Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2018, 20:01   #2986
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Baleno Face-lift expected to come in July 2019.

Cosmetic in nature, expect it to have refreshed front and and rear designs with added features like LED lights and fog lamps. Rear parking sensors, speed alert system and seat belt reminder will come as standard.

Link
Old 28th October 2018, 09:50   #2987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskthere View Post
There comes another problem out with Baleno, brake noise issue; also in Swift and Dzire too. Of late, some Baleno owners mentioned this in FB groups that when they complained about this issue in service centres, they discarded it as saying ABS does make noise. Now this seems to be a genuine problem that Maruti wants to take countermeasures.
Thanks for sharing. I believe I have posted about Brake noise in my 2016 Baleno Zeta CVT in this thread few months back.

As usual Maruti didn't take this issue seriously. But over the last few days, the noise from rear drums were damn irritating. So, I dropped the car at MSM to get the issue diagnosed.

They had my vehicle for more than a week. During that time, it looks like they tried replacing rear drums, shoes and it's related parts. But, they updated me that the issue is still present.

I shall show this post to them and let me see if I can get some Senior Maruti technicians to look into this issue.
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 11:30   #2988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Baleno Face-lift expected to come in July 2019.

Cosmetic in nature, expect it to have refreshed front and and rear designs
Link
MSIL should properly align body line of the car.

The sharp corner marked in red circle shows the ugliest connection of bonnet and cabin.

Whereas i20 has slim, sleek and well align body line which fall it in love at first site category, Baleno’s body line is look a confused sketching.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-maruti0.jpg  

Old 28th October 2018, 23:07   #2989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Thanks for sharing. I believe I have posted about Brake noise in my 2016 Baleno Zeta CVT in this thread few months back.

As usual Maruti didn't take this issue seriously. But over the last few days, the noise from rear drums were damn irritating. So, I dropped the car at MSM to get the issue diagnosed.

They had my vehicle for more than a week. During that time, it looks like they tried replacing rear drums, shoes and it's related parts. But, they updated me that the issue is still present.

I shall show this post to them and let me see if I can get some Senior Maruti technicians to look into this issue.
I spoke to a Maruti's senior technician. He said if there is a hissing sound when applying brake while the car is in motion then there could be a problem with brake shoe. In that case, they will definitely change brake shoes.
Old 2nd November 2018, 18:48   #2990
BHPian

The MID was displaying 'Key Fob Battery Low' over the last few days.

So, took the car to MSM this evening and got the battery replaced. Cost - Rs 77/-

Also, got the MGA Micro fibre cloth.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20181102_184425.jpg  

Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 18:51   #2991
BHPian

Finished my 1 year service (`7000km) of my Alpha CVT. Did it through mobile servicing. Rs.1890/- was the bill.

Happy to report that the car felt as if it did not need a service. No rattles. No suspension noise. No surprises. No complaints. This is my first Maruti which feels this way.
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 18:41   #2992
BHPian

Quote:
So, took the car to MSM this evening and got the battery replaced. Cost - Rs 77/-
Did they tell you how long it lasts? I replaced mine recently with Maxwell battery bought in a watch shop for ₹25/- and that guy told me it will last for a year.
Old 7th November 2018, 20:41   #2993
BHPian

Quote:
It's ridiculous that Maruti won't offer disc brakes for all four wheels in their top-of-the-line hatchback. And an issue like this not attracting a full-scale recall is baffling, especially when reported by multiple owners. Maruti is really taking the public for a ride, literally and figuratively, and it's even funnier that the public goes along with it and gives them most sales.
Old 10th November 2018, 22:41   #2994
BHPian

Slightly off-topic. Have booked a Baleno CVT, and got allotted. Since it is coming from Gujarat to Coimbatore, was told, it will be 2 weeks. They asked me to pay within 7 days of allotment. Have couple of questions for recent Baleno owners.

*) Is it the usual process to pay full amount after car allotment and before the car arrives at showroom?

*) RM mentioned, VIN will be given once payment is complete (along with invoice etc.). In that case, I would have already paid the full amount, not sure what will I do if I find the VIN is 6 months old (hopefully this would not be the case, particularly the car is coming on a fresh lot from Gujarat). I was under the assumption that I will get the VIN once car is allotted, so that can check if its a recent one.

The RM has been cooperative, though would have told me the initial rules. Before asking him further, thought will check what is the usual experience with others. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by GTO : 11th November 2018 at 11:04. Reason: Poor spellings & grammar
gunsho is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th November 2018, 09:42   #2995
BANNED

@ Gunsho

This question can be answered by anyone who have the experience of buying cars from any brand. We don't pay full amount before even seeing the car in person. You could do a PDI and then you can finalize on the car. Your RM is making sure you to stuck with your current decision. Don't pay full amount no matter whatever your cunning RM will say. Tell him so and so brand is not asking for that. We book the car by paying booking amount, pay rest after seeing the car and giving a thumps up after PDI. If he is not agreeing, go to another dealer, it's not that he is the only dealer for Nexa.

Last edited by GTO : 11th November 2018 at 11:05. Reason: Removing quoted post which has been edited
pavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2018, 10:47   #2996
BHPian

You are correct. That was the case, when I bought my first zen and prev baleno which I am holding now (2008 model). Hence I was taken aback with what he mentioned. A cousin who bought swift few years back, and a friend who bought amaze, both have paid full amount before PDI (of course PDI was before registration). And hence thought will check with recent car buyers on how it went. From your response, I assume, nothing changed. Hopefully RM will accept to this.

High chances, it won't come to this point, yet, assuming, if RM is insisting on payment, and I have to move to another Nexa dealer, what is the procedure for claiming the booking amount?

Thanks for your response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
This question can be answered by anyone who have the experience of buying cars from any brand. We don't pay full amount before even seeing the car in person. You could do a PDI and then you can finalize on the car. Your RM is making sure you to stuck with your current decision. Don't pay full amount no matter whatever your cunning RM will say. Tell him so and so brand is not asking for that. We book the car by paying booking amount, pay rest after seeing the car and giving a thumps up after PDI. If he is not agreeing, go to another dealer, it's not that he is the only dealer for Nexa.
Old 13th November 2018, 16:31   #2997
ada
BHPian

Hope somebody can help, my Baleno has completed 8 months everything is fine except for one issue. The car feels planted at all speeds , but the moment car goes over potholes, the steering loses feeling, becomes wobbly and all. Tyre pressure is ok. Can anyone please help.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th November 2018 at 17:42. Reason: Typo corrected
Old 19th November 2018, 12:23   #2998
BHPian

Hello, Is there anyone on this forum who has upgraded the tyres to 205/55 R16?

The reason I wanted to know is, do the tyres scrap the wheel arch during full load?

I'm planning to change my stock Apollo Alnac 4G next month. I'm about to reach the 30K mark sometime this week.
Old 26th November 2018, 21:39   #2999
BHPian

Quote:
Hello, Is there anyone on this forum who has upgraded the tyres to 205/55 R16?

The reason I wanted to know is, do the tyres scrap the wheel arch during full load?

I'm planning to change my stock Apollo Alnac 4G next month. I'm about to reach the 30K mark sometime this week.
Quoting my above post.

Can someone check and please respond?
Old 29th November 2018, 09:51   #3000
BHPian

Posting on behalf of a friend who took delivery of a new Baleno petrol on 25th October.
The car stalled a few days later when he was making a u-turn and again this morning when he was moving out of his apartment parking. The engine warning lights flashed and the steering and brakes lost power. Attaching the shots of the CBD errors codes that showed up at the service centre; the clips were sent by the technician, kindly excuse the quality. On both occasions, they just reset all the errors/ and warnings and haven’t done anything active. Any suggestions will be most appreciated. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-c3f6aa10baf741efbe4f716203c6d204.jpeg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-0893b752eb594cb8bd07110f85f3643c.jpeg  

Last edited by one-77 : 29th November 2018 at 09:54. Reason: Auto correct error

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks