Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2017, 20:51   #2071
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetgds View Post
Congrats on the new ride!
Makes me wonder, how come you got allotment so early when everyone else is seeing waiting period of at least 3 months?
Actually, if you give options to the dealer, you'll get the car quicker no matter how much waiting period that car commands. Because, ultimately these mass manufactured cars are like that, if it was built on order it would have been different.

I do same thing when I buy a car. I bought a Baleno Petrol for my brother, during booking I had given 5 color options (Orange/Silver/Urban Blue/Ray Blue). I wasn't particular about color, that did help me. After 15 days, the RM called me and informs that Ray Blue Baleno has been shipped, Silver is also available if I want to. Thought about it, and decided on Blue which looks premium & also has highest waiting in that car even now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post

Since I got the car back, it seems to have a new unlocking sound. It's now beep beep beep (earlier beep beep). The lock sound is still a single beep. Is that a sign of something wrong, or is that normal?
That happens when some openable part (Door/Hood/Boot) hasn't been closed properly. Once corrected, the sound will be back to 2 beeps.

Nothing to worry, this happens in every car, just check if any of these parts haven't been closed correctly.

Quote:
Overall bill was about 3000/-
3k Without Oil Change ? Wondering what would be the bill with Oil Change, 5.5k maybe ?
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2017, 23:25   #2072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
No offense, but that is 100% wrong. That is Urban Blue and NOT Ray Blue.

There is a Ray Blue car visible in the background on some of the frames though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
That shade in above video is Urban Blue. The Ray Blue is much darker in comparison to the Bright Urban Blue.

Ray Blue Baleno RS
Thank you for correcting me. I am sorry for contributing to the confusion instead of clearing it. As you pointed out, that is the Urban Blue Baleno, which is the sportier and brighter shade of blue on the Baleno.
Old 25th June 2017, 23:31   #2073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Took my Baleno for its 4th service. The Service Advisor said that since it had only been 5,000 km from the last service, no oil change was required.

As usual, they tried to stick me ac disinfection (for 1650/-) which I turned down.

I asked about the suspension change and was told my car already had the modified suspension. Not sure how, as my car is Nov 2015 manufactured.

Overall a good experience, except for the fact that they didn't close the Bonnet properly and as I was in a rush to pick up the car and then reach another appointment, I didn't check.

Since I got the car back, it seems to have a new unlocking sound. It's now beep beep beep (earlier beep beep). The lock sound is still a single beep. Is that a sign of something wrong, or is that normal?

Overall bill was about 3000/-
Default setting:
When you unlock the car with one press on the request button, it beeps twice and unlocks only the driver door. If you want to unlock all 4 doors press it twice and it does so and beeps three times.

I think these settings are configurable in the MID, i.e whether a single press unlocks driver door only or all doors, and I suspect that is what has happened with your car. Usually the service center guys mess something or the other, on my older car every time they used to reset the clock for some reason.

I suspect that he is just BS'ing you on the suspension being already the modified one, please push back or escalate to Maruti or call some other service station. It is infuriating that people are ready to lie at the drop of the hat just to get out of some work.
Old 26th June 2017, 09:42   #2074
BHPian

Quote:
Actually, if you give options to the dealer, you'll get the car quicker no matter how much waiting period that car commands. Because, ultimately these mass manufactured cars are like that, if it was built on order it would have been different.

I do same thing when I buy a car. I bought a Baleno Petrol for my brother, during booking I had given 5 color options (Orange/Silver/Urban Blue/Ray Blue). I wasn't particular about color, that did help me
Same with me.
I told RM I want car fast.
He asked us to pick specific colours as the waiting was zero in those colours.
carbookie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2017, 11:23   #2075
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the new ride!
Makes me wonder, how come you got allotment so early when everyone else is seeing waiting period of at least 3 months?
The main reason for the faster deliveries is the new plant in Gujarat coming online. The waiting period already went down from 6 months to 3 months, and is bound to reduce further, until the production capacity of the Gujarat plant is saturated, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
Anyone who booked their Baleno CVT from OMR Nexa and waiting for delivery on this forum? I booked mine in February and there is absolutely no sign of my car being allotted. I was offered an allotment in May when someone else decided to stall their purchase, but I had to stall it too since I wanted to check the new Dzire before committing on the Baleno. Now that I have decided, there is no word from the dealer as to when my car will be allotted. According to OMR Nexa, there were no allotments of Balenos to them in June as apparently Maruti is stalling allotments due to GST implementation. Sounds total nonsense to me, but can't do anything about it. Is there any way to find out allotment details from Maruti by passing the dealer?

Also, according to my RM, any request off change in color will entail a further 4 week delay in allotment . Is that even true?
From what I was told when I booked my car:
-Giving up the allotment will result in the waiting period being reset and going back to the back of the queue
-Change of colour would also result in the same and it would be treated as fresh booking.

But this seems to be what the Chennai dealers are doing, it looks like dealers in other cities have been allowing customers to select multiple colours etc so it might be just some dealer-specific bullying rather than Maruti policy.

From my experience so far, the Chennai Nexa dealers are absolutely third rate in their behavior and ethics.
chncar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2017, 12:21   #2076
BHPian

Quote:

That happens when some openable part (Door/Hood/Boot) hasn't been closed properly. Once corrected, the sound will be back to 2 beeps.

Nothing to worry, this happens in every car, just check if any of these parts haven't been closed correctly.

3k Without Oil Change ? Wondering what would be the bill with Oil Change, 5.5k maybe ?
Thanks. The beeps returned to normal. The hood was the problem. After I shut it properly, back to beep beep.

With oil change and new filters, it comes to about 5k. My last service was 3k, but it was a free service. So add 1650 plus tax for the labor.
Old 26th June 2017, 16:56   #2077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
2 days is all it took. In fact the service center was in hurry to close my case, so they requested me to come early.

Write a mail again to contact@nexa, that should hopefully get things rolling.

Thanks for tipping off. Got my suspension upgrade done and now the car is gliding around like a dream. They changed the entire front and rear suspension.
bimbrahw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2017, 17:21   #2078
BHPian

Can someone please confirm whether the infotainment system of new units of Baleno supports Android Auto? Since it is already present in the units of Ignis, I don't think it is an Herculean task to bring it to Baleno also.
Old 27th June 2017, 09:10   #2079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbookie View Post
Same with me.
I told RM I want car fast.
He asked us to pick specific colours as the waiting was zero in those colours.
And what colours did he mention? Please tell me Red is one of them!
Old 27th June 2017, 09:25   #2080
BHPian

Quote:
And what colours did he mention? Please tell me Red is one of them!
Option sequence as suggested by dealer
1. Orange
2. Red

Got allotted orange
carbookie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 10:24   #2081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbookie View Post
Option sequence as suggested by dealer
1. Orange
2. Red

Got allotted orange
Yay! I am planning on buying a Red Zeta CVT for myself!
Old 27th June 2017, 15:07   #2082
Distinguished - BHPian

Had an opportunity to drive a friend's Baleno petrol for 800 km over the weekend, mostly highways and some ghats.

Liked:
  • It was the Delta variant and came reasonably equipped: ABS/EBD, airbags in front, ICE including BT for music/calls, steering-mounted controls.
  • Space is amazing- we chose this car over my Vento for the drive and the rear seat accomodated us better than that would've. Boot snapped up our luggage easily also.
  • K12 engine is super smooth and virtually no NVH percolates in.
  • Gearbox is super-slick and slots perfectly. Clutch is absolute butter!
  • Chuckable enough in the ghats and ride is nothing to complain about.

Disliked:
  • No two ways about this: the car is too damn light. Was getting buffeted about at 100+ in the stormy weather on the return trip. Not a nice feeling.
  • With the car fully loaded, you can feel every bump in the road. Mind you this one was on OE-spec tyres.
  • Steering is way too light for my liking and doesn't firm up nearly enough at speeds.

Overall it was a good trip because of the comfort both as driver and passenger. I actually dozed off in the couple of hours that I wasn't driving, which I normally don't do. Competent highway cruiser though it's at its best in the city.
noopster is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 17:23   #2083
t18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbrahw View Post
Thanks for tipping off. Got my suspension upgrade done and now the car is gliding around like a dream. They changed the entire front and rear suspension.
Did you complain on contact@nexaexperience.com or to the dealer? I have emailed them many times but have not received any update to my complaint.
Old 27th June 2017, 19:10   #2084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18 View Post
Did you complain on contact@nexaexperience.com or to the dealer? I have emailed them many times but have not received any update to my complaint.
Yeah, they typically hide behind the dealer and never respond directly if they can help it. When they do respond they try to drown the customer in bureaucratic nonsense - for example, when I pointed out to them that the e-mail that they sent me for customer registration had their own website name misspelled, they actually had the temerity to ask me for half a dozen details including the VIN number and engine number

Since they have 'Nexa Experience' right in that e-mail ID, they are either being ironic or really truthful when they behave that way

Coming back to your problem, try to locate the territory sales manager or support manager for Maruti Suzuki for your city/region and call them up directly. They are a Maruti employee who at least have some power and capabilities other than reading/writing from a call center script.

Last edited by chncar : 27th June 2017 at 19:14.
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 19:27   #2085
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18 View Post
Give them below details

VIN number of you car and RTO regn number.
Date of purchase, Kms done
Your contact details

They are very prompt and call back with 2-3 hours once a mail has been sent.

Try sending from a different email address this time.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks