Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2017, 10:44   #2131
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

I am getting a creaking noise from the rear suspension (primarily from the left side) whenever a slightly deeper undulation on the road is encountered.

And when the road surface is wet and the coil springs get wet while driving, this noise increases and is heard from both side of the rear suspension, even in minor undulations.

I am suspecting the greasing of the place where the coil springs are mounted.

Anyone else facing the same issue?

Also, update on my earlier rear right rubbing noise when brakes are applied - The issue is still unresolved - brakes were completed cleaned, spindle in the wheel assembly was replaced under warranty, but the issue still exists. Now they are saying that they will try changing the rear axle and see if that resolves the noise
Old 19th July 2017, 16:30   #2132
BHPian

I used to have the problem of bouncy/uncomfortable ride on my Baleno delta CVT. I complained to maruti and they replaced the rear shocks/springs. Can someone confirm the part number for replacement is indeed the new one that fixes the issue (attached part numbers from bill)
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-baleno-rear-shocks-replacement.jpg  

Old 19th July 2017, 16:42   #2133
BHPian

I have completed 1600 Km approx so far on my two months old 1.2 petrol. I somehow feel the engine is severely under-powered or is it because i have been driving a palio s10 till the baleno arrived (owned it for a year and half). You have to rev hard and feels like the car comes to life only post 2K rpm mark. This is not a complaint but just want to check if other members feel the same or the engine will become more peppy as i keep adding miles
Abhi_abarth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 17:47   #2134
t18
BHPian

Atlast got the front suspension replaced on my 2016 Baleno zeta petrol. The work was supposed to be done in two hours but took two days. The less I said about the workshop manager the better. I had to escalate to the Regional service manager to get the work done.

The workshop manager said that Maruti has issued a circular about the suspension problem on Baleno's prior to 2017. I asked him to share it but as I said the less I said about him the better.

Has anyone heard about the circular?

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20170716_175330.jpg
Old 19th July 2017, 23:53   #2135
BHPian

No circular so far on suspension issue, but in the 20k service, they replaced fuel filter and assembly and programmed airbag, in fact i have faced weird issues on my baleno ddis,here are those -

1. Gear knob could not be engage to the right slot & finally jammed
2. Paint corrosion on LHS doors, near window beading
3. Clutch pedal goes free and gears couldn't be engaged, some battery acid leak detected which has fallen on clutch hose causing the oil spill (all these in less than 15k kms)

manufacturing defects continue -

4. Car will not start in one or two cranks, finally ASS detected fuel pump fault after 3 days observation & finally replaced

wondering about my situation as the car clocked other side of 40k kms and warranty due

Pathetic quality of new maruti products,
but my swift D was a gem even after clocking 150k kms,
Old 21st July 2017, 09:36   #2136
BHPian

Has anyone been allotted a Baleno Zeta CVT in July? My RM at OMR Nexa is continuing to claim that there have been no dispatches of CVT variants since June and they are waiting to hear from Maruti on with the next set of CVT allotments would begin. I don't quite believe what he's saying, but don't have a way of independently verifying it either!! I had booked my car on February 5th and I'm still waiting for an allotment. The delivery date mentioned during booking was August 5th, but it is looking increasingly possible that I will not be getting my car delivered by then!!
Old 21st July 2017, 16:00   #2137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
Has anyone been allotted a Baleno Zeta CVT in July? My RM at OMR Nexa is continuing to claim that there have been no dispatches of CVT variants since June and they are waiting to hear from Maruti on with the next set of CVT allotments would begin. I don't quite believe what he's saying, but don't have a way of independently verifying it either!! I had booked my car on February 5th and I'm still waiting for an allotment. The delivery date mentioned during booking was August 5th, but it is looking increasingly possible that I will not be getting my car delivered by then!!
it seems to be the same story i got from Nexa in Gurgaon. they said that Maruti is prioritizing production of manual variants and automatics have been pushed back. even i have booked a Zeta CVT which was supposed come within July, but now it is unlikely. add to that i booked Red, which according to Nexa is not much in demand, hence production is even lower
lalittalwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 18:00   #2138
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki introduces CVT transmission in Alpha Variant of Baleno.

Maruti Suzuki India has from today introduced the automatic (CVT) option in the top variant, Alpha – of its premium hatchback Baleno. Priced at Rs 834,052 (Ex-Delhi).

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st July 2017 at 18:07.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 18:05   #2139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki introduces CVT transmission in Alpha Variant of Baleno.

Maruti Suzuki India has from today introduced the automatic (CVT) option in the top variant, Alpha – of its premium hatchback Baleno. Priced at Rs 834,052 (Ex-Delhi),
Wow! Good news for those who have booked Zeta CVT. Please switch over to Alpha variant to jump the queue.

I would have definitely gone for the Alpha variant if it was available last year
Old 21st July 2017, 18:30   #2140
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Wow! Good news for those who have booked Zeta CVT. Please switch over to Alpha variant to jump the queue.
I just called my dealer to change the booking and he tells me this is fake news.
Old 21st July 2017, 19:33   #2141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
I just called my dealer to change the booking and he tells me this is fake news.
The news about CVT Alpha is all over the web. Almost all leading automobile blogs/websites such as Carwale and Overdrive are confirming this. I guess the dealer wasn't aware yet.
Old 21st July 2017, 19:59   #2142
Oxy
BHPian

If only Honda can wake up now and launch the Jazz VX CVT. That will be a seriously sweet offering.
Old 21st July 2017, 20:36   #2143
BHPian

Quote:
Same thing with me too. My RM was not aware of this at all.
Old 21st July 2017, 20:53   #2144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They will be informed in coming days regarding New Varaints, this holds true if they have not been notified. Or else, they may be trying to sell Zeta citing unavailability. They may be having stock of Zeta/Delta CVT hence they are not passing the news to prospective customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetgds View Post
The news about CVT Alpha is all over the web. Almost all leading automobile blogs/websites such as Carwale and Overdrive are confirming this. I guess the dealer wasn't aware yet.
Normally, Media People/Auto Journalist's are informed first regarding a product before dealers. The Company policy is like that.

Quote:
If only Honda can wake up now and launch the Jazz VX CVT. That will be a seriously sweet offering.
Ya, they'll be thinking of it from today, but no matter if they launch or not, it isn't going to sell. Because, despite being a good car, it is overpriced. I am not ready to pay 9 lakhs (Ex-Showroom) for a Hatch, unless it has a defining Engine & Feature Packed which the Jazz isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
Same thing with me too. My RM was not aware of this at all.
Since he doesn't know it & you know it now, and the fact that you haven't received your car yet, why don't you book/change by confirming this news to the dealer ?

Now, I wouldn't look at Zeta CVT unless I don't like the features Alpha has over Zeta.

You're very lucky, grab this opportunity.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 21:14   #2145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Since he doesn't know it & you know it now, and the fact that you haven't received your car yet, why don't you book/change by confirming this news to the dealer ?

Now, I wouldn't look at Zeta CVT unless I don't like the features Alpha has over Zeta.

You're very lucky, grab this opportunity.
He he, already did that. Gave him a verbal confirmation that I'm going to upgrade my booking. Will give a written confirmation to him tomorrow. I want to talk to the Nexa support once before that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks