Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2017, 18:55   #1786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Congratulations on your car.

The boot issue can be because of these protruding rubber cushions. You can rotate it clockwise/anticlockwise to set how much they protrude. Please rotate it clockwise on both sides so that they go inside a bit. Also make sure their length outside is the same on both sides. I believe your boot issue will get resolved.
Attachment 1612709

Do keep us updated.

Regards,
Shashi
Thanks for the suggestion Shashi. Tried that, even removed those rubber bushes, but didn't help.
Also it doesn't look too be an issue with the hydraulic struts.
I'm suspecting the lack of lubrication in the lock mechanism is hampering the functioning. I'll be getting it checked tomorrow at the service centre as it's taking me at least 2 to 3 efforts to get it closed every time
Old 24th February 2017, 19:04   #1787
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
I'll be getting it checked tomorrow at the service centre as it's taking me at least 2 to 3 efforts to get it closed every time
Check if the lock set and striker are in line to each other or no.

I had this issue initially on my Swift. Local denting guy sorted out out within 3 minutes. Now it locks in place when released from a few inches.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 19:04   #1788
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion Shashi. Tried that, even removed those rubber bushes, but didn't help.
Also it doesn't look too be an issue with the hydraulic struts.
I'm suspecting the lack of lubrication in the lock mechanism is hampering the functioning. I'll be getting it checked tomorrow at the service centre as it's taking me at least 2 to 3 efforts to get it closed every time
In addition to the lubrication of the locking mechanism, kindly ask the body shop guys at your MASS to check the striker-lock alignment.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th February 2017, 14:05   #1789
BHPian

Here is a video on the new BoosterJet Engine on Baleno RS along with a QA session.
anthiltg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 14:56   #1790

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Wow. I stand corrected. This is actually a very pleasant surprise. A sub 10L hatchback with xenon lights is the first time ever.

I am also equally shocked because Maruti does not mention xenon or HID's anywhere. They simply say projector lights with LED DRL's. On the other hand for the S-cross they mention it as part of features and under the safety as HID lights:

From the brochure of S-cross:

So why is this important and very expensive feature kept a secret and not advertised?
So does that mean the Ignis 'Alpha' has a bi-Xenon HID unit as well? There is no separate reflector for high beam either.
Old 3rd March 2017, 14:59   #1791
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihirgadre View Post
So does that mean the Ignis 'Alpha' has a bi-Xenon HID unit as well? There is no separate reflector for high beam either.
Ignis Alpha actually has LED lights (bi beam). Even higher than what the Baleno has!
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 11:32   #1792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihirgadre View Post
Ignis has LEDs, which are an even better technology that is slowly replacing HID as the state of the art. Of course, this is a hotly debated topic on lighting forums, and the true state of the art might be laser-based headlamps (that are super-expensive) but that is in general where things stand today. I'm no expert on this, but I think with LEDs the lighting elements themselves are capable of throwing focussed light so unlike halogen or HID there is less need for projectors.

Also, the type of HID used on the Baleno and most budget cars are the 25W ones and lack a bit of power relative to the higher end 35W ones (that in some countries require a headlamp washer by law).

So the Baleno HID is impressive for it's segment but it's main advantage is hassle free usage with little need to change bulbs etc for the life of the vehicle, rather than exceptional performance.

Last edited by chncar : 4th March 2017 at 11:34.
Old 4th March 2017, 12:10   #1793
BHPian

Sooo, got my Baleno Alpha delivered to me last wednesday and calamity has stuck.

1-One of the smart keys was not working.
2-Steering wheel not willing to return to the center whenever i am making a turn.
Anyone else faced any issues like these? Suggestions welcome on my next course of action!!
PS: Car is currently in the workshop and i am waiting on the update.
Old 4th March 2017, 12:21   #1794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spsam View Post
Yes; I noticed the same with my Baleno when I bought it. It had very minimal self-centering. Over time, I have now grown used to it and do not notice it until I drive another car. Other Baleno owners have also reported their observations within this forum and others. It was also reported on a few media reviews - I could retrieve this one from The Hindu (refer last sentence on fourth paragraph from end of article):
" the steering doesn't return to the centre position, and hence you have to turn it back yourself."
http://www.thehindu.com/features/met...cle7866647.ece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal View Post
I have a Delta petrol Baleno.
A thing that I have noticed is that the Baleno has virtually no self straightening of the front wheels while coming out of a turn - the castor effect - as compared to my Esteem.
As a result, I have to consciously turn the steering to the center position.
Have other esteemed members also noticed this or is it just my car with this issue?
HI Fellow BHPIANS.. i am also facing the same issue with my Baleno and i immediately reported it, since it was causing havock in city driving when i had to take U turns, also going by my travel plans i will be driving mostly in hilly regions and if the steering is not self centering it might turn out to be fatal.

Did the Maruti guys got the issue solved in your cases? This experience has agonized me a lot. Just shows what kind of Quality Checks Maruti Suzuki does on the cars before delivery.
Old 4th March 2017, 13:31   #1795
BHPian

True. Even the steering in my baleno doesn't return to centre after accomplishing a u-turn. I feel it's a design problem not addressed by Maruti Suzuki in the production ready cars.
I see many owners of Baleno worrying about the same. Let's put this question the other way.

Do anyone who owns a Baleno are enjoying the privilege of their car steering wheel returning to centre after accomplishing a turn?

If yes, then please share whether this was available from the delivery of your car or whether you have got it rectified from the M.A.S.S in later point of time?
Old 4th March 2017, 17:19   #1796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinrawatdun View Post
My parents just took delivery of a Baleno Zeta CVT on 1st March. Right now my mom has gone shopping, and when she returned to the parking and tried to start the car, it is giving an error of "FOB not detected"

I read online that other brands have an option of "touching" the FOB to the start button/any other place to momentarity charge it and allow the car to start.

Can anyone advise me on whether the Baleno has this? If yes, where/how should one contact the fob ?

*Praying to God someone sees this and responds soon*
kaushik60 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 17:22   #1797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik60 View Post
My parents just took delivery of a Baleno Zeta CVT on 1st March. Right now my mom has gone shopping, and when she returned to the parking and tried to start the car, it is giving an error of "FOB not detected"

I read online that other brands have an option of "touching" the FOB to the start button/any other place to momentarity charge it and allow the car to start.

Can anyone advise me on whether the Baleno has this? If yes, where/how should one contact the fob ?

*Praying to God someone sees this and responds soon*
Keep the key at the center (near hand brake) and try. I had faced this issue couple of times initially
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 19:45   #1798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik60 View Post
I read online that other brands have an option of "touching" the FOB to the start button/any other place to momentarily charge it and allow the car to start.
Yes, place the remote on the start/stop button for a second or two and the error will go away. The error will come up if the sensor is not able to detect the remote due to some obstruction or if the remote is 2 meters away from the request sensors or the remote's battery is weak, unlikely in a new one.

The remote will also malfunction is the there are other forms of strong radio waves.

All the information about the remote's functions is mentioned in the manual, read it.

Quote:
Replace the battery, if it is still not functioning then get a replacement.

Quote:
2-Steering wheel not willing to return to the center whenever i am making a turn.
Yes, common complaint with a lot a owners including me, dunno how it can be resolved and haven't read anything about other owners getting it fixed.
tjacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 03:50   #1799
BHPian

NEXA Car Configurator now lists black alloys and wheel covers for the Baleno. Even the base Sigma looks sweet with black alloys or even wheel covers. Ironically this design looks much better than the one in Baleno RS
Alloy wheel Black - Rs. 21160
Alloy wheel Silver - Rs. 20760
Wheel cap Black - Rs. 1960
Wheel cap Silver - Rs. 1960

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-baleno-black-alloys.png

P.S. - The Sigma variant shown in the configurator page has the same grill as other variants, any idea if this is a new change or just a goof up? For Ignis it is showing different grill for different variants.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-sigma-new-grill.png
Old 7th March 2017, 06:27   #1800
Senior - BHPian

Any official review for the new baleno RS in the offing?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks