Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2017, 19:20   #2206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbrahw View Post
Yes they will. Have ordered for the same. Should be fixed by weekend.

Yay ! Got the camera also fixed in the rear chrome. Best part is there is provision in the chrome and rear hatch. The chrome is fixed with 4 buttons and 2 screws fixed from inside the hatch. The MGA technician removed the chrome, fixed the OEM camera and fixed a wiring right upto the Apple play unit and hey the system is fully functional now. The Zeta CVT is now with the fully functional Apple car play unit of the Alpha.
Old 15th August 2017, 10:26   #2207
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIX View Post
- I get a 16.2 KM/L with AC in City now.
Wow! Are you sure you meant 'city' and not 'highway'? This figure is too good to be true in city driving!

I was trying to get a comparison between Baleno CVT and Jazz CVT. Will be scheduling TDs of both very soon.

Jazz CVT owners report an FE of around 10-12 kmpl in city and 16-17 kmpl on the highway. Still to collect feedbacks from different Baleno CVT owners so that I can derive a practical FE figure for the Baleno CVT.

I understand from your post that you drive gently, but 16 kmpl in a city like Bangalore - if the car really gives that, then my choice becomes easier I guess.

Last edited by clevermax : 15th August 2017 at 10:29.
Old 16th August 2017, 07:36   #2208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Wow! Are you sure you meant 'city' and not 'highway'? This figure is too good to be true in city driving!
"City" it is my friend !
Old 16th August 2017, 21:32   #2209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post

I understand from your post that you drive gently, but 16 kmpl in a city like Bangalore - if the car really gives that, then my choice becomes easier I guess.

My Baleno CVT is giving me a FE of about 10.3 to 11 kmpl but then I use it like a diesel (even idling with ac on) and have driven about 4700 kms in 10 months, all within Gurgaon locally.
bimbrahw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 10:21   #2210
BHPian

Hi All! I got my Petrol Alpha MT delivered last week and it's been a fantastic experience overall! Completed 1000 km and the first service yesterday. Below is a pic of a proud me with my new car!

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-car.jpg

However, there's a minor niggle which I have noticed and need your inputs with. The touchscreen infotainment system is expected to go into night mode the moment the pilots/headlights are switched on, which isn't happening. It stays in day mode and gets uncomfortably bright at night. I have tried to change it manually under display setting of the HU, but it doesn't change. The only option for me is to reduce the brightness manually. Any idea what might be the issue? During the first service, it was apparently reset, but nothing's changed. The SVC has asked me to get the memory card along (which I had removed during the first service.), but I can't understand what the memory card containing preloaded maps has to do with a display setting. Comments awaited from you guys.
Added_flavor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 14:00   #2211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Hi All! I got my Petrol Alpha MT delivered last week and it's been a fantastic experience overall! Completed 1000 km and the first service yesterday.
Congrats !!! on your proud possession. The colour stands out in the crowd of other Balenos.

Is the HU updated for Android Auto? Earlier it was coming with only Apple carplay.
m_batabyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 18:17   #2212
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All! I got my Petrol Alpha MT delivered last week and it's been a fantastic experience overall! Completed 1000 km and the first service yesterday. Below is a pic of a proud me with my new car!
Congratulations on your new car. What colour is it? Looks quite different than the other Balenos.
Yusha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 19:21   #2213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_batabyal View Post
Congrats !!! on your proud possession. The colour stands out in the crowd of other Balenos.

Is the HU updated for Android Auto? Earlier it was coming with only Apple carplay.
Thank you! No, as of now, it has only Apple car play. Hopefully, they'll release an official update with android auto soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusha View Post
Congratulations on your new car. What colour is it? Looks quite different than the other Balenos.
Thanks you! It's granite grey.
Old 17th August 2017, 19:31   #2214
BHPian

Great choice... value for money. BTW is it Nexa Dwarka showroom?
Old 17th August 2017, 19:41   #2215
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you! No, as of now, it has only Apple car play. Hopefully, they'll release an official update with android auto soon.
Maruti Suzuki has already released the official update for the likes of Baleno, Ciaz and Vitara Brezza. More details here. Do check your service centre on this.
Old 17th August 2017, 19:42   #2216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetgds View Post
Anyone booked the Alpha CVT? How bad is the waiting period?
Hi guys,

Just wanted to update. I had initially booked zeta automatic on 17/6/17 and was told delivery will be in mid September.

Then on 21 July got the news on TBHP about launch of the alpha automatic version and I immediately informed the sales guy that same evening. He was not aware of the launch at that time. Next day at 9am sharp he called me saying booking is opened in their system and I could be the first one if I book right away which I did. Initially was told the delivery will be 10 weeks as per Maruti system but the sales guy told me it will not take more than 30 days for sure.

Promptly less than a month later I received my baleno alpha CVT today morning. Overall has been a great NEXA experience. Oh I was told this is probably one of the first alpha CVT deliveries in the country, Atleast in bangalore I think.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_0291.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_0292.jpg  

tommani is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 21:49   #2217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommani View Post
Hi guys,

Just wanted to update. I had initially booked zeta automatic on 17/6/17 and was told delivery will be in mid September.
Congratulations on your Alpha CVT. Please let us know when the dealership informed you of the allotment of the car. Was it informed to you on August 5th or after?
Old 17th August 2017, 22:15   #2218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
Congratulations on your Alpha CVT. Please let us know when the dealership informed you of the allotment of the car. Was it informed to you on August 5th or after?
On august 4th I was informed that the vehicle was leaving the factory and would be delivered post registration in 10-12 days.
tommani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 09:13   #2219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
Maruti Suzuki has already released the official update for the likes of Baleno, Ciaz and Vitara Brezza. More details here. Do check your service centre on this.
Although it's all over the media including Tbhp, Maruti/Nexa has confirmed to many owners that it is not an official update for Baleno. If you download the file through one of the links available on the net, the file name mentions 'Ciaz'. Also, some of the forums report that this unofficial update doesn't work on 2017 Baleno models. Not sure how true that is.

Will try and update it myself when I get time and report back in that thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommani View Post
Oh I was told this is probably one of the first alpha CVT deliveries in the country, Atleast in bangalore I think.
Congratulations bud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neugal View Post
Great choice... value for money. BTW is it Nexa Dwarka showroom?
Thank you, yes it is absolute VFM considering the features and the peppy engine when compared to the competition.

If that question was directed to me, then no, this is Varun Nexa in Bangalore.

Last edited by Added_flavor : 18th August 2017 at 09:15.
Old 18th August 2017, 09:17   #2220
BHPian

Quote:
Although it's all over the media including Tbhp, Maruti/Nexa has confirmed to many owners that it is not an official update for Baleno.
I had checked with my RM at OMR Nexa and he too confirmed that the official update has indeed been released and will be done from the service centre.

Most Viewed