Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2018, 16:06   #2821
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Can this car handle bad patches of road for long periods.? say Ladakh or Spiti circuits.
Old 11th June 2018, 17:08   #2822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaseer View Post
Can this car handle bad patches of road for long periods.? say Ladakh or Spiti circuits.

Change the ORM tyres to some reputed solos ones and you are all set. There is no doubt why the car would not pass. However I haven't been to those places so not sure if the car would move around or give way where even M800s can only squeeze through narrow roads.
Old 11th June 2018, 17:33   #2823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaseer View Post
We've just seen a beautiful travelogue from a fellow member where an Etios has done Spiti. I see no reason why a Baleno with a shorter wheelbase and same GC can't do it. Ladakh is anyway much easier now compared to Spiti.
Added_flavor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2018, 23:30   #2824
BHPian

Guys,

Two questions

1.) What is the wiper blade size for Baleno ?
2.) Do we have separate washer fluid reservoir for rear wiper ?( I couldn't find one though)
Old 11th June 2018, 23:42   #2825
Senior - BHPian

There is a long scratch on lower door portion of my car. Scratch is on both doors.

Please advise how to remove the scratch? Any DIY?
Old 12th June 2018, 00:40   #2826
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
There is a long scratch on lower door portion of my car. Scratch is on both doors.

Please advise how to remove the scratch? Any DIY?
Depends on how deep it is. If it is superficial, try spraying WD40 and cleaning it with a dry cloth. It worked wonders on my rear right door that had a 4 inch superficial scratch left by an errant biker. Same thing on the right ORVM.

However, it did not work on a deeper scratch on the rear bumper left by another biker.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2018, 20:13   #2827
BHPian

Update:

Baleno Petrol Manual Alpha

My car now completed 6700KM. My drive is 50% - 50% city and highway. Mileage I get in the city is around 15kmpl and in the highway around 17 - 18kmpl. Tankful to tankful method.

Two Services were completed. Engine oil changed twice, air filter changed once, AC air filter changed twice.

I have noticed these after 6 months:
  • Front doors are light but rear doors are unbelievably lighter. I don't think it can sustain a crash if somebody crash in those rear doors. It is the section where we are supposed to keep our children. I am not at all feeling safe to have my toddler in my car
  • Also try to shake the plastics in the rear door and they are not strong. They are very flimsy and shakes like crazy
  • Try to press the rear quarter panel metal part, it flexes like a card board. The same is not happening in i20 but it is there in Jazz but not as bad as Baleno.
Niggles:
  • Rattles are now started appear on my car. I think they are coming from doors.
  • Sometimes during cold start, a whistling noise is coming. Checked this in the service center and they said it is normal.
Want to know more what I think about my car. See here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post4414117
amvj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th June 2018, 21:12   #2828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
I am not at all feeling safe to have my toddler in my car
Buddy, I have been noticing your posts filled with negativity and hatred for your car in multiple threads. Why don't you sell it and make peace with it man?

Also, I want to share a bit of perspective here.
  • If safety was measured your way, we'd not need sophisticated crash tests. All we'd need is a bunch of guys sticking fingers all over cars to see how much they flex.
  • If the thickness of sheet metal saved lives, we'd see no deaths in European cars. Heck, even Ambys and Padminis would be invincible and never go out of production because the tester would come back with a broken finger post the tests!

You have all rights to put any stickers on your car, bud! It doesn't change a thing! All you're doing is spoiling your peace and driving around with hate, paranoia and panic!

Sorry if this comes across a little curt, but life is too short to live with and spread hate! I reiterate, just sell it and make peace with yourself!
Added_flavor is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th June 2018, 21:49   #2829
Senior - BHPian

Agree. Luckily Baleno has a good resale value, so he won't loose as much. Why to crib and cry when life is short and remedy is easy. Sell off the 'tin can' and buy a preferred car.
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2018, 22:24   #2830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Sorry if this comes across a little curt, but life is too short to live with and spread hate! I reiterate, just sell it and make peace with yourself!
+1.

Every car has its shortfalls. For any car owner, safety is of paramount importance. Everyone judges the safety of a car by various factors. Some by crash test results, some by pressing the panels and feeling the light weightiness of the rear door. So why keep driving a car if according to the owner is a tin can or can put lives of their loved ones in danger?

So instead of repeatedly complaining, if you are not convinced by the car, Just sell it off.
bluevolt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th June 2018, 07:27   #2831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Agree. Luckily Baleno has a good resale value....
Not with those funny stickers. One has to remove it for sure before doing anything related to selling
Old 14th June 2018, 09:27   #2832
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have noticed these after 6 months:[list][*]Front doors are light but rear doors are unbelievably lighter. I don't think it can sustain a crash if somebody crash in those rear doors. It is the section where we are supposed to keep our children. I am not at all feeling safe to have my toddler in my car
The answer to this is in your own post below
Quote:
We cannot judge structural strength until we see some crash tests. Also the structural strength cannot be judged by the weight of the car or weight of a component (ex: heavy doors).

For example, Toyota Etios has a light build quality but earned 4 stars in NCAP rating.

We don't have a clear idea regarding structural strength in Indian cars. I don't have any high hopes. That said Maruti says Baleno is built with high safety standards as you can see in their brochure.

So the short answer is, we don't have an answer until we see some professional crash tests.
Quote:
UWant to know more what I think about my car. See here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post4414117
I saw those stickers and they are creative! I liked it very much

First things first, I don't like the current Maruti cars on sale in India. Apart from Scross may be but now that 1.6 is also not there, even that wouldn't feature in my list if I am out to buy a car in that price bracket. So I understand what you are talking about.

But my first car was an 800 and we purchased an Alto K10 in 2016 for my wife. Both of those were strictly because there were no other options in the budget limitation we had at the time of purchase. Though I don't like the Alto even now, it serves the purpose that it was purchased for. So I don't actually "hate" it.

I see that you are on TBHP since 9 years now and assume you fairly read the forum.
1 simple question-What were you doing before the purchase?
The forum has truckloads of invaluable information on all the cars in that segment. Didn't you read it before spending your hard earned money? Apart from that didn't you test drive cars before plonking your earnings into it? In your case I easily see 3 similar cars - Polo, i20 or even Punto that you could've purchased. IIRC you tried to book an Abarth but the manufacturing was I guess almost stopped (To accommodate compass or whatever)

To each his own, each car suits a particular person and he is the best judge of it. No car will meet all the criteria-buy the one which meets the most. and we should check these before making the purchase.
Some times we humans do make mistakes. Blinded by some things, or misguided by someone or simply by being negligent...there may be 100s of reasons. As Added_flavour has written above, just sell it and make peace. I admire you for admitting your mistake publicly. it takes guts and hats off to you for doing that. When you have done it, you can also easily learn from your mistake, get rid of it and move on instead of holding on to it and hating it. Life is too short for all these. These days when people do it with their life partners in our country, a car is nothing compared to that. Rightly pointed out by someone Baleno has good resale value and there are many people out there who will be happy to own it. win-win situation for both isn't it?

Cheers!
hemanth.anand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th June 2018, 21:23   #2833
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Want to know more what I think about my car. See here:
Sometimes, the best way to handle an issue, is to live with it and plan to rectify it in the future. I saw that you do not have the budget or inclination to change the car yet and rightly so. 3 years should be the minimum time to use a car and sell.. unless of course budget permits but even then 3 would be advisable.

Just live with the car, drive carefully (so that you feel safer), put a few more miles into the car till the time you feel financially confident to make a change. You can also consider used cars in the future so that you may get maximum bang for the buck. Alternatively you can spread the word around that you may sell the car if the right offer comes.. then sell when the highest price is quoted.

Also you seem like a discerning buyer, in the sense that you pay close attention to the details so I'm very surprised why you didn't catch many of the issues at the showroom. This is why test-drives should be long and comprehensive.. so that you do not regret in the future. Also I've been taught that feedback is the backbone of product improvements.. never think that your personal mails aren't read.. if the company receives enough of such feedback they will sit and think for sure. In any case of dissatisfied product experience, write to the marketing or PR team about :

1) The shortcomings of the product according to you.
2) The niggles or problems that you've personally faced with the product.
3) What you feel should improve.
4) How they can make you feel better/reassured.

We all have our biases and I'm also bold enough to admit that I do too.. however risks exist with every decision we make, it is what we do to lower the risk that counts. You've taken steps to publicize a product weakness publicly.. but do try to reach out personally to the company as well. There are options to reduce sound (noise/vibration/harshness) emanating from doors/hood, though they do cost extra money, just a tip in case you decide to retain the car for longer and like a peaceful, quiet cabin till the time you do.

Last edited by dark.knight : 14th June 2018 at 21:26.
Old 15th June 2018, 09:33   #2834
AKB
BHPian

Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Need a quick input from the community here: I have nearly finalized Delta CVT as my second car to be used in city driving. I have a fairly neutral driving style and am happy with the power output. A last minute hitch has come up -i20 CVT. While Baleno has more space but I am not looking for space only. I have a Ciaz so another Suzuki will be essentially same experience in the cabin due to shared parts.

What I want to check with the experts here is if anyone has done a TBHP type comparison of the two cars. Most of what I saw on internet looks biased. Any views from long drive on i20CVT and Baleno CVT? Specifically in city driving
Old 17th June 2018, 19:13   #2835
Senior - BHPian

Installed chrome/black side mouldings for my Baleno from Nexa. Unlike regular mouldings, these chrome striped black combination enhances the look of the car.

Price Rs. 1790.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20180617_111835.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks