Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2017, 21:25   #1921
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
The dealer is pushing me to make the payment in 7 days failing which they say they will allocate the vehicle to the next person. However they say that the vehicle itself will only reach after 15 days, so basically they want full payment without the vehicle even being in town or a chance to do a PDI.

I don't have an issue with arranging the payment quickly, however I am not really happy about paying in advance for a vehicle that I have not inspected and will not even be in town for 15 days.

The dealer claims that the 7 day payment timeline is from Maruti and that all customers are doing the same as it is an in-demand car.

Any idea about what my options are here and whether I have any choice? Is what the dealer says the normal practice? If I make the down payment and hold the full payment till the car arrives, can they really cancel my allocation?

BTW, I called Nexa support earlier to check if the 'basic accessories' and Nexa loyalty card are mandatory as the dealer claims and they clearly told me it's optional but refuse to commit it in e-mail, instead asking me to call them up from the dealership if they still insist.

The Nexa dealer said the same thing when my Baleno was allotted. Something about a Maruti policy where payment must be done early for cars with a large waiting period. I put my foot down and insisted that I be allowed to do a full PDI before I made the payment. After some dithering about, they relented and I didn't pay anything at all until the PDI was done and I was satisfied.

Regarding the Nexa card and their package, no it's not mandatory. I didn't opt for either of those things. Hope this helps.
Speed.Demon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2017, 10:42   #1922
BHPian

Quote:
The Baleno that I booked on Feb 7th has now been allotted as per the e-mail I received today. So the waiting period has come down below 3 months.

The dealer is pushing me to make the payment in 7 days failing which they say they will allocate the vehicle to the next person. However they say that the vehicle itself will only reach after 15 days, so basically they want full payment without the vehicle even being in town or a chance to do a PDI.

I don't have an issue with arranging the payment quickly, however I am not really happy about paying in advance for a vehicle that I have not inspected and will not even be in town for 15 days.

The dealer claims that the 7 day payment timeline is from Maruti and that all customers are doing the same as it is an in-demand car.

Any idea about what my options are here and whether I have any choice? Is what the dealer says the normal practice? If I make the down payment and hold the full payment till the car arrives, can they really cancel my allocation?

I'm in not any particular hurry to buy a new car and can use my current car for some more time, so canceling and waiting for some newer releases is also something that crossed my mind.

I will call Nexa and check with them as well but I am not happy with the so-called Nexa experience one bit.

BTW, I called Nexa support earlier to check if the 'basic accessories' and Nexa loyalty card are mandatory as the dealer claims and they clearly told me it's optional but refuse to commit it in e-mail, instead asking me to call them up from the dealership if they still insist.
Well,
First of all, dealer not able to give you car immediately after allotment, is itself suspicious. And hence, a PDI is must. The dealer does get option to shift the car to someone else if payment is not made according to the MSIL system. But, dealer has to be ready to deliver the car immediately.

Second, none of the accessories are mandatory. Dealers follow unethical methods to sell of the accessories. My friend was told that basic kit is complimentary but after my suggestion to discuss the on road price in detail, he found out that On Road Price included the cost of basic kit.

The reason for this is pure and simple. The margins on accessories is much more than that in selling cars. For Nexa customers, I recommend to buy after market accessories.

Do call NEXA care Or ask dealer for contact person, in case of any problems.
Ashir is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2017, 13:51   #1923
BHPian

Hi everyone, almost decided to get wife cvt baleno zeta. Miss the Alfa variant in cvt! Why maruti why? Can I get a touch screen hu installed with reverse camera ? Very much needed
Old 7th May 2017, 15:19   #1924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
Hi everyone, almost decided to get wife cvt baleno zeta. Miss the Alfa variant in cvt! Why maruti why? Can I get a touch screen hu installed with reverse camera ? Very much needed
I agree, Maruti's decision to not offer the AT in the fully loaded alpha variant is just moronic. Let us decide what we want to buy, eh Maruti?

I'm not sure whether the Smartplay system from the alpha can be retrofitted onto the zeta, but you can get any aftermarket touch screen HU and add a reverse camera to that. Most accessory shops also have an adapter sort of thing which makes the steering controls compatible with aftermarket HUs, so no issues there either.
Old 7th May 2017, 19:41   #1925
BHPian

Content Reactor, Blackwasp, Deetjohn, Speed.Demon and Ashir:

My sincere thanks for sharing your valuable advice. I will push back with the dealer and Maruti/Nexa in the loop.

So far, from my interaction with the Nexa customer care system though, they do respond promptly but don't get involved directly and do not commit anything in writing. All they do is take my e-mail and ask the dealership to reply, and the dealership of course does nothing other than repeat the same stuff. So the best that can be said about Maruti/Nexa customer care is that they make the dealership respond (which might be useful if one is not getting any response from their end) but leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to the commitment from their end to ensure that customer's are taken care of.
chncar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 14:07   #1926
BHPian

Quote:

Even I got a similar mail from Dealer asking to make the payment in 7 days, when the car was allotted to me, earlier this year. It is up to us to take a stand. In my case, I told them that I will make a token payment of 1 lakh and the remaining will be only paid on the day of delivery after PDI.

They were fine with that. Also, from the dealer's perspective, they are more concerned about those who are taking the car on loan. So, if the customer is able to make a token payment and produce the loan sanction letter, that should be fine I guess.

Also, the basic accessories and Nexa card are not mandatory. I took accessories of my choice and did not go for the Nexa card.
dheepak10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2017, 02:10   #1927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Suzuki Smart Play finally gets Android Auto.

Attachment 1594875

This is from the Ignis but since the unit is same we can expect all new models of S-cross and Baleno to get them too. Maybe the new owners can confirm if they have it or no.

I hope Maruti also gives the old customers an option to upgrade the system and get Android Auto too.
Is there any latest word on this? There is too much of ambiguity. I've shortlisted Baleno & Ciaz along with few others as of now. However, none of them feature Android Auto. Does any BHPian have any information on the same?
Old 10th May 2017, 15:18   #1928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thread moved from the Assembly Line to Official Reviews. Thanks for sharing!

That said, the Hyundai i20 remains the segment benchmark. The difference between the top-end Baleno & Elite i20 is less than Rs. 20,000 (basically...nothing). My pick would be the Elite i20 any which day - it feels a lot more substantial, offers the interior quality of cars priced twice or thrice as much, is far more refined and the diesel (my choice) is a superior engine. No contest.
I agree that the i20 is a better car but I think thats true only for the manual. Automatics are the in thing nowadays and I think theres stiff competition in this space.. Figo DCT vs i20 Torque converter vs Baleno/Jazz CVT.. its a tough choice.

I would pick the DCT but there are reliability issues. Then theres the torque converter but theres the fuel consumption issue. Lastly theres the CVT but theres the rubber band effect problem. And all cars have the perennial problem of not being offered in top trims.

Tough! No clear winner. Or is there?
Old 12th May 2017, 19:07   #1929
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, while discussing about the Baleno's rear ride quality with my RM, he mentioned that there was a suspension change in the Baleno sometime around May 2016. He said that they have been silently changing the shocks with improved ones in customer's cars bought before that time whenever it comes for service.

It's a silent recall, so they aren't making any noise about the same.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th May 2017, 16:37   #1930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Guys, while discussing about the Baleno's rear ride quality with my RM, he mentioned that there was a suspension change in the Baleno sometime around May 2016. He said that they have been silently changing the shocks with improved ones in customer's cars bought before that time whenever it comes for service.

Regards,
Shashi
Interesting. I have been following up with the service center for brake and suspension issues. But to no avail.

They have changed rear drums, cylinders and front pads. Now the squeaking noise has gone. But, I hear grinding noise from the front while braking a little hard and the front wheels are heat up during this time. The service center guys don't seem to understand the issue.

@LeoShashi could you help?
Old 15th May 2017, 20:36   #1931
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon85 View Post
Interesting. I have been following up with the service center for brake and suspension issues. But to no avail.

They have changed rear drums, cylinders and front pads. Now the squeaking noise has gone. But, I hear grinding noise from the front while braking a little hard and the front wheels are heat up during this time. The service center guys don't seem to understand the issue.

@LeoShashi could you help?
I'll ask my SA and RM and revert. Meanwhile, please get the discs and brake pads checked, and caliper pin greased.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 15th May 2017 at 20:44.
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 07:14   #1932
BHPian

Quote:

Regards,
Shashi
Shashi, I got the rear shocks replaced under warranty last weekend. These are 2017 manufacturered ones.

I don't find drastic improvement in them.

Yes, the slight 'Thunk' noise from rear still persists when there are no rear occupants.
Old 16th May 2017, 09:57   #1933
BHPian

Today I was quite astonished to see that there is rusting near the front disc brakes and its surrounding areas of my baleno. I was wondering whether this might create serious problems to me and my mind quickly pondered through the letters "3M" for an Underbody Anti-Corrosion Paint. I do not see any further rusting on the underside of my car but rusting is only present on the internal side of disc brake and on the arm where the wheel is connected to the front axle. However, I get to see many views and posts related to rusting on disc brakes which gets wiped off on running but I couldn't get anything that addresses my issue. Mods, if any such post exists kindly guide me there else help me solve the problem.

Dear BHPians and fellow baleno owners, could you clear my air on..,

1.) Whether this is a serious stuff to worry about?

2.) Is this common with all the four wheel units in the market?

3.) My car is in its second year of purchase and the warranty is still valid. So does this get anything under the warranty from the MASS.

4.) Whether going for 3M-Anti-Corrosion Paint a good alternative?

5.) Has anyone got their baleno done with this 3M Underbody Anti-corrosive paint?

6.) Will this deteriorate in the coming days?

7.) Can this be ignored?

8.) Or is there any DIY that i can take up with?

I am attaching few pics of the rusting for your perusal.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-dsc_0975.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-dsc_0976.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-dsc_0977.jpg  

Last edited by rohiT Nonu : 16th May 2017 at 10:06.
Old 16th May 2017, 11:36   #1934
BHPian

Quote:

Regards,
Shashi
Had a word with the GM- Servicing at RMJ Maruti, Bhopal. He's willing to go on the record to state that there has been no Rear Suspension Recall, for any make of Baleno whatsoever, silent or otherwise. He's even ready to share the internal company reports with me.

I've been experiencing a bone jarring ride quality in my 2016 Baleno Zeta Petrol. Tried every trick in the book, but to no avail. Am I missing something?
Old 16th May 2017, 11:44   #1935
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohiT Nonu View Post

1.) Whether this is a serious stuff to worry about?
Nope, it is quite common as suspension components are often made of cast iron and surface rust is pretty common on it.

Quote:
2.) Is this common with all the four wheel units in the market?
Not all of them but definitely there are other vehicles with similar cast iron disc rotors and suspension components.

Quote:
3.) My car is in its second year of purchase and the warranty is still valid. So does this get anything under the warranty from the MASS.
I do not think MASS will entertain such a thing unless it is having a noticeable crack or deformation.

Quote:
4.) Whether going for 3M-Anti-Corrosion Paint a good alternative?
AFAIK 3M does not go on to coat suspension knuckles / lower arms etc.

Quote:
6.) Will this deteriorate in the coming days?
Less likely.

Quote:
7.) Can this be ignored?
Yes.

Quote:
8.) Or is there any DIY that i can take up with?
You can but it requires professional intervention to remove and refit the suspension components and also you would require to do an alignment post that.
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks