Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2017, 19:18   #1696
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

So just a question to all the Baleno CVT owners. What's the realistic milage you are getting in city conditions and a little feedback on the usage and CVT performance will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
SPARKled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 14:44   #1697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
So just a question to all the Baleno CVT owners. What's the realistic milage you are getting in city conditions and a little feedback on the usage and CVT performance will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Mileage varies between 12 to 14 kmpl in city (with 100% A/C).

CVT Performance as you might already know is not that great. It's meant for folks with light foot.

If you are looking for a spirited driving experience in Automatic then DSG is the way to go. This is purely from my experience of driving a CVT for the last 6 months.

I have been driving cars with Manual transmission for the last 20 years.

All I can say is 'There's no match for Manual transmission ' It gives you complete control of the vehicle.
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 15:52   #1698
BHPian

Guys, I am in a little state of confusion. My service works manager has made his attempt to procure the engine oil that I specified to him.

He brought SHELL HELIX HX8 AZ SL 0W-20 FULLY SYNTHETIC MOTOR OIL.

Whereas the pic I got from teambhp forum and in Google is

SHELL HELIX HX8 AZ SM 0W-20 FULLY SYNTHETIC MOTOR OIL.

I went through Baleno car manual and there is written as SL range of oil.

Does Shell has 0w-20 SL oil?. Or should I doubt it to be any fake one?

Should I go for it?

Your advice in this highly appreciated.
Old 2nd February 2017, 15:00   #1699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashyapz8055 View Post
YES, Projectors of Alpha will work in Zeta without any errors.

You need an H4 to Bi-Xenon wiring harness and a connector as shown in this site.
http://www.wiringspecialties.com/1jo2seco.html
Wiring Diagram (Open the image in New Tab to view it in full resolution)

Cheers !!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-hid.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-h4_hi_lo_3.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-screenshot_20161116184726.jpg  

kashyapz8055 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 17:10   #1700

Hi all
Looking for suggestions here. We are looking at Baleno Automatic, basically as a car for my wife. A little confused between the Zeta and the Delta. The way I see it the real deal between the two variants are driver seat height adjustment, the alloy wheels and the U/V cut glass. The remaining differences are more cosmetic in nature. Difference in price is about 62K between the two variants.
What would other members here suggest?
An additional question, does it make sense to go with the OEM tyres or should I consider an upsize? If yes to the upsize, what would be the correct size?
Old 2nd February 2017, 17:21   #1701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joserajesh View Post
Hi all
Looking for suggestions here. We are looking at Baleno Automatic, basically as a car for my wife. A little confused between the Zeta and the Delta. The way I see it the real deal between the two variants are driver seat height adjustment, the alloy wheels and the U/V cut glass. The remaining differences are more cosmetic in nature. Difference in price is about 62K between the two variants.
An additional question, does it make sense to go with the OEM tyres or should I consider an upsize? If yes to the upsize, what would be the correct size?
Go for the delta if you are stretching your budget for the zeta and are not worried about bells and whistles the car has to offer. The delta has sufficient features that are more than enough for general usage, you lose out only on some of the luxury features. However if your comfortable with budget then choose the zeta itself. You get almost all the bells and whistles and its as good as a top end variant. And as for the tyre the OEM ones should be suffiecient for general usage. Even for the delta an upsize would not be needed IMO.

Last edited by blackbandit : 2nd February 2017 at 17:23.
Old 2nd February 2017, 22:31   #1702
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all
Looking for suggestions here. We are looking at Baleno Automatic, basically as a car for my wife. A little confused between the Zeta and the Delta.
I would suggest to opt for delta. Only deal breaker thing i see is UV cut glass and fog lamps. Fog lamps can be easily from outside. Regarding alloy wheels, i never liked the design of what they offer on Baleno, if you still want, then opt the one provided in Vitara Brezza or Ciaz. Other wise you can get many options outside.
Old 3rd February 2017, 00:22   #1703
Senior - BHPian

You haven't mentioned budget constraints, so I assume it is not an issue.

Go for the higher version. I remember reading in this review that the UV cut glass are better than usual ones. Also, the seat height adjustment is a must-have feature for vertically challenged drivers. Don't think of how you can save the 62k, you will anyways recover big part of it at the time of resale.

Unless of course, you are stretching your budget too much already. Then and only then go for the lower version.

Quote:
Hi all
Old 3rd February 2017, 11:48   #1704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Regarding alloy wheels, i never liked the design of what they offer on Baleno, if you still want, then opt the one provided in Vitara Brezza or Ciaz.
Vitara Brezza alloys are not compatible with Baleno.

The alloy wheel specs for Baleno is 4 Bolt and 100 mm PCD and for Brezza it's 5 Bolt and 114.3mm PCD.
Prodigy07 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 12:37   #1705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Vitara Brezza alloys are not compatible with Baleno.
my bad i didn't noticed that and i was drooling over those alloys and thought of going for those for my baleno too.
Old 3rd February 2017, 20:01   #1706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A little confused between the Zeta and the Delta. The way I see it the real deal between the two variants are driver seat height adjustment, the alloy wheels and the U/V cut glass. The remaining differences are more cosmetic in nature. Difference in price is about 62K between the two variants.
Delta is good VFM option only if there is a budget concern. Else ZETA is a better option. Keyless entry, button start, 16 inch wheel, 195 section Apollo alnac tyres, and subtle changes in interior and exterior trim gives a slightly premium feel in Zeta.

The day NEXA changes alloy wheel design, ZETA will sell more.
Old 3rd February 2017, 23:06   #1707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohiT Nonu View Post
Guys, I am in a little state of confusion. My service works manager has made his attempt to procure the engine oil that I specified to him.

He brought SHELL HELIX HX8 AZ SL 0W-20 FULLY SYNTHETIC MOTOR OIL.

Whereas the pic I got from teambhp forum and in Google is

SHELL HELIX HX8 AZ SM 0W-20 FULLY SYNTHETIC MOTOR OIL.

I went through Baleno car manual and there is written as SL range of oil.

Does Shell has 0w-20 SL oil?. Or should I doubt it to be any fake one?

Should I go for it?

Your advice in this highly appreciated.
Hi Rohit, SL, SM and SN are the API oil grades for gasoline engines with SL being the oldest in the order of SL being the newest and the current grade.SM grade oil is the higher grade oil than that of SL grade. SL being an older grade, anything beyond it will be advisable and will be compatible with the engine(as per the manual). 0w-20 IMO would not be suitable for Indian road conditions.I have been using Helix Ultra 5W-40 for my cars be it petrol or diesel and they are working great.
thanks!
Old 4th February 2017, 17:39   #1708
BHPian

I got a call yesterday from a Senior Relationship manager asking whether I'm interested in taking the delivery of my car in the coming lot and I had confirmed with him. As per him the car is expected to be dispatched from the factory around the 9th of this month.
I made my booking on 12th of September for a Delta CVT (Ray Blue). So that makes it 5 month wait.
Hope there's no further delay!!
Old 4th February 2017, 20:26   #1709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
I got a call yesterday from a Senior Relationship manager asking whether I'm interested in taking the delivery of my car in the coming lot and I had confirmed with him. As per him the car is expected to be dispatched from the factory around the 9th of this month.
I made my booking on 12th of September for a Delta CVT (Ray Blue). So that makes it 5 month wait.
Hope there's no further delay!!
Don't worry dude, am closely following you. 4 months of waiting period from 8th of October, 2016. Still not even the slightest clue from my SA and Senior Relationshp Manager. Never expected that the waiting period could be so painful. NEXA Pasco, Gurgaon, is turning out to be a bad choice for me. No updates and no proper response to follow-ups.

My NEXA Experience has so far been ultra and premium flop.
Old 5th February 2017, 11:30   #1710
BHPian

Recently noticed that when I cross 120 kmph the steering starts to shudder. What could the problem be ? Wheel balancing ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks