Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2017, 22:27   #2161
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Guys, anyone facing the water seepage issue in Baleno?? Would appreciate if anyone could suggest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Hey guys, I am the owner of a Baleno diesel, Alpha model 2016. I too had the suspension related complaints and had a word with one of the nexa regional heads and he admitted that the rear suspensions are being changed for the 2016 manufactured vehicles. But he also said that the front suspensions had no recall and that Maruti is changing the rear suspensions for only the customers who raised their complaints against the same which IMO is downright cheapselling by Maruti. Further I had faced another issue of water entering the left side of the car, both front and rear during a heavy downpour. The car was stationery and had the water level reach the bottom of the doors. On questioning him, he said that all maruti vehicles face the same problem and that there are internal vents kept for air passing or for letting the car 'breathe' which if the car passes through high standing water on roads would lead to the water getting inside the cabin of the car. Has anyone else faced this issue of water seepage. And let me tell you, the water only came in from the left side of the car and was buckets load of water which was taken out. The right side was completely dry .
Old 24th July 2017, 22:42   #2162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Guys, anyone facing the water seepage issue in Baleno?? Would appreciate if anyone could suggest.

I got this issue in my Punto while I was returning to pune from Bangalore. I got it fixed today and they told that the underbody has an opening that has a rubber cap which have way and the water came in while I was negotiating a big pool of water. The left rear and some part of the left front footwell got drenched in water. Now I need to dry it on the weekend hoping that sun makes its way in the ongoing monsoons.
Old 25th July 2017, 01:31   #2163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbrahw View Post
I am a pretty spirited driver and have never felt the need to use sport mode or L mode. You are right, L mode is to be used on very steep slopes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
So the appropriate use of it would be to go up and down slopes etc and not for general overtaking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
The L mode as chncar says is for getting the car to hold to a low gear and mainly to be used when coming down the hill or slope to prevent over exertion on the brakes.
Using the L mode for overtaking with the gear being locked, what a terrible advice to give to a new CVT driver. Even after 2 years of the NEXA experience, these NEXA RMs continue to display an absolute lack of technical and product knowledge. He even seemed absolutely clueless about the new suspension on 2017 cars or the suspension issues. I wasn't surprised.
Old 25th July 2017, 01:35   #2164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
I got this issue in my Punto while I was returning to pune from Bangalore. I got it fixed today and they told that the underbody has an opening that has a rubber cap which have way and the water came in while I was negotiating a big pool of water. The left rear and some part of the left front footwell got drenched in water. Now I need to dry it on the weekend hoping that sun makes its way in the ongoing monsoons.
Please don't leave it (i.e the car with the carpet fitted) to dry. Take it to the service station, have them remove the carpet and the foam and thoroughly dry the metal. Then keep the carpet aside to dry and drive the car without it till it is thoroughly dry and then take it back to them to have it fitted.

If you wait for the wet carpet to dry while on the car, not only will it dry very slowly leading to a musty and damp smell and chances of fungus, but the moisture will be trapped on the metal floor and there is a chance of rust setting in too.

Last edited by chncar : 25th July 2017 at 01:39.
chncar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 07:40   #2165
BHPian

An update on the suspension change from my end.
I shot off an email to Nexa experience on Friday evening. The service center where I get the car service dropped an email on Saturday evening and the works manager called me up to fix an appointment time to check the car. Without even listening to my complaint or having me visit the workshop to get the car checked, he said that Maruti has modified the suspension and the same will be fit to my car. The car was picked up around 11AM on Monday morning and returned to me by 5.30PM.
I could immediately feel the change while leaving my office which has a speed breaker. The car did not bounce as much as it used to do earlier. The smaller potholes are being absorbed much better now.
Thanks everyone who kept posting on this thread about their experiences.

In other news, I went on a business trip to Bangalore from Hyderabad and managed a FE of around 18.7kmpl as per the MID during the entire 3 week trip. Infact, on the way back, I did not even stop to refuel the car and I still had about 90kms of range left. I was surely not testing the cars FE because the speed was around 110-120kmph most of the times with some speed bursts of up to 130kmph.
farooq817 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 12:51   #2166
BHPian

Anyone bought a reverse camera for the Delta Automatic model from the aftermarket??
Any suggestions??
Old 26th July 2017, 12:43   #2167
BHPian

I'm going to get my BALENO suspension checked on upcoming weekend from BIMAL AUTO AGENCY located at Old Airport Road, Kodihalli - Bangalore.
Since I shifted to Bangalore last year only and this will be my first visit to this service center over here, Can anyone share with me the feedback of this particular Service Center.
Old 26th July 2017, 12:53   #2168
Distinguished - BHPian

Baleno Suspension Replacement : December 2016 is the Official cut off as per Maruti circular!!

Many owners have complained about hard suspension / bouncy ride. Maruti has replaced rear shock absorbers in most of the cases. There is an official circular from Maruti regarding this. The chassis number cut off is clearly mentioned and Maruti has changed the design. 2017 models have got the updated setup. I have heard that dealers are supposed to change full suspension setup and not just the rear shocks.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20170726_001209.jpg

Full credits to Baleno owners FB group

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 26th July 2017 at 12:54.
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 13:49   #2169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Baleno Suspension Replacement : December 2016 is the Official cut off as per Maruti circular!!
Full credits to Baleno owners FB group
I got my Alpha petrol's ( June 2016 manufactured) 3rd free service done,just yesterday. On questioning about the suspension,Service manager clearly denied any such recall/official update from Maruti. He said that they are changing the suspension only for those who are complaining about it. Also, if I found the ride bumpy or any other complaints in near future, I can get it replaced, it seems. Since the warranty is for 2 years, I still got a year, I believe.

Nevertheless, Maruti, not announcing an official recall, if unfair.
My MASS/RM could also be playing some games here.
autospeaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 13:52   #2170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Nevertheless, Maruti, not announcing an official recall, if unfair.
My MASS/RM could also be playing some games here.
This is not official recall. The dealers are instructed to change the suspension if the owner complains of hard / bouncy ride. But, most of the dealers are not following this. This is because of 45 day payment period by Maruti suzuki to dealers for warranty related jobs
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 20:02   #2171
BHPian

Hi Baleno owners, I have a quick question. Do you start feeling vibrations/shakes once the car crosses 110-120 kph? How's the high speed ride quality?
meetgds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 21:53   #2172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetgds View Post
Hi Baleno owners, I have a quick question. Do you start feeling vibrations/shakes once the car crosses 110-120 kph? How's the high speed ride quality?
yes, it does. It is a common problem in petrol Balenos. I fixed it by getting wheel alignment and balancing done. At least in my case the ride became smoother and there were no more vibrations at higher speeds.
tjacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 12:13   #2173
BHPian

Quote:
I don't. I haven't crossed 125kph yet in my car, but I had no issues at all with the tires or suspension at these speeds. High speed stability is good, but I do wish the steering wasn't as light as it is. It does rob you of some confidence.

Perhaps it could just be a balancing issue as tjacob said.
Speed.Demon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 18:53   #2174
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
yes, it does. It is a common problem in petrol Balenos. I fixed it by getting wheel alignment and balancing done. At least in my case the ride became smoother and there were no more vibrations at higher speeds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
I don't. I haven't crossed 125kph yet in my car, but I had no issues at all with the tires or suspension at these speeds. High speed stability is good, but I do wish the steering wasn't as light as it is. It does rob you of some confidence.

Perhaps it could just be a balancing issue as tjacob said.
Just returned from a 350 KM long trip on my car and i only logged in to write in couple of observations about the drive.

Have taken the outer ring road and drove good 67 KM. The car is a different animal after 100. The steering became very light, cabin become very noisy with the wind which was unbearable for some time. The overall ride quality is for sure scaring and will rob your confidence as mentioned by speed.demon.

My wife was very surprised as the car behaves totally opposite <100 mark. Anyways, the remaining KMs were between the 90 to 100 mark where the car excelled and we loved every bit of it.

The bottom line is, you will enjoy the car only <100 and need to be very careful post the century mark.

Last edited by Abhi_abarth : 28th July 2017 at 18:55. Reason: some corrections
Abhi_abarth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 20:34   #2175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Have taken the outer ring road and drove good 67 KM. The car is a different animal after 100. The steering became very light, cabin become very noisy with the wind which was unbearable for some time. The overall ride quality is for sure scaring and will rob your confidence as mentioned by speed.demon.

The bottom line is, you will enjoy the car only <100 and need to be very careful post the century mark.
It isn't that bad. What I meant is, the light steering is a bit lazy and you will be left wishing there was more feedback and weight to it. When you're doing triple digit speeds you don't want a vague response from the steering.

The ride quality was quite good and the car feels planted. Not European good, but good by Japanese standards. Someone used to driving say, a Punto will not like the Baleno's high speed behavior.

It could be better, but it's not terrifying.

Last edited by Speed.Demon : 28th July 2017 at 20:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks