers as well. Please let me know if I am wrong here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adutta2k (Post 3872256)
Also the spare wheel in the Baleno is a 15 inch rim when compared to the other 4 wheels which are 16 inch (talking about the top variant). Will this not impair driveability when faced with a puncture? Guess the spare wheel is only for the purpose of taking the car to the nearest puncture repair shop:D. I have checked with the Elite I20 and the steel rims are of the same size as the rest of the 4 wheels. I guess this is the case with the other manufacturers as well. Please let me know if I am wrong here.

It does impair the drive. 3 of the wheels would be of a different dimension from the 4th one and hence the speed marking of 80kmph on the tire. In any case, it is advisable to use the spare wheel only until you get the regular tyre repaired.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adutta2k (Post 3872256)
Are Hyundai service costs really steep as compared to a Maruti? I own a 2007 Alto so if anyone can enlighten me about the service costs for Swift/Swift Dzire Vs the Elite I20 that would be really helpful.

I am not sure of exact numbers but ownership costs in the long run have been said to be higher than Maruti's. I will see if I can get some info.

Quote:

Attachment 1450785

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik_kapur (Post 3871704)

Superb wheels :thumbs up must say changed the way the car looks entirely a new character !!!