Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2017, 15:15   #2446
BHPian

Re: Baleno - Reverse Parking Camera - Feedback Requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertieWoosert View Post
As an update, I finally decided to go with the Alpha variant.
I thought life was simple now that I had finally booked the Baleno couple of weeks ago.

If only.

The confusion now is over the color, which I appreciate is a highly subjective topic. I have booked the Premium Urban Blue color. However, I am now questioning whether is too gaudy/shiny/tacky on road. I had seen one a while back, and had liked it then, but at that time I had not finalized the Baleno, so hadn't seen very closely. Seeing the colors on the color-pad in the showroom, or in videos/photographs doesn't give me a very good feel of how it will look on the road. I have been keeping a watch over the past several days to see if I can spot one on the road, but so far haven't had any luck. I have asked the RM to let me know when there is one in the showroom for delivery, but there have been none in the past week or so. Their yard is quite far away, so would be difficult to travel all the way.

The fact that these are so rare, also makes me wonder if this color will have a very low resale value, although I am planning to keep it for at least 8 years, so hopefully that is not a problem.

I did spot an S-Cross in this color, which to me looked great with the blue/black combo; not sure how that translates to the Baleno though. I also saw that the Urban Blue is now replaced by the Nexa Blue for the S-Cross, so that seems to be another indication that this is not a popular color.

I don't have too many other options. Silver, white and Gray are straight-away out for me, as I find these to be generally bland where cars are concerned. The Ray-Blue is okay, although I find it a little boring, a little too popular and a little on the "safe" side. The Autumn orange is too close to brown for my liking, while the Red is just a shade too bright.

Any thoughts? I would really like to keep my choice of Urban Blue, but need something to make me more comfortable. What would be the best bet to find a Baleno in Urban Blue on the road and see for myself? Never imagined this would be so difficult.

Otherwise, may decide to shift to the Ray Blue or the Red.
Old 8th November 2017, 15:29   #2447
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Discounts?

There is a waiting period of close to 12 weeks for the car mate. And the sales adviser you will ask this will give you the same expression as the smiley above. I am going to be booking Alpha CVT later this month to ensure that I get a 2018 car and don't end up with a car in December. If you do manage to get some discounts then do let me know too.
For the same reason I have not yet booked. The RM said waiting period is 40 days here in Bengaluru and that I should book in Nov so that I can get delivery in Jan 2018.
Old 8th November 2017, 16:22   #2448
BHPian

Quote:
.. Any thoughts? I would really like to keep my choice of Urban Blue, but need something to make me more comfortable. What would be the best bet to find a Baleno in Urban Blue on the road and see for myself? Never imagined this would be so difficult.

Otherwise, may decide to shift to the Ray Blue or the Red.
Yes the Urban Blue is not a popular choice for the Baleno, probably because most people go for the Ray Blue. That said, my Baleno RS is in Urban Blue and I definitely do not regret the choice. It suits the car quiet nicely and it does look different. I can send you some pics if you require.
ROG_AK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 16:27   #2449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
That said, my Baleno RS is in Urban Blue and I definitely do not regret the choice. It suits the car quiet nicely and it does look different. I can send you some pics if you require.
Really glad to hear that from an Urban Blue owner! If you can share some pics, it would really help to calm my mind.
Old 8th November 2017, 16:28   #2450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
Yes the Urban Blue is not a popular choice for the Baleno, probably because most people go for the Ray Blue. That said, my Baleno RS is in Urban Blue and I definitely do not regret the choice. It suits the car quiet nicely and it does look different. I can send you some pics if you require.
That's one ironic statement after how famous you've become ROG_AK Just joking no hard feelings.
Old 8th November 2017, 16:39   #2451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
That's one ironic statement after how famous you've become ROG_AK Just joking no hard feelings.
Ha ha I guess the regret is in the choice of the service centre and the poor car was the victim.
Old 8th November 2017, 19:58   #2452
BHPian

Quote:
I thought life was simple now that I had finally booked the Baleno couple of weeks ago.

If only.

The confusion now is over the color, which I appreciate is a highly subjective topic. I have booked the Premium Urban Blue color. However, I am now questioning whether is too gaudy/shiny/tacky on road.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4291272

My car in the same colour. A couple of people came up and said 'nice color' if that helps. I personally love it - responds extremely well to detailing. Also, 'changes color' quite a bit depending on time of day/play of shadows.
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 11:58   #2453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
A couple of people came up and said 'nice color' if that helps. I personally love it - responds extremely well to detailing. Also, 'changes color' quite a bit depending on time of day/play of shadows.
You have no idea how much it helps!

Thanks to you and ROG_AK, I am not just over my apprehension, but in fact, I am happy that I chose this color over the others. Cannot wait to see her now.
Old 10th November 2017, 12:29   #2454
BHPian

Hi all

Just had complete suspension kit replaced (rear struts were replaced before) on my 2016 Baleno delta CVT. If someone has already done this- can you look at part numbers and confirm if it seem right (image attached)

I see a phenomenal difference in ride quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-baleno-suspension-replacement.jpg  

Old 11th November 2017, 14:56   #2455
BHPian

Does anybody know if 5th year warranty is available to customers who have already purchased 3rd and 4th year warranty? The website does not even list that as an option.
Old 11th November 2017, 15:04   #2456
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Does anybody know if 5th year warranty is available to customers who have already purchased 3rd and 4th year warranty? The website does not even list that as an option.
Yes, the website doesn't mention about it. The dealer has confirmed to me that it's available even for owners with EW till 3rd / 4 th year. Visit your nearest dealer for the details and pricing.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2017, 18:01   #2457

Yes MASS have recently launched 3 year extended warranty for a price of approx Rs18000 inclusive of GST
Old 11th November 2017, 18:46   #2458
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
If someone has already done this- can you look at part numbers and confirm if it seem right (image attached)
Yes, the part numbers are correct. I have posted a detailed thread too about it

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-warranty.html
Old 11th November 2017, 19:11   #2459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Yes, the part numbers are correct. I have posted a detailed thread too about it

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-warranty.html
Thanks for confirming Doc.
Old 14th November 2017, 11:19   #2460
BHPian

I want to know from all the Baleno owners who have owned this car for at least last 1 year. I have been observing the Baleno around and i feel it does not age well. Almost all the baleno cars have too many dents , broken mud flaps and generally start looking very dull soon. Do the owners agree to my observation.
amolathalye is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks