Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2018, 22:56   #2926
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
I just finished doing what you did a few days back. It is possible to install the LED in the boot light socket. Mind you I used the Osram 0.5W ones. But it does work.
I may be completely wrong on that part. But I did try the OSRAM 1W ones . They were thicker from the Head Area (from where the Output comes). I will check this soon and Update here accordingly.
Good to see that you too changed the bulbs. Please share Output Pictures.

OT: I did this yesterday only, Not many days ago

Regards
Old 16th September 2018, 23:00   #2927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manan_02 View Post
I may be completely wrong on that part. But I did try the OSRAM 1W ones . They were thicker from the Head Area (from where the Output comes)..

OT: I did this yesterday only, Not many days ago

Regards
I meant that I did this a few days ago. Just a heads up, for the centre light you need a 30-32mm one. I initially got one that was too long and had to order another one. Will share the pictures soon on my thread.
ROG_AK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2018, 14:01   #2928
BHPian

I checked the boot lamp again but could not fit the OSRAM 1W LED in it. LED is more thicker than the Stock Bulb. I have clicked some pictures too.
The LED shown here is not OSRAM in particular but it's Size is exactly the same. This is the chinese one. I previously checked with OSRAM only, But the result was same as today.

Boot Lamp Assembly
Notice the limited space provided. (in the green circle)
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20180917-13.46.55.jpg

The Stock Bulb
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20180917_1314241.jpg

LED Bulb
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20180917_1314391.jpg

Difference in the Size of the Bulbs
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20180917_1314471.jpg

I hope I have justified my earlier point and cleared the confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
I meant that I did this a few days ago. Just a heads up, for the centre light you need a 30-32mm one.
Sorry! My bad that I misunderstood you. Thanks for the Lead on Centre Light.

Regards

Last edited by Manan_02 : 17th September 2018 at 14:07.
Old 17th September 2018, 14:22   #2929
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manan_02 View Post
I checked the boot lamp again but could not fit the OSRAM 1W LED in it. LED is thicker than the Stock Bulb. I have clicked some pictures too.
Sir, I had the Swift ZDi earlier and it had the same boot lamp as in the Baleno. Check the link:
Boot light conversion to LED

Get a similar looking bulb as shown in the link above which fits. Sharing two links that may fit the holder:

https://www.amazon.in/Rudra-Automobiles-RA-28Ledw-Parking-Indicator/dp/B00QK5MED0

https://www.amazon.in/Guance-WV001RCA0147-Parking-Bulb-Honda/dp/B0755WJKJB
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2018, 10:13   #2930
BHPian

Hi,
I have booked a new Baleno Delta CVT and awaiting delaer's input on the VIN. It's not available ready in stock.
Details I have updated in this thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...ml#post4460048 (The "I Booked my Car" Thread)

I need one advice - From Maruti, the insurance (B2B) with 3 yrs TPA is costing INR 31595 whereas I have taken quotes from outside as well and they are offering same B2B with 3 yrs TPA for INR 30172 (the agent also added that he would return some cashback, probably INR 500-1K).

Now the difference is not huge but what do you all suggest - go with Maurti or get it from outside? Any specific advantages from Maruti/Nexa that you all are aware of?

Thanks in advance.
Roy.

Last edited by redeye10 : 18th September 2018 at 10:15. Reason: unwanted spaces
Old 18th September 2018, 16:48   #2931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeye10 View Post
Now the difference is not huge but what do you all suggest - go with Maurti or get it from outside? Any specific advantages from Maruti/Nexa that you all are aware of?

Thanks in advance.
Roy.
In my experience, the claiming process was very smooth when the insurance is via Maruti itself (Actual insurance may be National / ICICI etc..), but purchase it via them. My first care was a zen with national insurance taken separately, and in one of the insurance claim, I ended up coordinating during insurance inspection. For my baleno its always via maruti, and have replaced bumper due to a small accident. They took my car from the accident site and taken care of everything and gave it to me ready. All through the process, they said, what needs to be changed, what gets covered in insurance. Overall, very smooth. Since I have claimed insurance only twice in my life, this is my experience. The difference you are seeing is <1K, why take the risk. Unless someone confirms, it will be smooth whichever path you pick, its better to get it via Maruti itself.

Having said that, I sincerely wish you never have to use insurance in your life
gunsho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2018, 16:56   #2932
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
H
I need one advice - From Maruti, the insurance (B2B) with 3 yrs TPA is costing INR 31595 whereas I have taken quotes from outside as well and they are offering same B2B with 3 yrs TPA for INR 30172 (the agent also added that he would return some cashback, probably INR 500-1K).
31k should be for one year comprehensive and three years of TPA cover right? Check if both policies are of the same coverage type. Paying 1-2k for Maruti insurance will be worth since they handle claims well and the cost saving you get by going by your own insurance will be offset in case of a claim since cashless claims wont be possible and in the middle of all the mediation, the insurance company will deduct some part of the money and then reimburse the rest to you.

Unless you are getting something like 25% or more savings going with your own insurance, its not really beneficial to let go of Maruti Insurance.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2018, 17:19   #2933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsho View Post
The difference you are seeing is <1K, why take the risk. Unless someone confirms, it will be smooth whichever path you pick, its better to get it via Maruti itself.

Having said that, I sincerely wish you never have to use insurance in your life

Thanks gunsho for the suggestion. Yes, the discount is not of major issue here. Just wanted to be sure that the dealer is not coaxing me into getting something not worth of. But your reply along with audioholic's below, clarifies that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
31k should be for one year comprehensive and three years of TPA cover right? Check if both policies are of the same coverage type. Unless you are getting something like 25% or more savings going with your own insurance, its not really beneficial to let go of Maruti Insurance.
Yes they are of same coverage type and true, I am not getting any considerable discount. Thanks for your advice.

I will then go with Maruti insurance only.
Old 18th September 2018, 17:55   #2934
ada
BHPian

@Manan_02 Installed The OBDII Bluetooth connector along with Torque Pro App. Also managed to get the Torque App's screen On Alpha's SLDA
Here is a Screen Shot From SLDA

This is interesting, can you please guide how you did this?

Last edited by ada : 18th September 2018 at 17:57. Reason: addition
Old 18th September 2018, 20:22   #2935
BHPian

Hi All,
Another query - how does the stock MRF tyres on Baleno Delta CVT behave on highways?
Do you recommend to change it to Michelin or Yokohama immediately or can I survive with the MRFs?
Since this will be my first automatic car, please bear with my noob questions around this topic as I go along.

Thanks
Roy
Old 21st September 2018, 14:12   #2936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
...This is interesting, can you please guide how you did this?
Firstly ensure that your phone is Mirrorlink enabled.
Secondly, If you have a Samsung Phone, then Disable the Car Mode from settings.
Then, Install the older version of LG Mirror Drive from the Internet (Not the play store).
Also Install any On Screen Buttons App from PlayStore.
Connect the phone to SLDA through Mirrorlink, There you will get an option Of LG mirror Drive. Click that and Voila, Your phone's screen will be on SLDA.

Note:Though this method can mirror your screen on SLDA, I strongly recommend you to not use this for other apps as it causes distraction. This method can work with the car moving. Handbrake warning will appear sometimes and then go on its own. You can ignore that.

Quote:
Do you recommend to change it to Michelin or Yokohama immediately or can I survive with the MRFs
I personally feel that you can live with the MRFs unless you are considering upsizing to 195/55/R16 or 195/60/R15.
Manan_02 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2018, 15:58   #2937
BHPian

Hi All,
Back with some news with my Baleno Delta CVT booking.
After confirming the color as Nexa Blue last Wednesday (12th Sept), the dealer informed me that the car is planned to be dispatched from factory on 20th Sept, should reach Kolkata around 27th.
On 20th, my RM informed that still there was no news.

However dealer payment was verified by Maruti, so there should be some news today.
Now on inquiry, he is informing that seems there is no production of Nexa Blue Delta CVT. Also asking if I am interested on other color options which are ready to dispatch.
The RM has been polite and pretty clear all through this period.

But now I am getting confused on the actual status of my booking and when it can be expected to be delivered or dispatched, at all.
Please guide me what all my options are here now.

Cheers,
Roy
Old 22nd September 2018, 16:12   #2938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now on inquiry, he is informing that seems there is no production of Nexa Blue Delta CVT. Also asking if I am interested on other color options which are ready to dispatch.
The RM has been polite and pretty clear all through this period.

But now I am getting confused on the actual status of my booking and when it can be expected to be delivered or dispatched, at all.
Please guide me what all my options are here now.

Cheers,
Roy
First of all Nexa Blue is recently launched in Baleno ( approx 6 months back), I highly doubt production will be stopped so soon. I Think your dealer is indirectly just trying to push you for another color which is in stock . Pls stick strictly to your requirements of Color/ Model . Write a mail to MSIL and put the dealer in cc. It will put them in their place.
Old 23rd September 2018, 11:28   #2939
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,
Back with some news with my Baleno Delta CVT booking.
After confirming the color as Nexa Blue last Wednesday (12th Sept), the dealer informed me that the car is planned to be dispatched from factory on 20th Sept, should reach Kolkata around 27th.
On 20th, my RM informed that still there was no news.
You my friend are in the same situation as I was 5 months ago. I booked a Baleno Delta CVT in white. Dealer promised 4 weeks which then turned into 6 and then 8 and so on. He tried really hard to push me a Ray Blue and a Magma Red variant but I was adamant on white. I finally approached Maruti Customer Care and sent a few mails to the regional sales head in Gujarat. Finally got my car delivered in the 9th week. I checked the VIN and it was manufactured just a week before the delivery date.

My point is, this is nothing new with Maruti and the Baleno especially. Have patience and your patience will be rewarded with a great ownership experience. The Delta CVT is a great option.
targaryen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2018, 11:34   #2940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by targaryen View Post
You my friend are in the same situation as I was 5 months ago. I booked a Baleno Delta CVT in white. Dealer promised 4 weeks which then turned into 6 and then 8 and so on. He tried really hard to push me a Ray Blue and a Magma Red variant but I was adamant on white. I finally approached Maruti Customer Care and sent a few mails to the regional sales head in Gujarat. Finally got my car delivered in the 9th week. I checked the VIN and it was manufactured just a week before the delivery date.

My point is, this is nothing new with Maruti and the Baleno especially. Have patience and your patience will be rewarded with a great ownership experience. The Delta CVT is a great option.
Thanks targaryen. I am planning to go to the showroom today and try to get contacts of MSIL people.
Btw how is your experience with CVT? And also the light build quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
First of all Nexa Blue is recently launched in Baleno ( approx 6 months back), I highly doubt production will be stopped so soon. I Think your dealer is indirectly just trying to push you for another color which is in stock . Pls stick strictly to your requirements of Color/ Model . Write a mail to MSIL and put the dealer in cc. It will put them in their place.
Thanks karanraheja for the advice! Will try to do the same. 👍

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks