Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2017, 22:45   #2281
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediaowner View Post
thanks a lot for the feedback. You are correct about test driving on my own but the dealership doesnt have a 2017 model available for a test drive. They have offered me to test drive the RS but I suppose the suspension is tweaked differently for that ?

Have you got complaints from your family or friends when they occupy the backseat ?
I don't have backseat passengers frequently, but so far when I did, I didn't get any complaints. However I do not have much data to go by on that.

I do however have a cooler almost all the time in my boot, and I notice that even when going over speedbumps carefully the cooler and the toolkit get audibly thrown up in the air a bit along with anything else loose in the boot. This did not happen even in my old Ritz.
Old 12th September 2017, 23:19   #2282
BHPian

Quote:
thanks a lot for the feedback. You are correct about test driving on my own but the dealership doesnt have a 2017 model available for a test drive. They have offered me to test drive the RS but I suppose the suspension is tweaked differently for that ?

Have you got complaints from your family or friends when they occupy the backseat ?
I have a zeta may 2017 model, 90% of the time I use the car only if we have to travel with family. The back seat is occupied by my mom, wifey and 2 1/5 years old daughter. The new suspension set up works well if you slow down on bad roads/ speed breakers/pot holes. Managing the speed based on the roads is something I have learnt gradually and now have mastered it, shouldn't take long in your case.
On the whole I would say the difference between 2016 and 2017 suspension set up is significant. Go ahead, you won't regret the purchase.
Old 13th September 2017, 12:52   #2283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
I don't have backseat passengers frequently, but so far when I did, I didn't get any complaints. However I do not have much data to go by on that.

I do however have a cooler almost all the time in my boot, and I notice that even when going over speedbumps carefully the cooler and the toolkit get audibly thrown up in the air a bit along with anything else loose in the boot. This did not happen even in my old Ritz.
Thank you for the heads up. I'm thinking of test driving the RS anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
I have a zeta may 2017 model, 90% of the time I use the car only if we have to travel with family. The back seat is occupied by my mom, wifey and 2 1/5 years old daughter. The new suspension set up works well if you slow down on bad roads/ speed breakers/pot holes. Managing the speed based on the roads is something I have learnt gradually and now have mastered it, shouldn't take long in your case.
On the whole I would say the difference between 2016 and 2017 suspension set up is significant. Go ahead, you won't regret the purchase.
I own a Honda Brio and it is a nightmare for my family at the back. I have come up with a better understanding of driving but it still gives away the unsettled ride.

With the New car I want it to be definitely miles ahead better than Brio's ride. The Baleno weighs almost the same as Brio hence my apprehension. But it's re-assuring when you mention there is a difference between the earlier year models compared to the current year ones hence I have to take a call by looking for someone who has a 2017 model too.
Old 13th September 2017, 13:03   #2284
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the heads up. I'm thinking of test driving the RS anyway.

I own a Honda Brio and it is a nightmare for my family at the back. I have come up with a better understanding of driving but it still gives away the unsettled ride.

With the New car I want it to be definitely miles ahead better than Brio's ride. The Baleno weighs almost the same as Brio hence my apprehension. But it's re-assuring when you mention there is a difference between the earlier year models compared to the current year ones hence I have to take a call by looking for someone who has a 2017 model too.
We test drove 3 different Balenos (all 2016 models) before booking and 2 drives out of them had my family in the back seat. None were happy with the ride quality but still we went ahead with the booking hoping the issue would be ironed out by then as we had good 6 months for delivery. Luckily, this was sorted in the 2017 models. My wife immediately felt the difference in the new car so did I. But yes, you should be able to take the final call after test driving with your family.

I felt the ride quality is better than the i20 (old gen as I get to drive it regularly)
Abhi_abarth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 19:56   #2285
BHPian

Guys,

I got the rear shocks replaced under warranty on my Dec 2015 Baleno Alpha. I see a significant improvement in comfort, the bumpiness has gone and the ride has become silent. Now I feel the front suspension makes relatively more noise than rear ones.

Also, moved back to the semi synthetic 0W20 stock oil grade from fully synthetic oil, this has greatly improved the pick-up and city fuel economy but lost the engine smoothness.

Now I am enjoying driving the Baleno more than ever!
Old 17th September 2017, 18:12   #2286
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, you have been conned or have been listening to a SA who doesn't know the basics of his trade.

0W20 MUST be used, and by definition it is either fully or semi-synthetic, so the logic that it needs to be 5W40 because of being synthetic is absolutely wrong.

I would suggest that you complain to the dealership and to Maruti. They deserve to be taken to task for that.
Though I was sure that I have been not taken for a ride. But still when you suggested, I did double check with the NEXA and dealer.I checked in the user manual too where the recommended engine oil is mentioned as 0W20.Though, Maruti sent out a circular to use 5W40 as a recommended synthetic oil for Baleno.

Besides that in Team Bhp there's a thread already on a Maruti Circular for change in Engine Oil from 15W40 to 5W40 for Swift though.

link

Another thread in which BHPian @leoshashi provided the information on Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki, in which one of the image illustrate the approved Engine oils for each for their product. Attaching the image and link here for reference.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20.jpg
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2017, 18:26   #2287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Though I was sure that I have been not taken for a ride. But still when you suggested, I did double check with the NEXA and dealer.I checked in the user manual too where the recommended engine oil is mentioned as 0W20.Though, Maruti sent out a circular to use 5W40 as a recommended synthetic oil for Baleno.
From the invoice you posted (which mentioned petrol engine) I am assuming that your car is a petrol one and not a diesel.

I do not have access to the Maruti circular that you mention but I think it is for Diesel engines. 5W40 would be the perfect synthetic grade for the MJD engine.

For the petrol OTOH, Maruti has been very clear that 0W20 is necessary for newer K12M engines. They even sell several 0W20 fully synthetic MGO co-branded oils from Shell and others. So it is unlikely that they would suggest 5W40 for the K12M, and if that was the justification/excuse given by the dealership or Maruti I would feel really cheated and angry.

The chart that you attached as a picture to your post as well, is for Diesel.

OTOH, if you have a diesel engine, you are all set.

Last edited by ampere : 18th September 2017 at 12:04. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 17th September 2017, 18:32   #2288
BHPian

Quote:
Is your Baleno a diesel? I was under the impression that it's a petrol car. The 0W20 grade is for the petrol model of the Baleno. The diesels use the same 1.3MJD engine as the swift and yes, 5W40 oil is being used in the diesel Baleno too. The picture you've attached shows the oils to be used in the diesel Marutis.

Last edited by ampere : 18th September 2017 at 12:04. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 17th September 2017, 21:45   #2289
BHPian

Quote:
From the invoice you posted (which mentioned petrol engine) I am assuming that your car is a petrol one and not a diesel.
The chart that you attached as a picture to your post as well, is for Diesel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Is your Baleno a diesel? I was under the impression that it's a petrol car. The 0W20 grade is for the petrol model of the Baleno.
My Bad guys, yes I do own Baleno Petrol only and correct picture of Recommended Engine oils only mentions SAE0W20 attached below.

So I raised this case with NEXA. Their customer care or email handling team is literally a bunch of morons who I highly doubt that they even go through the emails.
As per my experience with them until now and what I have observed they just check the registered email id or VIN no or Registration No. whatever is mentioned first in the email, just to check out from which dealer the car is bought from and delegate all your emails to that particular dealership even if you seek an info from Maruti. So they delegated my email to Vipul Motors Noida from where I bought my car though I have shifted to Bengaluru and the recent service is also done at Bimal Auto Agency Bangalore.
Vipul motor representative called me irrespective of any knowledge and asked me about the issue and I simply asked him about the recommended Oil grade to be used for Petrol Baleno. He reiterated that as per Maruti Circular we are using 5W40 grade synthetic Oil, and when I asked about the pdf copy stating the same, he asks for his senior's permission before sharing any document which is obviously denied for no reason. At the end, he said your service is due (not aware of the recent service schedule my car have gone through) and put forward the words that once I will be here he will show me the document stating the same but can't share on email since his senior did not give the permission. I asked him to share the photo of the circular on whatsapp to keep it off record but he didn't agree.
Basically 0W20 should do the job and 5W40 is used for extreme weather conditions but at the end of the day, manufacturer knows better.

Will contact Service Advisor of Bimal Auto Agency Service to get more clarity on this.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-22.jpg
Old 17th September 2017, 21:53   #2290
BHPian

Quote:
My Bad guys, yes I do own Baleno Petrol only and correct picture of Recommended Engine oils only mentions SAE0W20 attached below.

So I raised this case with NEXA. Their customer care or email handling team is literally a bunch of morons who I highly doubt that they even go through the emails.
As per my experience with them until now and what I have observed they just check the registered email id or VIN no or Registration No. whatever is mentioned first in the email, just to check out from which dealer the car is bought from and delegate all your emails to that particular dealership even if you seek an info from Maruti. So they delegated my email to Vipul Motors Noida from where I bought my car though I have shifted to Bengaluru and the recent service is also done at Bimal Auto Agency Bangalore.
Vipul motor representative called me irrespective of any knowledge and asked me about the issue and I simply asked him about the recommended Oil grade to be used for Petrol Baleno. He reiterated that as per Maruti Circular we are using 5W40 grade synthetic Oil, and when I asked about the pdf copy stating the same, he asks for his senior's permission before sharing any document which is obviously denied for no reason. At the end, he said your service is due (not aware of the recent service schedule my car have gone through) and put forward the words that once I will be here he will show me the document stating the same but can't share on email since his senior did not give the permission. I asked him to share the photo of the circular on whatsapp to keep it off record but he didn't agree.
Basically 0W20 should do the job and 5W40 is used for extreme weather conditions but at the end of the day, manufacturer knows better.

Will contact Service Advisor of Bimal Auto Agency Service to get more clarity on this.

Attachment 1676950
Save yourself some time and demand escalation with Maruti/Nexa. A strongly worded e-mail usually does the trick and they pass you on to the regional TSM who is a Maruti employee.

Quote:

Attachment 1676950
That isn't really true, it has more to do with the design and specifications of the engine than any ambient weather conditions, and yes the manufacturer knows best and even if we think they don't we need to follow their instructions if we are to claim warranty support.

The viscosity of both those oils are very different and you can end up reducing the performance and increasing wear and tear on your engine especially during startup.

Last edited by chncar : 17th September 2017 at 21:55.
Old 18th September 2017, 10:18   #2291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmano View Post
Guys,

I got the rear shocks replaced under warranty on my Dec 2015 Baleno Alpha....
Now I am enjoying driving the Baleno more than ever!

Could you please let me know how you did this and where ( which MASS).
Since you are in Bangalore, it could help me.

My MASS SA doesn't say anything on this.
Old 18th September 2017, 11:55   #2292
BHPian

I was quite surprised to see that the Baleno, which is a Nexa product, is also being sold with T-permit.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-baleno.jpg  

subhro1988 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 13:02   #2293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Could you please let me know how you did this and where ( which MASS).
Since you are in Bangalore, it could help me.

My MASS SA doesn't say anything on this.
I also got my car's rear suspension(Nov'2015 make) replaced recently at Bangalore. I wrote an email to NEXA which passed on the request to the nearest service center(Bimal Auto Agency, Old Airport Road) located from my residence. They called me for the inspection which was nothing just a formality. I wonder why they even called me, just to answer that the required part is not in stock and they have raised the request for the same.

Once part is in stock, got it replaced which is around 2 hours job in total.
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2017, 15:59   #2294
BHPian

Question.

1. Can the car be programmed to auto lock when in stationery or after ignition off.
2. Can the car be unlocked only with the driver side unlock button like the i20. Currently, rear seat passengers and front passengers can unlock the car. Using the child lock is a solution but i want to see if the central lock takes care of it.

please advise.
Old 19th September 2017, 17:07   #2295
BHPian

Quote:
I also got my car's rear suspension(Nov'2015 make) replaced recently at Bangalore. I wrote an email to NEXA which passed on the request to the nearest service center(Bimal Auto Agency, Old Airport Road) located from my residence. They called me for the inspection which was nothing just a formality. I wonder why they even called me, just to answer that the required part is not in stock and they have raised the request for the same.

Once part is in stock, got it replaced which is around 2 hours job in total.
Hi, did it work. Because I am about to go for the change very soon and my SA has also given me this same answer that they have ordered the parts which are yet to arrive. So does the change work on reducing the suspension noise that creeps in. P.S - I own a 2015 December Baleno Delta petrol

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks