Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2017, 02:01   #2026
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Would something such as rainX be of help here? It's supposed to clean up the glass and also help it repel water easily.
Check it out - going to try it on my cars soon too!
As far as I understand RainX type products, they are effective beyond a certain minimum speed and are also more effective for vehicles that are not aerodynamic.

Since you are probably seeing the fogging at low speeds and the Baleno is pretty aerodynamic, I don't think it will totally solve your problem, might help a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusha View Post
This is exactly what I also wanted to know. Can anybody respond, please? Who sends the allotment emails? The dealer or Maruti?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
What could be the reason of Nexa showroom not sending Allotment emails? It has happened with 2 persons recently and with different Dealers.

The Customers are only informed over the Phone and in spite of requesting an email, they're not sending the same.

Recent allottees can reply, whether they're getting Allotment Letter from Maruti Co. or Nexa Dealer?

Will the Dealer have a free hand to give it to any other customer or manipulate the bookings, If there is no official email?
Dealer sends the e-mails. Insist on an e-mail and if they don't provide one, complain to Maruti as they are up to some foul play if they don't want to communicate in writing.
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 17:15   #2027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Would something such as rainX be of help here? It's supposed to clean up the glass and also help it repel water easily.
Check it out - going to try it on my cars soon too!
I haven't used any such products up till now. If you use any of them, I'll look forward to your feedback on these products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Could be muck accumulation on windshield.What happens after you spray and clean it?
Muck accumulation chances are less since my car is parked in the open and it was raining quite heavily from some time. I think it has some thing to do with the Quality of wipers too. Maruti uses some seriously sub standard quality Wipers even on their so called premium products and they have already started leaving streaks too and due to this, problem is getting worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
With the AC turned on, switch to 'fresh air' mode (turn off recirculation) and if it's auto climate control, dial in 24 or 25 degrees. I've also found that this works better if I'm driving fast rather than stop-go traffic. This is not a full-on solution but it'd help alleviate the problem to a large extent.
Hi Swiftdiesel, I have used almost all those approaches but nothing comes handy. Even i pulled my windows down just to make the temperature difference even.

Last edited by Highh5 : 19th June 2017 at 17:28.
Old 19th June 2017, 17:32   #2028
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
I'm facing the issue of windshield fogging on the outer side in my BALENO
As Swiftdiesel mentioned, this is due to temperature difference.

Clean your windshield of any oily residue first, then adjust the temperature to avoid the fogging issue.

Also, keep air flow speed to minimum till the outside fogging is cleared by adjusting the temperature.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 20:14   #2029
Senior - BHPian

What if we wrap the wheelcap-looking alloy in this manner? Though this is a shoddy ms-paint job, I feel it looks better than alloy wheel design

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-marutibaleno15.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-marutibaleno151.jpg
silverado is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 10:30   #2030
BHPian

Does anybody have any idea on the what the exact wiper blade sizes (Front: D, P and Rear) are for the Baleno?

And am I the only one who has searched the manual from first page to last for this info and cannot find it?

Online searches too are more confusing than anything and less reliable due to the presence of the old (or should we say classic!) Baleno.
Old 21st June 2017, 10:44   #2031
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Does anybody have any idea on the what the exact wiper blade sizes (Front: D, P and Rear) are for the Baleno?
Isn't the rear wiper Blade similar to what is in the Swift?

If yes, IIRC it is 12"
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 11:50   #2032
BHPian

Gave my car for the first service at Varun motors Begumpet. The SA called and is insisting for under body anti-rust coating stating monsoon as a reason. I haven't given a go ahead though. I asked if the air filter can be changed as the place i stay have some bad dusty roads but the SA said it's not required and will be done only on the third service.

Any other pointers ?

Last edited by Abhi_abarth : 21st June 2017 at 11:50. Reason: corrected typo
Old 21st June 2017, 11:58   #2033
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Gave my car for the first service at Varun motors Begumpet. The SA called and is insisting for under body anti-rust coating stating monsoon as a reason.
Hyderabad weather doesn't demand an underbody coating so that is just money making technique. Ignore him.

If you feel the need for change in air filter, insist the SA to do it as you'll be paying for it anyway. If they don't budge, get an air filter yourself from MGP and change it. There is one stockist in Ameerpet near Big Bazaar i presume.

Last edited by a4anurag : 21st June 2017 at 12:10.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 15:43   #2034
BHPian

Hi guys,
I'm planning to buy an automatic within 10 lakhs, and I'm confused between the Dzire Zxi+ AGS and Baleno Zeta CVT. Can anyone who has driven the Baleno CVT tell what mileage does it give (mainly in city) ?
Old 21st June 2017, 16:32   #2035
t18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
They do not change coil springs, but change Gas struts and the difference is noticeable. Bumpiness is gone and suspension is quieter as well.This has changed overall ride quality to a better level, and has resulted in me carrying higher speeds on same roads (earlier had to slow down due to bumpy nature ).
I too wrote to contact@nexaexperience on 31st may regarding my 2016 Baleno Zeta petrol suspension. I got a revert same day asking details of the nearest service center. Its 21st June today and they have not updated me.

I spoke to their customer care quite a few times and they assure I will get an update. But till date I have not.

Can you let me know how long it took for your car's suspension to be replaced after you complained.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd June 2017 at 07:57. Reason: quiet > quite
Old 21st June 2017, 16:50   #2036
BHPian

It's been a month since we brought our Baleno home. My usage is only on weekends. Have done 700 odd KMs thanks to a 400 Km round trip to Basar last sunday. Here is a short write up on the ownership till date.

The car : Baleno 1.2 Zeta (MT)
make month : May 2017
KM covered : 700 approx
Accessories added if any : Door visors, body colored side beeding, floor matting & Biege imitation leather seat covers

The goods:
1. Butter smooth engine, only the tachometer will tell if if the car is idling or off.
2. Space, Space & Space.
3. Loaded with features (except a touchscreen AVN system & parking camera it almost has everything).
4. Balanced suspension, yes mine being the May 2017 make I strongly feel the suspension issue has been corrected. The ride is lot more plush than the 3 demo cars i have driven before the time of booking between sep to nov 2016.
5. Fuel efficiency, my average fuel consumption started from 6 Km (from delivery date) and is hovering around 14 to 16 with ac all the times.
7. A/c chills in no time. UV cut glass comes to rescue.
8. Ingress & Egress. My parents who are 70+ can easily get in and get out of the car.

Negatives:
1. I feel the need for little more power. With 2+ passengers and ac on, the car becomes sluggish and you need to push it hard at times. Not sure if I am the only one feeling that way. :(
2. Brakes are good but could have been better in terms of the bite.
3. Rear seats are almost like benches, would have been nice with some cushioning.
4. I feel the front seats are soft but maybe my body needs to be adjusting so i will watch this closely before coming to a conclusion.
5. Ray blue color is a dust magnet, very hard to maintain (not a complain)

Overall, I will say this is the perfect bang for your buck. Being in a middle class family many of my relatives keep asking why did i spend 8 Lakhs for a petrol car when I could get a wagonr, celerio or swift D. Well, I had my own preferences and priorities and the Baleno was close in meeting those.

I am hoping the car will be smoother and more peppier as I progress.

I would suggest those stuck between the dzire and Baleno to go with the Baleno as there are many features that you won't get on the dzire. The three months waiting period is worth it.

Will keep updating my experiences. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Abhi_abarth : 21st June 2017 at 16:52.
Abhi_abarth is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 19:35   #2037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetgds View Post
Dzire Zxi+ AGS and Baleno Zeta CVT.
One is not like the other, I'll take the smooth shifting CVT gearbox any day over an AGS, which is basically a clunky AMT box. If it pleases you, then test drive them both and make an informed decision.
Quote:
Can anyone who has driven the Baleno CVT tell what mileage does it give
It is almost as same as the MT with the Baleno CVT, ranging between 11-18 from cities to highways.

Last edited by tjacob : 21st June 2017 at 19:38.
tjacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 21:21   #2038

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetgds View Post
Hi guys,
I'm planning to buy an automatic within 10 lakhs, and I'm confused between the Dzire Zxi+ AGS and Baleno Zeta CVT. Can anyone who has driven the Baleno CVT tell what mileage does it give (mainly in city) ?
You can't use mileage as a decision factor between Baleno and Dzire. Practically same, CVT or otherwise from what I have understood. You have to rely on other things like the feel of the transmission, design and features.
Old 21st June 2017, 21:35   #2039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualage View Post
You can't use mileage as a decision factor between Baleno and Dzire. Practically same, CVT or otherwise from what I have understood. You have to rely on other things like the feel of the transmission, design and features.

I know, I'm not going to use mileage as the only deciding factor. I asked because this is some thing I can't know from the specs or even a test drive.
Old 22nd June 2017, 07:45   #2040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18 View Post
I too wrote to contact@nexaexperience on 31st may regarding my 2016 Baleno Zeta petrol suspension.

Can you let me know how long it took for your car's suspension to be replaced after you complained.
Is it a recall? I too own a June 2016 Alpha variant and I am not sure if I am eligible for this replacement. Could you please throw more light on this. Is there VIN range for which the replacement is being done?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks