Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2017, 13:49   #2086
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

And this happened over the weekend right in front of my house. Didn't see a log and brushed it through my bumper:(

Request suggestions to fix this.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_2630.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_2627.jpg  

Old 28th June 2017, 14:59   #2087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
And this happened over the weekend right in front of my house. Didn't see a log and brushed it through my bumper:(

This would require a repaint of a significant part of the bumper(almost the entire right side). If it's just scratches since its in the lower part you can choose to ignore it or probably get it compounded to lighten the scratch. If you want to get it fixed asap then I would suggest you to take it to a reputed FNG in your city. MASS will overcharge you for this work.
blackbandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 16:36   #2088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
If it's just scratches since its in the lower part you can choose to ignore it
Its hard to ignore, which we all can understand.Try COM-Paint on it.I don't think this scratch requires you to visit anyone.

If you visit MASS, they will ask you to change bumper most probably.
silverado is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 17:36   #2089
BHPian

Quote:

Team bhp stickers can come handy. You can paste a sticker of your like over it. Though might appear a little odd but that's the cheapest trick + you get to boast that you are a BHPian.
CA Dhruv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 13:28   #2090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
Anyone who booked their Baleno CVT from OMR Nexa and waiting for delivery on this forum? I booked mine in February and there is absolutely no sign of my car being allotted. I was offered an allotment in May when someone else decided to stall their purchase, but I had to stall it too since I wanted to check the new Dzire before committing on the Baleno. Now that I have decided, there is no word from the dealer as to when my car will be allotted. According to OMR Nexa, there were no allotments of Balenos to them in June as apparently Maruti is stalling allotments due to GST implementation. Sounds total nonsense to me, but can't do anything about it. Is there any way to find out allotment details from Maruti by passing the dealer?

Also, according to my RM, any request off change in color will entail a further 4 week delay in allotment . Is that even true?
Yes. My dealer in Thane also told me the same. Guess it's a common practise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post

The main reason for the faster deliveries is the new plant in Gujarat coming online. The waiting period already went down from 6 months to 3 months, and is bound to reduce further, until the production capacity of the Gujarat plant is saturated, of course.

From what I was told when I booked my car:
-Giving up the allotment will result in the waiting period being reset and going back to the back of the queue
-Change of colour would also result in the same and it would be treated as fresh booking.

But this seems to be what the Chennai dealers are doing, it looks like dealers in other cities have been allowing customers to select multiple colours etc so it might be just some dealer-specific bullying rather than Maruti policy.

From my experience so far, the Chennai Nexa dealers are absolutely third rate in their behavior and ethics.
I booked a Baleno Delta on May 15th at Nexa Mira Road, Thane and gave three colour options Red, Grey and Urban Blue. The tentative delivery date given to me was October 4th. Two weeks ago the RM called me and said that he is not sure when is he going to get these colours and offered me a choice of White and Silver. He said post colour conformation he will deliver the car within 15 days. I declined and opted to stay with our choice.

The RM further informed that he is not expecting any new stocks in June and his next allotment will happen only after GST implementation and Maruti isn't allotting any cars to them. I spoke with the RM yesterday and he still declines to make a delivery date commitment. He only informed that his next allotment is due in the second week of July and he isn't sure if my allotment will happen then.

So, waiting. Lets see what happens.

Last edited by Yusha : 29th June 2017 at 13:30. Reason: Addition
Old 29th June 2017, 14:13   #2091
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

1. The scratches on the RHS of the bumper can be hidden pretty much with a thorough job with a good quality rubbing compound. Will not fully vanish but will certainly not feel like needles piercing through eyes when you specifically look for those either. Try Formula1 - the most basic one. If you have any good buddies at the MASS or an FNG, ask them to use their industrial grade rubbing compound. They never disclose it, but they have it readily at the workshops & will do a wonderful job in 2 minutes.

2. As for the larger bump/dent in the bottom part of the bumper - I'd recommend you to live with it. Nobody but you is going to notice it at all. Trust me. Rest of your car is sweet enough to keep people drooling .

If you are having sleepless nights - ask the MASS to do a putty job on the punched part of the bumper bottom & paint the RHS half of the bumper again. This is generally doable in <4k (I got full bumper dent buffing, full painting (not half) etc done in 5k at TASS). Again - they'll start with bumper replacement. Just tell them you want half bumper repainting. They'll agree.

Hope this helps.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 17:07   #2092
BANNED

Quote:
I'll say, leave those bumper scratches as it is. There is no point in spending 4-5K for every scratch. Do some rubbing and relax. Once you become older with the car, you will become used to those small ones. Once those scratches become unpardonable after 2-3 years, replace the bumpers and the satisfaction you will get at that time will be much more than what you get now in repainting the bumper.

Same is the case with other parts like steel rims and tyres. Replace them with alloys and better tyres like Michelins after a period of 40K kms. This will rekindle your love towards the car, and that love will be much stronger than the original love towards new car.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 14:40   #2093
BHPian

I have dropped my Baleno Zeta CVT at MSM Chennai for 3rd service today.

I have also instructed the SA to fill Only mineral oil and avoid Wheel alignment/balancing as I prefer to get them done outside.

Regarding the Front/Rear suspension problem, I have sent a lengthy email to NEXA customer care but as expected I haven't received a response from them.

But, I spoke to the AGM works (MSM Chennai) regarding this issue and also showed our Team-BHP official review page wherein few BHP'ians have got the suspension (both front and rear) replaced under warranty. He said he would check and get back to me.

Can any BHP'ian please help me on this issue? Do you have the part numbers of the suspension components that were replaced under warranty. I can probably show this to the AGM and SA and get the issue in my vehicle resolved.
Old 30th June 2017, 18:30   #2094
BHPian

Got my Rear Suspension changed today. The ride is quite smooth post the change. No more 'thuds' for small potholes.

Cost of each suspension is Rs. 2358/-. For me it was covered in warranty.

What I got to know from the SA is that everything about the new suspension is same, except that it is a bit longer than the older ones, and offers more movement without making any noise.

Also, the repetitive rear brake noise issue I had was fixed today.

PS: My ownership review will be out in a couple of days.
dheepak10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 18:46   #2095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
Got my Rear Suspension changed today. The ride is quite smooth post the change. No more 'thuds' for small potholes.

Cost of each suspension is Rs. 2358/-. For me it was covered in warranty.
Thats good to know. Where did you get the suspension changed? I have been planning it for the last 2 months but I was out of India for a month and now I'm in Bangalore for another 3 weeks (with the car as well). My car is being serviced at Varun Motors as of now.

In other news, I had my first long drive in the Baleno while coming to Bangalore. Got a FE of 19kmpl with speeds of around 110-120kmph in the 8 hour drive.
farooq817 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 18:52   #2096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq817 View Post
Where did you get the suspension changed?
The only workshop I have used for service in the last 6 years of my Maruti ownership is Varun Motors, Nanakramguda. The service offered here is quite good IMO.

Quote:
In other news, I had my first long drive in the Baleno
In that context, we are planning for a Hyderabad Drive meet on July 9th either to Srisailam or Kuntala Falls.
You can check the details here
dheepak10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 18:58   #2097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
The only workshop I have used for service in the last 6 years of my Maruti ownership is Varun Motors, Nanakramguda. The service offered here is quite good IMO.

In that context, we are planning for a Hyderabad Drive meet on July 9th either to Srisailam or Kuntala Falls.
You can check the details here
Well, if thats Varun Motors, then the management would be same. I get it serviced at Begumpet since it is close to my office. I can drop the car and go to work.

Regarding the Hyderabad drive, dont think I can make it this time since I'm here in Bangalore on a business trip for the next 2 weeks. May be next time. I can keep a track of that thread or you could PM me the next time.
Old 30th June 2017, 21:50   #2098
BHPian

Getting a baleno delta automatic readily but not in a colour of choice, will have to upgrade to zeta CVT in that case
Is it really worth those extra 68k??
Old 30th June 2017, 23:29   #2099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Getting a baleno delta automatic readily but not in a colour of choice, will have to upgrade to zeta CVT in that case
Is it really worth those extra 68k??
The Delta is great. Unless you really want the touchscreen and alloys, it's not worth waiting for a Zeta.
Old 30th June 2017, 23:30   #2100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
The Delta is great. Unless you really want the touchscreen and alloys, it's not worth waiting for a Zeta.
The Zeta doesn't come with a touchscreen. Only the Alpha does.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks