Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2018, 19:32   #2641
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
Guys, My RM informed me that the car is in transit. I asked him for the VIN number for my car. He tells me that the car will reach Maruti stockyard in Bangalore and only once I make the complete payment the car will be released to Kalyani Nexa and then he can share the VIN number. Does this make sense?

Also, the car has been dispatched from Haryana on 4th March. RM says he will deliver the car before 17th March. Can I reasonably expect to get my car in this timeline?

Hi, first of all congrats for the upcoming ride. The stockyard must be owned by the dealer n not by Maruti. Yes, indeed these are tactics to get advance payments. I too argued to my dealer to provide VIN no, as they get this in advance when the billing of vehicle is done from manufacturing plant.
absnation is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2018, 12:07   #2642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Did you fill fuel after service? If that is the case, I suspect bad fuel.
Oh! My car is at the workshop since yesterday.

Reason - Rat bite

It looks like the CVT cable has got damaged.

Meantime, I have ask them to check the fuel filter also.
Old 9th March 2018, 12:50   #2643
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys, My RM informed me that the car is in transit. I asked him for the VIN number for my car. He tells me that the car will reach Maruti stockyard in Bangalore and only once I make the complete payment the car will be released to Kalyani Nexa and then he can share the VIN number. Does this make sense??
Classic dealer tactic to get customer funds for buying inventory instead of using his own. VIN is available the moment stock is allotted to dealers, so no reason they can't share unless they actually don't have the car yet.

Don't pay a dime until you get the full VIN, and preferably inspect the car in person. If the dealer doesn't co-operate, involve the manufacturer.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2018, 14:17   #2644
BHPian

Team

I feel the car is a little sluggish and jerky around 1100-1400 rpm, irrespective of the gear. Mind you, I'm not lugging the engine by driving at low RPMs in higher gears, just that I'm very light on the throttle especially in our traffic conditions. The MID also confirms I'm in the right gear.

Is this how the behaviour is due to weak low end torque or is it an issue with my car?
Old 13th March 2018, 13:27   #2645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Team

I feel the car is a little sluggish and jerky around 1100-1400 rpm, irrespective of the gear. Mind you, I'm not lugging the engine by driving at low RPMs in higher gears, just that I'm very light on the throttle especially in our traffic conditions. The MID also confirms I'm in the right gear.

Is this how the behaviour is due to weak low end torque or is it an issue with my car?
Hi,

I've clocked more than 16k km on my Baleno petrol and I'm facing the same issue in the similar RPM range. It feels as if there is a kind of a vibration due to some imbalanced rotating part or as if the clutch is slipping off and not delivering the required output. This is not only happening in traffic conditions but at cruising speeds as well (while over taking). Suggestions welcome.
Old 14th March 2018, 06:10   #2646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
Hi,

I've clocked more than 16k km on my Baleno petrol and I'm facing the same issue in the similar RPM range. It feels as if there is a kind of a vibration due to some imbalanced rotating part or as if the clutch is slipping off and not delivering the required output. This is not only happening in traffic conditions but at cruising speeds as well (while over taking). Suggestions welcome.
Faced this issue when I clocked more than 1L km on my 1st gen baleno. The vibration would be felt on steering as well and it was always random. I was told, its wheel alignment / tire balance / shocks etc. The car did another 10K and it was not solved. Debugged with multiple Maruti service centers. One of them even said , it has done more than 1L and its just old now, you have to live with it The symptoms you had mentioned, low RPM / even at higher speeds on highways while overtaking. Sometimes, when I stop on the signal, it will give a small vibration while standing still before settling down. Finally a guy figured out its due to some component of gear and fixing that made the ride very comfortable.

Last edited by navin : 14th March 2018 at 12:11. Reason: typo
Old 14th March 2018, 06:47   #2647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absnation View Post
Hi, first of all congrats for the upcoming ride. The stockyard must be owned by the dealer n not by Maruti. Yes, indeed these are tactics to get advance payments. I too argued to my dealer to provide VIN no, as they get this in advance when the billing of vehicle is done from manufacturing plant.
Maruti Suzuki does have a stock yard in Bangalore. For dealerships in Kerala atleast despatches do come from here.
Old 14th March 2018, 20:03   #2648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
Maruti Suzuki does have a stock yard in Bangalore. For dealerships in Kerala atleast despatches do come from here.
Right, the dealer confirmed again after an angry conversation that Maruti has a stockyard in Dabaspete some 25 kms from Bangalore on NH 4 (now called NH 48). Only once the car is invoiced (85% payment) the car is dispatched to the dealer.
Old 15th March 2018, 13:11   #2649
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
.... Only once the car is invoiced (85% payment) the car is dispatched to the dealer.
How is that stopping them from giving you a VIN# for the car allotted against your booking?

You paid a booking amount, they got a car from the manufacturer against that order, now you are well within your rights to not pay anything more until you see the car and are satisfied to proceed.

You're not responsible for buying dealer inventory, unless you're feeling generous.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 15th March 2018 at 13:12.
Old 15th March 2018, 16:14   #2650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Oh! My car is at the workshop since yesterday.

Reason - Rat bite

It looks like the CVT cable has got damaged.

Meantime, I have ask them to check the fuel filter also.
Got the CVT cable replaced for Rs 1200/-. Yes, the movement between P-R-N-R definitely feels butter smooth.

Not sure if its a placebo effect, I feel the rubber band effect has slightly decreased

The reason for sluggish behavior was due to bad fuel

So, got the car tanked up at my usual BP bunk at Meenambakkam and the drive now is silky smooth.
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 16:27   #2651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Right, the dealer confirmed again after an angry conversation that Maruti has a stockyard in Dabaspete some 25 kms from Bangalore on NH 4 (now called NH 48). Only once the car is invoiced (85% payment) the car is dispatched to the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
This is correct. Maruti has a hub here to which they dispatch cars. Till this point I believe that cars are not alloted to the customer. Once a dealership has a customer, the vehicle is alloted to the customer and dispatched. However the dealer needs to pay up some funds to Maruti to get it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
How is that stopping them from giving you a VIN# for the car allotted against your booking?

You paid a booking amount, they got a car from the manufacturer against that order, now you are well within your rights to not pay anything more until you see the car and are satisfied to proceed.

You're not responsible for buying dealer inventory, unless you're feeling generous.
Correct. They quoted the same story first to me when I got my RS and later to my friend when he picked his Baleno. They basically said they needed full payment before they can allot the car and give the VIN number. Both of us insisted that we want the VIN and would transfer the bulk of the funds only after we inspect the car in their yard. Part of their fear seems to be that the customer will back out once the car has reached. You absolutely don't need to do this but you can transfer a token amount above the booking amount as a good will gesture and perhaps share your loan approval. Always request for a mail communication even their insistence that the VIN can be shared only after you pay. This usually makes them back down as Maruti has never prescribes this. I paid up only after I saw the car, my friend transferred 50K to convey his seriousness.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Last edited by shibujp : 15th March 2018 at 16:29.
Old 15th March 2018, 16:30   #2652
Distinguished - BHPian

New Swift steering in Baleno (Plug & Play)

It will cost around 12k.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20180315wa0048.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20180315wa0041.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20180315wa0043.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 16:35   #2653
BHPian

Quote:
New Swift steering in Baleno (Plug & Play)

It will cost around 12k.
Wow. Dr. Naren, can you please help us with the part numbers required for this replacement? I shall check with MSM if they can help me with this swap.

Also, what was the time taken for this?
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 17:03   #2654
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Wow. Dr. Naren, can you please help us with the part numbers required for this replacement? I shall check with MSM if they can help me with this swap.
I don't have the part numbers right now. This was just experimented to check the compatibility. I would be placing the order soon and get this installed next month. Only 2 parts are needed : Steering wheel (Z / Z+) and steering airbag module.

Quote:
Also, what was the time taken for this?
This is a simple procedure, did not take much time. I was not present personally during the installation.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 17:42   #2655
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Wow. Dr. Naren, can you please help us with the part numbers required for this replacement?
Quote:
I don't have the part numbers right now.Only 2 parts are needed : Steering wheel (Z / Z+) and steering airbag module.
Steering Wheel: 48110M55RG0-CV3
Airbag Module Assy: 48150M55R20-BJC

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks