Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2018, 10:59   #2806
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEA View Post
I thought the AC cabin filter is installed from the factory. Did you mean you got it replaced during the second service?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupé View Post
I have the same question. Our Baleno is due for second service next month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Baleno does comes with cabin air / ac filter. Mine is Alpha variant. I believe it comes with the filter in lower variants as well. I don't think that is a huge money for Maruti to skip it on lower variants.
Mine is a 2017 May Zeta variant. During the second service I was told by the service advisors to get it installed as it isn't a standard fitment. I have read couple of other members too getting it installed. Not sure if it became standard on the later months.

Edit : Have done a round trip of 450 KM last weekend to Srisailam Ghats (Nallamalla forest range). The ghat roads are for about 80 KM and this entire stretch the car struggled, this is again where i felt it needed some more power or maybe I should have had a diesel car. We were 5 adults in the car with some light luggage and since it's was afternoon, the AC was on. Passengers were happy with the chiller AC (UV cut glasses are saviours here) and loads of space but I wasn't enjoying the drive.

Last edited by Abhi_abarth : 31st May 2018 at 11:05. Reason: Added text
Old 31st May 2018, 11:33   #2807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Passengers were happy with the chiller AC (UV cut glasses are saviours here) and loads of space but I wasn't enjoying the drive.
I have a feeling you're shifting up too early - the same mistake I was doing since I was driving a diesel before.

I've realized the only way to be quick is to shift up around 3 - 5k RPM. Also, the gearbox needs to be worked constantly for quick progress. The passengers will feel the engine is under a lot of strain due to the amount of engine noise that creeps into the cabin above 3k RPM.
Old 31st May 2018, 12:40   #2808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post

a) OEM Baleno RS side skirts

Those of you who are looking forward to get this on your vehicle, please keep in mind that the entire running board needs to be replaced. The running board is completely different in Baleno RS from non-RS variants.
Looks good with the skirts. I guess the front chin spoilers and the rear faux diffuser would require a change of the bumpers right?

Could you share the part number for the OEM styrofoam tool holder and the bolt?

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 31st May 2018, 13:15   #2809

Hi all,
A question to Baleno Zeta Automatic owners in Hyderabad. What is the fuel efficiency you are getting with the vehicle?
My car is coming up for the final free service (it's been almost a year) and the fuel efficiency is hovering around the 11-12 Kmpl mark. This is with exclusive city driving with A/C on 100% of the time.
I was wondering whether this is something that's on expected lines or is there something I need to get checked?
Old 31st May 2018, 13:21   #2810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Looks good with the skirts. I guess the front chin spoilers and the rear faux diffuser would require a change of the bumpers right?

Could you share the part number for the OEM styrofoam tool holder and the bolt?

Drive on,
Shibu.

Thank you! Yes, the front and rear bumpers need to replaced to get OEM RS spoiler. For now, I have installed Samurai bumper lip for the front bumpers and I have fixed Matt Black 3M sticker in the rear bumper to give that faux diffuser look.

Part Number for Styrofoam - 75461M79M00

I dont have the part number for the bolt though. You can ask your MASS to get you the spare wheel bolt from S-Cross (or) Celerio.

But, please keep in mind that, once you fix the styrofoam holder, the boot mat doesn't stay firm. The holder sits slightly taller, so I guess the base of the foam needs to be slightly trimmed.
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 13:34   #2811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
I have a feeling you're shifting up too early - the same mistake I was doing since I was driving a diesel before.

I've realized the only way to be quick is to shift up around 3 - 5k RPM. Also, the gearbox needs to be worked constantly for quick progress. The passengers will feel the engine is under a lot of strain due to the amount of engine noise that creeps into the cabin above 3k RPM.
I am diligently following the gear change indicators. And I agree with you on the RPM and engine noise thing
Old 3rd June 2018, 15:16   #2812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joserajesh View Post
Hi all,
A question to Baleno Zeta Automatic owners in Hyderabad. What is the fuel efficiency you are getting with the vehicle?
Hi, my Delta CVT used to give me around 11 kmpl in the first 2 weeks of city driving. I live in Ahmedabad where the traffic discipline is especially bad and frequent braking and acceleration is required. The heat here ensures that the AC is always on. I gradually got used to the CVT gearbox and have developed a more sedate driving style. Post the first free service I am getting an average kmpl of 13. Please note that the car has only been driven in the city since the purchase. I am yet to take it on a highway sprint.
Old 4th June 2018, 22:52   #2813
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

I'm facing a peculiar problem these days. It's hard to slot in to first, second and third gear. Gear shift is getting quite hard to slot in first gear when I move the car from stand still in daily traffic. Have been facing this from last 7 to 10 days. But now the gear shift to first one is getting harder day by day, would take the car to service center on upcoming weekend. Any suggestions for what could be the reason for the problem ?

Another thing, shall I take the car to Bimal motors (Old Airport Road) or NEXA Service center in Yelahanka.
Old 6th June 2018, 19:42   #2814
VEA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joserajesh View Post
Hi all,
My car is coming up for the final free service (it's been almost a year) and the fuel efficiency is hovering around the 11-12 Kmpl mark. This is with exclusive city driving with A/C on 100% of the time.
I was wondering whether this is something that's on expected lines or is there something I need to get checked?
You are getting exactly what I am getting in Cochin traffic with 100% AC on. If part of my drive involves suburbs I am lucky enough to get 13kmpl. But overall, 12kmpl.
Old 6th June 2018, 21:02   #2815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEA View Post
You are getting exactly what I am getting in Cochin traffic with 100% AC on. If part of my drive involves suburbs I am lucky enough to get 13kmpl. But overall, 12kmpl.
In Chennai mine goes around 13 kmpl
Old 10th June 2018, 18:44   #2816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
I am diligently following the gear change indicators. And I agree with you on the RPM and engine noise thing
I wouldn't suggest following the gear indicators when driving around a ghat section. Quite a bit of ghat driving expertise comes from experience actually. Slowly once you get the hang of your vehicle you will be able to extract the most out of it.

I belong to a hilly area so hilly driving was always something I enjoyed a lot and learnt lot of small tricks from my dad who is a seasoned driver himself.

The thing with NA petrol engines is that you keep them revved up to extract the juice out of it. So while climbing a ghat section, keep it in 2nd or 3rd during straights. Also while upshift, try to push it to around 2500-3000 rpm before shifting. For a corner, downshift before the turn (also try rev matching) so that your engine is already at a higher rpm and then make the turn.
This way you might lose speed a bit during turn but since your engine is already running high, it will pull off easily.

After the suspension change, Baleno has a bit of body roll while cornering but even then the sprightly engine compensates for it and makes it a decent drive. Just keep it running a bit high, the engine loves it and so will you.
puneetakhouri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2018, 20:42   #2817
Senior - BHPian

Made few modifications to my Baleno Sigma.

-> Changed the front grill to the chrome grill

-> Installed rear backdoor chrome garnish spoiler

-> Added chrome to body colored door handles

-> Installed new seat covers.

The first 3 upgrades (Cost Approx Rs. 5,000) have enhanced the look of the car for sure. All parts are Maruti Nexa OEM.

Seat covers are faux leather available in Nexa showroom for Rs. 6395.

Pics -

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-baleno-1.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-baleno-2.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-baleno-3.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-baleno-4.jpg
bluevolt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2018, 12:28   #2818
BHPian

Hey,

I am at mechanic for denting and painting. But not able to find paint code.
Can anyone please tell me where is the Baleno paint code written in the car?

Thanks
Raj
Old 11th June 2018, 14:17   #2819
BHPian

Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpandey10 View Post
Hey,

I am at mechanic for denting and painting. But not able to find paint code.

Can anyone please tell me where is the Baleno paint code written in the car?

Thanks

Raj

As far as I know, the paint code will be known only at the manufacturer facility or the local service center. But you can take the fuel lid to a reputed automotive paint store who will mix and match the paint.
Good luck!
petrolhead_chn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2018, 15:51   #2820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
As far as I know, the paint code will be known only at the manufacturer facility or the local service center. But you can take the fuel lid to a reputed automotive paint store who will mix and match the paint.
Good luck!
Finally that's what we have done. We didn't find paint code written in the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks