Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2017, 19:24   #1861
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIX View Post
- Stock ICE - good. Got a 3M acoustic treatment done at the 3M outlet at the UB Mall - BLR. Definitely brought out some deep tones.
How much did the treatment cost and what all does it include?

Thanks in advance!
Old 31st March 2017, 21:23   #1862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
How much did the treatment cost and what all does it include?

Thanks in advance!
I think it cost me around 4k. At 3M - UB City, Bangalore.

What it includes :
- A thick fibrous sound absorbing mat is fixed behind all door pads. This is supposed to prevent echoes/"bad sound reflections" within the hollow of the doors.
- Stiff metallic strips are stuck onto the metal sheet of the doors from the inside using some kind of double sided adhesive strips. Supposed to reduce the "tinny" feel of the sheet metal. Not sure of the exact mechanics but it sure gives you richer base.

Check out my post earlier last year.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4085636

cheers.
CLIX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 22:28   #1863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIX View Post
I think it cost me around 4k. At 3M - UB City, Bangalore.

What it includes :
- A thick fibrous sound absorbing mat is fixed behind all door pads. This is supposed to prevent echoes/"bad sound reflections" within the hollow of the doors.
- Stiff metallic strips are stuck onto the metal sheet of the doors from the inside using some kind of double sided adhesive strips. Supposed to reduce the "tinny" feel of the sheet metal. Not sure of the exact mechanics but it sure gives you richer base.

Check out my post earlier last year.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4085636

cheers.
Hi, does doing this sound damping thing have any effect on the fuel efficiency? I think the sound damping mats and the steel strips would add to the weight of the car, hence asking.
Old 1st April 2017, 09:37   #1864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
Hi, does doing this sound damping thing have any effect on the fuel efficiency? I think the sound damping mats and the steel strips would add to the weight of the car, hence asking.
I doubt it. All put together - Like a small watermelon in the boot!!
CLIX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 20:29   #1865
BHPian

Thanks everyone, Booked my Baleno 1.2 Alpha at OMR NEXA today. Quoted waiting period is 24 weeks.
ashok_lat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 23:00   #1866
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Thanks everyone, Booked my Baleno 1.2 Alpha at OMR NEXA today. Quoted waiting period is 24 weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Content Reactor View Post
Congrats Ashok. I booked my Zeta CVT there too.
Congratulations to both of you for booking this VFM Premium Hatch.

Dear Content Reactor,
Could you please mention the Waiting Period quoted by the dealer ? If you are thinking of getting one quickly, try to give multi color options.
Old 3rd April 2017, 07:33   #1867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Congratulations to both of you for booking this VFM Premium Hatch.

Dear Content Reactor,
Could you please mention the Waiting Period quoted by the dealer ? If you are thinking of getting one quickly, try to give multi color options.
I have also booked a Zeta CVT with OMR Nexa. The standard waiting time being mentioned across all Nexa dealers in Chennai is 24 weeks. The RM at OMR Nexa says that the car would most likely be ready for delivery by 20 weeks, but the additional 4 weeks is like a buffer for them.

I booked on February 5th and the tentative delivery date mentioned in the booking form is August 5th.

Last edited by y2ksrs : 3rd April 2017 at 07:41. Reason: Dates corrected
y2ksrs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 07:52   #1868
BHPian

I was told that the waiting period is 22 weeks. But given that they have a new plant and in case of a booking cancellation, I am likely to get it sooner especially with a less popular like Autumn Orange. My RM is a little lazy though. I need to follow several times. Nexa experience doesnt always trickle down to all RMs.
Old 4th April 2017, 00:53   #1869
BHPian

Need some advice, friends.
My Petrol Baleno is due for the 3rd service on completion of one year on the 18th April wherein the engine oil will be changed.
I, being an old person, have driven just about a 1000kms since purchase.
Qn: Should I opt for a fully synthetic engine oil or does the engine need to be run in for some more kms?
I'll be grateful for advice on this.
Regards
Old 4th April 2017, 01:01   #1870
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal View Post
Need some advice, friends.
My Petrol Baleno is due for the 3rd service on completion of one year on the 18th April wherein the engine oil will be changed.
I, being an old person, have driven just about a 1000kms since purchase.
Qn: Should I opt for a fully synthetic engine oil or does the engine need to be run in for some more kms?
I'll be grateful for advice on this.
Regards
Hello sir,

Please go with the Maruti recommended engine oil : 0W20 for Baleno petrol. Also, make sure that service guys carry out the jobs mentioned in the manual and nothing extra. Engine oil and oil filter change are the main things for 3 Rd free service.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 09:23   #1871

I always reset Meter after doing a Tank Full , yet Fuel efficiency calculated by Tank Full method ( dividing Kms by fuel replaced) always differs from Fuel Efficiency indicated in Infotainment Display
Old 4th April 2017, 09:41   #1872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jateen View Post
I always reset Meter after doing a Tank Full , yet Fuel efficiency calculated by Tank Full method ( dividing Kms by fuel replaced) always differs from Fuel Efficiency indicated in Infotainment Display
This is because the value displayed in the MID is always Indicative & Not Actual Figure. The readings are always Optimistic.

Practically, the Manual Calculation of Tankful Method is the correct one & also more accurate. Never go by the figures shown on MID.

I have Tiago & many Owners have reported & shared Photos of MID showing 30 kmpl. This is definitely for fun & also it shows these kind of figures when the Tripmeter is showing Single Digit Numbers.
Old 4th April 2017, 21:53   #1873
BHPian

There's an annoying little squeaking noise every time my Baleno hits a bump or some other irregularity on the road. Its coming from somewhere in the right side, towards the front of the car. Anyone faced such an issue?
Old 5th April 2017, 00:51   #1874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
There's an annoying little squeaking noise every time my Baleno hits a bump or some other irregularity on the road. Its coming from somewhere in the right side, towards the front of the car. Anyone faced such an issue?
Have you checked the wheel wells and underbody to see if anything is loose and hanging lower than usual?
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 11:43   #1875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Congrats on your Baleno Zeta CVT. Please post few pics.

With respect to the squeaking noise from the front, I suspect its coming from the dashboard. It should be between the Speedometer console and the right most A/C vent.

This is not a perennial problem, but occurs when you negotiate uneven surface.

Also, since your car is from the 2017 batch, do you hear the infamous 'THUD' 'THING' noise from the rear suspension. This sound would come when you go over a speed breaker at very slow speeds. The sound would resemble a loose tool kit placed in the boot. But, the culprit is the rear suspension.
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed