Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2017, 16:23   #1816
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbrahw View Post
Not much accessories required other than that. Added seat covers, mats (carpet + transparent on top), mud flaps, body coloured side strips on doors, steel strip on the lower part of the rear hatch and an electronic air pump to take care of the occasional flat tyre.
I too have booked Baleno Zeta CVT - white - Your feedback from a owner's point of view was very informative. As you mentioned you had opted for several accessories out of one is the body coloured side cladding for the doors, so that means If I opt for the same, would I get a white coloured one with the steel strip?
Old 20th March 2017, 17:14   #1817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashi4877 View Post
If I opt for the same, would I get a white coloured one with the steel strip?
As far as I know, white, silver & Black are the 3 colors in which the body side moulding is available.
All colors have a chrome strip in the center.
Old 20th March 2017, 17:55   #1818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so that means If I opt for the same, would I get a white coloured one with the steel strip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
As far as I know, white, silver & Black are the 3 colors in which the body side moulding is available.
All colors have a chrome strip in the center.
During my booking as well as on Delivery Day on December 29th 2016, some cars were being fitted with these chrome side strips/moulds.

My RM asked if I want the same one on my car, I said no. Then I was looking at 2 cars being fitted with these, they were Orange & Red Baleno's. I could clearly see the top & bottom portion being body colored. While the center portion was chrome as expected.

I Cross checked with RM & he said strips can be had of all 7 colors available in Baleno. Since I didn't wanted that on my car, I didn't take pictures.

I guess you should check with your RM & get the strip of your color choice if you intend to get it fitted.
Old 20th March 2017, 22:13   #1819
BHPian

Quote:
I too have booked Baleno Zeta CVT - white - Your feedback from a owner's point of view was very informative. As you mentioned you had opted for several accessories out of one is the body coloured side cladding for the doors, so that means If I opt for the same, would I get a white coloured one with the steel strip?

Yes please. Go for the body coloured ones with steel strip in the centre. Looks good. Am also planning to change the front grill with the one in RS as soon as the same is available in the workshop. I checked with Maruti regarding the Alpha headlights with DRL's to be fitted on Zeta and they said it is not possible. Checked with a Maruti Spare parts distributor who says he can give me the part but can't comment if it can be fitted to the Zeta. Don't want to experiment with options away from authorised dealerships since I take extended warranty with my cars and sell the cars after completing 4 years irrespective of the mileage and going for an unauthorised alteration especially electrical will void my warranty.
Old 20th March 2017, 23:26   #1820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I checked with Maruti regarding the Alpha headlights with DRL's to be fitted on Zeta and they said it is not possible. Checked with a Maruti Spare parts distributor who says he can give me the part but can't comment if it can be fitted to the Zeta
One BHPian has got the conversion done on his Baleno Zeta. Click on Below links to read those posts.

Link 1

Link 2
CarguyNish is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 12:38   #1821

Dear fellow Bhpians,

I own a Baleno Zeta petrol for 10 months and have only managed an odo reading of 2200 kms. I mostly use it for my daily office commute in moderate to high traffic. As of now I have only managed a mileage between 12-13 kmpl . Which is way low than what is expected from this car. The service guys don't have any convincing replies for the same. Is there anything I can do to get a better average or is anyone facing similar issue?

Requesting your valuable inputs. Thanks in advance.
Old 21st March 2017, 12:59   #1822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohit15 View Post
Dear fellow Bhpians, As of now I have only managed a mileage between 12-13 kmpl . Which is way low than what is expected from this car.
In City driving, the average you are getting for a Petrol car is normal. Even though claimed FE is 21.4 kmpl, one never really gets those kind of figures in City conditions.

Using Light foot & reducing braking is the only way to gain more efficiency.
Old 21st March 2017, 13:11   #1823

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
In City driving, the average you are getting for a Petrol car is normal. Even though claimed FE is 21.4 kmpl, one never really gets those kind of figures in City conditions.
Thanks CarguyNish, for your response. Yes, I am not expecting that kind of figure but as per the showroom guys the average FE as per customer feedback is 15-16 kmpl for Baleno. I am not sure about their driving conditions but a bit anxious whether there is something wrong with my car.
Old 21st March 2017, 14:06   #1824
BHPian

Hi Folks!

A friend of mine booked a Baleno Zeta (petrol) - Automatic variant in October'16 at NEXA dealership on ORR (opposite to EMC). However, the delivery hasn't happened yet. My friend has continuously been following up with the dealer, but to no avail.

So, wanted to understand is the wait time for Baleno is this high. Close to 6months now.

Regards
Saurav
Old 21st March 2017, 14:51   #1825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
Hi Folks!

A friend of mine booked a Baleno Zeta (petrol) - Automatic variant in October'16 at NEXA dealership on ORR (opposite to EMC). However, the delivery hasn't happened yet. My friend has continuously been following up with the dealer, but to no avail.

So, wanted to understand is the wait time for Baleno is this high. Close to 6months now.

Regards
Saurav
Yes, 6 Months Waiting quoted for CVT variant is true. Last Saturday, I with my friend had gone to local 2 NEXA Dealers. He was seeking a replacement for his 2011 Polo Petrol. I took him to get the First Look of Baleno. He was impressed by it & I asked him to look at CVT.

He was keen on that, we asked for TD. It was readily available, he drove it for 10 kms. He was impressed with refinement & response.

We asked RM, the waiting period for CVT variant. He told 6 months. I asked, can you get it sooner if we give color options ? He said they will try & give it in 4 months. My friend is in 2 minds, should wait or shouldn't wait or search for other options. He hasn't confirmed anything since that day.

Once the Gujarat Plant starts functioning fully, post that if the Waiting period doesn't reduce, then I can call this as gimmick.
Old 21st March 2017, 15:14   #1826
BHPian

Quote:
Wow !
That looks like the Alpha variant. Many congrats. How I curse these folks for not making the CVT available in Alpha variant. Still looking for an option from Maruti for switching the headlights on my Zeta CVT to the ones in Alpha. The DRL's really look cool. For now, I intent to switch the grille of my 4 month old car with the one launched in the RS variant. While I liked the new front bumper of the RS, feel the rear bumper of the non RS Baleno looks better.
Quote:
Yes, 6 Months Waiting quoted for CVT variant is true. Last Saturday, I with my friend had gone to local 2 NEXA Dealers. He was seeking a replacement for his 2011 Polo Petrol. I took him to get the First Look of Baleno. He was impressed by it & I asked him to look at CVT.

He was keen on that, we asked for TD. It was readily available, he drove it for 10 kms. He was impressed with refinement & response.

We asked RM, the waiting period for CVT variant. He told 6 months. I asked, can you get it sooner if we give color options ? He said they will try & give it in 4 months. My friend is in 2 minds, should wait or shouldn't wait or search for other options. He hasn't confirmed anything since that day.

Once the Gujarat Plant starts functioning fully, post that if the Waiting period doesn't reduce, then I can call this as gimmick.
My friend is also not fixed on a color as such. But still the dealer hasn't committed any delivery date.

He is now in two minds, whether to cancel this booking and go for Vento, or wait for delivery. This is his 1st car and since running would be on the lower side (roughly 1000kms approx per month), i suggested him to TD Vento 1.6 Petrol.
Old 21st March 2017, 15:20   #1827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
My friend is also not fixed on a color as such. But still the dealer hasn't committed any delivery date.

He is now in two minds, whether to cancel this booking and go for Vento, or wait for delivery. This is his 1st car and since running would be on the lower side (roughly 1000kms approx per month), i suggested him to TD Vento 1.6 Petrol.
If dealer is non committed, try other dealers. Ask them if they can allot your friend car since color isn't a priority. They will definitely be having stocks, even if they don't have they will be getting them in early & late part of each months.

If this trick didn't work, then your friend needs to wait till he gets one.

Regarding other option you have suggested, Vento 1.6, apart from offers, that version doesn't make sense according to me. Because you can get much better & more advanced 1.2 TSI equipped Vento at a slight premium. That's a much better option.

But since your friend is buying his 1st car, I will recommend him to stick with Hatchback for some initial years. Next car can be a Sedan/Compact SUV.

Last edited by CarguyNish : 21st March 2017 at 15:23.
Old 21st March 2017, 15:59   #1828
BHPian

Quote:
Dear fellow Bhpians,

I own a Baleno Zeta petrol for 10 months and have only managed an odo reading of 2200 kms. I mostly use it for my daily office commute in moderate to high traffic. As of now I have only managed a mileage between 12-13 kmpl . Which is way low than what is expected from this car. The service guys don't have any convincing replies for the same. Is there anything I can do to get a better average or is anyone facing similar issue?

Requesting your valuable inputs. Thanks in advance.
No worries Will improve for sure. Even I was quite skeptical with the same issue. I wasn't having anything more than 13kmpl. I even worried if there was any problem with my car. But sooner or later, the mileage improved as I kept hope and drove the car following the engine break-in principles and with reduced breaking frequency.

However, it's hard to expect good mileage figures in heavy bumper-to-bumper city traffic but yeah for the usually normal city driving mileage can be expected further. Make sure you are there while your car is being serviced as M.A.S.S. Ensure with the oil change grade while they change as your 3rd service is almost approaching. Do present your car with some vacations (Longdrives).

Cheers as you Steer. Happy Balenoing.
rohiT Nonu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 16:31   #1829
BHPian

Quote:
We asked RM, the waiting period for CVT variant. He told 6 months. I asked, can you get it sooner if we give color options ? He said they will try & give it in 4 months.
I had booked my Baleno Zeta CVT on 5 December 2016 at BRD Thrissur, till to date no updates from their side. Last when I called on 15 March 2017, they mentioned that they are attending to the bookings made in September 2016. No idea how far this is true.
Old 21st March 2017, 17:13   #1830
BHPian

Quote:
I am not expecting that kind of figure but as per the showroom guys the average FE as per customer feedback is 15-16 kmpl for Baleno. I am not sure about their driving conditions but a bit anxious whether there is something wrong with my car.
15-16 kmpl is what you get when you drive in a combination of free roads and moderate traffic.

While it may not be exactly correct, a simple way of validating the mileage in CVT is observing the rpm at which you are driving:
- Engine idles at around 800 rpm
- While driving sedately with constant acceleration, the engine is aroun 1000 rpm at speeds between 40 to 60 kmph
- While cruising sedately at 100 kmph, the rpm is around 1300-1400

So effectively, when you are waiting at a signal, you are almost burning enough fuel which can help you travel at 40 to 60 kmph.

Also, in stop-go traffic, the rpm moves to around 1800 while starting off the line and then settles at a level based on the driving habits.

You can monitor this by resetting your Avg kmpl display and try to correlate it with your driving style. The Avg efficiency gives a good picture of when the mielage reduces and when it increases. You can monitor this during your daily commute.

Instantaneous efficiency is something I don't rely upon as I feel it is too random.

Last edited by dheepak10 : 21st March 2017 at 17:14.
dheepak10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks