Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2016, 18:33   #286
BHPian

Just visited BIMAL Nexa showroom in Outer Ring Road Bangalore. Baleno price seems to be hiked by about 3%. Alpha Petrol will cost about 9.07L OTR. As per SA, this applies to bookings made prior to Jan 2016 and awaiting delivery. That's strange.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th January 2016 at 11:51. Reason: Thatz > That's. No SMS lingo while posting on the forums please! Thanks.
itzvicky201 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2016, 19:26   #287
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

^^ There was news about a week ago that MSIL was going to hike the prices upto ₹.20,000 for some models from Jan 2016. If I remember correctly they also increased the price slightly in the same or the week after the Baleno was launched. This is the second hike since October.

Source
Old 3rd January 2016, 19:31   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
...As per SA, this applies to bookings made prior to Jan 2016 and awaiting delivery. That's strange.
Nothing strange about this. The price of the car is as on the delivery date. Now, some manufacturers offer price protection which entitles the owner for the price at he booked, but those are far & few! I have not read about Maruti sticking to it (though they offered some interest on Swift booking amount due to the huge backlog, couple of years back).

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th January 2016 at 11:51. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 3rd January 2016, 20:26   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Nothing strange about this. The price of the car is as on the delivery date. Now, some manufacturers offer price protection which entitles the owner for the price at he booked, but those are far & few! I have not read about Maruti sticking to it (though they offered some interest on Swift booking amount due to the huge backlog, couple of years back).
Missed to add the 4-5 months waiting period.
Old 4th January 2016, 10:35   #290
BHPian

Finally, after waiting for almost 8 weeks, I took delivery of my first car, a Gray Baleno Delta 1.2 on 22nd December. Before I come up with the first experiences, here are a few good points which made me decide on this car/variant.
1. Dual airbags, ABS with EBD
2. Rear Defogger with wiper.
3. Excellent 1.2 petrol engine. Just loves to be revved.
4. Fuel efficiency as claimed by ARAI. I'm sure in city+highway conditions, the car should be able to return me around 16kmpl.
5. Loads of convenient features (auto-folding ORVMs, auto up-down for driver side power windows et all) in the Delta variant.
6. Rear bench/boot space

The riding position is perfect to my taste even without the height adjustable seat. The gearbox feels silky smooth.
A few things that could have been better
1. The IRVM could have been placed a little higher and not directly on the windscreen.
2. I'm unable to understand how the rear parking sensors work on the delta variant with only the beep. There is no progressive beep. Need to be careful while parking.
3. Lack of engine cover.

The car has just about completed around 500 kms. I will come up with more details with pics later on.
farooq817 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 11:19   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Could you share the deal details (buyback, exchange, tyre upgrade if) and some pics with Ciaz wheels. Assume you went for the 15" aluminium finish wheels and not the 16" from Ciaz Z+ variant.

You may want to add tweeters to the mirror housing as the CVT variant seems to be missing the same as well. Optionally fog lights could better the frontal look as well.
Need to add a few more accessories like the fog lamp but am waiting for my NEXA card because any accessories put before its issuance do not generate NEXA points and that will take around 1 to 1.5 months. Will be posting pictures soon.
Dr.Q is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 11:43   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Q View Post
Need to add a few more accessories like the fog lamp but am waiting for my NEXA card because any accessories put before its issuance do not generate NEXA points and that will take around 1 to 1.5 months. Will be posting pictures soon.
Congrats on the ride Dr.Q. I was also planning on getting the fog lamps. But on a recent visit to MASS, I was told that because it was a change in the wiring, the warranty will be void. So do let me know how it goes and if you are able to get the fog lamps added.
farooq817 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 12:43   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq817 View Post
Congrats on the ride Dr.Q. I was also planning on getting the fog lamps.

I received a call last week regarding my first service schedule.

As of today, my car has been sent for its first Service checkup, I have been told that it is completely free. I managed to clock 1200 kms in 10 days.

I was invited to have my headlight bulbs changed from Standard to PHILIPS, which i declined. I was also suggested an additive to the petrol for better functioning of the engine, which i accepted.

For protection against rats and mice, I decided to go with a spray, which fellow bhpians are swearing by, I think its called "Auto Shine" or something similar along that name.
Old 4th January 2016, 14:52   #294
BHPian

For protection against rats and mice, I decided to go with a spray, which fellow bhpians are swearing by, I think its called "Auto Shine" or something similar along that name.[/quote]

I am using the SWE rat repellant spray. I am satisfied with the performance.
fuzail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 16:04   #295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Q View Post
... I was also suggested an additive to the petrol for better functioning of the engine, which i accepted...
Looks like you have already fallen prey for the A$$ scams!
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 12:52   #296
BHPian

Quote:
2. I'm unable to understand how the rear parking sensors work on the delta variant with only the beep. There is no progressive beep. Need to be careful while parking.
Congrats on your new car!!

Just wanted to check a bit more on the progressive beeps of the parking sensor - Does Zeta and Alpha have progressive beeps and Delta doesn't have that?
Old 5th January 2016, 13:13   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post

Just wanted to check a bit more on the progressive beeps of the parking sensor - Does Zeta and Alpha have progressive beeps and Delta doesn't have that?
Thanks

There is no progressive beep on the Delta variant. It's more of a continuous tune. The Zeta has the distance to an object displayed on the TFT MID in the form of multiple curves which reduce as the car closes towards the object. The Alpha as we all know has the camera displayed on the Apple Car Play system. However, I need to check the user manual if there is any setting that needs to be changed.
Can anyone who has taken a CVT or the Delta variant confirm if they have the same issue with the sensors?
Old 5th January 2016, 13:18   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks

There is no progressive beep on the Delta variant. It's more of a continuous tune. The Zeta has the distance to an object displayed on the TFT MID in the form of multiple curves which reduce as the car closes towards the object. The Alpha as we all know has the camera displayed on the Apple Car Play system. However, I need to check the user manual if there is any setting that needs to be changed.
Can anyone who has taken a CVT or the Delta variant confirm if they have the same issue with the sensors?
I've been driving my friend's Baleno Delta for a while now and I can confirm that there is a progressive beep. If I recall correctly, there are four stages when you engage the reverse gear:

No beep --> Intermittent beep level 1 --> Intermittent beep level 2 (higher frequency of beeps) --> Continuous loud beep

However, the exact distance points at which each of these stages occur is not clear because there is no distance display in the Delta variant.
Pyrotek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 14:10   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post

Delta DOES have progressive beeps. I can vouch that my Baleno CVT does at any rate. It would be pretty pointless if the beeps weren't progressive.
djpeesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 14:15   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post
I've been driving my friend's Baleno Delta for a while now and I can confirm that there is a progressive beep. If I recall correctly, there are four stages when you engage the reverse gear:

No beep --> Intermittent beep level 1 --> Intermittent beep level 2 (higher frequency of beeps) --> Continuous loud beep

However, the exact distance points at which each of these stages occur is not clear because there is no distance display in the Delta variant.
Thanks for giving that info. In my case, I get the beeps even if there is no object behind the car as soon as put the car in reverse gear. There could be some setting where this has to be changed. I will check this later today and update if at all there is some setting due to which this has happened in my car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks