Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2017, 00:00   #2056
BANNED

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
@a4anurag

I think that they can be done from the MID for alpha and zeta model but not sure if it can be done for delta too
My friend who had a 1.2P Alpha went to MASS to get it done so I thought they need to do it. Didn't know Alpha gets this feature of controlling the number​ of blinks.

Sorry for the wrong information then.

EDIT: May be because he is technically challenged and didn't go through the owners manual he would have gone to MASS for this job. I presume.

Last edited by a4anurag : 24th June 2017 at 00:03.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2017, 01:27   #2057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
My friend who had a 1.2P Alpha went to MASS to get it done so I thought they need to do it. Didn't know Alpha gets this feature of controlling the number​ of blinks.

Sorry for the wrong information then.

EDIT: May be because he is technically challenged and didn't go through the owners manual he would have gone to MASS for this job. I presume.
No, your original info was correct. Here is the relevant section from the manual:

NOTE:
You can customize the setting for the number
of times of flashing of the turn signal
and its indicator. Please ask an authorised
Maruti Suzuki workshop for the customization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
@a4anurag

I think that they can be done from the MID for alpha and zeta model but not sure if it can be done for delta too
You can just turn it on or off in the MID, changing the count needs to be done by MASS.

Last edited by chncar : 24th June 2017 at 01:31.
chncar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2017, 03:04   #2058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Although Cars are different, the Blue Shade of i20 is same as the Urban Blue of Baleno.
Aah, that's exactly what I wanted to know. I like the i20's blue shade, though would've preferred a blue-er, sportier Baleno RS, if that makes any sense. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Under Sunlight, the difference is visible.
This Baleno is ray blue, correct?
Edit: yup, just missed the context of your post. Also, man, that red looks real nice. Maybe we'll just go for that.

Last edited by ach1lles : 24th June 2017 at 03:06.
Old 24th June 2017, 03:48   #2059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ach1lles View Post
Aah, that's exactly what I wanted to know. I like the i20's blue shade, though would've preferred a blue-er, sportier Baleno RS, if that makes any sense. Thanks.
Check out this video of a Ray Blue Baleno RS. Of the two, this is the "blue-er and sportier" shade of blue on the Baleno. Hope it helps

Last edited by shimoo : 24th June 2017 at 03:49.
shimoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2017, 08:55   #2060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimoo View Post
Check out this video of a Ray Blue Baleno RS. Of the two, this is the "blue-er and sportier" shade of blue on the Baleno. Hope it helps
That shade in above video is Urban Blue. The Ray Blue is much darker in comparison to the Bright Urban Blue.

Ray Blue Baleno RS
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-marutisuzukibalenorsfront_827x510_41488637790.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-marutisuzukibalenorsside_827x510_51488637894.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-marutisuzukibalenorsrear_827x510_41488637863.jpg

Fire Red Baleno RS
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-balenorsreviewindia.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-marutisuzukibalenorspics40.jpg
CarguyNish is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2017, 15:49   #2061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimoo View Post

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=U7KU-UPm42Y
No offense, but that is 100% wrong. That is Urban Blue and NOT Ray Blue.

There is a Ray Blue car visible in the background on some of the frames though.

Last edited by chncar : 24th June 2017 at 15:51.
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2017, 21:37   #2062
BHPian

Finally got most of the issues in my 3.5 month old Baleno. Have visited the service centre around 6-7 times in the last 1.5 months. Irritating rattles from dashboard, handbrake area were fixed after multiple attempts. Rear right brake drum was noisy and had to be cleaned and lining replaced - 3 attempts on this issue and now it is under observation by me, though the noise had stopped occurring.

Now the interesting thing - I mentioned about the suspension on the rear right side bring noisy whenever I drive on wet surfaces for a few mins. Without even examination, I was told that the rear suspension would be replaced under warranty. Mine is a Feb 2017 model which is supposed to have the updated suspension.

Later the SA informed me that there is a circular from Maruti informing the service centres to replace suspension for cases where issue is reported, provided the chassis number is in the range given in the circular.

Pls do check with your service centres in case you're having trouble with your rear suspension.

Last edited by dheepak10 : 24th June 2017 at 21:38.
dheepak10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2017, 09:05   #2063
BHPian

Booked zeta petrol on 5 June.
Got allotment on 14 June.
Completed PDI on 24 June.
Taking delivery when pandit permits....
carbookie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2017, 09:21   #2064
BHPian

Can anyone kindly elaborate much clearly about the Pros and Cons of having the suspension getting replaced. I own a Baleno 2016 alpha petrol. Presently I am not hearing any sounds or any technical problem with my Baleno suspension. But not getting it replaced now can effect its future performance? What went wrong with the suspension that came with the car by default? What is the change that was made to the suspension of newly manufactured cars?
Old 25th June 2017, 13:09   #2065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohiT Nonu View Post
Can anyone kindly elaborate much clearly about the Pros and Cons of having the suspension getting replaced. I own a Baleno 2016 alpha petrol. Presently I am not hearing any sounds or any technical problem with my Baleno suspension. But not getting it replaced now can effect its future performance? What went wrong with the suspension that came with the car by default? What is the change that was made to the suspension of newly manufactured cars?
Only Maruti knows the answers to some of those questions, but if you are getting new suspension components after a year of running, for free, why not?
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2017, 16:19   #2066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbookie View Post
Booked zeta petrol on 5 June.
Got allotment on 14 June.
Completed PDI on 24 June.
Taking delivery when pandit permits....

Congrats on the new ride!
Makes me wonder, how come you got allotment so early when everyone else is seeing waiting period of at least 3 months?
Old 25th June 2017, 18:09   #2067
BHPian

Took my Baleno for its 4th service. The Service Advisor said that since it had only been 5,000 km from the last service, no oil change was required.

As usual, they tried to stick me ac disinfection (for 1650/-) which I turned down.

I asked about the suspension change and was told my car already had the modified suspension. Not sure how, as my car is Nov 2015 manufactured.

Overall a good experience, except for the fact that they didn't close the Bonnet properly and as I was in a rush to pick up the car and then reach another appointment, I didn't check.

Since I got the car back, it seems to have a new unlocking sound. It's now beep beep beep (earlier beep beep). The lock sound is still a single beep. Is that a sign of something wrong, or is that normal?

Overall bill was about 3000/-
Old 25th June 2017, 18:10   #2068
BHPian

Anyone who booked their Baleno CVT from OMR Nexa and waiting for delivery on this forum? I booked mine in February and there is absolutely no sign of my car being allotted. I was offered an allotment in May when someone else decided to stall their purchase, but I had to stall it too since I wanted to check the new Dzire before committing on the Baleno. Now that I have decided, there is no word from the dealer as to when my car will be allotted. According to OMR Nexa, there were no allotments of Balenos to them in June as apparently Maruti is stalling allotments due to GST implementation. Sounds total nonsense to me, but can't do anything about it. Is there any way to find out allotment details from Maruti by passing the dealer?

Also, according to my RM, any request off change in color will entail a further 4 week delay in allotment . Is that even true?
Old 25th June 2017, 19:12   #2069
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Since I got the car back, it seems to have a new unlocking sound. It's now beep beep beep (earlier beep beep). The lock sound is still a single beep. Is that a sign of something wrong, or is that normal?
Three beeps during unlocking signals at an attempt to unlock the car or someone has applied force on the car.

Do get it checked.
Old 25th June 2017, 19:23   #2070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post

Overall bill was about 3000/-
I suspect something wrong with the Hood lock. This lock is connected to the security system. If the lock is not pushed properly, the security system triggers 3 beeps. I had similar problem in my Ritz when the front bumper was opened to fix new pair of horns.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks