Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2017, 17:58   #1831
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

What is the average waiting period for Baleno Petrol in Bengaluru these days?

A colleague needs the Zeta variant in Granite Gray colour at the earliest possible date - for his brother's marriage. His booking in Suraksha seems to be taking forever to be delivered. Another colleague, having booked at Kalyani, is waiting for over three months.

Any pointers regarding ready stock/possible delivery times from Nexa outlets anywhere in Karnataka would be welcome.
Old 21st March 2017, 18:43   #1832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Any pointers regarding ready stock/possible delivery times from Nexa outlets anywhere in Karnataka would be welcome.
One thing I can suggest is,

Try & call the Dealers present in other cities. You have 7 Dealers whom you can call & tell them your requirement. Please be firm with whatever you say & also give them time limit to reply back.

Clearly mention them that you want (Use want rather then need) a Grey Baleno Zeta Manual. They will be telling the Waiting period & also when do you want the car.

Since your friend wants it before next month. Ask the RM to confirm whether they have ready stock of required Color/Model. Again you have to be strict with time. If they call you back within 15-30 minutes, you'll be definitely getting one. If not, bad luck.

Actually, if the customer is strong, the dealer will definitely oblige him & this will make sure both the customer (In Need of Car) & Dealer (In need of money) stay happy.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 13:36   #1833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkat1 View Post
For Sigma & Delta charging around 21k for the alloys makes sense. However, I find it very illogical to charge the same fortune for the higher two models. Don't they come with factory fitted alloys?
I think these black alloys, wheel covers are only targeted towards Sigma & Delta customers. Zeta & Alpha have 16" wheels but Sigma & Delta have 15", so these alloys are not compatible with the stock tyres of Zeta & Alpha. 21k for the alloys + price of 4 new 15" tyres - buyback price for old alloys & 16" tyres (if nexa offers any buyback at all), doesn't makes sense for Zeta & Alpha owners.

Last edited by Debajyoti : 22nd March 2017 at 13:40.
Old 24th March 2017, 12:00   #1834
BHPian

Question to all Baleno CVT owners

Have you driven your vehicles past 4K rpm? How does the engine sound?
Old 24th March 2017, 13:17   #1835
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
If he wants Baleno for sure.. Baleno RS aka Tatkaal edition would be available. But it would cost around 2.5 lakhs more than the Zeta variant he has booked.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 13:58   #1836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
If he wants Baleno for sure.. Baleno RS aka Tatkaal edition would be available. But it would cost around 2.5 lakhs more than the Zeta variant he has booked.
Thanks for the suggestion. But as you have rightly pointed out, RS is at an altogether different level in terms of pricing.

My efforts to persuade him to upgrade from Sigma to Zeta is itself a long story. He will certainly take me off the wedding guest list if I ask him to plonk quarter million rupees more for a gaadi that (to quote his own words) 'has the same engine as an Alto' - the extra bells and whistles under the bonnet notwithstanding.
Old 29th March 2017, 08:13   #1837
BHPian

There are quite a few Baleno CVT owners on our forum but noticed none penned an ownership report yet. Hope someone pushes the accelerator on that one soon
Old 29th March 2017, 09:13   #1838
BHPian

You can add one more to that list

After a wait of around 5 months, my Zeta CVT is scheduled for delivery on this weekend.
Speed.Demon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 09:29   #1839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Content Reactor View Post
There are quite a few Baleno CVT owners on our forum but noticed none penned an ownership report yet. Hope someone pushes the accelerator on that one soon
They are enjoying thier Baleno CVT. The rubber band effect is pulling them back from writing an ownership report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
You can add one more to that list

After a wait of around 5 months, my Zeta CVT is scheduled for delivery on this weekend.
Wow, 5 months, 6 months, etc. It sounds like Women's Maternity Period. After reading this, I can't believe how I got my Baleno in 15 days flat.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 11:56   #1840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
I can't believe how I got my Baleno in 15 days flat.
I would advise folks to make an additional booking in a Tier-2 city too!

That's how I managed to get my Baleno Zeta CVT within a month
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 12:54   #1841
BHPian

Quote:
I'm working on one currently. The pictures are in progress and I'm one "proper" long drive away from the ownership review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
They are enjoying thier Baleno CVT. The rubber band effect is pulling them back from writing an ownership report.
The rubber-band effect is an over-quoted phenomenon . It is only slightly felt when the car is started from idle when the rpm shoots to 2k and settles around 1.5k when the car starts to move; you don't feel it during normal commutes. I have driven on two-lane state highways and power is always available on tap, even without sports mode. Normally one doesn't floor the accelerator when power is needed, even in manual.

Quote:
I can't believe how I got my Baleno in 15 days flat.
It is possible for December delivery. Even in Hyderabad, the showroom where I booked, I know of people, who booked after me, got earlier delivery as they were ready to take a December model.
The SA mentioned that most customers who had booked in August, who were scheduled to get a December delivery, postponed their delivery dates.
It is possible that your SA didnt give the model to the customer next in queue, but gave it to you.
But it is good that you didn't experience the painful wait, especially the last couple of days post the dispatch of the vehicle from the factory .

Last edited by dheepak10 : 29th March 2017 at 13:02.
dheepak10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 13:51   #1842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
I'm working on one currently. The pictures are in progress and I'm one "proper" long drive away from the ownership review.

The rubber-band effect is an over-quoted phenomenon . It is only slightly felt when the car is started from idle when the rpm shoots to 2k and settles around 1.5k when the car starts to move; you don't feel it during normal commutes. I have driven on two-lane state highways and power is always available on tap, even without sports mode. Normally one doesn't floor the accelerator when power is needed, even in manual mode.
Looking forward to your write-up! I'm really glad the rubber band effect is not noticed much. I often downshift when I need to overtake a vehicle. How do you manage quick manouvers or do you patiently follow till a wider gap is available to overtake? Btw, has anyone gone for alternatives to the rear camera that MGA provides?
Old 29th March 2017, 14:17   #1843
BHPian

Quote:
Looking forward to your write-up! I'm really glad the rubber band effect is not noticed much. I often downshift when I need to overtake a vehicle
Clocked 9k on my cvt delta. The rubber band effect is noticed if you are in D mode and floor the accelator. If u drive with a light foot you will never notice it.
shift to L and turn on sports mode to get the same feel as driving in 2nd and flooring the accelator. L is good till 70 kph.
IMHO the so called rubber band effect is not that big a deal.

Last edited by sathish81 : 29th March 2017 at 14:22.
Old 29th March 2017, 14:22   #1844
BHPian

Quote:
I often downshift when I need to overtake a vehicle. How do you manage quick manouvers or do you patiently follow till a wider gap is available to overtake?
From my experience of driving Manual transmission for the last 20 years, planned overtaking is a MUST when using CVT.

I'm still learning to get a feel of CVT since last September.

There are situations where you feel really frustrated -

a) Need to quickly take a U-turn where there's no signal and people never let you take one!

b) Bikers who cut across your vehicle while changing lanes.

This is from my very latest experience. For a change, I drove my Ritz VDi(ABS) to office today on the GST Road, I could immediately feel the difference while negotiating traffic and two-wheelers.

Yes, Automatics gives you the convenience but doesn't give you driving pleasure
Old 29th March 2017, 19:22   #1845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
I'm working on one currently.

The rubber-band effect is an over-quoted phenomenon . It is only slightly felt when the car is started from idle when the rpm shoots to 2k and settles around 1.5k when the car starts to move; you don't feel it during normal commutes. I have driven on two-lane state highways and power is always available on tap, even without sports mode. Normally one doesn't floor the accelerator when power is needed, even in manual.

Agree with you here that the rubber band effect is an over quoted phenomenon. Have never felt short of power. On the contrary feel disc brakes on rear wheels too (aka Baleno RS) would have been great. Have just driven my Zeta CVT about 2900 kms in 6 months. My wife too drives an automatic (Wagon R AMT) which I get a chance to drive while getting it fuelled every weekend, but I simply love the Baleno CVT. Longing to go on a long holiday driving my CVT. Use the sport mode only when my son is looking for a little thrill on an open empty road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks