Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2018, 18:20   #2836
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

CVT Owners - Please check and provide your inputs.

I've been noticing this behavior in the gearbox for quite some time. After the car is parked at an incline in 'P' mode with Handbrake pulled up and when I get back to the car and try shifting from 'P' mode to the next option, the entire stick feels damn heavy and just refuses to shift. I need to 'really' apply some pressure to the lever and then it shifts.

Please keep in mind that I shift the gear with the brakes fully depressed.

So, is this a normal phenomenon in a CVT gearbox and is something wrong with my vehicle?
Old 18th June 2018, 18:48   #2837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post

I've been noticing this behavior in the gearbox for quite some time. After the car is parked at an incline in 'P' mode with Handbrake pulled up and when I get back to the car and try shifting from 'P' mode to the next option, the entire stick feels damn heavy and just refuses to shift. I need to 'really' apply some pressure to the lever and then it shifts.

So, is this a normal phenomenon in a CVT gearbox and is something wrong with my vehicle?
I am not an expert here but just a query.

Do you first put on the parking brake or put the transmission into P.

Could you try once to park putting on the parking brake first, release the foot brake and then press the foot brake and shift into P and see if there is a difference?

Last edited by nmenon : 18th June 2018 at 18:48. Reason: Changes in text
Old 18th June 2018, 18:59   #2838
Senior - BHPian

Its been about 10500 KM on our CVT and i havent encountered such a problem yet Prodigy. I did check with my wife, who actually drives this mostly, and she hasnt come across this problem yet.
Old 18th June 2018, 19:04   #2839
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Yes this is a normal phenomenon, since the load is on the parking pin the box is not able to shift out easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
Do you first put on the parking brake or put the transmission into P.

Could you try once to park putting on the parking brake first, release the foot brake and then press the foot brake and shift into P and see if there is a difference?
Like mentioned above, right way to park automatic cars would be:

Come to stand still > Engage Park brake fully (if at an incline, release the foot brake gently to double check parking brakes have engaged full, can be done in N mode) > then re-apply foot brake and then move the shifter to Park mode. This will avoid putting excess load on the shifter mechanism and an easy release when starting off. You can refer your car user manual, it would also mention the same.
Jaggu is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th June 2018, 19:08   #2840
BHPian

Quote:

I've been noticing this behavior in the gearbox
Hi, I have parked on an incline on a few occassions. I have not faced this issue.
Old 19th June 2018, 17:29   #2841
BHPian

Hi team,
I booked Baleno Alpha Petrol MT in Granite Gray colour from Nexa, preet vihar. I haven't got any discounts or freebies. I have planned on few accessories like Door visor=1790
3D Mats= 1548
Seat Covers Liquid Flow= 9990
Illuminated Door sill Guard=2890
Mud Flap= 790
Body Cover= 998

All accessories Are Nexa Genuine Accessories.
Total amount turns out to be 18,006. Please let me know if I should consider aftermarket accessories or not as I am feeling that these are unreasonably highly priced.

Also, suggest me some accessories and their source (Nexa or aftermarket) and let me know if you have got at least some discounts or deals on the Baleno Alpha Petrol MT.
Regards
Old 19th June 2018, 17:55   #2842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manan_02 View Post
Hi team,
I booked Baleno Alpha Petrol MT in Granite Gray colour from Nexa, preet vihar. I haven't got any discounts or freebies. I have planned on few accessories like Door visor=1790
3D Mats= 1548
Seat Covers Liquid Flow= 9990
Illuminated Door sill Guard=2890
Mud Flap= 790
Body Cover= 998

All accessories Are Nexa Genuine Accessories.
Total amount turns out to be 18,006. Please let me know if I should consider aftermarket accessories or not as I am feeling that these are unreasonably highly priced.

Also, suggest me some accessories and their source (Nexa or aftermarket) and let me know if you have got at least some discounts or deals on the Baleno Alpha Petrol MT.
Regards
As far as I know, there is not even a single rupee discount on the Baleno. So, there is no point in asking the RM for it. You could try to bargain on the accessories.
Some inputs from my side
Mats that I got was a 4 piece set with the rear middle piece not being in the set. So, do check for it and preferably get an aftermarket one with perfect fit not hindering the operation of the ABC pedals
Door visor - They are of no use as you will have to use the AC and the defogger in the rains, and no point in getting the visors if you can't keep the windows open. Also, once removed, the glue still remains, giving it a shoddy look.
Afaik, Illuminated door sill guard is fit on the inner side of the door and the nonilluminated one on the outer. I don't think they are of any functional use.
Body cover - would suggest the premium one, as it is easier to fold and also lighter, thus, easier to use.
I would suggest getting underbody coating and keeping the car plain without any additional outer fittings or accessories apart from a beautiful team-bhp sticker :-)
koolguy_ani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 19:59   #2843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi team,
I booked Baleno Alpha Petrol MT in Granite Gray colour from Nexa, preet vihar.
What is the waiting period they quoted to you?
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 20:16   #2844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolguy_ani View Post
As far as I know, there is not even a single rupee discount on the Baleno... :-)
What about the seat covers? Should I purchase it from NEXA or from here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
What is the waiting period they quoted to you?
My RM said that she has blocked a car for me which she had in stock. I asked her if it is june 2018 Manufactured and she replied that this car sells quite well and no car stands for long time. Car is ready at their vasant kunj stock yard. I will be doing PDI befor saturday. Please adcice if i should go for this piece.
Old 19th June 2018, 20:35   #2845
BHPian

You can negotiate for discounts on accessories price for sure.

You can use this app to decode the VIN to find the date of manufacture.

Due to the high demand, it will be either June or May 2018.

Last edited by knightrider_7 : 19th June 2018 at 20:37.
knightrider_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 20:39   #2846
BHPian

Quote:

Like jaggu said, this is a normal phenomenon in AT cars, and isn't just limited to the Baleno. The best practice is to make sure the car comes to a rest on the handbrake, rather than the gear's pin mechanism.

If at all you find it difficult to shift the gear out of P, use the 'Shift release' button, and it will move out of P now.
Old 19th June 2018, 22:06   #2847
Senior - BHPian

It's normal to have a car with 2-3 months old manufacturing. But for Baleno, being in the waiting period, stocks are mostly fresh. Should not be a concern IMO.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2018, 16:01   #2848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider_7 View Post
Due to the high demand, it will be either June or May 2018.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Baleno being in the waiting period, stocks are mostly fresh. Should not be a concern IMO.
I have recieved the VIN from the SA. I have decoded it and it turns out to be MAY 2018 although I am not sure, that's why providing the VIN here. Should i go ahead with the purchase? Although the SA promised that it would be a June 2018 one. Please advise.
MA3EWB22SJE492532
Regards
Old 20th June 2018, 16:21   #2849
BHPian

Quote:
I have recieved the VIN from the SA. I have decoded it and it turns out to be MAY 2018 although I am not sure, that's why providing the VIN here. Should i go ahead with the purchase? Although the SA promised that it would be a June 2018 one. Please advise.
MA3EWB22SJE492532
Regards
Yes the VIN suggests it is June 2018 and I don't see any issue. You could ask the RM to allow you to do a PDI of the car before it is sent for registration. The Team Bhp checklist will help you there.

Congratulations and happy ownership!

Edit: I meant to type may 2018.

Last edited by Added_flavor : 20th June 2018 at 16:28.
Added_flavor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2018, 16:25   #2850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Yes the VIN suggests it is June 2018 and I don't see any issue.
It is May 2018 and not June 2018. Probably a typing error from you. Please clarify. Thanks for your input.
Also, Anybody up for PDI in east delhi on friday or saturday? Please PM

Last edited by Manan_02 : 20th June 2018 at 16:30.
Manan_02 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks