Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2017, 01:28   #2236
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
Hey congrats on your Alpha CVT. One question though - does the entertainment system come pre loaded with Android Auto support in your Alpha CVT?
Thank you!

Unfortunately my car does not come with Android Auto. I was hoping that the new Alpha CVT batch might come with it, however that's not the case. Further the Nexa dealers I spoke to in Pune did not have any timelines for the Android Auto roll-out for the Baleno. After experiencing Android Auto in S-Cross, I am eagerly waiting for the update.
Old 28th August 2017, 07:30   #2237
BHPian

Folks, just found out the CVT without the battery power is totally immovable. Was out for a couple of days and when I came back, the battery was down. Could not even shift the gear into neutral. Luckily during one of the tries, the engine fired to life which I left idling for about 15 mins to let the battery charge.
Old 28th August 2017, 08:18   #2238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbrahw View Post
Folks, just found out the CVT without the battery power is totally immovable. Was out for a couple of days and when I came back, the battery was down. Could not even shift the gear into neutral. Luckily during one of the tries, the engine fired to life which I left idling for about 15 mins to let the battery charge.
Did you try pressing shift lock button to change to neutral?
Old 28th August 2017, 11:25   #2239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
I just tried this in my car (CVT Delta)-

Shifted to "P". Turned off ignition. Holding the shift lock button, shifted to neutral. It works without problems.

Shift lock is mechanical override in most automatic cars and should function the same way in baleno- which it does.
sathish81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 15:06   #2240
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
I just tried this in my car (CVT Delta)-

Shifted to "P". Turned off ignition. Holding the shift lock button, shifted to neutral. It works without problems.

Shift lock is mechanical override in most automatic cars and should function the same way in baleno- which it does.

Thanks for the tip. Didn't know this. Will try out next time.
Old 28th August 2017, 16:23   #2241
BHPian

Mates, a quick question about the Baleno Delta HU. The way it works is that you cannot pair a phone with the HU (using BT) while the car is in motion. Fair enough. But I am also unable to connect with the HU with an already paired phone. For ex, I disconnect my phone from BT and my wife tries to connect her iPhone. Does not happen unless the car is stationary. I cannot understand why a already paired phone will not connect to the HU while car is in motion. Is this how it is suppose to work?
Old 29th August 2017, 00:03   #2242
BHPian

Hi all,

I have a july2016 Baleno Delta Petrol. Have the loud and harsh suspension issue. Its especially bad at the rear.

Reported during service but the MASS did nothing. Wrote a mail to contact@nexaexperience and got a call from nexa within 2-3 days and a followup from the nexa dealer on the next day. Took it to them for evaluation on saturday. A very high headed technical advisor said there was an issue with the rear suspension but wasnt ready to give any details.

They said thell make a case and send to maruti for approval. If maruti approves they will order the part and replace in about a week. Nexa experience is worse than regular Maruti Service centre. Hope they atleast rectify their faulty parts.
Old 29th August 2017, 17:16   #2243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusha View Post
Mates, a quick question about the Baleno Delta HU. The way it works is that you cannot pair a phone with the HU (using BT) while the car is in motion. Fair enough. But I am also unable to connect with the HU with an already paired phone. For ex, I disconnect my phone from BT and my wife tries to connect her iPhone. Does not happen unless the car is stationary. I cannot understand why a already paired phone will not connect to the HU while car is in motion. Is this how it is suppose to work?
I think there might be a problem. Almost always, by the time my phone pairs, my car is started and moving. Unless there is some speed cutoff like 20 kmph (when the doors auto-lock) at which it is not allowed.
Old 29th August 2017, 19:40   #2244
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, even an already paired phones doesn't connect to the car while in motion. It is a safety feature where the driver is expected to switch on the bluetooth on the phone (operate the phone) when the car is stationary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptavis View Post
Hi all,

I have a july2016 Baleno Delta Petrol. Have the loud and harsh suspension issue. Its especially bad at the rear.
When you say loud, does it make a creaking type of noise?

Last edited by dheepak10 : 29th August 2017 at 19:41.
dheepak10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 21:00   #2245
BHPian

Quote:
I am able to pair phones and also disconnect phone connect with different one- when the car is in motion.

Maybe there is problem with the HU or your phone.

I don't think HU in Delta is intelligent enough to detect if car is in motion.

My car- Delta CVT

Phones - oneplus5 and redmi4

One difference from you is both my phones are Android based.
Old 29th August 2017, 23:53   #2246
BHPian

Quote:
I am able to pair phones and also disconnect phone connect with different one- when the car is in motion.

My car- Delta CVT

I can't pair or change phones that are already paired when the car is in motion as well. You have to be stationary or it says "BT Unavailable".

Also Baleno Delta CVT
Phones: Samsung S7 Edge and OnePlus 5
Old 30th August 2017, 12:39   #2247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
I can't pair or change phones that are already paired when the car is in motion as well. You have to be stationary or it says "BT Unavailable".
You can pair phones while the car is in motion, passengers in my car have paired their phones few times. You can pair multiple phones but from what I've seen, you can make and receive calls only from the phone that gets paired first. The second and the third phones can only stream music.

You seem to have a HU problem, check the manual to see if you can reset the headunit and try pairing it again. If it doesn't work then visit the workshop and try pairing it with another HU they might have in spare.
Old 30th August 2017, 12:48   #2248
BHPian

Seems like there is a difference between the HU models.

Even mine is a Delta CVT and cannot pair new phones or connect already paired phones while in motion - it says 'Bluetooth unavailable'.

Mine is a Feb 2017 model!
Old 30th August 2017, 16:47   #2249
BHPian

Quote:

My car- Delta CVT

it seems to detect motion in my car, which is a July 2017 model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post

Also Baleno Delta CVT
Phones: Samsung S7 Edge and OnePlus 5
The HU flashes the exact message in my car also which is a July 2017 model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
You can pair phones while the car is in motion, passengers in my car have paired their phones few times. You can pair multiple phones but from what I've seen, you can make and receive calls only from the phone that gets paired first. The second and the third phones can only stream music.

You seem to have a HU problem, check the manual to see if you can reset the headunit and try pairing it again. If it doesn't work then visit the workshop and try pairing it with another HU they might have in spare.
I will get it checked during the first service, just to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
Seems like there is a difference between the HU models.

Even mine is a Delta CVT and cannot pair new phones or connect already paired phones while in motion - it says 'Bluetooth unavailable'.

Mine is a Feb 2017 model!
Ok. My car does exactly the same. It is a July 2017 model. There seems to be no conclusive answer to this issue. I will get the HU checked during the first service and report back.
Old 30th August 2017, 18:06   #2250
BHPian

My car is a 2016 model- it could be possible that 2017 models use a updated firmware which has this safety check.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks