Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2018, 11:20   #3001
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Maruti Suzuki Baleno reaches another milestone in India.

- Maruti Suzuki Baleno clocks fastest 5 lakh sales milestone in a record time of 38 months.

- Over 27% market share in the A2+ segment

- Growth of 20.4% in Apr-Oct’18

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-1.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-2.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th November 2018 at 11:22.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 16:25   #3002
Distinguished - BHPian

Baleno 1.2 : Remapped by Wolf Moto
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20181205_162124.jpg
I have got my Baleno tuned by Wolf. The gains are not huge like in turbo diesel cars. But, I am happy with the improvement. Claimed figures are 90 HP / 120 NM after remap.

More details here :
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4504495
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2018, 13:00   #3003
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this Baleno at Nexa, Anand. It looks like a front collision on the left side of the car. It's good to see that both the airbags got deployed. Also, notice the damaged rim.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20181214_110558.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20181214_110606.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20181214_110646.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20181214_110702.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 14th December 2018 at 17:57. Reason: As requested
SJM1214 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 14:19   #3004
BHPian

For any front brake and / or rear brake abnormal noise, these are the modified parts to be replaced under warranty. Yesterday, I got inspected my Baleno's brakes at MASS for some hissing sound. They just cleaned brake shoes and informed me everything is fine, but I'm pushing them for replacement. I'll update about it soon.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-baleno-brake-padshoe-issue.jpeg
Old 20th December 2018, 17:44   #3005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskthere View Post
For any front brake and / or rear brake abnormal noise, these are the modified parts to be replaced under warranty. Yesterday, I got inspected my Baleno's brakes at MASS for some hissing sound. They just cleaned brake shoes and informed me everything is fine, but I'm pushing them for replacement. I'll update about it soon.

Attachment 1829552
Please let me know once you're able to get them replaced under warranty.

I got the rear shoes and drums cleaned at MSM couple of times. But they washed their hands stating brakes cannot be replaced under warranty.

So, I got the rear shoes replaced couple of weeks ago and had to shell out Rs 1750/- from my pocket :(
Old 21st December 2018, 20:53   #3006
BHPian

Hi just got my Baleno Sigma delivery today evening in silver colour with a HDFC zip car loan online that got approved within ten minutes or so online.

It's a very comfortable car to drive compare to what I had been driving for the last nine years the Wagon R.

The bucket seat comfort and spacious interior and smooth driveability made me choose the car over Desire and Xcent.

As a newbie I am facing a situation with the Baleno. The red light beside the hazard switch in the centre console of dashboard near AC switches keeps blinking all the time non stop.

Just want to know from Baleno owners whether it's normal or there's some issue that needs to be taken care of ?

Thank you in advance.
Old 21st December 2018, 23:14   #3007
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Phrangmung View Post

As a newbie I am facing a situation with the Baleno. The red light beside the hazard switch in the centre console of dashboard near AC switches keeps blinking all the time non stop.

Just want to know from Baleno owners whether it's normal or there's some issue that needs to be taken care of ?

Thank you in advance.
This is there in all the Maruti cars while the car is kept locked. It is the central locking system/keyless entry system at work here. No need to worry anything about it as it is very normal.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2018, 06:02   #3008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
This is there in all the Maruti cars while the car is kept locked. It is the central locking system/keyless entry system at work here. No need to worry anything about it as it is very normal.
Thank you.

Spoke with two Nexa representative as well and they confirmed as you had informed that it's the cars security system on work so nothing to worry about. 😃

On another note took a late night drive and felt the lighting system in Baleno is quiet good so no need to put extra relay and upgrade to 90/100 watt headlamp.
Old 24th December 2018, 17:20   #3009
BHPian

Is it normal in the Baleno engine the rough welding look that looks like repair work than a fresh car engine ?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20181224wa0000.jpg  

Old 25th December 2018, 16:19   #3010
Senior - BHPian

Indian made Boleno is a good volume generator in UAE. It sells with 1.4 Litre Petrol Engine with 4 speed AT.

http://www.suzuki.ae/Pages/Baleno.aspx
Old 25th December 2018, 19:19   #3011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskthere View Post

Attachment 1829552
Do let me know if you get it replaced under warranty. Mine has that noise too each time I complain they simply say we have cleaned the shoes and it should not occur. If I insist on it about the noise then I get a reply of ABS working.
ABS is something different compared to the issue in hand if my guess is right.
TIA
Old 27th December 2018, 09:47   #3012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Phrangmung View Post
Is it normal in the Baleno engine the rough welding look that looks like repair work than a fresh car engine ?

Yes it is. That is how a quality product is given to us 🙂
petrolhead_chn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2018, 10:27   #3013
BHPian

Does anyone replaced battery in petrol Baleno. If yes, then which one you opt for and why ?
Old 27th December 2018, 11:07   #3014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by targaryen View Post
Hi, you should get those contact details from the customer welcome kit that you would have received on booking the car. The CVT is a boon in the city. The only time I miss having a manual is on the highways and that too, only when picking up speed from a complete halt. I find the build quality to be satisfactory and not tinny and the ride is stable at 110 kmph. (I find anything more than that dangerous on our roads in any car)
Hey how has your Baleno CVT experience been so far, with reference to driving around in Ahmedabad? I have just booked one with Kataria, the Alpha CVT variant. This is going to be driven in the city itself by the wife and the Baleno will be replacing our 2012 i20 Asta.

Positives/negatives of the car, dealership experience, maintenance costs etc. would help.
Old 30th December 2018, 19:09   #3015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Please let me know once you're able to get them replaced under warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knownstrangerr View Post
Do let me know if you get it replaced under warranty.
FYI, Front brake pads replaced. (My Maruti Baleno 1.2L Alpha - A Journey of Ups & Downs)

I got my Baleno's front brake pads replaced under goodwill warranty. Even though 'Baleno' is mentioned in the email image I posted above, the part no. doesn't match with that of Baleno's front brake pads part no. But, I urge you guys to explain your problems and push for the replacement.
kskthere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks