Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2017, 12:38   #2386
BHPian

Re: Baleno - Reverse Parking Camera - Feedback Requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
I own a Delta CVT and have the dashboard varient installed. Gets the job done.

However, most times I park only using mirrors and judgement. The reason I installed the camera was my office parking is beside genset that has a quater wall ( height less than bumper) which is not visible without camera. Also sometimes mechanics leave heavy tools in my parking that might not be visible without 📷
Thanks for the update. I am planning to buy Baleno and the RM advised he can get the camera mounted on the IRVM. I suppose dashboard one is better. How much did NEXA charge you for this and how is the quality compared to the one that comes with Alpha variant?
Old 10th October 2017, 12:45   #2387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Thanks for the update. I am planning to buy Baleno and the RM advised he can get the camera mounted on the IRVM. I suppose dashboard one is better. How much did NEXA charge you for this and how is the quality compared to the one that comes with Alpha variant?
Around 10k. The one that comes with alpha is the best- it has guidelines for the car.
Actually I tried to get the alpha variant cam installed- But my RM said it it not possible as my car VIN would not allow him to order it (being a Delta). If you have that choice go for alpha camera.
Old 10th October 2017, 17:38   #2388
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
Around 10k. The one that comes with alpha is the best- it has guidelines for the car.
Actually I tried to get the alpha variant cam installed- But my RM said it it not possible as my car VIN would not allow him to order it (being a Delta). If you have that choice go for alpha camera.
That is a load of bull. You can order any part you want. Worst case, you can get the part number of camera and order it from any of the MGP stores in your city. And get it installed from accessory shop. As long as the MGP camera has the connectors compatible with the external display you are fine.

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 10th October 2017 at 17:39.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 18:12   #2389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
That is a load of bull. You can order any part you want. Worst case, you can get the part number of camera and order it from any of the MGP stores in your city. And get it installed from accessory shop. As long as the MGP camera has the connectors compatible with the external display you are fine.
I think NEXA acessaries/spares are exception. I tried getting chrome door handles but was not able to due to requirement of VIN number.
In any case, I did not want either the camera or the door handle so badly to argue with the RM.
Old 10th October 2017, 18:29   #2390
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I guess the Sony HU quoted to you is the touch screen model.
Yes they did. After much inquiry they have listed 2 more models to choose from - CDX-G1280UM, WX-900BTM and W650BT. I was looking to install a decent setup with dampening sheets and moderate amplifier. But looks like these guys do not care. I have been asking for compatible speakers with model numbers and am yet to receive it. Above all they Nexa is charging 3500/- on top of HU and speakers for wiring and panel it seems and 1000/- additional for antenna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Have you opted for 4 years warranty plan? Only issue from getting this all installed from outside is possibility of warranty breach. I am not sure how Maruti will identify if the installation is done from Nexa or outside accessories shop. When you are taking delivery of your car? If the waiting period is long, ask the dealer if they can get other model of Sony HU with them.
I have not opted for extended warranty. I will buy it later.
The car should be delivered this Saturday I suppose. They have been delaying the registration on account of some form-20 issues.

By the way, If Nexa can install the music system without splicing the wires, can't the professionals outside do it too? I do not want to spend 15k and again have a long face. Any one here got the installation done outside and still not void the warranty?

There aren't much options at the dealer. All they do is just describe some model and they expect us to just buy it eyes closed which is what I primarily dislike.
Old 10th October 2017, 19:33   #2391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
Yes they did. After much inquiry they have listed 2 more models to choose from - CDX-G1280UM, WX-900BTM and W650BT. I was looking to install a decent setup with dampening sheets and moderate amplifier. But looks like these guys do not care. I have been asking for compatible speakers with model numbers and am yet to receive it. Above all they Nexa is charging 3500/- on top of HU and speakers for wiring and panel it seems and 1000/- additional for antenna.

I have not opted for extended warranty. I will buy it later.
The car should be delivered this Saturday I suppose. They have been delaying the registration on account of some form-20 issues.

By the way, If Nexa can install the music system without splicing the wires, can't the professionals outside do it too? I do not want to spend 15k and again have a long face. Any one here got the installation done outside and still not void the warranty?

There aren't much options at the dealer. All they do is just describe some model and they expect us to just buy it eyes closed which is what I primarily dislike.
Quoting my own post for an update:
The speaker models I received from Nexa are Sony XS-FB162E (3500/- for 2pieces) and Hertz DSK 170.3 (5500/- for 2 pieces).

Can these speakers be efficient enough with above mentioned head units and can these be used on rear doors too?
Old 10th October 2017, 22:03   #2392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I received from Nexa are Sony XS-FB162E (3500/- for 2pieces)?
Quote:
2 more models to choose from WX-900BTM.
i
I have the above two units installed from Nexa. But they are quoting you quite high for everything. The MRP for these speakers listed on Sony website is Rs. 2290 for a pair. I got 2 pair of them - total 4 speakers (both front & rear).

The HU above listed is pretty good with the combination of sony speakers. I am happy with the sound quality. Though, at a later date after warranty period, I plan to get a bass tube/woofer along with an amplifier.

Please look for both these models on the Sony website (I have provided the links in my earlier post). Do not pay any single paise extra more than the MRP listed on the website. No extra charges were asked from me including any wiring etc.

What I suggest you is to once again have a word with your dealer, else call up Nexa support and ask them why their dealers are charging more than the original MRP of the accessories listed on their manufacturer's website.

Even better, just take the delivery of your car from this showroom and get the quotation for accessories from any other Nexa showroom. You can get accessories installed from any Nexa showroom and not necessarily from the same dealer from where you are purchasing the car.

From which city you are making this purchase? I am sure there are more than one Nexa showroom in all cities across India.

Last edited by bluevolt : 10th October 2017 at 22:07.
Old 11th October 2017, 17:42   #2393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmano View Post
That's great. After how many days of replacing rear struts you got the call and what is your make month/year? I am wondering what would be the need to replace entire suspension set.
It was in June that rear struts were replaced. Mine is May-2016 built car as per VIN.

Today they replaced the entire front and rear suspension and the difference in evident.Suspension noise has reduced and ride has become better.

Also ride height has increased slightly, and cars looks slightly taller with this new set.
If I get a chance, I will try and park my car next to a Baleno for comparision and will report back.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 22:50   #2394
BHPian

Finally after long wait, i am getting my Alpha CVT Fire Red on 14th Oct.17. Done PDI yesterday, optional accessories bought are Mats, Hertz speakers replacing the OEM ones and door sill guard.
ashok_lat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 23:18   #2395
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Done PDI yesterday, optional accessories bought are Mats, Hertz speakers replacing the OEM ones and door sill guard.
Congratulations Sir.

Would you mind sharing prices for the Hertz speakers?
Old 12th October 2017, 07:06   #2396
BHPian

Thanks, ₹ 6000 for component, ₹ 5800 for the coaxial.
ashok_lat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 18:24   #2397
BHPian

Quote:
Would you be able to elaborate on this? Is it possible to fit the Alpha variant (or similar) camera to provide the picture on the standard display in the Delta variant, such that the guidelines also show up?

How can I get Nexa to do this, if at all possible? They have not offered such an alternative so far, and I don't want to do an after-market installation and risk voiding the warranty. They did offer to install Sony/Pioneer units (around Rs. 30,000) in place of the regular unit (for which they will give Rs. 3,000), but those are touch-screen ones, and I am not sure how the camera display stacks up against the Alpha (which is really good).

I am happy with the Delta variant, the only thing I need is a good camera added, preferably on the ICE unit rather than a separate screen on the dashboard, and if possible avoid a touch-screen display. I am much more comfortable with non-touchscreen versions.

Please tell me if I am making too much of an issue of this Are guidelines really useful, or that just going with the Delta with the dashboard camera display is good enough, and I should stop thinking this further (and save a ton of money)
Old 12th October 2017, 18:44   #2398
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertieWoosert View Post
Is it possible to fit the Alpha variant (or similar) camera to provide the picture on the standard display in the Delta variant, such that the guidelines also show up?
Here's the part number of the rear camera

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-screenshot_20171012183628.jpg

Part Number: 39970M68P00
Part Name: Camera Assy, Back
Price: ₹6,330*

*Price is indicative and for reference ONLY. Actual price may differ a bit so please check at MGP store in your city.

Quote:
You can order any part you want. Worst case, you can get the part number of camera and order it from any of the MGP stores in your city. And get it installed from accessory shop.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 19:13   #2399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Here's the part number of the rear camera

[Part Number: 39970M68P00
Part Name: Camera Assy, Back
Price: ₹6,330*
Thank you. Is it possible to fit this on the Delta variant so that the display shows up on the ICE unit, with guidelines? Or is the (smaller) screen of the Delta not compatible/useful for the display?

If not, is it possible to install a non-touchscreen ICE display that is compatible? Or the only option is the Sony/Pioneer units that Nexa mentioned?
Old 12th October 2017, 19:18   #2400
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertieWoosert View Post
Would you be able to elaborate on this? Is it possible to fit the Alpha variant (or similar) camera to provide the picture on the standard display in the Delta variant, such that the guidelines also show up?

How can I get Nexa to do this, if at all possible? They have not offered such an alternative so far, and I don't want to do an after-market installation and risk voiding the warranty. They did offer to install Sony/Pioneer units (around Rs. 30,000) in place of the regular unit (for which they will give Rs. 3,000), but those are touch-screen ones, and I am not sure how the camera display stacks up against the Alpha (which is really good).

I am happy with the Delta variant, the only thing I need is a good camera added, preferably on the ICE unit rather than a separate screen on the dashboard, and if possible avoid a touch-screen display. I am much more comfortable with non-touchscreen versions.

Please tell me if I am making too much of an issue of this Are guidelines really useful, or that just going with the Delta with the dashboard camera display is good enough, and I should stop thinking this further (and save a ton of money)
Yes, i think it is possible to get the alpha variant camera with a external display with some minor alterations. But you wont be getting the guidelines since those lines are coupled with the display software . You will need to first check the following .

->The connectors on the camera assembly.
->Is there already a end point in the wiring harness of delta variant(Mostly it should be because wiring harness will seldom be made unique for each variant.)
-> The end point for the camera input in the dashboard.

Note - you will need wiring diagram of baleno for this.

If all these are there then you will be easily able to couple the MGP camera with external display with minimum modifications.

Another option is to look for high quality HD reversing camera and display on Aliexpress and the likes and order it from there. This is also a really good option if you are not so comfortable to tearing apart the new car to wiring harness and stuff.

Example listing -
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...sing+camera+HD
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed