Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2017, 15:38   #2356
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: CSK
Posts: 141
Thanked: 110 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post

Would love to hear more on 'setbacks in delivery' part please! I guess it would help me and knownstrangerr as we are about to take delivery soon
The delivery "ceremony" might take more than an hour, so be prepared.

Just check whether all the accessories promised are delivered. I had to deal with a missing 3D floor mat. Make sure your "relationship manager" is available throughout the delivery time. Watch very closely for how good the car has been cleaned. Found some smudges and dirt marks here and there.

Even if you tell them a time slot when you want to take delivery, the car for sure will not be ready for delivery by the time you reach your showroom. They will start washing the car, only after you reach there and as mentioned in the start of the thread, the number of "RMs" in Nexa Showroom outnumber the customers and still nobody will be of much help.
hamster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 15:54   #2357
BHPian
 
petrolhead_chn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Hmmm
Posts: 301
Thanked: 150 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by knownstrangerr View Post
I do understand about not wanting to defame the dealer but there have several instances of people walking out of nexa showrooms as no one bothered to attend them. Cake or no cake as long as I have a smooth delivery of my car. Given the attitude of these guys in coat suits they would do anything to get your booking beyond that you are on your own. As pointed by many people regular Maruti showroom has better response and customer service than the premium crap called nexa
Thank you for understanding knownstrangerr .
Honestly, I have not visited my Nexa showroom till this minute either for booking or test drive. Even as I fought out the VIN/PDI I have not gone to the showroom. The guys are coming over to collect the remaining payment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
The delivery "ceremony" might take more than an hour, so be prepared.

Just check whether all the accessories promised are delivered. I had to deal with a missing 3D floor mat. Make sure your "relationship manager" is available throughout the delivery time. Watch very closely for how good the car has been cleaned. Found some smudges and dirt marks here and there.

Even if you tell them a time slot when you want to take delivery, the car for sure will not be ready for delivery by the time you reach your showroom. They will start washing the car, only after you reach there and as mentioned in the start of the thread, the number of "RMs" in Nexa Showroom outnumber the customers and still nobody will be of much help.
That is certainly enlightening. My RM is a lady and she is already upset over us for our arrogance (in their perspective).
petrolhead_chn is offline  
Old 3rd October 2017, 16:29   #2358
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 83
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
Thank you for understanding knownstrangerr .

Honestly, I have not visited my Nexa showroom till this minute either for booking or test drive. Even as I fought out the VIN/PDI I have not gone to the showroom. The guys are coming over to collect the remaining payment.

That is certainly enlightening. My RM is a lady and she is already upset over us for our arrogance (in their perspective).
Good for you. I visited one Nexa showroom twice and literally no one bothered much nor was asked if I wanted a test drive. Their behaviour was though we were for some charity.

They kept insisting on booking without offering even a TD - I had to request for one. After this whole fiasco, I just called another showroom to know how soon they can deliver. They called, got a car home for TD and promised delivery within a month and gave a good price for my old car too after hard bargaining.

Once the cheque was received, their tone too changed - delivery within a month moved to 4-5 weeks. I have told them if you don't honour the delivery time within a month, I will cancel my booking.

With regard to delivery day delays, it's a common practice at all dealerships once the whole payment is received. They don't bother about you. For my old car, I waited almost three hours.
Just one word of caution to you petrolheads - don't make full payment for your car till you do PD and are completely satisfied. Once full payment is done, you lose your negotiating powers. Hold some amount back. Tell them till I do PD and satisfy myself, the car won't go for insurance or registration.

Just wanted to ask you something - did you ask for or did ur RM insist on under body anti rust treatment. My old car suffers from rust issues. It's a combo of my location and my laziness so I am confused.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd October 2017 at 23:16. Reason: Poorly typed post
knownstrangerr is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 3rd October 2017, 17:04   #2359
BHPian
 
petrolhead_chn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Hmmm
Posts: 301
Thanked: 150 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by knownstrangerr View Post
don't make full payment for your car till you do PD and are completely satisfied once full payment is done you loose your negotiating powers. Hold some amount back tell them till I do PD and satisfy myself the car won't go for insurance or registration.
Just wanted to ask you something did you ask for or did ur RM insist on under body anti rust treatment. My old car suffers from rust issues it's a combo of my location and my laziness so I am confused
Absolutely! They have agreed for a PDI as soon as car arrives at their showroom. Once the VIN matches I shall settle and give a nod for registration.

As for the underbody treatment the RM did not even pitch. I have ignored all add-ons except insurance which I could have bought outside for a few thousands lesser than the dealer but I just let it go.

My plan is to take delivery and do the underbody, floor lamination and paint protection/sealant treatment out of the dealer premises. If you are interested let me know and we could probably negotiate a good deal at any of the car spa here.

Last edited by petrolhead_chn : 3rd October 2017 at 17:06.
petrolhead_chn is offline  
Old 3rd October 2017, 18:49   #2360
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 83
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
Absolutely! They have agreed for a PDI as soon as car arrives at their showroom. Once the VIN matches I shall settle and give a nod for registration.

As for the underbody treatment the RM did not even pitch. I have ignored all add-ons except insurance which I could have bought outside for a few thousands lesser than the dealer but I just let it go.

My plan is to take delivery and do the underbody, floor lamination and paint protection/sealant treatment out of the dealer premises. If you are interested let me know and we could probably negotiate a good deal at any of the car spa here.

Sounds good already doing my enquiries outside but going slow. Like the old saying goes don't count the chickens before the egg hatches I will wait out till my car is ready. I am planning on underbody paint sealant and a DIY of nomad mats
I am pushing my dealer for alloy swap with ciaz alloy let's see how things work out
knownstrangerr is offline  
Old 3rd October 2017, 20:19   #2361
BHPian
 
petrolhead_chn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Hmmm
Posts: 301
Thanked: 150 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by knownstrangerr View Post
I am pushing my dealer for alloy swap with ciaz alloy let's see how things work out
Let me know how this turns out.
petrolhead_chn is offline  
Old 3rd October 2017, 20:23   #2362
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 83
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
Let me know how this turns out.

Not much hope initially he was quoting full cost and saying no buy back crap I told him I can do the same outside you tell me what you can do he says will talk and let me know fingers crossed
knownstrangerr is offline  
Old 3rd October 2017, 20:42   #2363
BHPian
 
jkrishnakj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 918
Thanked: 1,129 Times
Default

I insisted for a PDI and the VIN as well and my RM and Nexa people were quite ok. In fact I went to their yard and did the PDI prior to registration. And the handover ceremony happened as well ,though it was a 2 hour wait , thanks to a few more deliveries that same evening.

Will be keen to read how it pans out for you knownStranger !
jkrishnakj is offline  
Old 3rd October 2017, 21:04   #2364
Senior - BHPian
 
bluevolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3,249
Thanked: 3,293 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post

Great car. Looks stunning. Any pictures of the interiors? Accessories planned, etc.,
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
Congratulations for new car.

AFAIK your SIGMA ( a rare varient) is first on Team-bhp.

Expecting some Interior detail snaps (this will help others to decide) and planned upgrade details.
Thanks. Yes, Mine is Sigma Petrol Variant - September 2017 manufactured vehicle.

In terms of accessories, I got Sony double din Bluetooth music system + 4 Sony speakers, Maruti Nippon Keyless Entry system, Original Maruti Wheel Covers installed from Nexa. Along with Nexa kit, I am perfectly happy with this setup as of now.

Tomorrow I am taking a day off from work and going to Nexa showroom for installation of number plates. Will try to get Autocop gear lock installed from a good car accessories store.

Please find below some pictures of the interiors.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20170927_172946.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20170927_172948.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20170927_173351.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20170927_173411.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-dsc_9942.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-dsc_9949.jpg

Last edited by bluevolt : 3rd October 2017 at 21:06.
bluevolt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 22:43   #2365
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 83
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
I insisted for a PDI and the VIN as well and my RM and Nexa people were quite ok. In fact I went to their yard and did the PDI prior to registration. And the handover ceremony happened as well ,though it was a 2 hour wait , thanks to a few more deliveries that same evening.

Will be keen to read how it pans out for you knownStranger !

I am more than keen to hear from the dealer that a vehicle has been allotted to me the vehicle has arrived at yard news first before I start thinking about handover ceremony lol. The dealer is yet to share my booking number with me let me get that first. All I have seen is a receipt for the booking amount I paid via whatsapp
knownstrangerr is offline  
Old 4th October 2017, 11:14   #2366
BHPian
 
dheepak10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mississauga, ON
Posts: 351
Thanked: 530 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

I did a Hyderabad to Hampi drive over the long weekend on my Delta CVT.

We did have a major incident in the trip, the details of which are presented here

Overall, we came back mighty impressed with the car!
dheepak10 is offline  
Old 4th October 2017, 21:21   #2367
Senior - BHPian
 
bluevolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3,249
Thanked: 3,293 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Got the pin type gear lock installed in my Baleno today.

- Autocop scorpio for Rs. 1400.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20171004_124717.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20171004_124729.jpg
bluevolt is offline  
Old 5th October 2017, 15:39   #2368
BHPian
 
petrolhead_chn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Hmmm
Posts: 301
Thanked: 150 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
In terms of accessories, I got Sony double din Bluetooth music system + 4 Sony speakers, Maruti Nippon Keyless Entry system, Original Maruti Wheel Covers installed from Nexa. Along with Nexa kit, I am perfectly happy with this setup as of now.
Thank you for the pictures bluevolt. I just did my PDI for the sake of it, paid the balance amount and came back. They were pitching for accessories such as Sony HU, speakers, etc.,

It would really help if you can share the model number and cost of HU, speakers and keyless entry please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
I did a Hyderabad to Hampi drive over the long weekend on my Delta CVT.
I am glad to read this comment.
petrolhead_chn is offline  
Old 5th October 2017, 23:30   #2369
Senior - BHPian
 
bluevolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3,249
Thanked: 3,293 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
It would really help if you can share the model number and cost of HU, speakers and keyless entry please?
.
I got the below Sony HU and Speakers installed, cost is in the below link -

Sound quality is pretty decent. Bluetooth connectivity works seamlessly. Bluetooth calling feature is very beneficial as well. Overall a very good product from Sony.

Nippon Keyless entry which is Maruti OEM was for around 6500 INR. The same system is present in Delta & higher variants.

Installation of any electronic item from outside will void warranty so you need to get them installed from Nexa only. From outside you may save 1-2k but loosing warranty on new car is not a good idea.

Last edited by bluevolt : 5th October 2017 at 23:32.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 23:52   #2370
BHPian
 
petrolhead_chn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Hmmm
Posts: 301
Thanked: 150 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I got the below Sony HU and Speakers installed, cost is in the below link -

Sound quality is pretty decent. Bluetooth connectivity works seamlessly. Bluetooth calling feature is very beneficial as well. Overall a very good product from Sony.

Nippon Keyless entry which is Maruti OEM was for around 6500 INR. The same system is present in Delta & higher variants.

Installation of any electronic item from outside will void warranty so you need to get them installed from Nexa only. From outside you may save 1-2k but loosing warranty on new car is not a good idea.
Hey bluevolt, thank you for sending the link. The HU you got seems to be a good VFM. Buy my Nexa guys have just Sony 650BT which is about 20k+3.5k for wiring+speakers(cost unknown). I am totally confused on how to handle them.

As for remote lock, he says the box will have only Maruti logo on it. Guess what you said is right. But when I asked for features and model number he did not seem to know a thing. He should know the features or at least provide me a model number

Would you mind throwing some light on its vital features?

Last edited by petrolhead_chn : 6th October 2017 at 00:02.
petrolhead_chn is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks